The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Postby wild rose » Jun 07, 2012 12:32 am

Greeting dear and honored lions, I salute you all in the name of the greatest lion that ever lived. I feel I must say, how honored I feel to be among such noble and courages team members. I am glad to meet you all. I know you are all team mates that I can depend on. This will indeed be a hard tournament, but I have no doubt in our winning it, we will show those dragons that lions are creatures not to be toyed with. Let us all be loyal, strong and courageuos to the very end
*cheers for all of you*

1) Have you read anything by Lewis other than the Narnia Books?
Yes, I have, I've read The Screwtape Letters and The Great Divorce
2) Which topics/forum sections are you most likely to post in? Which are your favorites to read and post in? I like to post/read in the Narnian Fan Art :) I enjoy the Games and Blogs as well as the Spare Oom. I really do love reading Talk About Narnian and General Movie Discussion, but my shyness often prevents me from posting :)
3) What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already?
I'm not sure :) I'll have to think a bit
4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? I was thinking a few hammocks might help.
You have a point there, hammocks sound good, I'm thinking perhaps some wooden chairs with carved desgins, and how about a large wooden table?
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby stargazer » Jun 07, 2012 9:56 am

Welcome, wild rose! Glad you're here. :)

'Tis indeed a noble undertaking to make inquiries of our fellow knights and get to know them better by their answers. Contemplating strategies is also a good thing to do (though we may wish to be cautious about revealing too much here. After all, this is a public thread for all to read. ;) )

Several, including The Screwtape Letters, Till We Have Faces, Mere Christianity, Miracles and snippets from essay collections such as God in the Dock

2) Which topics/forum sections are you most likely to post in? Which are your favorites to read and post in?

I frequent the Community Forums (Spare Oom, Ditto Town, G&B). I visit all the sections of the forum regularly - especially Talk About Narnia, Narnia & Christianity, and General Movie Discussion - but have posted there less frequently of late.

3) What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already?

That's classified, at least until battle is joined ;) ;))

4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely?

Chocolate! Lots and lots of chocolate. I've provided a sprig from the chocolate tree in the Ditto Town Square that will help provide the necessary sustenance for the battle ahead.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Andriel » Jun 07, 2012 12:44 pm

We made it to Page 2!!!!

This Causes for a celebration!
Pass the drinks 'round! Hand me another piece of cake!

Now we are good and full for the battle that we are to fight in July!

P.S.
Badger, I LOVE your siggie!
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Jun 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Greetings, my noble fellow Dancing Lawn Lions! I am honoured to be your teammate! :) (And I apologize in advance for the lengthy post; there was a lot I wanted to respond to! :ymblushing: :) )

*curtsies, strolls over to the refreshment area and snags one of the delicious-looking lion cookies generously provided - thanks Dernhelm_of_Rohan! - then pulls up a chair by the fire (there is a fireplace, right? ;)) ) with cookie in hand*

Some of you I know/have had contact with:
stargazer, Aslanisthebest, De_De, Ithilwen, Liberty Hoffman, Louloudi the Centaur, wild rose, and wolfloversk.
Hello again to you all! :-h It's great to be on your team and I am anticipating getting to know each of you better as we face the Dragons together! :)

But some of you I don't really know at all:
Andriel, Dernhelm_of_Rohan, Menelve, Narnian_Badger, RubyGamgee.
Hi! I'm Nellie! :-h Nice to meet all of you, and I look forward to getting to know each of you as I compete with you against the Dragons!

Dernhelm_of_Rohan wrote:At any rate, I have brought some refreshments for my fellow Lions; I thought it might be easier to come up with brilliant, witty, winning posts on full stomachs.

Good point; food is definitely a necessity! ;)) (And thanks for the refreshments - they are delicious! :) )

wolfloversk wrote:You know this tree would make a good look out tower. *commences climbing to the top*... Wow! You can see everything from up here. I do believe that's the castle in the other direction. Beware of the Dragons that roam there...

*Follows wolfy up to the top of our tree* Woah! Nice view! :p

Louloudi the Centaur wrote:As a centaur, we are said to be very wise, though I am probably of the lesser. For our battle strategy, I suggest to think before we act. One silly little mistake could cause disgrace to our noble team.

Actually, I think that is very wise advice, Louloudi, so perhaps you are quite wise after all! :) (And, as stated by the Marshal DiGoRyKiRkE in the introductory thread of this epic competition, we Dancing Lawn Lions have the characteristic of being wise!)

Narnian_Badger wrote:Be ready when the day comes--know your best line of defense! Study battle technique by rereading such good material found in the Chronicles and in other books by the fine writer Lewis; brush up on good manners by watching experienced mods and members; take heart and learn the rules and etiquette for each forum!

Excellent advice, Narnian_Badger! I, for one, will most certainly heed it! :)

As for your thoughtful questions, wolfy, I'll have to respond to them in a later post, as I need some time to reflect before answering. ;))

De_De wrote:What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already? Oh my! Are there such topics? In my opinion we have disscussed everything under the sun here on NW!

Oh, De_De, that made me laugh, it was so cute!! ;)) But it is true, isn't it? There is basically every topic I can imagine here already!

De_De wrote:Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? I like the idea about the hammocks. We could hang up some lanterns around. Of course we would have to be careful that nothing catches on fire.

Yes, hammocks are good. (Kind of reminds me of the Room of Requirement in Harry Potter #7! :p ) And lanterns are great, too. But you're right about being careful about the fire; we wouldn't want to have our beloved headquarters burned to a crisp! :-o ;)

wild rose wrote:You have a point there, hammocks sound good, I'm thinking perhaps some wooden chairs with carved desgins, and how about a large wooden table?

Sounds great, wild! :)

stargazer wrote:Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely?
Chocolate! Lots and lots of chocolate. I've provided a sprig from the chocolate tree in the Ditto Town Square that will help provide the necessary sustenance for the battle ahead.

Yes!! Chocolate is good! :D Thanks for the sprig! :) But let's just not eat so much that our tummies ache! :( :p

Andriel wrote:We made it to Page 2!!!!
This Causes for a celebration!

Indeed! Let's CELEBRATE!!! :ymparty: :ymapplause:
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Well I suppose I ought to answer my own questions:
I've read Mere Christianity and the entire Space Trilogy. I'm working my way through the Screwtape Letters now
2) Which topics/forum sections are you most likely to post in? Which are your favorites to read and post in?
Well I post a lot in Games and Blogs, Spare Oom, and the General Movie Discussion. I love looking over the costume threads, but few people post there :( I used to post a lot in the Fan Art Section... I should get back to it lol
3) What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already? I'm not sure yet...
4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? I was thinking a few hammocks might help...

Well I finished making those hammocks, and I bought a few lanterns with metal hangers (and a fire extinguisher). As for furniture how do these look? Oh and chocolate is an excellent idea. In fact, I do hope someone here knows how to make chocolate fudge... I've been have cravings for months.

Oh and how 'bout a throw rug?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jun 08, 2012 7:21 am

Hail, Fellow Warriors!!

I am honored to be a Dancing Lawn Lion, fighting alongside such brave and noble fighters such as yourselves!! *bows low* It is a pleasure to lay my bow along your arsenal of witty weapons of logic! May the Lions win!!

I've read The Screwtape Letters, Out of the Silent Planet (the first book in The Space Trilogy), The Pilgrim's Regress, The Great Divorce, part of Miracles and half of Mere Christianity.
2) Which topics/forum sections are you most likely to post in? I've been away from Narnia web for several months because of my studies, but generally I like to post in the General Movies Discussion and the Spare Oom.
3) What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already? As I said before, I've been away for awhile so I can't really say. I'm trying to get re-adjusted to NW life right now and am still feeling a bit lost... :D :D
4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? It is nice to see the hammocks and lanterns...I have an idea to dig some caves under this tree so we could have a place to store supplies. wolfloversk, that is a magnificent lookout tower!! I suggest we make several "nests" in this tree for lookouts and archer positions, camouflauged with branches and leaves. Oh, and I brought some fresh honey from the bee hives near my old home...anyone for some fresh honey? I've brought some fresh loaves of bread as well!! :) :) (Places the supplies on the floor before the other warriors.)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jun 08, 2012 10:11 am

In response to wolfloversk,

Heavens, yes! The Screwtape Letters, A Grief Observed, The Abolition of Man, and Mere Christianity. I'm saving for a copy of Till We Have Faces next.

Hmm, let's see. I read a great deal of the Narnia and Christianity forum, though I don't post there often. I could join the discussion there. I do some posts in Ditto Town, and some in the Creative section (poems, songs, art, etc.). Not being gifted myself, I prefer to admire the work of others.

I know we have a regular Chronicles of Narnia book club, but I'd love to see an Inklings (the writing club of which Lewis and Tolkien were members) book club.

4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? I was thinking a few hammocks might help...
And lovely hammocks they are! Though I really don't see how a wolf managed to weave them.... :-\ Ah, well, 'tis magic, I suppose. I think it might be improved if we put up a few Lion posters, but other than that, it looks quite like a home already. :ymhug:

In response to Nellie of Narnia,

Lovely to meet you, my dear girl! I hope we shall be very good friends.

-Dernhelm

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jun 08, 2012 7:38 pm

1. I have read Out of the Silent Planet. It was kind of hard, but it was a good read. I tried The Screwtape Letters, I tried... :p

2. I really try to post in GMD and TAN, but those, especially the first, have been really slow as of late. So I guess I will resort to SO and G&B.

3. Hmm... I'm not sure. Maybe a CS Lewis discussion section?

4. We should have a workout room, with stationary bikes, since I have been becoming a lover of biking for fun. It's really good exercise! ;)

*polishes sword* Well, those Dragons have already reached Page 3, so keep posting everyone!

By the way, welcome to those who have joined our army! :D
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 09, 2012 4:51 am

Give a hearty roar for narnian1; your newest knight!!!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 235
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby wild rose » Jun 09, 2012 8:21 am

Welcome all newcomers!!!! I am so proud to say that my fellow sisters (Narnian_Archer and De_De) are on the side of light and justice, it would be dreadful to have to fight against them

I hope no one minds, but I have begun to make an embroided banner for our team, it's not the symbol of our team or anything, I just thought it would look nice hanging on one of our walls :) add to the decor and splendor :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby narnian1 » Jun 09, 2012 9:34 am

Hello fellow Lion,
I'm new to the Order. I don't have much to say at the moment, I just wanted to introduce myself into the team. I'll simply answer wolfloversk's questions now:

Yes, I've read other CS Lewis books. Mere Christianity, which I think is a terrific book. I've read, in full, the first two books in the Space Trilogy, and have gotten about 1/3 into the final installment. Though fine stories, they are often difficult to get through. I've had the third pending for about a year now. The Screwtape Letters, terrific- though I haven't joined in the reading discussions. The Great Divorce, I've gotten half way through it, though I was really enjoying it I simply got distracted by other books- I've been meaning to finish this, (been over a year), I actually now plan to restart it.

In the past I've stuck to the movie threads and television thread in spare oom, although I do frequent the music thread often too. Games, there was a time I was heavy in it, but it's been a long time since I've set foot in this section. Narnia and Christianity was a favorite of mine too, but as discussions are few now I've not gone in a while. I might check the reading discussion if it's still open, (the "hint" suggests that it will be).

I've the other answers to this question. I also am having difficulty coming up with a suggestion. I know we have a Screwtape discussion, but how about other books, new books even? Non-Lewis books. This way we can learn of old/new authors/books we wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Same can be said with movies, We tried this elsewhere, another board, but as it has few members it never really took off. We can choose a movie, (bi)weekly, to give people a chance to watch- and discuss it. I don't mean just an ol' movie, but movies worth discussing. Movies suitable for all/most members.

4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? I was thinking a few hammocks might help.
Hammocks of course, yes. I do not have anything else to add to this however.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jun 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Thank-you for your most honorable commencement speech, Narnian Badger! (and kudos to you for your great av/sig set. :D )

Capital idea for the questions, wolf! I'm enjoying reading everyone's responses.

Here are mine....

Some, yes. -A Grief Observed -The Great Divorce -Till We Have Faces -a bit of Mere Christianity -The Screwtape Letters... *plans to read more this summer, specifically the space trilogy*, and lastly, Letters to Children. (which wasn't, per se, a work published by C.S. Lewis, but the entire book was comprised of letters by him to children.)
2) Which topics/forum sections are you most likely to post in? Which are your favorites to read and post in? The Spare Oom and G&B. I enjoy reading The Spare Oom's topics and I enjoy lurking around the Town Square. I like looking around Narnian Fan Art and occasionally pop in Talk about Narnia and Narnia & Christianity.
3) What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already? Not sure! I ditto De_De on this one, we've talked about probably everything possible on Narniaweb.
4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? Well, we could add a chocolate fountain....or two...or three... some wooden chairs, like Wrose said, with some fluffy cushions, maybe? Some comfort food (but healthy so that we can be fit to participate in this noteworthy endeavor that we have gathered here for! ;) ), maybe a nice fluffy rug... *hits post so she can see what everyone else wrote*

Gazer wrote:Chocolate! Lots and lots of chocolate.
Amen!!! \:D/

Hallo to all my comrade knights who I have not yet had the privilege of greeting! Liberty Hoffman, Ithilwen, Andriel, Nellie of Narnia, Narnian_Archer, Dernhelm_of_Rohan, Louloudi the Centaur, narnian1, I'm excited to be in the same team with you all!!
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jun 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Many thanks for the greetings, all. Also, I'd be more than happy to create graphics for anyone who would like a personalized set. :D

Oh heavens, we'll be here awhile. ;)) Um, let me think... The Great Divorce, Till We Have Faces, Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Pilgrim's Regress, The Problem of Pain, The Case for Christianity, A Grief Observed, Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength, The Abolition of Man... I may have started Miracles as well. Ah! And I have a collection of Lewis quotes--lovely book; it's like 600 pages. :D

I'm a bit more of a lurker than a poster--always have been, I guess. I tend to haunt Narnia Fan Art, Narnia and Christianity, General Movie Discussion, and Spare Oom the most. I suppose I could be persuaded to post there or anywhere, though. ;)

Well now. That'd be telling, aye? B-)

4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely?
Well, I've begun burrowing some new tunnel systems to make it easier to go from one room to the next and am working on a secret escape route in case the need should arise. Please direct any need for renovations towards your resident badger and I shall be eager to assist. :D

P.S. I left some homemade tomato soup and French bread in the commons room for anyone who might be a little hungry. ;)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 10, 2012 8:01 pm

I vote that we have a giant library with huge plush chairs and tons of books :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jun 12, 2012 7:34 pm

My dear Badger, I believe I will take you up on your offer to create graphics; specifically, could you make a signature for me? I'd try my own hand at it, except that my iPad has no program for overlaying text, and my hand writing is terrible. :P I do, however, have an image to give you, if that's okay. Thank you, noble Beast!

EDIT: Thanks so much, Badger! It looks awesome!

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Andriel » Jun 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Fellow lions!
the dragons are on page 3!
we must post, post, post!
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext