This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Postby Anhun » Jul 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Doc was preoccupied with what Delia has said about zombie souls, and whether or not they were intact. "I'm just trying to understand the situation medically. What you're saying is the bacteria effectively kills the victim, and then continues to manipulate its body after death? If that's true then, when I've finished the disease-purging part of the ritual, which isn't a quick process, we'll be left with an uninfected corpse. Now this could still stem the tide of infection, but it means I would have to perform a second ritual to bring back their soul. I've reset a dislocated soul or two in my day. It's extremely bothersome and time consuming."

Doc paused for a beat, then said "Let's do this. By the way, would it help if I made us invisible to zombies?"
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnianerd » Jul 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Ainsley, still recovering from her hangover, was slow to respond to the current conversation and it wasn't until Neal and Delia had left for the foyer that she realized that they were organizing a zombie hunting party or that she wanted in. Growling, stumbled to the coat closet where she had stored her rucksack the night prior.

A few moments later she emerged, gone was the cocktail dress, replaced by cargo pants and two battle rifles.

"Couldn't hurt."
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 10, 2015 10:28 pm

"I'll come," Aron said, once he got wind of the zombie-hunting party. "I can't remember who I was or what skills I'd have to offer--if any--but I'll try to be of assistance."

After a moment, he mumbled under his breath, "Seems like I go to sleep and the world goes to rot."

Aron couldn't be too surprised at the disruption of his world--after all, he couldn't remember what his life was like before this. But at the same time, it wasn't the most pleasant thing to wake up to.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Annie straggled downstairs, still in her hooded cloak. She'd abandoned the mask since it was a bit too difficult to sleep in something with a beak. The smell of coffee lured her into the kitchen and she silently listened to the preparations for the coming zombie hunt.

"I'd be willing to go too. Not much for guns though, they're a little too noisy for my taste."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Delia Death » Jul 10, 2015 11:59 pm

"Six of us wanting to go...if six of us go, and one stays," Delia mused, casting an eye Austyn's direction. "That's not going to end well."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Anhun » Jul 11, 2015 5:54 am

While the others were putting their party together, Doc had been looking through the kitchen for supplies. She had found a sack and tied it around her arm, and was now gather pots and other things that could be used as pots.

"Does the mansion have a garden? I need some plants and soil. Also, once we've figure our group out, I think our next order of business should be to decide where we're going to bring the zombies once they are captured. Any thoughts?"
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Delia Death » Jul 13, 2015 4:05 pm

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Delia said, putting her hands up. "Howsabout we start with one zombie and see how we fare?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Neal returned to the kitchen in time to hear the doctor woman discussing a mass cure for the zombies. "How about we actually catch one first?" the Darkling said to Delia before addressing the rest of the room.

"Alright, whoever is going out hunting with myself and miss Death here, listen up. We need to stay together, so no splintering off and doing your own attempts at heroics. Likewise, this is a retrieval mission. Not a "let's go splattering zombies brains everywhere" holiday. Stick close and follow our orders... and we'll try to bring you back here in one piece."

Without another word Neal adjusted his fedora and went to the entrance of the mansion. Carefully opening the front door, the Darkling stepped out and scanned the square before motioning for the others to follow.

"Seems quiet for now."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Annie slipped out the front door behind Neal, scanning the surroundings nervously. Normally when she went into a dangerous situation, she had a plan. She studied floorplans, mapped out alternate escape routes, learned the guards' routine perfectly, and was prepared for every way in which her mission could go wrong. But here she was operating blind. It was terrifying and also exhilarating.

"So what exactly is the plan here? Wander around until we see a zombie and hope it doesn't eat our brains?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Anhun » Jul 14, 2015 7:53 am

"Where are you going to take and secure the zombie once you've caught him?"
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Neal let a soft sigh escape his lips before turning around to answer all the questions posed at him. At times like this I miss working alone...

"The plan is to track down a zombie, immobilize it as best we can and then bring it back to the mansion to let the Doc do her thing to it. The mansion has a basement, if memory serves, so we'll use that for keeping the ones we catch."

The Darkling quickly scanned the motley crew standing before him, trying to find the perfect individuals for the mission. "I need someone with tracking skills and stealth... also someone that's good with a gun to go find a zombie with me. The rest, stay here and try to keep the mansion open for our return. If things get rough, go back inside. No point in making a heroic last stand... yet."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Anhun » Jul 14, 2015 7:58 pm

"Everyone needs to remember that although we are invisible to zombies, they can still track us using the rest of their senses, if we get close enough to them." With that, Doc returned inside the mansion, feeling that it went without saying that she would stay behind.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Melian_Maia » Jul 14, 2015 9:30 pm

((OOC: A bit behind because of internet issues, but I should be back and able to keep on track now. Bear with me. :P ))

Austyn snagged a Twizzler and sat down on the floor of the mansion. She hadn't supposed this was a pizza roll sort of party and now it was sounding as if she had been correct. She chewed on the twizzler wished that she could wish herself back to her apartment. Death was all fun and games when it was in a video game, but when faced with the actual thing...Austyn shuddered and blocked out the conversation around her. She wasn't interested in dying or near death experiences, thank you very much. She was a respectable gamer with a loving (sort of) cat-dog that depended on her. Maybe she could sneak out the back while no one was looking.

She wasn't sure how long she sat on the floor of the mansion. Long enough to eat several dozen twizzlers, sure, and definitely long enough for her feet to fall asleep. Not long enough to fall asleep herself.

The mansion was mostly quiet, and she had had quite enough excitement for one lifetime, so Austyn made her way back to the front door, passing the open door to the common area. There was a small group of people huddled around a piece of paper. Austyn couldn't hear all that they were saying, but she could hear enough.

"Zombies," said one person. "Track down...immobilize," said another.

This was not happening. Not to Austyn. Not before breakfast.

She turned around and went back towards the kitchen. "This is not happening without coffee." She paused on the threshold of the kitchen. "And maybe there are hot pockets in here somewhere."
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Jul 14, 2015 11:02 pm

Bryan's ears perked up at the Darkling's list of requirements.

"I've done some tracking," he began. "Not of zombies - until today I didn't think they existed - but I think a lot of the same techniques will work. And with a little practice I should be able to distinguish between zombies and the animals I'm used to tracking.

"But there are probably others here who are stealthier than me, and I know there are others better with a gun. My kids used to tease me that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 14, 2015 11:58 pm

"I'd be happy to make coffee," Aron said. It was one of the few things he remembered how to do. "Since some of us are staying, anyway. It will tide us over while we wait for the others to get back."

He went into the kitchen and glanced at the coffee pot. To his surprise, it was already full. Oh, well. That was less for him to do. He poked his head back out of the kitchen. "I'll just bring this out to everyone, I guess. Would anybody like cream and sugar?"
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Delia Death » Jul 15, 2015 10:39 pm

"I guess it'll be the three of us, then," Delia said, nodding at Bryan. "Let's catch us a zombie."

Official Gamemaster Business

Given the strengths and weaknesses of the three characters and the options available in this story, your success will be determined by a 6-sided die. You must roll a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 to successfully track a zombie. If you successfully track a zombie, you must roll a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 to successfully capture a zombie. The roll will be done for you, and the characters involved will be PM'd with the result of their roll and instructed how to proceed.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

PreviousNext