The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Welcome to the Headquarters of The Dancing Lawn Lions:

We hope that you'll enjoy your stay here. Pull up a cozy oak bar stool to the bar, put down a few bowls of iced blackberry sherbert, have a slice of wild-berry pie and chat with your fellow Lion Knights. Celebrate your triumphs, bemoan your defeats, and (above all) talk about new ways to defeat those Lone Island Dragons (without trash-talk. . . as that is not at all noble, and will lose you points!)

Just so Knights of The Dancing Lawn Lions can find our Headquarters, here is an image of the massive 300 foot tree, whose hollow base features a winding staircase leading downward into the common area:

Keep checking back every day or so to catch any announcements from the Marshals of the Lists.

Members of the Dancing Lawn Lions:
stargazer
Andriel
Aslanisthebest
De_De
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
Ithilwen
Liberty Hoffman
Louloudi the Centaur
MarigoldGamgee
Menelve
Movie Aristotle
narnian1
Narnian_Archer
Narnian_Badger
Nellie of Narnia
RubyGamgee
Varnafinde
wild rose
wolfloversk

Also, please feel free to display your team spirit by using one of these commemorative avatars, all of which showcase the bravery of our lions! As you can see, we have a "warm red" theme going on here; but you needn't abide to that should your creative juices carry you in a different direction. Feel free to post your own artwork (avies, siggies and the like) to show your team spirit!

NOTE: This thread is only for members of The Dancing Lawn Lions. Any Lone Island Dragon who posts in this thread will lose team points. PLEASE ALSO NOTE that the mods reserve the right to move team members around prior to the start of the competition (July 1st).
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 232
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Re: The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Hello my fellow Lions. B-) I must say I was surprised to see this thread open so early. The event does not start until July 1st, yes?

So what shall we do and discuss from now until then? :)

*grabs some wood and string and begins to craft a new bow and arrows*

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Hallooo Lions... Ah I see this tree here is much like a cave... me thinks I shall enjoy this.

*sits under the roots of the tree and begins plotting
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby ramagut » Jun 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Yes, the competition begins on July 1st. But, here you can prepare for battle! :)
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby stargazer » Jun 04, 2012 6:23 pm

To my brother (and sister!) Knights of The Dancing Lawn Lions, Greetings!

We are indeed called here to a noble and lofty calling, for our order hearkens to the Great Lion himself, Aslan.

Yet our esteemed opponents, the Lone Island Dragons, are also a noble and worthy order. So, when the time comes, let us join battle, but only in a manner worthy of our name.

(And have fun! ;)) )
"The eclipse will melt your spine!'

- Overheard in a telephone pictionary game, August 2017
stargazer

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jun 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Hello, my worthy and noble Panthera leos of the exceedingly beautiful Dancing Lawn!

I must admit I'm a bit ignorant of what exactly we'll be doing, but it's good to see that I'm not alone in this. I picked this group because I thought the name was snazzy. B-)
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jun 05, 2012 7:12 am

Three cheers for the Lions of Dancing Lawn! I suppose, *ahem* our council at the Dancing Lawn must be a council of war, hey? ;)

At any rate, I have brought some refreshments for my fellow Lions; I thought it might be easier to come up with brilliant, witty, winning posts on full stomachs. Let the games begin! .... Uh, in a month. ;)

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am

greetings to my fellow Lions!! let the games begin!! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Andriel » Jun 05, 2012 11:51 am

Hello my fellow Dancing Lawn Lions!
Im so glad they put me on this team!
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 05, 2012 3:59 pm

You know this tree would make a good look out tower. *commences climbing to the top* Don't ask why a winged wolf is climbing, rather than flying- she won't give an answer :P

Wow! You can see everything from up here. I do believe that's the castle in the other direction. Beware of the Dragons that roam there...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby ramagut » Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Keep an eye on your team members list, as we continue to add members to your Noble team!
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jun 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello my fellow Lions! :) I am honored to be apart of this team.

As a centaur, we are said to be very wise, though I am probably of the lesser. For our battle strategy, I suggest to think before we act. One silly little mistake could cause disgrace to our noble team.

Perhaps I am not good with a sword, but the mind is the greatest weapon.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jun 06, 2012 7:24 pm

Greetings in the name of the Lion, my good kin.

It is my greatest honour to partake in this fine competition. Let us not forget what defines our order, for we are known throughout the realms as possessing "logic, clever wits, and [a] calm nature." Be ready when the day comes--know your best line of defense! Study battle technique by rereading such good material found in the Chronicles and in other books by the fine writer Lewis; brush up on good manners by watching experienced mods and members; take heart and learn the rules and etiquette for each forum!

As for myself, I am a badger and it is no secret that our main base of operations is a great boon to my nature. As such, I shall endeavor to keep the tunnels in proper conditions. :D

Now--fight hard, fight well. But above all, we must remember that we are servants to the Lion. To win is to bring glory to our order; yet fear not--even a loss, if taken graciously, can be a glory. Further up and further in!
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » Jun 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Well spoken, good badger! We would do well to heed your sage advice.

And welcome to you, noble centaur! Your kind is known for its wisdom (and stargazing ;) ), and you are no exception.

Let us prepare to join battle upon the next changing of the calendar.
"The eclipse will melt your spine!'

- Overheard in a telephone pictionary game, August 2017
stargazer

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 06, 2012 9:54 pm

GASP! Alas the Dragons are already on page 2! They are very worthy competitors indeed. I daresay fellow teammates we'd best start strategizing. And in an effort to do so, as well as to get to know our teammates better... I hope the mods don't mind if I ask a few questions :ymblushing: If you do just let me know and I shall edit them out.

1) Have you read anything by Lewis other than the Narnia Books?
2) Which topics/forum sections are you most likely to post in? Which are your favorites to read and post in?
3) What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already?
4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? I was thinking a few hammocks might help.

A fare welcome to my fellow teammates!
Badger, I love your graphics! They definitely fit the mood.

Speaking of graphics I promise to get some up myself soon :) But I wanted to see how my current avi looked on the forum.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby De_De » Jun 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Greetings fellow Lions! I am most happy to be part of this brotherhood (sisterhood) of Knights. I am also most pleased that my wonderful older sister is here with us too.
I see that our lookout tower is already doing us good. I agree with our flying Wolf that we must not lag behind from the Dragons.
1) Have you read anything by Lewis other than the Narnia Books? Yes, I have read The Screwtape Letters and I hope to read Mere Christianity in the near future
2) Which topics/forum sections are you most likely to post in? Which are your favorites to read and post in? To post in, is probablly the Games and Blogs Thread. But I love to read the posts in the Spare Oom and Narnia Movie Discussions.
3) What would you like to see discussed on NW that isn't being discussed already? Oh my! Are there such topics? In my opinion we have disscussed everything under the sun here on NW!
4) Any ideas as to how we can make our headquarters more homely? I like the idea about the hammocks. We could hang up some lanterns around. Of course we would have to be careful that nothing catches on fire.
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
Asking for desperate prayer for a friend, for information click viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8064
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Next