Closing Ceremonies for the 1st Ever NarniaWeb Tournament!

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Closing Ceremonies for the 1st Ever NarniaWeb Tournament!

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Aug 01, 2012 9:17 am

A shrill horn echoes throughout the kingdoms of Dragons and Lions. Both teams have fought valiantly, but only one can claim victory in this epic duel! Through some magic unbeknownst to knights from both side, all find themselves summoned into a great banqueting hall, where one long table stretches from one end of the room, to the other. After all knights have entered the hall, the large wooden door closes behind them, and a glorious feast appears on the table. Dragon warriors file up the length of the table, arms swaying in unison, boot steps synchronously pounding against the stones underfoot. Lion warriors, more relaxed and casual, walk in a straight line, hands on their swords, until they stand in front of the dais at the far end of the room. Another blast sounds from a horn that nobody can see, and a door at the side of the dais opens. The Marshals march into the room.

NarniaWebbers, Members of the most supreme orders of Dragons and Lions, Noble Knights, Brave Combattants, and Valiant Heroes. . .

Your contest has come to an end, and here we stand, with impressive victories on both sides. You have fought well; men and women all across the land will speak of your valor for years to come. In our eyes, you are all winners tonight. Knights, we pledge you!

However. . . only one team can claim triumph. Only one order's banner shall decorate this hall, and only half of you can call yourselves "Victors of NarniaWeb's 1st Tournament!"

It is therefore our duty, our right, and our privilege to announce to you, the winners of the 1st ever NarniaWeb competition.

Winning by a whopping 3,080 points, and with a final score of 17,320 points, congratulations must go to the Knights of the Dancing Lawn Lions!

Noble Dragons, be not dismayed. Your 14,240 points did not go unnoticed, and you also, have earned the respect not only of your Marshals, but also of your fellow knights!

The Marshals clap their hands, and rampant lions appear on the once bland banners hanging over the walls. The horn sounds again.

Let us now proceed to the great and glorious feast, celebrating knights on both teams, but most of all, to the winners, the champions, the supreme Dancing Lawn Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a reward for your valor, the Marshals have decided that Knights of the Dancing Lawn Lions shall receive Member Titles reading: "Winner of NarniaWeb's 1st Ever Tournament!!!!" If you would like to display this Member Title, please PM a Marshal. Both teams are free to use their current graphics to celebrate their Knighthood's participation, or, if you so choose, you may utilise one of the following commemorative avatars so that you remember this tournament forever.

DRAGONS:

LIONS:

Thanks to you for making this a HUGE amount of fun, both for yourselves, and for your Marshals. Thanks to all of the mods who allowed their forums to be invaded during the competition. Special thanks go to ramagut for helping throughout the planning process of this competition. Many thanks also go out to Lady Arwen, who helped out a LOT during the competition. Finally, many thanks go to NarniaWeb itself, which is such a magical and exciting place to call "home."

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 230
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Re: Closing Ceremonies for the 1st Ever NarniaWeb Tournament!

Postby Lady Courage » Aug 01, 2012 9:27 am

Well congratz Lions!!! :D This was super super fun and you were noble competitors. *bows*

Thank you Mods for working so hard to put this on! I've been in awe of your rabid score-keeping throughout the tournament.

(and those Dragon avatars... *snork* Y'all just can't help rubbing it in, can 'ya? :P )
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby AstroWolfD » Aug 01, 2012 9:38 am

Congratulations to the Lions... a very well played tournament.
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby lover of narnia » Aug 01, 2012 10:08 am

Congratulations to you, Lions! You were a most noble team to compete against, and dist most certainly show thy metal. ;) This tournament was not only a challenge, but quite fun! An genius idea for sure.

But to my fellow dragons I have just one thing to say: "Once more onto the breach dear friends, once more! In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility." ;)) :p

Thank you also to you dear marshals and mods! You, by keeping such organized score and ensuring all rules were kept, made this even more enjoyable. :ymhug:

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wild rose » Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

Hooray for my fellow lions, we all worked together, though some worked more than others and I salute you

Dear dragons, you were a noble team to compete against, and I salute you as well.

Marshalls, thank you a million times for the tournament, it was fun and made July, which was a pretty miserable month for me, such a great month, filled with wonderful memories, and believe it or not, but this tournament helped me fully get over my postaphobia (fear of making posts on the forum) :)
thank you once again :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Aug 01, 2012 11:20 am

Thank you fellow Lions for battling alongside me in the race to the top. I had a lot of fun doing so, and hope to do so again sometime.

