This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Excuses

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: Excuses

Postby coracle » Dec 31, 2019 10:30 pm

Because I already went there yesterday to take them, and I'll tell you where to go next time.

Why haven't you bought big batteries for the old fashioned radio and torch for camping?
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Do you mean those big C or D batteries or bigger, that we all used at one time? I forgot to check which one was necessary before I went to the Supermarket, where I couldn't see either in the battery section. Have you considered buying a solar-powered radio to go camping with?

You didn't refill the petrol tank after that long car journey you took yesterday, & now the petrol tank is empty.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Courtenay » Jan 01, 2020 3:18 pm

There was no need to refill it, because I'm just about to surprise you with an all-new eco-friendly electric car! :D

You forgot to shut the gate of the top paddock and now there are kangaroos in it. ;)
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Jan 02, 2020 1:55 pm

I was distracted and I thought I had shut the gate so I didn't worry about it.

You forgot the salmon I put on the shopping list now how am I to make fish and chips?
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Courtenay » Jan 10, 2020 10:48 am

Aussies (and Brits for that matter) don't use salmon for fish and chips, so there was no way I was going to let anyone else do so either. :p

You didn't tell me there was a sale on at my favourite clothes shop and I missed out on it!
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 10, 2020 3:09 pm

How could I tell you, when you were so far away now, that your favourite clothes shop went bankrupt, the day before the sale, due to mismanagement of the new local franchise holder, & had to close abruptly when the police arrived?

Why didn't you order our pizza from a reputable longstanding store, not that fancy-schmancy new outfit that turned up overnight & didn't deliver the pizza anyway?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Courtenay » Jan 10, 2020 3:14 pm

Because the reputable longstanding store that I used to always get our pizzas from has recently closed down. :(( (this actually happened to me once, back in Melbourne)

You didn't mend the fly screens like you said you would and now the house is full of mosquitoes.
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Cleander » Jan 10, 2020 9:13 pm

I was too distracted killing the mosquitoes that were already in the house.

You set mousetraps all over the kitchen in places where people might stick their hands, and now I have a sore finger!
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ryadian » Jan 12, 2020 9:36 am

Well, that's where we keep finding the mice!

You were two hours late for movie night, now we won't be able to watch the movie!
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Weren't you lucky that I was only two hours late for movie night when due to construction work over the holidays replacing an important railway bridge, the road was closed for about a week, & we got lost whilst we meandered around the entire district on the detours indicated.

Why don't you listen to whichever Super Sally is on that great fantastic GPS gadget you were saying is so wonderful, when you got lost the other day getting to your brother's place?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby King_Erlian » Jan 13, 2020 3:42 am

Super Sally directed me to drive down a cycle path and when I went the other way, she got into a sulk saying "Recalculating... recalculating... recalculating..." (That actually happened to me once!)

Why didn't you email me about the concert instead of just posting about it on Facebook? Not everyone is on Facebook.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 13, 2020 5:34 am

I forgot your email address & thought everyone else was on Facebook, Twitter or whichever.

Why didn't you realise you would be fined for washing your car on the road with so much rationed water, instead of taking it to the car wash?

King Erlian wrote:Super Sally directed me to drive down a cycle path and when I went the other way, she got into a sulk saying "Recalculating... recalculating... recalculating..." (That actually happened to me once!)

=)) Back seat driver or what?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Courtenay » Mar 27, 2020 8:18 am

I've been living for so long in England that I keep forgetting that some parts of the world (like where I grew up) have water restrictions. :D

Why were you out in the park with so many other people gathering around when we're all supposed to be doing social distancing??
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Apr 20, 2020 8:28 pm

When at first I took our dog to the leash free dog area in the park, I was on my own, apart from our cute collie, so why are all these people suddenly surrounding me as if I am a freak?

Why didn't you get some more dog food when you went shopping yesterday, when I put it on the shopping list?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Cleander » Apr 20, 2020 9:10 pm

I was shopping at the hardware store, which doesn't have dog food...

You said you'd fix the chimney flue, but the family room is still filling with smoke whenever the fire is lit.
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Apr 22, 2020 12:05 am

When I tried to get a tradesman to come, to do the job, I was told that chimney flues were to be phased out to not only reduce the pollution in the atmosphere, fire risks, and wasteful over-use of timber, but also they were to be replaced by temperature-controlled reverse-cycle air conditionioning, instead.

You still haven't found the blue print used for the building of Hadrian's Wall, between England & Scotland. ;;)
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext