This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Cavern Tavern II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Cavern Tavern II

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Mansion: Winning your Spurs
How disappointed would people be if a squirrel was not in attendance?
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Ryadian » Mar 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

I do enjoy Pittersticks, but I like Twigs too. I'm okay with just seeing her (if that's your plan) if that's better for your plans. :)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Lady Arwen » Mar 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I'm ok with A Certain Squirrel remaining a guest star, just as long as he doesn't get cut from the credits permanently. :P
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby stargazer » Mar 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Ditto the previous remarks. It might be nice if That Squirrel made a cameo appearance, but go with what works best for you.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Bob Saget » Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Cozy Slippers, Mansioners! I just wanted to make a couple of quick notes now that the lecture has started:

1) Latecomers are still welcome! You can either retroactively write your entrance before the lecture began, or you can come in late in-character if you so choose. Just bear in mind that other people may be listening before striking up any new conversations from before or during the lecture.
2) You're free to write assuming that Dr. Milner is still lecturing, or if you prefer, you can move ahead to after he's done and post your characters' reactions.
3) The lecture is only part of the event tonight - the party will keep going after he's done! There are refreshments and, as always, mingling is half the fun at these parties.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a long-awaited vacation while Dr. Milner borrows my account.
Good mortereve! Come on in, the water's great!
Bob Saget
Ditto Town Host

Postby Meltintalle » Mar 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Does anybody have quick rundown of what their characters look like? I may get around to doing a sketch of the group and if I don't have a fuzzy mental picture your character will be... um... moderately creative. :)

current headcount:
Anthony Lively (Meltintalle)
Faye (Ryadian)
Cody (Ryadian)
Molly Brown (aileth)
Ottelia Nordin (Pattertwig's Pal)
Angie Baxter (stargazer)
Dan Baxter (stargazer)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Delia Death » Mar 27, 2019 12:13 am

Aw, what, I didn't make the cut? :P
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby aileth » Mar 27, 2019 2:47 am

Meltintalle wrote:Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Does anybody have quick rundown of what their characters look like? I may get around to doing a sketch of the group and if I don't have a fuzzy mental picture your character will be... um... moderately creative. :)

current headcount:
Anthony Lively (Meltintalle)
Faye (Ryadian)
Cody (Ryadian)
Molly Brown (aileth)
Ottelia Nordin (Pattertwig's Pal)
Angie Baxter (stargazer)
Dan Baxter (stargazer)

Aside from the fact that she was nicknamed "Fire alarm" because of her bright red hair, I haven't a clue what Molly looks like. Won't know if she's right until I see her :D
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby Meltintalle » Mar 27, 2019 6:24 am

Delia, you are a category all your own and would deserve a portrait instead of a snapshot. :p
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Ryadian » Mar 27, 2019 11:50 am

Here are my snapshots:

Faye is a 34-year-old woman who usually keeps her long, light brown hair in a loose bun. She is about 5’ 9” and has a well toned figure, with a tanned complexion and keen hazel eyes. It’s clear from her rough hands that she has worked hard for much of her life.

Cody is a 14-year-old (almost 15!) boy with dark brown, slightly curly hair and dark green eyes. He’s still in an awkward stage where he’s nearly adult height and size, but still has a very youthful appearance and walks like he’s not comfortable in his own skin.

I actually have a picture of these two! This was something my sister drew for me. She actually drew this for the 2018 Holiday Party, but I didn't get it posted in time. :ymblushing: And, because I'm overambitious, I have a brief bio written up for the two of them. :P

EDIT: I have to admit, moody Cody is kind of fun to write. ;))

EDIT #2: stargazer, as a reassurance for the Baxter children: Cody does indeed exaggerate his stories about his older sister. ;) Plus Melissa would never dream of treating kids she babysits the same way she does her own siblings.
Ryadian

Postby Delia Death » Apr 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Hmm, well, it seems your characters have gotten themselves into a bit of a pickle. A quick description, should you feel the need to describe where they are:

There are only a few buildings along the road. There is, of course, the Tavern, and then there is a smithy, jail, general store, stables, train station, boarding house, and laundry. There appear to be some other buildings under construction, but they are not built up enough to tell what they are. There is no electricity.

Most personal possessions will have traveled with your character, with the exception of the following items:
    Electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, etc)
    Futuristic weapons (ray guns, atom splicers, etc)
    Currency
    "Cheats" (vortex manipulators, non-human powers, etc)

If your character needs money, they will find the appropriate cash in their pockets. If they have a possession other than those listed above, the item is allowed, but it may have morphed slightly to be appropriate to the setting.

If it is necessary, you will be given a description of the greater area upon first light of the following day.

Please note that, at this time, no new characters (other than those already given express permission) should be introduced to the story.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby stargazer » Apr 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Mel, a quick description of the Baxters:

Daniel Baxter
Height/weight: 5’10”, slender
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark brown; worn quite short

Angela Baxter
Height/weight: 5’5”, trim (it’s impolite to ask a lady her weight! ;) )
Eyes: Green
Hair: Light auburn, shoulder-length, slightly curly

Rya: No worries about Melissa.

Ms. Death: Quite a pickle, indeed. (I wasn't familiar with the term 'polonaise' as it applied to clothing. Interesting!)

EDIT: Mel, I liked the reference to a certain Charlie Daniels song. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Ryadian » Apr 10, 2019 7:06 pm

I promise, either Faye or Cody will make their way to the tavern eventually. ;)) It just seemed rather unlike Faye to up and leave without getting a head count and I don't think Cody would run off right about now.
Ryadian

Postby Meltintalle » Apr 24, 2019 6:38 pm

For the visually minded, a picture of what the town might be like: Eureka, CO - just give it some wooden sidewalks, and maybe a porch or two
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Ryadian » Apr 25, 2019 9:49 am

Sorry I've been out of commission for so long - things got kinda crazy and then I got sick earlier this week. I'll try to be better about keeping up in the next few weeks.
Ryadian

Cavern Tavern II Note

Postby Delia Death » May 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Well, it seems you lot are all getting on rather well. Don't forget, if your characters need a bit of coin, they have all they need in their pockets. But on to more important matters.

Any side conversations that your characters wish to have in the upstairs rooms are welcome, but do collect for dinner once you are settled. Your characters will have a bit of time without the NPCs (unless they are sought out) after dinner as well. You are free to take advantage of that time, but keep in mind that there will only be a few days in writer time to accomplish these conversations. If it is clear that a conversation is ongoing, of course, more time will be allowed, but if quietness reigns, the NPCs will move the story forward to the next mornings.

If you have any questions about plot, feel free to PM any of the section moderators (Ryadian, stargazer, or Lady Arwen) as well as myself.

Happy writing!
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

PreviousNext