This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Holiday Mansion, 2017

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Holiday Mansion, 2017

Postby Meltintalle » Dec 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Mel lumbered over to Rya, who seemed to be responsible for making sure things got cleaned up. "Can I be of assistance? I'd offer to lick the floor but I feel like that is frowned on in polite society."

If no help was needed, Mel was going to track down some eggnog and indulge in Christmas cheer.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Pittersticks had taken refuge in a large Christmas Tree which had miraculously escaped damage thus far. "Aristotle, your definition of "active" leaves a lot to be desired," he jeered. "Active means posting in every thread before going on a vacation. But, as you did make a post. You are safe for now. But beware if you do not full fill your obligation." Pittersticks finished up his speech with an evil laugh.

Twig's took a deep breath and mustered her most authoritative teacher voice. "Pittersticks," she commanded, "leave the man alone. Threatening people is not the way to get more posts in the reading group."

Pittersticks laughed manically at Twig's. "Your teacher voice won't work on me!. And I suppose begging and hinting are the way to get more posts," he sneered. "How has that worked for your?" Not waiting for a response, he threw an ornament straight at Twig's. Twig's nimbly dodged the ornament. "I have to figure out something to stop that squirrel," she muttered.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 25, 2017 9:17 pm

MA wrote:“I don’t believe this!” Aristotle stood with his mouth gaping open. “Did you just water-bend a window? This is the craziest winter vacation ever! Even crazier than that trip with that Alaskan cruise. Is anyone else here magic? Wait, you’re not a witch are you? I read a book about people who freeze things and it definitely put me on my guard. You can’t just do that and not explain what just happened. Come on. Share. Pretty please...”

Maeve chuckled.

"Well, it's not quite bending--I'm assuming you're referring the powers in the Earth-based series Avatar: The Last Airbender when you call it so--but more...well, I'm not too familiar with Earthling propaganda, so perhaps I shouldn't try to explain it that way," she said. "We're Elementals, and while each of us has some ability with all the elements, we usually how one particular element that is our strong suit. Sometimes two, but usually one. You learn what that one is, and you use that element. It's kind of like writing. Most folks are really good at writing with their right hand, but if they really had to, they could write with their left hand. It'd just look like a three year old was writing. My strongest element is water. I've trained with a few other things, but it never really turns out well, so I stick to writing with my right hand, so to speak.
"As far as others having powers...well, I'm sure someone here does. We relocated to this planet a few years ago. Ditto Town is a bit of a magnet for the unlanded of the universe, so we ended up here along with all the other misfits. Lots of folks have really interesting stories and skills. But for the most part, people's businesses are their own business. They'll let you know if and when they want you to know--or, in cases like this, when it really is the most convenient way to clean up a big mess."

Maeve pointed with her chin toward their host.

"Delia, now, she's one that's pretty open with her history. She calls herself a ghost wrangler, but she's basically an immortal who is really good at sarcasm and realm hopping. I've heard Dan Baxter's a wiz at mechanical things--not an actual mechanical wizard, I mean, he's just good at it."

She paused and looked around the room.

"Sorry, I don't know that many other people around here. It's been a while since I've spent much time around here."

((OOC [Out of Character]: If Pittersticks survives to the end of the Mansion, can I freeze him? To be defrosted later for further shenanigans, of course! ;;) ;)) ))
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Delia Death » Dec 26, 2017 3:40 pm

"Well, now that that is all settled, and temporarily repaired-slash-cleaned, I would like to invite you all into the dining room for the beginning of our official celebration, sponsored largely by the Ditto Town Police Station," Delia said, pasting a smile on. "Without their ability to actually get through the construction that has otherwise put the town into an effective stalemate, the turkey never would have arrived. Now, if you'll step right through these doors and find your seat, we can begin our feast."

Delia motioned to the double doors behind her, and, once it seemed people were headed that way, marched across the room and up to the Christmas tree and stuck her finger into Pitterstick's face (which may or may not have been a good idea).

"You--if you're sticking around for dinner, you had better find your best behavior and be on it, mister. Otherwise, I'm sure Cerberus wouldn't mind having a new chew toy. Capiche, furball?" she said glowering at the squirrel. Suddenly she noticed Twigs, and turned much more smiley. "Oh, hi! Welcome to the Mansion! Must say, I love the period piece. It's so fun!"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby narnianerd » Dec 26, 2017 3:50 pm

Jeff reemerged from one of the many side rooms, a a cider for Maeve in one hand and a hot chocolate for himself in the other. He couldn't help but catch the last portion of her conversation with the normie and decided to chime in, "it makes police work very interesting, I'll tell you what, Here you go ma'am." He said, handing the elemental her cider as the crowd began to shift into the dinning hall.

"You know, Just last week my partner and I had to serve a warrant on some warlock. The nutjob nearly took out a city block resisting arrest. " Added Jeff, as they found seats at the right hand corner of the long, rectangular table.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm

"Oooh, hot stuff!" Maeve exclaimed, taking the drink. "Many thanks."

She followed the others into the dining area, mindful of the squirrel scolding behind her back. She was fairly sure it wasn't going be effective, but then, she had never personally been present for a squirrel scolding before. She sat down with the others and surveyed the long, immaculately set, table.

"So, what all do you all do?" she asked. "In life, I mean."

~~

Kel started toward the dining room, then doubled back to where Grace and her mother were.

"Hi," she said shyly. "...do you wanna sit with me?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Dec 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Jeff had just settled down into his seat when a portal opened suddenly beneath his feet. The effect was both instantaneous and violent, for the other end deposited him nearly five feet above the town square. As you can imagine, gravity did it's job and soon the policeman was lying in a pile of snow and broken chair pieces.

"Whoops," Ainsley managed to eek out between her giggles. She had a good view of the shenanigans from her perch atop the low wall of the fountain.

"You think this is funny?"

Ainsley nodded, "just a little."

Jeff groaned and laid back against the soft, powdery snow. "I ought to have you arrested on charges of abduction and possession of an unregistered teleportation device. Not to mention loitering in a public place."

"That's not very Christmassy of you."

"You hate Christmas, always have." Jeff replied, using his arms and legs to create the outline of an angel in the snow.

"Aren't you cold?" Asked Ainsley with a raised eyebrow.

Suddenly all of Jeff's bravado from earlier faded away as his simple cotton t-shirt failed to provide any warmth worth mentioning. He leapt out of the snow, crossed his arms across his chest and claimed a spot on the wall next to Ainsley, "no."

"Here, take my jacket."

Jeff accepted the tiny garment gratefully, "thanks." He said sheepishly, draping the coat across his shoulders. The two of them sat in silence for a minute or so, awkwardly waiting for the other to say something first. Finally, Jeff broke the ice. "You wanna go back inside?"

"Definitely not."

"Okay cool, lets go. No teleportation this time though, okay?"

"Fair enough."

They entered the main hall once again just in time to see Delia threatening some random squirrel, an interesting sight to be sure. "Delia, now what did we talk about?" Called Jeff from across the room, a sly smile on his face.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 29, 2017 8:17 pm

[OOC - Go right ahead and freeze Pittersticks. I'm not sure what to do with him and having frozen and thawed occasionally works well with my ideas of Pittersticks occasionally showing up an creating chaos.]

Pittersticks glowered at Delia Death after she had turned to Twig's. He did not like being threatened. However, he also did not want to be a chew toy. He didn't know much about Delia Death but had heard some vague rumors. He would need to find out more before he risked overt harassment. He debated his options.

"Thank you," Twig's said and smiled rather shyly. Suddenly she was hit from above by a large squirrel. "I'm so sorry, ma'am." Pittersticks said as sweetly as an evil squirrel mod can. "I seem to have miscalculated my jump." Twig's looked at him doubting he was truly sorry but since she did not want to create another disturbance she let it pass.

"Hmm," Pittersticks thought. "I wonder whom I can accidentally run into next?" Maybe that dog - a Bernard Saint, no that's not right. Saint Bernard, that's it. Out loud he said, "Dinner sounds delightful." Pittersticks scampered and slid in the direction of the food.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby stargazer » Dec 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Grace's face lit up at Kel's request that they sit together. "Can I, Mom?"

"Of course," Angie replied with a smile. She knew Grace loved her family very much, but Emma was too small to play with and her parents were, well, parents.

Angie stood, picked up her baby, and followed them - and a talking squirrel - in the direction of the food, picking up her husband along the way.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 29, 2017 11:41 pm

((OOC: :D One frozen squirrel, coming up when an opportunity knocks))

"Thank you!" Kaelin called, the two girls immediately heading off to the dining area. She surveyed the area, and, mindful of her sister, the deputy, and the newbie's location, was about to suggest they sit a few seats away. Then she spied it--a smaller, separate table with wide backless benches and pillows, clearly intended for children, small folk, fae, and possibly even quadrupeds.

"Ooh! Wanna sit over there?" she asked Grace, pointing.

~~

"Seriously?" Maeve groaned as Jeff vanished into the portal. "I thought Delia fixed all that holodeck-turned-portal malfunctioning stuff!"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Delia Death » Dec 30, 2017 5:14 pm

"Why do I get the sneaking suspicion he's just going to wait until my back is turned, and then do something else?" Delia said, shaking her head. "Well, anyway, dinner is about to be served--or in this case, I think it's more pass-the-plate--would you care to join?"

She offered an elbow to Twigs.

"Delia, now what did we talk about?" Called Jeff from across the room, a sly smile on his face.

"You talk about a lot of things," Delia shot back. "But as far as I can tell, there's nothing on the books about threatening small creatures with a three headed dog when they're being little furry pillboxes of insta-Scrooge, now, is there?"

~~

OFFICIAL NOTICE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS

As the season begins to draw to a close, so must our time in the Mansion. Thus, to give everyone proper notice, this is your one-week(ish) notification that the Mansion will be closing its doors on the day after Epiphany (which would be the 7th, for those of you who do not celebrate it). I will, of course, remind you as the time draws nearer, but please do keep this in mind with any pending romps.

Your Current Mansion Keeper,

D. Death
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Meltintalle » Dec 31, 2017 11:08 am

No party is complete without a dinner. Mel spotted a table that seemed designed for someone of her height and padded over.

"Is this seat taken yet? No?"

She turned around three times on the cushion--careful to keep her tail tucked in against her body (there had been a few unfortunate incidents with tableware in the past)--but the plush velvet proved to be generously sized and comfortable for sitting.

Ritual complete, Mel sat at attention, eagerly awaiting the blessing of the food. She hoped it wouldn't be too long. She was already starting to drool at the thought of all the lovely holiday delicacies that might be served.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby stargazer » Dec 31, 2017 11:56 am

"Okay!" Grace replied to Kaelin. As the girls made their way to the smaller table and chairs, Grace giggled as Mel did her seating ritual. "Just like our dog does," she said.

"Can we sit next to you?" she asked Mel, hoping the answer would be yes.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Meltintalle » Dec 31, 2017 5:00 pm

"It would be a pleasure to sit next to you," said Mel. "Would you mind passing the eggnog and pouring some in my bowl? I seem to be very thirsty all of a sudden."
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 31, 2017 7:13 pm

"Oh! I can do that!" Kaelin said, eager to make up for her previous spills. She was not a clumsy person by nature, but rather was still working on that skill of determining what skills were outside-only skills and what skills were permissible inside. She very carefully lifted up the jug of eggnog and poured some into Mel's bowl, then into her glass and into Grace's. She noticed she also had a mug at her place, and briefly considered going and getting some cider, but then remembered hearing Maeve speak poorly of someone who was a "two fisted drinker" and decided it would be poor form.

"So," she said, tentatively taking her seat. "Um. What didja do for the holidays?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Dec 31, 2017 8:55 pm

"Well, maybe not for that exact scenario, no." Stammered Jeff, stuck somewhere between frustration and mirth.

"Squirrels make good eats', if done up right." Ainsley added, taking her coat back from Jeff, who in turn gave her a judgmental glance, she ignored it and the two of them began to cross the hall ,"what? I ain't talking 'bout no talking squirrels. Just the regular ones, side's I bet he tastes nasty. Whatta think Delia? Name's Ainsley btw, heard lot's about you."
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext