This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Excuses

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: Excuses

Postby Courtenay » Dec 02, 2019 1:07 pm

I suddenly got invited to dinner with Tom Cruise and forgot I was cooking a lamb roast tonight.* :D

You left the car's lights on and now the battery is flat.**

*Aussie in-joke based on a TV ad from the 1980s that Wagga may or may not also remember. ;)

**I have actually done this twice in the past week :ymblushing:
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 02, 2019 2:11 pm

The smoke alarms had gone off in the house when I came home, so I left the car lights on to let me see my way inside, then I forgot the headlights were still on after I turned off the alarms.

You took the extra blanket off my bed so absolutely froze in last night's cold snap.

(@ Courtenay: *Aussie in-joke based on a TV ad from the 1980s that Wagga may or may not also remember)

Yes I do remember that one. :D And the indignation when Tom Cruise divorced Nicole Kidman to marry Katie Holmes. Then Nicole Kidman, having married Aussie Keith Urban, named her own daughter Sunday Rose.....(Sunday Roast anyone?) :)
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Courtenay » Dec 02, 2019 2:52 pm

I figured your cold snap in Australia in December couldn't be as cold as our cold snap in the UK in December (it's been below zero the past couple of nights), so logically I needed an extra blanket more than you did. :D

You forgot to water my pot plants while I was away and now they're all brown and shrivelled.
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 03, 2019 3:41 pm

I didn't "forget" to water the plants, because the new water restrictions only allow us to water the garden for two half hour periods per week, & then only with grey water such as from washing up or the laundry rinsing. :(

You didn't remind me that my club's Christmas party had been changed to Tuesday, & now I've missed it & can't get a refund.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Dec 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Oh, I forgot to tell you that the president of your club called and said that the party was canceled because the caterers got a stomach virus. They're rescheduling the party.

You forgot to tell me that yesterday was Cyber Monday, and now I just missed out on a great deal for a new printer.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Dec 04, 2019 8:47 am

I had been too busy playing the newest expansion of my game I got on black Friday, I completely forgot about cyber Monday.

You forgot to fix the computer, now I can't print my papers for finals!
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ryadian » Dec 23, 2019 10:44 am

I had to order a replacement - it'll be here by Tuesday, maybe you can put off your finals until then?

You still haven't done any Christmas shopping and now all the stores are closed!
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 24, 2019 1:23 am

I've been too ill to leave the house due to all this smoke & haze that has covered the whole Eastern seaboard. Also, we may still get a call from charities raising money for the firemen & the people who have been left homeless in these still ongoing bushfires.

You didn't send any Christmas cards, & now your family are worrying about you.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Courtenay » Dec 24, 2019 8:14 am

I send nearly all mine by email to save paper, so they don't arrive until Christmas Day itself. (Reminds me, I need to start sending them...) ;)

You misread the cooking instructions for the turkey and now Christmas dinner is burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. :D
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby King_Erlian » Dec 27, 2019 2:15 am

No problem - stick it in the microwave for half an hour and it will be burnt all the way through.

You didn't offer a vegetarian option for Christmas dinner, and two of my guests are vegetarian.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ryadian » Dec 28, 2019 2:44 pm

Oh, you said vegetarian? I thought you said veterinarian!

No one shoveled the driveway, and now the driveway's covered in a sheet of ice!
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Don't worry, all that ice will soon melt in this heatwave & the driveway will be dry by lunchtime.

You forgot to tell me that the car petrol tank was nearly empty yesterday, & now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get more, now we have the evens & odds system of petrol rationing.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Dec 28, 2019 5:38 pm

I thought there was still enough when I got home, I guess I just didnt pay attention.

You forgot to take me to the airport, I missed my flight to Greece for the holidays.
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Oh dear! I thought you weren't going anywhere by plane this year, let alone to Greece, & that you were going to travel by train, instead.

You didn't get my Opal card topped up when you went to the newsagent, even though I gave you the money & the card, & now I can't even take the bus to the station.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Courtenay » Dec 31, 2019 1:59 am

I got it mixed up with my Myki card (the Melbourne version) and accidentally topped that up instead. :D (Seriously, in real life I'm planning a trip back to Australia in a couple of months' time, so that would be rather useful.)

You didn't buy new batteries for the remote control and now I have to physically get up to change channels on the TV.
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 31, 2019 9:06 pm

Oh you poor little petal! ;;) Did you notice the new hook put up where we now keep packets of new batteries? Also, you didn't tell me whether the batteries needed were AA or AAA, which seem these days to be the main ones needed.

Why didn't you tell me that it is time to take all the used-up batteries somewhere where they can be recycled?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext