This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The VDT in 3D Poll

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

How do you feel about VDT being released in 3D?

I'm happy it will be in 3D and will definitely see it in 3D on opening weekend.
30%
I'm happy it will be in 3D, but I'll see it in 2D first.
37%
I'm not happy it will be released in 3D, but I'll probably see it in 3D anyways to support the movie.
13%
I'm not happy it will be released in 3D and I won't see it in 3D.
10%
Can't decide.
10%

Total votes : 117

Re: The VDT in 3D Poll

Postby PrincessMia241 » May 05, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm glad it's in 3D. It made Avatar "watchable," since I didn't care much for hte storyline. That and the visuals were breathtaking.

I was talking to Valiant Lucy and she mentioned the underwater scenes at the end, and eeeeeeeeeeek that could look so awesome. Underwater tropical is just amazing, and in 3D? I could melt. If the 3D is well done that will go a long way for me liking the movie. Yeah I know, I'm shallow that way :p
avy by narniagirl90
PrincessMia241
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » May 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Movie Aristotle wrote:In case people still have problems understanding how 3D works, or if you care to speculate on how 3D will help VDT video sales, or if you are just curious about 3D television sets, I'd highly suggest the 10 part video series I found here:

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_352964242_2/177-1758604-6797040?ie=UTF8&node=2248313011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-csm-1&pf_rd_r=0N8SFNVGXSKMCB6B3JNZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1261360422&pf_rd_i=507846

Very interesting. I will have to check that out sometime :)

On a similar note, i read a rather interesting article a few weeks ago about the differences between RealD and Dolby3D. I didn't even realise there was a difference until we went to see How to Train Your Dragon last month. We went to see the film a different cinema than usual, which as it turned out had a Dolby3D system, rather than a RealD 3D system.

Anyway, the ticket person there said we couldn't avoid paying the full 3D surcharge by reusing our old glasses like they do at the other place, because they said their 3D projection system worked differently and required its own special glasses. At the time i thought they were trying to swindle us out of a little bit extra money (stereoscopic 3D is stereoscopic 3D, right?) but after getting home on the internet and looking it up, it turned out that they were absolutely correct - Dolby3D, whilst still based on the same basic principles, does in fact require its own special glasses (they are apparently alot more expensive than the cheaper RealD glasses, which is why they don't let you keep the Dolby ones).

But anyway, this article explains it much better than i ever could (it also compares Imax 3D, but i think most people would already know that's much better anyway). I doubt there are many people here who would be fussy enough to go out of their way to see the film in RealD in preference to Dolby3D, or vice versa, (or even many people who would be able to tell the difference in the quality) but I thought it was probably worth knowing for those of you who like to bring your old 3D glasses to the cinema ;)

http://3dvision-blog.com/what-to-choose-imax-3d-versus-reald-versus-dolby-3d-for-3d-movies/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Atarah » May 05, 2010 2:23 pm

It seems most Narnia lovers also love 3D movies. So I think a better question is, who gets headaches from 3D movies?

A movie should never induce physical pain. Needless to say, I have a very legitimate reason for not liking 3D films. I shouldn't have to pay for the glasses AND a bottle of aspirin. Furthermore, I should have the option of watching a 3D film in 2D at EVERY theater I go to. It should be a rule. You can't discriminate against those of us whose eyes are oversensitive to false depth of field and other stimuli. Yet the theater in my town routinely does just that. Narnia in 3D means that I can't comfortably watch it in any theater I choose. I have to find a theater that shows the 2D version or put up with the headache. Because as big a fan of Narnia (and VDT in particular) as I am, missing the movie in theaters is not an option.
http://www.persecution.com
http://www.freegao.com
"Jesus, I have no name. Allow me to bear Your name." -Richard Wurmbrand
Atarah
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 06, 2010 1:18 pm

^^ I don't really get headaches, but watching 3D movies makes my eyes feel funny.....
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby TheGeneral » May 07, 2010 6:14 am

