This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Cavern Tavern II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Cavern Tavern II

Postby Delia Death » Jun 30, 2018 12:56 pm

If you are new to Ditto Town, welcome! This is a great place to dip your toes in and get an idea of what we are all about. If you want to ask questions or discuss something that is not specific to a single story, please label your post as GENERAL DISCUSSION. Current writers and moderators will be sure to respond, and help you get to know our little town better.

Thread specific rules:
    1) Please label each post with the title of the story/project you are discussing (e.g. Mansion, or Jungle Runners).
    2) If you wish to discuss a new idea, please label it as STORY DEVELOPMENT - [attribute], so it looks something like STORY DEVELOPMENT - Zombie Mermaids.
    3) If you wish to post a link to a bio of your character, you are welcome to do so, but please refrain from posting actual bios in the Cavern Tavern.
    4) While you are certainly allowed to discuss events, character attributes, and character responses in this thread, no RPing is allowed.
    5)As with all threads in Ditto Town, please keep content limited to a G or PG rating, and remember that all forum rules still apply.

Happy writing!
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Re: Cavern Tavern II

Postby Ryadian » Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Mansion

I'm looking forward to jumping into this one tomorrow! :) I've got my character mostly figured out now, just need to figure out some of the details (I finally have the name figured out! Only took me until almost the last minute ;)) ). This is a character idea that's been bouncing around my head for a while now, so this seems like a great adventure to (*ahem*) test the waters with her.
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby stargazer » Jul 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Mansion - Cruise on the Titan IC

I'm looking forward to this as well.

My characters, the Baxter family, have participated in several Ditto Town adventures, sometimes with minor alterations to the family. At the moment, I'd like to consider the version that appears here to be 'official.'

Their original bios appear here. This was created for the "Supernova" RP and some of the specifics in the bios pertain only to that story and no others. Feel free, however, to use this as a reference to things like physical descriptions, occupations, and personal interests.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Mansion

For not particular reason, but I just wanted to note, if a particular squirrel happens to come visiting, a particular Maeve's author is still interested in freezing him in a block of ice. ;;)
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Mansion

*looks at watch and confirms it has been over 24 hours since she last posted*

I've updated Maeve and Kaelin's profiles. You can find Maeve's here and Kaelin's here
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Ryadian » Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Mansion

Oh my goodness, I have a feeling that this cast of characters is going to be a riot. =))

I finally got my Faye Brixton bio to a point where I'm willing to share it. It's fairly short since she's still a bit of a work in progress, so I might edit this as time goes on.
Ryadian

Postby Ryadian » Jul 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to add that Faye has not actually reached the steward yet, so there is still time to interrupt her. ;) (I'm considering moving her to the buffet, though - it seems like Xandria and Mel could use some company.)
Ryadian

Postby stargazer » Jul 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Mansion

Angie has belatedly introduced Twig's and Mr. Gladstone to those poolside, along with an option to remain there or try the buffet. Feel free to choose either option.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Mansoon - cruise
Lady Arwen wrote:Mansion

For not particular reason, but I just wanted to note, if a particular squirrel happens to come visiting, a particular Maeve's author is still interested in freezing him in a block of ice. ;;)

I was rather disappointed he was not frozen in the last mansion so that is definitely a possibility.

Would it be possible for someone to establish a time of day?

I've noticed that time doesn't exactly move forward. Is that normal? The current string of introductions seems to jump back and forth...
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Ryadian » Jul 26, 2018 12:28 pm

I've been assuming that this is taking place in the afternoon, but I don't believe anyone has officially said. And admittedly, this kind of back and forth... it's more or less normal, but not intentionally so. ;)) It's hard to find the balance between keeping the story moving forward and not skipping past anyone's contributions.
Ryadian

Postby stargazer » Jul 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Mansion

Sorry if my post was confusing Twig's. I kind of improvised the meeting since I was late to respond to the earlier post, but as Rya said I didn't want to skip over that part. Let me know if you'd like it altered or removed.

I'm also thinking it's afternoon, but that's not official.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 26, 2018 5:11 pm

Manison

Time sort of moves at the pace of how the writers wish. Which, I mean, can be unfortunate. But it also means almost anyone can make a time jump :P
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 26, 2018 7:34 pm

MANSION: CRUISE
It's fine, gazer. I didn't mean to point the finger at anyone person. There were various posts by various people that threw me off. I have the tendency to want to know exactly how things fit timewise (part of the reason the raid on Miraz's castle bothers me).
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Mansion: Dining Room Contingent

Mel-y, if you want Mel to intuit out that Xandria is not human/aquatic, you are welcome to. You don't have to if you have other things to discuss, but I did realize that Mel's search-and-rescue training, along with a dog's good nose, might clue her in, and it is a potential avenue to explore. :)
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Mansion: Dining Room Contingent

That's a good point about Mel-the-dog's sniffing abilities. I could work something in to that effect. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Ryadian » Jul 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Mansion: Beach

Anyone can feel free to have your character be either of the forms that I mentioned at the end of the last post. If nothing else, they can be crewmen or other passengers that have not yet been mentioned. ;)) I just wanted to leave a hook at the end of my post.
Ryadian

Next