Great try Dragons! It was a very close contest.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Varnafinde » Aug 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Thank you all for a great tournament!
It's been a fair fight, and I think we've all been respectful to each other :)

Thank you, my fellow Lions, for comradeship!
And thank you, Dragons, for joining in with us in the games and playing along with us!

And most of all, thanks to the Marshals of the Lists and the others who have worked to prepare and to run this tournament. You've done a lot of work, and a great job - I salute you! :ymapplause:

I've got to know some new NarniaWebbers a bit more through this month, by venturing out of Ditto Town (where I normally stay) :D
And I've got a real boost to my post count - I'll reach a thousand posts soon :-o

I've gotten to know the Games and Blogs forum - and posted in some other areas that were fairly new to me. I've gotten to know NarniaWeb and its Webbers a bit better. It would have been worth it even if I hadn't been on the winning team ;)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby MountainFireflower » Aug 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Greetings and salutations, friends! I have come to commemorate this bittersweet occasion: the closing of the NarniaWeb Tournament.

To my noble opponents, the Dancing Lawn Lions: While I cannot deny my disappointment at the Dragons' loss, it was still an honor to battle you. Congratulations on your win! :ymapplause: Your efforts are impressive indeed.

To my fellow teammates: well... there's a whole other post for that. ;))

Thanks to the Marshals for hosting this tournament to begin with and your impressive tallying skills. ;))

Thanks to all who participated and made this forum come alive. :ymhug: It's been wonderful to hear the sound of posting all around the forum again. ;))

Until next time, I remain yours,
-The Dragon Keeper

Postscript:

Lady Courage wrote:(and those Dragon avatars... *snork* Y'all just can't help rubbing it in, can 'ya? :p)

I concur. ;))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Aug 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks everyone for making this competition a lot of fun. I'm glad it got some of you out of your comfort zones and more active on the forum. :D Remember to keep posting. :D

Congratulations to the Lions! Dragon, it was a noble effort! If you would like to know how many points you scored for your team, send me a PM.

Make sure you give us feedback on the competition.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Movie Aristotle » Aug 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you fellow Lions for a fun month of discussion!

Forget not to claim your avatar as a memento:

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j42 ... n%20Lions/

And for the noble Dragons, many of whom I admire greatly, a gift to you as well:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

If I missed anyone, just PM me and I'll make one for you.

(*EDIT: I included Mountain Fire Flower and Aravanna, as well as correcting Dancing Princesses's avatar.)

See you around the forum!
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby NarnianMonkey » Aug 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks for the images, Movie Aristotle! I think I'll use the one with my name on it!
I'm the brother of Dinode and UltimateSchweetWarrior.

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

...is the member chat broken, or is that just me...?
NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby Aslanisthebest » Aug 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Wow! :D Congratulations to all my fellow noble teammates! It was an honor to enter knighthood and embark on this worthy endeavor with you all. :ymhug:

And to the most honorable members of the group Dragons - you were all honourable opponents whom I am glad to have entered this competition with. *bows*

*passes around Lion-shaped cookies* :D

And THANK-YOU Valia, Digs, Mal, and PP for being Marshals and organizing this whole thing. It was what it was because of you guys. Thanks so much. We appreciate you guys a whole lot. :ymhug:
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Dinode » Aug 01, 2012 6:58 pm

This was fun, thanks mods for setting this up. Good job lions, you left us in the dust. But hey, we got second place, didn't we?>>>

*takes a bite of Lion-shaped cookie*
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby NarnianMonkey » Aug 01, 2012 7:15 pm

NarnianMonkey wrote:We came onto NarniaWeb, we saw that we could participate in a competition, we were conquered. :p That pretty much sums it up, right? Anyway, it was fun, even though we didn't win. I'll un-decorate the castle now, if everybody is okay with that.

That's something I posted in the Headquarters for the Lone Island Dragons. I just though that it would go well on this thread in addition to the Headquarters for the Lone Island Dragons, so I'm posting it here, too.
I'm the brother of Dinode and UltimateSchweetWarrior.

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

...is the member chat broken, or is that just me...?
NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby Movie Aristotle » Aug 01, 2012 7:55 pm

NarnianMonkey, before you undecorate, may I sail to your land to see your castle in all its splendor? I'm particularly interested in seeing your training course. :)
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Congratulations to the winning team and their worthy opposition. :) Somehow I wasn't in either team, but had a lot of fun anyway. Next time, maybe in the Olympic Narniaweb tournament, I'd like to be in one or the other, please?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Next