This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Postby Delia Death » Aug 11, 2015 12:49 pm

"We can see about getting armaments later," Delia said, stopping in the front hall to pull her jacket on, then jerked her head toward one of the closets. "But I'd suggest something that's a bit more inclined toward decapitation or explosions. There's a small assortment of swords and things in there--maybe even a bow. Keep in mind, though--nothing short of the complete incapacitation of the nervous system seems to work for these guys."

She looked at Neal, then at the others, then back to Annie.

"I'd suggest that we go single file...someone with good aim should be at the front and at the back, to try to cover, I guess. The school is only a few blocks, but who knows. I'm thinking that our first stop there should be the nurse's office, unless someone has a better idea."

Gamemaster Notes
If you wish for your character to come along, and they have not officially said they're coming, just have them tag along.
Your goal in this area should be to figure out more about the infection. If your character stumbles upon something that might be helpful, or even if they don't, you may receive a PM from a gamemaster with information. If you receive such a PM, it us up to you how much of that information is shared and how much is kept private.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby stargazer » Aug 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Bryan was one of those who tagged along; after a brief search for a serviceable weapon he came upon a fireplace poker gathering dust in the basement. Thanks to his lack of experience with sword or bow, he decided it would be safer for his companions if he left those options to those able to competently use them.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Annie was on edge the whole way to the school. They hadn't spotted any zombies yet, but the potential was always there.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Anhun » Aug 17, 2015 8:27 am

Doc perused the bulletin board by the front entrance. "Theatrical presentation for Autobot Heritage Month. . . Selma Slicker wins grand prize in fingernail painting competition . . . flu shots, but we knew about that . . . I don't see anything useful here." She went a little further down the hall. "The nurse's office should be near the main entrance, they usually are . . . there we go."
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Delia Death » Aug 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Delia cautiously looked through the window before jiggling the doorknob. It gave way, and she walked in.

"Well...I'm sure we can find all manner of things useful in here. Hopefully we find out where the vaccines were shipped from. I just hope none of us get poked by anything," she shuddered. "I know we're thinking its in a needle, but the fact that so many people got infected here just gives me the creeps."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 17, 2015 10:36 pm

"I can check her computer. There might be information on there," Annie said, sitting down at the nurse's desk. She turned the computer on and stared at the login screen. "Great. Password protected."

She shuffled through a pile of newspapers and granola bar wrappers and found a post-it note pad. On the top note was the message: Computer Password = I <3 Kids.

"The nurse needed a note to remember that password? That's a bit disturbing," Annie muttered, typing as she spoke.

The revealed desktop was a bit ... cluttered. Lots and lots of unnamed files.

"This might take awhile, guys."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Delia Death » Aug 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Delia shrugged.

"Maybe it was one of those things where they make you change the password every other month. If I had to change passwords that frequently, I'd be writing it down every time I changed it, too," she said, shuffling around the room and peeking in cupboards. "While you search through that, I guess I could see if I could find the actual medication. If we're lucky, it'll be like clothing, and say where it was made."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby stargazer » Aug 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Bryan joined Delia in checking cabinets and drawers. "Yes, if we're lucky there may be a lot number on it that will trace back to exactly where and when it was made."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Neal continued looking around at the various files and oddities around the office. "I suppose someone should be watching the door..." the Darkling said as he headed back to the entrance.

"Good luck with the search." He said before disappearing into the shadows.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 21, 2015 11:19 pm

"Guys, I found something. The vaccines originated in a lab in Monstropolis," Annie said, waving anyone paying attention over to the computer.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stargazer » Aug 22, 2015 9:50 am

Bryan had been going through an old metal file cabinet in the corner. "Didn't know they still had these things," he joked to himself, half-buried in old papers and memos rendered pointless by the outbreak.

At Annie's announcement he walked over to her computer screen, absently carrying the last file folder he'd been looking at.

"Good find," he offered, sitting in a vacant chair. Unable to see more on the computer screen, he returned his attention to his paper files. "Whoa!" he called out in a moment. "Here's an obituary for a doctor who died suddenly. It's attached to a memo that says his symptoms were incorrectly diagnosed as rabies. It also says he objected to the vaccination and that the real cause of death is undetermined because of the outbreak in Monstropolis.

"Any of you find this suspicious? To me rabies sounds a little too much like Bob's stories of angry biting kids. Rabies might be a good diagnosis if you weren't expecting some kind of zombie outbreak - and really, before all this happened, who would?"
stargazer

Postby Delia Death » Aug 24, 2015 12:42 am

"Anyone find is suspicious that the one guy who thinks something is wrong dies under mysterious situations?" Delia shook her head. "Sounds like pretty foul play to me. I'll go grab Neal, get him up to speed, and then I guess we need to decide what to do next."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby stargazer » Aug 25, 2015 11:37 am

Bryan managed a small sigh of relief. "Good, it's not just me then. I was beginning to wonder if I was being a little too paranoid about all this."
stargazer

Postby Delia Death » Aug 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Delia returned with Neal in tow.

"Ok, we're all up to speed, so now, the million dollar question: what do you want to do next?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 01, 2015 10:16 pm

"I'd say we should go to Monstropolis to investigate, but I'm not sure how we'd get there. That's a long trip and there are bound to be a lot of zombies out there," Annie said. "Anyone got a plane or a starship or something they haven't mentioned?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Delia Death » Sep 07, 2015 3:13 pm

"Well, there's a hangar, and I'm sure we could...borrow one. With or without the owner's permission."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

PreviousNext