I'm happy it'll be in 3D, it's been many years since I've seen anything in 3D :-o
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » May 07, 2010 12:29 pm

3D has lately been making my eyes feel weird, like numb. I'll still see it in 3D but I think I'll stick with watching it in 2D first. i will see this movie more then Diez. :D
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 07, 2010 2:37 pm

^^ um, are you sure your eyes are ok? I hope nothing bad happens! :-o

well, it is what it is. VotDT is in 3D and we can't can't change it, so oh well. *sigh*
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » May 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Well I have minor epilepsy so my doctor tells me it's not a good idea but I do it anyways :p I mean nothing bad happens except a little feeling I get.

Yeah exactly. I still wanna see it in 3D
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lion's Emblem » May 08, 2010 10:46 pm

I don't really care about the whole 3D aspect. It seems so highly overrated and an excuse to "throw" things at the audience. Thankfully VDT is coming out in a 2D version because that's all I want to see and that's all I'm going to see. 3D is definitely not a factor that is going to make or break the movie for me.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslans Country » May 10, 2010 1:54 am

who gets headaches from 3D movies?

Me! Well, the only one I've seen is Avatar, but that was bad enough. I felt so sick, and it was long.
Like you, I'm afraid my cinema might choose to only show VDT in 3D, because they've been doing that with some others. I almost want to go see another movie in 3D before VDT so that I get a feel for whether it really is as bad as Avatar.
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby bkey » May 10, 2010 9:36 am

Well, not to be a downer, but Avatar is supposed to be the best live action 3D experience that has hit screens so far. It's the only 3D film that has been filmed using equipment and methods that are supposed to minimize the headache/sore eye effect.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » May 10, 2010 3:34 pm

I get headaches from 3-D movies, but I get them from the 2-D theaters as well, its just not as severe. I think it has to do with sitting in font of a giant screen for hours. Frankly though: if its Narnia, Star Trek, or Jurrassic Park- I'll live with the headache. Bring on VDT!!!!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Beginte » May 11, 2010 1:55 am

Uuum... for me the poll is lacking one option, which is 'indifferent to 3D'... I don't love or hate 3D films, they're simply not my thing, and I won't see VoDT in 3D (although I might just once, to support the film), I'll stick to my fav 2D :) And I have a hunch I'll see it maaaaany times! :D

If I see it in 3D, it will be only once, while in 2D I plan to go a great many times!

So well, out of lack of the 'indifferent' option I chose 'not happy, will see'.
I've seen the movie 9 times!!! (PC)
I've seen the movie 7 times!!! (VoDT) And loved it!
Proud member of the C+S club
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Josiah » May 11, 2010 2:11 am

That will be awesome in 3-D :D :D

For God So Loved the world that he gave His Only Begotten son...John 3:16
Josiah
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby wild rose » May 11, 2010 11:50 am

I would love to see it in 3D first but I think I probably end up watching it in 2D first. At any rate I probably won't be able to see it on opening weekend anyway. 3D movies are cool and for some movies, Avatar in particular (I thought the story was lame and very predictable), it is the only thing that makes them bearable. I'm looking forward to VotDT coming out it 3D
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Narnia4Ever9 » Jun 17, 2010 10:57 am

3D used to annoy me because things would fly out at you for no apparent reason except that for the sake of 3D. Some recent movies I have seen in 3D have changed my mind though: Alice in Wonderland, How to Train Your Dragon, and Shrek 4 (haha yes I know SHREK :p ). In these, the 3D just adds depth and I don't really remember anything coming straight at the audience for no reason. If VDT is done in the same way, I will be excited to see it in 3D! Hopefully, it will be because if I remember correctly, it was filmed for 2D purposes and now they will change it to 3D. (Or do all movies that eventually become 3D originate as filmed for 2D? :-\ ) Since it was not originally planned for 3D it should not have the "gimmicks" that 3D movies use.

Av. by Lucy P. & Sig by Flambeau
Thank you both!!
Narnia4Ever9
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext