This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Aron arrived in front of the Mansion, then rang the doorbell. After an undetermined amount of time, he decided to just in. More people were here than he expected. He slinked in and did his best to blend into the crowd.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Delia Death » Jul 08, 2015 9:24 pm

The evening went swimmingly, with no earthquakes or alternate dimensions popping up, and, as per usual in Ditto Town, stretched far into the small hours of the morning. While many people went home, eight, including Delia, decided to spend the night in the Mansion, rather than make the hazardous trek home in the dark.

Delia rose not-so-bright-and-early the next morning, and thus was not surprised to find that a few guests were already up and enjoying muffins and tea or coffee. She stepped out on the porch and surveyed the square, wondering at the quietness. Not that many people were about. She shrugged it off, picked up the morning paper, then wandered back inside. After pouring herself a cup of coffee, she settled down to read the news.

"Um, guys?" she finally said, looking around at the others. "I think we might be in trouble...."

She glanced back at the newspaper, then set it down for all to see:

Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 08, 2015 9:44 pm

The party passed without incident, which was a nice change for once. Neal was intending to head back to his apartment when the festivities were done, but apparently dosed off longer and deeper than he meant to. Slowly waking up as the early morning light creeped into the main hall, the Darkling leisurely made his way to the kitchen and fixed some breakfast.

----

The Darkling walked over to where Delia was sitting and quickly scanned the newspaper article. "Leave it to the governing powers to deny a zombie outbreak even when it's feasting on their own heads." he surmised dryly before taking another sip of coffee.

"And here I thought we were going to have a pleasant time for once..." Neal added as he looked out the kitchen window, eyeing the eerily abandoned Ditto Town alleys and streets.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Anhun » Jul 09, 2015 6:54 am

"What is zombie? On a scale from the Dakaran snuffles to the Mordorian plague?" Doc had followed the sound of voices in her efforts to hunt down breakfast.

She had enjoyed the previous evening and liked everyone she met. Granted, owing to the violent sort of company Doc usually kept, she was inclined to like anyone who didn't try to shoot her or chop her head off.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stargazer » Jul 09, 2015 9:02 am

Bryan entered the common room just in time to hear these comments.

"Zombies?" he thought. "Aren't those just on TV shows and movies?"

He kept his comments to himself until he had a chance to read the newspaper Delia had brought.

"Stay indoors until the bacteria is contained?" He looked around at the others and filled a mug with coffee. "I guess we're going to be here a while. That calls for some coffee."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby narnianerd » Jul 09, 2015 8:42 pm

As stated previously, Ainsley wasn't much of a drinker. But never one to do something halfway, last night partied hard and passed out, completely inebriated. As a result, she woke up the next morning sprawled out on a plush pink couch, a jack-hammer pounding away at her temple.

After a bit of stumbling around she found her way to the kitchen, primarily by tracing the scent of coffee back to it's source. Once there she made a beeline for the dark, bitter drink, hoping that it would break her hangover. It wasn't until she took a seat at the table that she even noticed the newspaper.

"Well... Son of a gun." She grumbled angrily between sips.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Neal gave a quizzical eyebrow raise to the woman that had never heard of zombies. Lucky you... he thought before turning around to answer.

"Zombies are delightful individuals who prefer to feast on the brains of the living as opposed to... say, drinking their blood or just eating them outright. Some are actually well adjusted individuals, but those are exceedingly rare and usually not the virus spawned kind." he paused briefly as Ainsley breezed past to get some coffee.

"So in short, they're like a plague. But with feet."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Jul 09, 2015 9:22 pm

"I was on Kandlehar a few years back during a small outbreak. Climbing exhibition I think. The strain never came near our camp in any significant number, we were far too isolated. But a few small towns were wiped out before the government could put an effective response together. Zombies ain't nothing to fool around with. A plague with feet alright, not to mention a mouth full of teeth and a body full of them little bacteria just waiting to jump into your blood stream."

She sighed, drawing her pistol and setting it on the table. "Usually there's only one way to stop them, you've gotta splatter their brain matter all over the stinking place. Makes one heck of a mess though."
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Anhun » Jul 10, 2015 9:43 am

Doc's mind was in fix-it mode. "So zombie is what they call the victim of the disease, not the disease itself . . . can these zombies be restrained? Delia, this mansion has a sort of creepy vibe. That's not an insult, mind you. Do you have any chains lying around, or anything that can be used as a gag? A fully tricked out dungeon would be ideal, but that might be too much to ask. If I can perform the Ritual of Life on them I can cure their disease. The problem is the logistics."
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Delia Death » Jul 10, 2015 11:59 am

"Eh, the Mansion's old, the city owns it, and it's probably the longest-standing building the town has--no offense taken," Delia smiled and leaned back. "And it's Ditto Town, so I'm sure we can find a 'fully tricked out dungeon' somewhere. I just don't know if the Ritual will work."

She thought for a moment, then walked out in the hall, returning with a shotgun-like apparatus swung over her shoulder.

"Only way to tell, though, might be to test it out. Wanna go see if we can catch one? That way I can check and see if it's soul is in place or not. If it doesn't have an intact soul, I've a feeling your ritual won't do much good."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby stargazer » Jul 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Bryan couldn't help thinking of the shuffling zombies from The Walking Dead - a show that gave him the willies and which the rest of his family absolutely hated - but when Delia returned he decided to jump in with both feet.

"A zombie hunt? I've never believed the things were real, and have no idea about how to find or catch one, but I've spent a lot of time out in the woods and have a little tracking experience. I'd like to come along, if that's all right."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Delia Death » Jul 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Delia grinned.

"Fine by me. What do ya say, Doc?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 10, 2015 12:37 pm

"If you need an extra gun, I wouldn't mind tagging along. Unless you want to take all the glory for yourself..." Neal said with a knowing smile aimed at Delia.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jul 10, 2015 12:41 pm

"I wouldn't mind a hunting partner like yourself," Delia winked. "I have all the time in the world to snag some glory on my own. It can wait."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 10, 2015 12:45 pm

"Flattery will only get you so far..." Neal whispered to the ghost wrangler as he walked passed her and into the foyer to retrieve his revolver and ammo.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jul 10, 2015 1:25 pm

"So will violence, but I haven't given up on that one yet, either," Delia replied, playfully elbowing Neal in the ribs as he passed.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

PreviousNext