This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 23, 2015 12:58 am

Annie cautiously opened the door for the zombie hunting party.

"Oh, you caught one. Yay. Hurry up and get in with it."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Anhun » Jul 23, 2015 4:46 am

While Annie and Ainsley were guarding the door, Aron, Doc and Austyn had been exploring the first floor looking for possible zombie entry points. The first floor is easily the least mysterious part of the mansion, and the exploration process didn't take long. They were now busy fortifying the east entrance using, among other things, a grand piano. It was heavy work and both Doc and Aron were grateful that Austyn had proposed bringing a covered platter of beverages and snacks.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm

With a nod, Neal dragged the unconscious zombie into the mansion with the the help of Delia and Bryan. Once inside, the Darkling slung the captured dead over his shoulder and headed for one of the shadows. "I'll be back shortly." with that, he disappeared into the dark.

----

Several minutes later, Neal emerged from the basement and headed into the kitchen. "Alright, our guest is completely immobilized downstairs. Took most of the chains and ropes that were available, but it shouldn't be going anywhere." the Darkling paused while opening some cabinets and the refrigerator before continuing. "Still, someone definitely needs to go down there with Doc when she does her voodoo."

With that, Neal headed into the grand hall of the mansion with a platter of finger foods and a bottle of some dark drink in tow.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby stargazer » Jul 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Bryan snagged a few finger foods and a beverage. Never thought I'd say it, but zombie hunting seems to work up the appetite. Of course, he'd had little since the morning cup of coffee.

"I'm curious about the Doc's ritual, so I volunteer to be down there when she does it."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 24, 2015 12:50 am

"Shouldn't we have someone watching the ritual capable of subduing the zombie if something goes wrong during it? We can't risk that thing getting loose and infecting one or more of us. We'll never make it if we have to fight zombies in here while worrying about them breaking in," Annie said.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Delia Death » Jul 24, 2015 2:05 pm

"Are you volunteering?" Delia asked, snagging Neal's bottle and waterfalling a swig before handing it back.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 25, 2015 5:55 pm

"I'm not much of a fighter, but I guess I can, if someone can lend me a gun," Annie answered.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 25, 2015 9:18 pm

"...if someone can lend me a gun,"

From behind the back of one of the large chairs by the fireplace a hand extended holding a revolver. "Here, you can use my spare." While not a huge fan of lending people his things, Neal figured Ainsley wouldn't be parting with any of her firearms freely so he might as well let the girl borrow one of his.

"Fully loaded with precision targeting guaranteed not to miss... as long as you aim it right. It's also perfectly weighted for universal use, so no need in worrying whether its too heavy or not."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Anhun » Jul 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Doc returned to the group in time to hear the exchange between Neal and Annie. "So you're my bodyguard Annie? That works. We're going to go up to the conservatory first to pick out some more plants then we'll take them down to the dungeon and get started. Just so you know what you're getting into, you might want to bring some light reading material or a hand-held device. Being a spectator at a Ritual of Life can be really dull. Also, it requires all of my concentration, to the point that I won't be able to react to anything that happens, not even to move out of the way. So if something goes wrong, just take the shot, don't waste time or breath giving me directions."

"Aron or Austyn should be along in a bit to brief everyone on first floor security." she added as she headed towards the staircase.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 26, 2015 10:21 pm

Aron emerged from the kitchen, where he'd been briefly looking for more snacks. Doc had asked he and Austyn to let everyone know what they'd done to the Mansion while the hunting party was away.

"We've fortified the first floor by blocking the entrance with a grand piano," he said, "as well as boarded up the windows. It's imperative, obviously, to leave the piano where it's at and to do routine checks to make sure everything is secure. If I've forgotten to mention anything, I'm sure Austyn can jog my memory." He had to chuckle at this, considering he'd lost all memories of his previous life. "It goes without saying that keeping the zombies out is our first priority. Ultimately, as long as this first floor stays secure, we should be fine."
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 27, 2015 12:30 am

"Thanks," Annie said, taking the gun from Neal. She followed Doc toward the staircase, nervous about being on ritual bodyguard duty, but feeling more confident with gun in her possession. She didn't normally bring lethal weapons with her on jobs, she wasn't a killer and theft plus murder gets a lot more police attention, but she knew how to use a gun. At least on a firing range anyway.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Anhun » Jul 28, 2015 4:33 am

Doc and Annie walked down the basement staircase, with their arms full of flowering plants. Doc nearly dropped hers when she saw the zombie. "We'll have a lot of work to do before we enter him in the beauty pageant." She tried to laugh, but her nerves betrayed her. No one had told her how frighteningly hideous zombies were.

The zombie gave them a venomous look. "Reh hee KOH!" He yelled through his make-shift gag, every part of him straining against his fetters.

"Sorry, that's not going to happen any time soon." Doc recovered herself and began to place the plants in position around him. She found a rope that she had seen earlier, and threw it around an overhead pipe, so that she could hang flowers more or less over the creature's head.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 28, 2015 12:40 pm

"It goes without saying that keeping the zombies out is our first priority. Ultimately, as long as this first floor stays secure, we should be fine."

"Unless they learn to climb like monkeys or the like." Neal said dryly before taking another swig of drink. "What about possible ways of fighting them off? Any work on that front?"
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jul 28, 2015 12:52 pm

"I seem to recall that blasting their brains out worked rather well," Delia commented dryly. "I'm sure that other things like decapitation would also prove effective."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 28, 2015 1:26 pm

"Well, that's a given." Neal said with a slight smile. "Be prepared to just go for the brain if decapitations or any other method doesn't work. I've seen undead that are practically unstoppable with any other method but a head shot before..." he added mostly for the benefit of Aron and Austyn.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Official Gamemaster Business

This roll is to determine the outcome of the Ritual of Life. Given the strengths and weaknesses of the character and the options available in this story, your success will be determined by a 6-sided die. You must roll a 1, 2, or 3 to successfully re-humanize the zombie. If you roll a 4, you will fail to heal the zombie and they will die. If you roll a 5 or 6, you will not only fail to heal the zombie but also empower it. The roll will be done for you, and the characters involved will be PM'd with the result of the roll and instructed how to proceed. If you would like to modify this roll, pass on rolling, or agree to the roll, please PM a gamemaster or post in the Cavern Tavern in the next 24 hours.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

PreviousNext