This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

"My Pet(s)" Blog

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: "My Pet(s)" Blog

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Well now that I finally uploaded pictured of my dog from my phone, I think Ill put them up :) Her name is CeCe.

Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ramagut » Nov 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Aslans_Jewel, is CeCe a Jack Russell? Or part Jack? So cute!!!!! :D

Twigs, there is no way! ;)) I finally ended up getting a small tree that goes up on the wall! (The birds could still land on it, but they didn't).
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Nov 21, 2011 4:34 pm

maybe... Shes a wire-haired terrier mutt from a shelter and I dont know what else she might have in her :P
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Dinode » Nov 21, 2011 8:32 pm

I have a dog too. His name is Ruff, and we think he's an Otter Hound/Terrier mix. He's medium size with a thick brown fur coat, he's starting to get a little gray in spots. He actually bears a strong resemblance to Chewbacca.
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ramagut » Nov 21, 2011 10:36 pm

I will have to look up Otter hound...but I know Terriers have been mixed with nearly every other breed! ;))

A generic JRT:

These are my JRTs (the black and white one is a mix; the brown and white one is pure bred).
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Aslanisthebest » Nov 22, 2011 2:22 pm

PP, about the Christmas tree- our cats leaped on ours the second year they saw it, and that made them pretty scared of it, for the most part... However, I think, depending on your cat's personality, you could either surround the tree with wall separaters (those changing things... They're about 6' tall and fold out), chairs, etc at night/when you can't moniter Aravis around the tree. Another thing that works for us is putting an air freshener (which our cats are terrified of) by the tree, preferrably with lemon scent. It is not the most efficient method, but a couple bangings on the ground of the air freshener can get cats away pretty quick. If not that, one of those air-wick-puff things that makes a kind of hiss sound when it sprays the scent out. But that depends on whether you'd be comfortable with the scent (typically the likes of "Ocean Breeze", "Citrus", the generic...) Our cats basically stayed away from the tree when we had it because they thought it was a cat of some sorts, I guess. ;)) Just some ideas! :)
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 22, 2011 5:18 pm

I was thinking of someday keeping parakeets out in an aviary. Does anyone know how to stop them from getting too cold?

Also, since I'm not sure where I'll be living, is there a way for people in snowy states to have aviaries? Do they move their birds in winter?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby wild rose » Dec 07, 2011 9:45 am

awwwww Aslans_Jewel, your dog is so so adorable

Sorry Ithie, I can't help you with, I don't know anything about birds living in aviaries, maybe you could research it :)

Our birds are beginning to feel the presence of our niece, luckily they are high and safe from her reach but when she comes running in shouting 'bir, bir' they tend to get a little nervous. Especially Sophie, she's a real nut case, freaks out over everything, Robin is still calm and easy going and takes my loud niece very well, just keeping an eye out to make sure she won't be able to somehow climb up and get him, but Sophie tends to throw scandels ;)) silly bird :p I've just about given up trying to train her, cause she just won't be tamed, I'm beginning to think she might have mental problems.....if that is even possible for a bird
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wild rose » Dec 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Something is wrong with Lucy's right back leg, when she walks she sort of picks it up and hobbles on three legs, I'm kinda of worried, she's been very quiet lately, I hope to take her to the vet tomorrow and try to find out what is wrong
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby ramagut » Dec 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Praying! Keep us updated!
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby wild rose » Dec 17, 2011 7:57 am

I couldn't take her to the vet today cause it's Saturday X( I'll have to wait till Monday :( . Her appetite is the same as it always was, which is comforting, I took a look at her foot and I don't think it's broken or anything, cause when I move it she doesn't seem to mind so much, I don't know what is wrong, but I'll have to wait till Monday
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 19, 2011 9:58 pm

I'll be praying for her Rose! Strange it doesn't seem to hurt her, hopefully it's not a nerve, or at least that it's a very temporary problem. It's good she's eating though.

Speaking of rodents. Quorra and Nosy (one of my "mom's cats") were having a staring contest the other day. I really wanted to take a picture, but I had just come home so the cats are all still skittish of me... and Quorra doesn't stay still. Apparently they do that a lot. I'm not sure if Quorra realizes that the cat is probably wondering if she's edible. I'm not so worried about them eating her... they mostly stay outside, but I'm worried that one of them (mostly Nosy) will knock her cage off the stand, likely injuring them both. Nosy and Whitey (the female cat) can both be picked up now, though the latter is still skittish. Blackie, who's the biggest of the two males, is still unsure, but he will run up to you now. He just doesn't like to be touched for very long. I think he likes me though... I certainly like him... I have a thing about animals with a wild side- we tend to bond well (Like Patchy :P ) Blackie has a habit of disappearing for a few days and reappearing. I'm guessing he's exploring and guarding his turf.

As for the spelling situation... Mom sent me a letter the other day spelling Quorra as "Cora" and Blackie as "Blacky." She still insists that my guinea pig's name begins with a "C," but at least now we are even. I had a gerbil named Blacky, so intend to spell the cat's name the other way.

I'll try to get pictures up as soon as I can. All four have grown up fairly large.

Quorra's also shedding and she needs her nails trimmed I've noticed. I'm wondering if I can use regular nail clippers like I could with the hamster. I had a pair of cat nail clippers for Patchy, but I'm sure those will be much too big. Rabbit's have much thicker nails. His brush has been working fine for her though... (at least she doesn't try to eat it like he did.)

She hasn't been as bad of a shedder as Patchy, but I even miss the tumbleweeds of rabbit fur rolling across the house :(

Considering we have 4 unplanned pets, I don't think I'm getting a rabbit anytime soon either :/ But that's okay, someday maybe I'll be in the right situation.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Dec 20, 2011 11:47 am

I just found out my sisters Rabbit died sometime last week. I dont usually go outside to see her just because its such a hassle to pull her out of her cage, but its still a loss of a family member :(
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ramagut » Dec 20, 2011 12:25 pm

I am so sorry for your family! Prayers are said!
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby wild rose » Dec 22, 2011 9:45 am

Wolfy, we always use nail clippers when we cut Lucy's nails and she seems to get along just fine :)

I'm so sorry about the rabbit Aslans_Jewel, I'm praying for your family

My dad didn't think we should take Lucy to the vet just yet, since she can still walk around and it's hard to tell if her limp is really a limp or not, she is rather quiet lately, she hardly walks and doesn't make half as much noise as she used too. My dad said that if this goes on for a while then we'll take her to the vet, so for now, we're just watching and waiting
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Ithilwen » Jan 10, 2012 4:41 pm

AJ, I'm sorry for your family's loss. :(

wild rose, I'm sorry to hear your pet isn't doing well. :( I hope she gets better soon. :ymhug:

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

PreviousNext