This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

"My Pet(s)" Blog

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: "My Pet(s)" Blog

Postby Nioniel » Oct 29, 2009 11:55 am

@winterlife: Oh. Ohhh. :p Well, no wonder he's not allowed in your kitchen anymore, especially if he's jumping up on counters. =))

@ramagut: Wait, you let one and three year olds intimidate you? Interesting. :p Strange indeed - my dog is way past the puppy stage, but he's still pretty weird. :D
HomeschoolersTakingOverTheWorldClub - PM to join!
"They know everything on NarniaWeb" - Ben Barnes
NW sis to 7 l Twin to SusanP3 l PM pal of A.Fowlfreak
Chief of Random Inquires for the Lurkers Club
Nioniel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Oct 30, 2009 2:42 pm

My baby girl Fiona will hit 4 months old in less than a week. She's almost 40lbs (not quite but will be by the end of next week) and has 8 adult teeth now. :D She's also eating 5 cups of food a day!! :O (Definitely the biggest downside to a large breed dog)

I'm ashamed to say that I've slacked off on training her. Too lazy, but I've started to pick it up again yesterday. I learned this really awesome tip from my vet.... the best training treat out there are Cheerios. Cheerios! And yeah, Fiona loves em. Me too cause they're cheap and low protein (which I have to watch very carefully).

Anyways, Fiona's got 'sit' down pat. 'Down' is pretty good too but she has trouble going straight down. She has to sit first. We've been working on 'stay' and she's pretty good, but only if I walk away from her in front of her. If I go behind her or turn my back on her, she'll get up and follow me and then sit down again where I can see her and she can see me. :)) We've also been leash training which she's getting decent at, which is good cause I've gotta have her completely under control by the time she's bigger than me. :)) Oh, and the biggest milestone? We have had NO ACCIDENTS in the house for a week!!!! :ymparty: \:D/ I'm gonna have to give her a steak dinner or something.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby winterlife » Oct 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Awsome, fk! With my experience, afer a week, indoor accidents are pretty rare. Unless your dog goes on certain medication. Gabe got a bee sting once. It made his nose swell up to twice its normal size at least. he was put on medication that made him need to go about every half-hour and forget how to tell us he needed to go. It was... frustrating. But since he's my sister's dog (her tenth birthday present), I didn't have to worry about cleaning it up.
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Queen Susan » Nov 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Duke really likes to drag Daniel around by the neck... I'm afraid he's going to kill that cat one day--accidentally of course--but the cat really never "plays" back... Too good natured I guess. And Duke isn't trying to be mean, he's just playing around. :p But still. ;))
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby starkat » Nov 03, 2009 7:11 am

The case of the fussy puppy...

My dog has been an outside dog all her life up until this last summer when she got really sick and we kept her indoors. When trying to remind her she is an outside puppy, she has decided that she does not want to be outside. She will bang her paws into the door and sit at the back door and fuss to be let in. We have laminate flooring and she goes through spurts of having trouble keeping her balance on the floor and she will stand there and fuss about being "stuck" even though she is perfectly capable of moving. ;))

A very "fussy" puppy. ;))
starkat

Postby fantasia » Nov 03, 2009 11:11 am

My neighbor kindly donated a bag of leaves to me because I use them to cover my strawberries and herbs over the winter so they don't freeze. Unfortunately yesterday morning I looked out to see Fiona spreading them all over my patio. 8-|
She's been diving into them ever since... just like a little kid. This morning when I let her in, she looked very similar to Walden's dryad design (only leaves instead of flower petals)....
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby narnianjedi » Nov 03, 2009 2:33 pm

I have a guinea pig named Susie. She's is only a couple months old, and very cute. (Also kind of loud! :p )
May the force be with you!
I LOVE Pixar & Disneyland!!!!
narnianjedi
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby ramagut » Nov 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Nioniel: I don't LET them intimidate me; they just do...I much better with teens! ;))

narnianjedi: how is a guinea pig loud? (I've never had one, do they squeak or what?)
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby fantasia » Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Fiona and Abi would love to post on NarniaWeb, but they have trouble following the rule of making sure their spelling is correct so people can read what they type.

fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ramagut » Nov 05, 2009 7:17 pm

So, have you given your admin duties over to the animals? ;)

Well, my Teyla was spayed ("fixed") yesterday--you sure can't tell it. She's back to her normal bouncy, flouncy, trouncy, pouncy self!! And she doesn't get her stitches out (both of them ;)) ) for 2 weeks. I don't think they are going to last that long...
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby fantasia » Nov 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Today Fiona got ahold of about half a stick of Mint gum. Best dog breath ever....
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby winterlife » Nov 11, 2009 3:31 pm

We (my sister and I) tried giving Gabe breath mints once. It didn't work. ;))
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ramagut » Nov 12, 2009 6:37 pm

They make (or they at least used to make) breath mints for cats and dogs. I never thought they helped. I think that's why they don't make them anymore. ;))

Greenies are great for breath, though! It's not minty, but it helps! (Especially after my puppy has gone through the buffet--the litter boxes--and helped herself :| )
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby winterlife » Nov 13, 2009 9:33 am

We should get some, then. The cost is the only problem. I'm sure we don't have them out here.
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Nov 13, 2009 9:57 am

Here winterlife, see if this helps....
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=greenies&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2983225435&ref=pd_sl_982isg8k1l_b

A couple rather amusing pics for today...

Beware of where you sunbathe around here, you might be in for an unexpected surprise (DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!).

Beware of where you leave your glass of water sitting, you might find that it's been tainted... :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby winterlife » Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am

Yes, it does help, thank you. :)
Oh, those pictures are good! =))
Yesterday, Gabe had to get a bath because the on Veteran's Day, he got to go duck hunting. While out he got into some...stuff, and stunk really bad. When he got out, Mom took his bed. She wanted to wash it so he wouldn't get dirty just laying on it. He kept whining when Mom had it. When he got it back, he immediatly laid down on it and hasn't gotten up other than to go to the bathroom.
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext