This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Postby stargazer » Jul 31, 2014 12:55 pm

"That sounds like a great idea," Angie replied. "Let's find Officer Evans and see if he's learned anything. And if people are finding maps maybe we can figure a way out of here before...well, you know."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 31, 2014 2:27 pm

"Ow," Anna yelped and looked at her hand. The number had vanished and been replaced with the words, "GET OUT".
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 31, 2014 2:49 pm

"I believe I saw them go outside..." Cynthia said, peering out through the glass and noticing a group of green trees a short walk from the mansion. "Hmmmm. I don't remember seeing those yesterday. Perhaps they've gone over there to investigate."

Pushing open the french doors leading out the conservatory, the two women stepped into the sunlight and set off in the direction of the trees. Sure enough, the images of Officer Evans, that shadowy man person thing, and the late Mr. Lawrence's female acquaintance came into view as they approached.

"Yoohoo! Hello there!" Cynthia called, waving her handkerchief. "What have you found?"
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 02, 2014 1:16 pm

"Well that's one I haven't come across before." Neal said after Delia explained Anna's condition. The familiar whine of a not-so-great guest reached the company shortly after.

"Curses... I had hoped I'd scared her off." Decker muttered as he knelt beside Anna and appeared to be inspecting the young woman's hand.

----

As soon as she heard Cynthia's voice, Selena abruptly turned and headed off towards the waterfall. The last thing she wanted was to be subjected yet again to that insufferable woman.

Meandering her way to an outcropping of rock, miss Browning scanned their surroundings. As with everything in this place, it was strange that this area would suddenly appear in the middle of a dead world. Selena shrugged and turned to head back to the Mansion.

As she turned she began to feel slightly lightheaded. Probably since I haven't eaten anything since last night... Selena continued on her way until she reached the small well in front of the Mansion. "I need a drink..." she thought before the world went hazy.

"I'm on my way, Mal...."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Aug 05, 2014 6:41 pm

"Weird, going off on her own. Probably not smart," Delia shrugged. "You all going to go after the little dude, or split out in groups again?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 11, 2014 1:07 am

"No more splitting up. We go after the little guy and we get some answers. Even if we have to beat them out of him," Anna said. "Starting with who is sending us messages via my hand."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stargazer » Aug 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Angie was surprised and frightened to see Decker leaning over what appeared to be yet another victim, and how was there suddenly a waterfall in what she'd heard others describe as a dead, dry world? She stepped toward him, curious about all this and eager to get answers.

But she'd taken only a few steps from Cynthia when her breath seemed to catch in her lungs. Suddenly she gasped, unable to breathe. Just like an asthma attack, she thought, though no one in her family had asthma. Another weird coincidence?

In seconds she realized this wasn't getting better. She began to feel faint as she continued to wheeze. She collapsed to the ground, her final thoughts being gratitude that her sweet daughter would be cared for by another loving family, and that she would soon see her beloved husband once more.

Anyone checking Angie's body after this would not see a number on her arm, but rather several seemingly random or even meaningless characters:

^ ~ >
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 12, 2014 2:05 am

Anna waited for a beat to see if anyone would follow her, then spun on her heel and stalked to the waterfall's edge.

"I can see a way down. I'm going. Come with me or wander around until you all die. I don't really care."

Climbing down in the long, fancy dress her sister had picked out wasn't exactly the easiest thing Anna had ever done in her life, but she made it. She looked around for the weird little guy, but didn't spot him.

"Hey, come out! I need to talk to you!" she shouted.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 12, 2014 3:05 am

"Well, you're grumpy," Gus tittered from above. He had settled in on a tree branch, his short little legs swinging back and forth, a mud ball in his hands. "What's making the Big People so grumpy?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Upon hearing Angie start wheezing, Cynthia began riffling through her purse, looking for her allergy pills. Perhaps some of that orange cat man's fur was still floating around. A soft fwump made her look up, and she grimly closed her purse. It was too late; the poor thing had kicked the bucket as well.

"Angie's dead!" Cynthia called to the others, shaking her head. "Dropping off like flies, it seems."

She bent down and opened Angie's hand, expecting to find a number burnt into her skin, but instead found a short series of strange symbols.

"Hmmm. Whoever killed her left the message of a kitty cat emote with a lazy eye, I think. What do you suppose that means?"
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Delia Death » Aug 15, 2014 4:10 pm

"It means more people are dying, and if no one seems interested in surviving, I'm going to conjure a bag of popcorn, find a nice seat, and watch your deaths for entertainment," Delia grumbled, walking to the edge of the waterfall. She studied it for a moment, then quickly climbed down, landing near Anna.

"What's up?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 15, 2014 4:33 pm

When Mrs. Baxter hit the ground Decker already knew she would be dead. So probably Selena was dead as well... Oh well, now she could be beside Malcom again in the afterlife or reality or whatever.

Neal stood and walked over to the waterfalls edge where Anna and Delia had disappeared to. Looking down and noticing the pair eyeing a strange little figure win a tree, the Darkling glanced back at Madame Vegan still eyeing the recently deceased before jumping off the ledge.

A moment later Decker was standing near the local ghost wrangler. "Dead things. Namely other Big People dying... a lot." He answered the man-thing in the tree.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Gus shook his head and made a tisking sound.

"Mother Board must not like you," he said sorrowfully. "You must have made her feel short."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 18, 2014 6:31 pm

"Who is Mother Board and what could we have done to upset her. We were having a party in our world and suddenly we were here," Anna said.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 19, 2014 5:12 am

Gus shrugged.

"It's impossible to talk to Mother Board. She runs everything and doesn't like to be disturbed. We try to keep her happy. Glenda says that everything should be neat, but I don't know. Outside of Glenda's place, Mother Board doesn't trim verge. So I stack things. Anyway, Mother Board probably doesn't like that you don't belong here," Gus said. "She sometimes sends messages, though. Always in codes. You have to know how to read them--and have all the parts."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 25, 2014 12:56 pm

"All the parts... all the..." Neal stopped mulling the words over and quickly looked at what remained of the group. "The Mansion. We need to go back to the mansion. I think I might know how to leave this place."

With that, Decker tipped his hat in thanks to the strange little man in the tree and started to climb out of the gully they were standing in.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

PreviousNext