The Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower HQ

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

The Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower HQ

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Members of The Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower
Narnian_Badger
Lady Courage
wolfloversk
AstroWolfD
Aslanisthebest
DancingPrincesses
stargazer
Andriel
Eustace
waggawerewolf27
Ryadian
TheGentleWarrior
Nellie of Narnia

Welcome to the headquarters for the noble knights of the order of the ruined tower. You owls have been hand chosen to fight for this valiant order. “Why?” you may ask.

Knights of the order of the ruined towers are renowned for their wisdom, their logic, their strategy and their brute strength. However, be warned, and do not count yourself among the owls who have fallen due to their arrogance, and a proclivity for underestimating the foe. Do not make these mistakes, my owls!

Now that you know why you are here, perhaps you would like to know where “here,” is. See our beautiful ruined castle:

Welcome to the Ruined Tower. Overlooking the valleys and rugged hills of the battlefield, and with views extending even to the sea coast, this truly is a defensible location. Be sure to use your strong wings to survey the area, learn the terrain, and keep an eye out for any of the Mice of the Order of the Stone Table.

In one of the few chambers that still remains standing, you will find the parliament chamber.

It is here that the council of war will meet. Here, you will meet with fellow knights, talk strategy, and make your plans not only to defend yourselves, but also to go on the offense against your brave and valiant foes.

Use this thread to talk with each other, plan with each other, and plot your victory! Remember, to earn points you must have an owl themed (or team themed) avatar. It might not be a bad idea to post and share your owl avatars.

Good luck, and happy competing!

NOTE: This thread is ONLY for members of the Parliamentary Owls of the Ruined Tower. Members of the Noble Mice of the Order of the Stone Table will lose points by posting in this thread!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 235
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Re: The Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower HQ

Postby AstroWolfD » Jun 25, 2013 6:43 am

*pulls up a couple of chairs

Well my fellow Owls (and especially the resident Wolves ;) ).... let me take just a moment to address you all and say that I am truly happy to be here. We shall rise to victory this July, and do not let anyone, man nor mouse tell you otherwise!

For the Owls! \m/
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby Ryadian » Jun 25, 2013 3:46 pm

*Whoo, whooo!* ;)

Well, it's appropriate that I'm on this team, given what a night owl I am. ;) Now, to scour my computer and/or the Internet for a good Owl avatar! :) (And/or get my brother to make one for me ;) ).
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby stargazer » Jun 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Night owls indeed, Ryadian!

Welcome to you and my fellow Owls. Let us band together to emerge victorious in this year's competition - despite any best-laid plans of mice or men ("Well I don't think men had anything to do with it" - Douglas Adams ;)) )
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jun 26, 2013 8:19 am

Good day, my fellow owls! What a pleasure it is to be in the company of such intelligent, keen, wise, and noble creatures such as you! It is indeed wonderful to be here, as I had hoped I would be among the owls.

*goes to look for an avatar....*
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Courage » Jun 26, 2013 9:58 am

Ah, good morrow my good fellow owls! How is everyone today?

One of our opponents had an idea for an owl sig and avvie set, and instead of keeping it to herself, she decided to share. Therefore I present to you this cuteness, courtesy of Ithilwen:

All she asks is that we credit her, if using.
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Ryadian » Jun 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Well, they certainly are a noble order of mice. :) Still debating on what I'm going to use for my avatar.

And since this is our place to "discuss strategy" and the like ( ;) ), I should probably mention this: there's going to be a weekend when I'm out of town (last weekend in July), and I'm not entirely sure if I'll have Internet access. Other than that, though, I should be available to post most every day, I think. :)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby DancingPrincesses » Jun 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello, and welcome my fellow owls! I am truly honored to be amongst you all!
Wow, may I be the first to say, we have got awesome looking headquarters! I can't wait to plan our attacks! :D
Now, let us join together and see if we can kick some mouse tail! :p (not in a mean way! :ymhug: )
Your fellow owl,
Emily

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Jun 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello to all my fellow owls! So glad to see you all on this wonderful team! :ymhug: I'm looking forward to this competition. :D

Well then, I guess I'm going to have to look for an owl avvie. I wish I could say that I'd gladly make some for the team, but you all are looking at someone who is VERY bad at graphic making. :P

Btw, anyone knows what foods owls eat that I'd be willing to make? (Not hunting for rabbits today, sorry! :P ) I'd provide refreshments, but I'm not sure chocolate cupcakes would suffice... ;)
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Courage » Jun 26, 2013 5:57 pm

For this owl, chocolate cupcakes would be SWELL. B-)

But I can bring you some mice if need be, for mouse pie. 'Cuz, 'ya know, we're owls. And we eat mice. :ymsmug:
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Jun 27, 2013 11:56 am

Greetings to all my dear Owls! What a pleasure it is being on the same team as you all. I look forward to a memorable competition, whether we be victorious or not. (But I hope we are! ;) )

Ryadian wrote:And since this is our place to "discuss strategy" and the like ( ;) ), I should probably mention this: there's going to be a weekend when I'm out of town (last weekend in July), and I'm not entirely sure if I'll have Internet access. Other than that, though, I should be available to post most every day, I think.

Glad you let us know, Ryadian! (And I hope you let the marshals know, too! ;)) )

Lady Courage wrote:But I can bring you some mice if need be, for mouse pie. 'Cuz, 'ya know, we're owls. And we eat mice.

We do indeed! (Those noble mice better be careful not to creep into our ruined tower headquarters! ;)) ) But chocolate cupcakes sound mighty good as well. And I'll add a basket of fresh strawberries to the table! :)

Oh yeah, if it's okay, I will be using someone's owl avatar, because I really don't know how to make graphics. Not sure which one yet, but I will give the creator/finder of the avatar credit! :)

Oh, one more thing - a little owl joke that was my favourite joke when I was young:

Knock-knock!
Who's there?
Owls.
Owls who?
That's right; they do! :D

I guess that's all for now! Go Owls! Whoo whoo!
-Nellie :)
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DancingPrincesses » Jun 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that I will have no access to the internet (being out of town and all) for the last week and a half in July. But other then that I should be able to get on and post every day, or almost every day! :)
Go Owls!

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 28, 2013 7:25 am

Attention Owls! Please welcome a new member to your ranks:

7Chronicles
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Jun 28, 2013 10:53 am

Welcome, 7Chronicles! Good to have you with us! :)

Isn't everyone excited for the competition? I know I am! :)

And... this is my 400th post!! :D
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby 7chronicles » Jun 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks Pattertwigs Pal and Nellie of Narnia glad to be here with all my fellow Owls! :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jun 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Nice to meet you all, fellow Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower, especially now that the dust has settled on the Parliamentary election issue Down Under. :D (couldn't resist that). I understand that we have to change our avatars to something owlish, and so I have chosen a picture of the admirable Hedwig of Harry Potter fame. I do hope to emulate her good example in Owl Posting here, for the common good.

Please let me know if that would be acceptable for the competition? I have yet to work out my signature, which currently shows a mob of emus taking a stroll in the bush. Would a simple member of Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined tower message with my emus be acceptable? Or should I look for a parliament of boobook owls? ;)
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Next