This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Cavern Tavern II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Cavern Tavern II

Postby narnianerd » Dec 21, 2018 7:01 am

Holiday Mansion

Will my characters ever make it to the party? Whats inside of the christmas presents? I don't know, you don't know. Find out next time whenever I post again. =))
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Holiday Mansion

Yah, great job planning ahead there. :P I'm just curious about Papa and what sort of presence he's going to bring to the party. ;))
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Holiday Mansion
I promise I will write more about Miss Nordin. Life got busy. In the meantime I pictured the piano player wearing this

And the waiters wearing this
The sweater Twig's is wearing looks like this It is the knight green colored one.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby stargazer » Dec 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Holiday Mansion

Fun new characters, and I like the idea of a staff.

My bum knee is acting up again, so I may not post as often or creatively as I want to, since it hurts a lot.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Holiday Mansion
I promise I will post. I have hardly had anytime at home lately and have had to do adult stuff whenever I have down time. Quick question. Will dinner be served at this party or is it more of a snacks and desserts kind of thing?
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Delia Death » Dec 31, 2018 1:49 am

Holiday Mansion

Because Holiday Mansions are entirely unplanned by the moderators and there really is no plot, it is entirely up to the guests. If you wish to write in a dinner, feel free. Or feel free to munch through the snack table. Either works.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Ryadian » Dec 31, 2018 2:25 pm

Holiday Mansion

Sorry for not really doing much in my latest post, but post-Christmas exhaustion is in full swing and I can't come up with anything more creative. Buuuut, I've kept the other characters waiting for Cody's response long enough. ;))
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jan 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Holiday Mansion
Feel free to have your characters come over for the demonstration or not. Miss Nordin seems to have the staff in the palm of her hand so she won't be alone. ;))
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Meltintalle » Jan 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Holiday Mansion

Oh, that wonderful 'traditional' dish. =)) Good thing this author, unlike her character, can indulge. ;))
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Holiday Mansion
I thought some people might enjoy that reference ;))

Feel free to have your characters join in the chase or choose a direction for the squirrels to run. Please do not catch or otherwise stop them. I have a specific destination in mind. Also, the grape salad table is off limits for destruction. Thanks.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Ryadian » Jan 08, 2019 11:15 pm

Holiday Mansion

Sorry, Cleander, that Harry Herbert got kind of lost in the shuffle! :-s I was hoping to follow up the Great Squirrel Chase with some conversations, but I don't know how much writing I'll be able to get in during our last day of the thread being open. To clarify, where is he right now? Is he out in the main hall with the other guests? I've avoided mentioning him just in case he's trying to stay out of sight.
Ryadian

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 09, 2019 1:09 am

Holiday Mansion

For all the talk about Cody being their to cause trouble, he sure is on his best behavior. ;))

I was originally thinking the kids would find Harry (or probably Mel, with the nose) but it seems they went down one set while Harry went up the other. *echoes clarifying questions*
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Ryadian » Jan 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Holiday Mansion 2018

My intent with Cody was for him to cause trouble usually by putting his foot in his mouth, not so much out of mischief. Besides, it's hard to justify him getting into too much trouble when his boss was in earshot for most of the night. :P

I left my laptop at home (I'm writing this on my phone), so if I don't get a chance to follow up, feel free to assume Cody caves and follows the girls out by Kaelin's suggested route. Similarly, Faye's going to engage in polite conversation. Otherwise, I'll try to get something up when I get home, but don't feel like you have to wait for me.
Ryadian

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Holiday Mansion

Kaelin's next intended action is to start meandering that way and to play a little fetch the ornament on the way, if any of you feel inclined to post and push the story along.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Jan 29, 2019 5:36 am

Apartment 51,

First of all, love the new digs. Secondly, I love the premise. I've got a bit of a story thought up already. It'll involve some old friends of mine, somewhat of an origin story if I'm being honest. At first, I thought I'd be shoehorned by the prompt into writing more of a fantasy story, which isn't my typical SOP. But I've thought it through some and I realized I could twist it into a Sci-Fi/Horror while utilizing some of my favorite characters. Can't wait to read all of ya'lls stories. Happy writing!
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Ryadian » Mar 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Apartment 51

Agh, I'm afraid real life got in my way and I never got around to writing a response to stargazer or Blackstar's stories, so let me just say I really enjoyed both! :) stargazer, no apologies necessary - I don't think our stories were too similar at all, I think we came at it at different angles and I definitely liked the more sci-fi flavor of yours. Blackstar, I'll admit that by the end of yours, I kind of wished that it was longer because I was still curious about the symbol and what had woken your protagonist. You did a good job of connecting me to both him/her and to Fury even in the short time you had.
Ryadian

PreviousNext