This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Roleplay: A Funny Thing Happened

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Featured Roleplay: A Funny Thing Happened

Postby zlcva » Oct 17, 2009 9:34 am

As Drake teleported us, I felt my grip on the others' hands loosening. I tried to grip tighter, but the hands seemed to turn into vapor. The next thing I knew, I was floating in some weird white-blue void all alone.

"This isn't right," I said aloud. (I usually talk to myself out loud when I'm alone.)

It's time for you to go, Zack

I whirled around, not really standing on anything. I had heard a voice, but I had no idea where it came from. It seemed to come from everywhere at once.

"Who's there?" I called out. Suddenly, a green, glowing humanoid form appeared in front of me, just out of arm's reach. It slowly became more distinct, and I gasped when I saw the Green Lantern insignia become clear on the form's chest.

"Alan?" I asked. "So you did join the rifts! I figure Genocron did too, then?"

We became part of the Time Vortex he said. As long as I'm here, I can keep Genocron from interfering with the physical universe. But that doesn't matter now. I've pulled you out of that timeline. It's time for you to go back to your world.

"But... I just got to Ditto Town!" I protested. "Why can't I stay?"

You know why, Zack, Alan replied kindly. Your time in Ditto Town is ending soon. This is the first step for you in a much greater path, the Real World. You have things you need to do there, but you can't if you stay in Ditto Town.

I hung my head. I knew he was right. It was time for me to go.

"What will happen to you and the others?" I asked, looking back up at Alan Nalum.

We will still exist, but not like this. Most of us will simply disappear, just like Saxon, Fitzhedge, Raphael and others before us. But I think that some of us will continue, though in different forms. It really is up to you.

I nodded. If any of my characters would have an insight into my future plans, it would be him.

"I guess we'll see what happens, then," I said. "It was great writing for you and everyone else. I'll miss you guys."

We'll always be a part of you, Zack, Alan said. Now, go home. He raised his hand towards me, and an emerald light grew at the end of his fist, nearly too bright to look at. The world around me began to fade, and a sudden thought struck me.

"Hey, can I at least have a souvenir?" I called out. All I heard in reply was Alan chuckling in amusement.

"Ah well, worth a shot," I said with a smile. Suddenly, I realized I was back at the job site. The puddle was gone, and I could hear my coworker's truck coming up the dirt road. I quickly pulled out my phone and went to the picture gallery. My heart sank as none of the pictures I had taken in the Realms appeared in the list. The only proof I would have of my brief time in the real Ditto Town would be fond memories.

With a sigh, I opened up the job trailer and started getting out my tools as my coworker pulled in. The first thing he said to me was that President Obama had gotten the Nobel Peace Prize.

Hmm... I could make a great YouTube video out of that, I thought with a smile. The Real World wouldn't be so bad after all.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 21, 2009 5:11 pm

"Welcome, Tina," Neíhudir replied, bowing slightly in her direction when he reached the bottom of the stair. "And welcome to you, elf-friend, Drake. Your search was communicated to me by my sisters. Where is your young friend, the one who wishes to see the parchments?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 21, 2009 5:58 pm

I managed not to barf everywhere, but I didn't feel very good. I was more than happy to let everyone else do the talking.

"She's right over there," Drake replied, pointing at Ryan.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Rising_Star » Oct 21, 2009 6:07 pm

I realized suddenly that I was being talked about and snapped to as Drake pointed at me.

"Huh, what? Oh, right. The parchments. Uh." I cleared my throat. "We, um, I mean I am looking for information about Le Loup Noir. Um, Drake said you guys had something . . .?" I looked at the elves uncertainly, feeling greatly outclassed by them.

It was then that I realized Zack was not with us. I glanced around for him but could not see him. I frowned, sure that he had been with us when we started to teleport. I hoped he had not accidentally gotten left behind. But then I figured Zacce would be able to take care of him in any case. That helped me feel better. Somewhat.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby greenleaf23 » Oct 21, 2009 6:37 pm

((I'm a girl PoN :p just so you know :] ))

"I'm greenleaf." I reply to the girl beside me and the girl named Tina with a smile. "Or greenleaf23 if you want to be specific, but anything with "green" or "leaf" in it works." Wow, I thought, that explanation took much longer than I expected it too. I turned towards the girl beside me, "Who are you?" I asked.
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Oct 21, 2009 6:37 pm

I was too busy looking around at the amazing architecture to tell anyone my name. This place is incredible! was the only thought going through my head at the present time.

Once I noticed that the deep voiced Elf had walked down to where we were, I tried to straighten my jacket and look a little more presentable. Not sure how effective I was, but I finally gave up and watched/listened to what Ryan was saying to Elf.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby qwertykate88 » Oct 24, 2009 3:55 pm

In my less than expert opinion, sticking you head between your knees does nothing to hinder your cookies from reappearing in a totally un-fashionable... fashion. If anything, it just makes things worse by adding more pressure to your already churning insides.

Unless you're some kind of super contortionist.

Sitting down hard was my apparent option when we landed wherever here was. It seemed my legs had decided to take a break from their job of holding me upright.

Mintoo toppled off my shoulder in a limp heap.

It took me a minute for me to catch my breath before I noticed the city.

My motion sickness dissolved. "Freakin' gorgeous!" I exclaimed, scrambling up from the grass.

Following after the elves in a twirl-about manner (i.e. trying to take in every view of the city while I was walking, thus twirling), another thought entered my mind. Too many light bulbs were going off in my head, thus making me a little overly imaginative.

"Say, speaking of," I began brightly, turning on a heel so that I could walk backwards and face Nathanael at the same time, "Do you think Brutus would be up for killing more bad guys?"
qwertykate88
Moderator Emeritus
Tiny Blonde One

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Neíhudir nodded at Drake then turned to Ryan.

"We have only partially translated them. You are welcome to look at what we have now as we finish translating, although to finish them completely, we must ask you to spend the night in Esteë," Neíhudir said, extending his hand toward Ryan. "Come, I will show you the library and what we have in your tongue."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Rising_Star » Oct 24, 2009 9:22 pm

I felt awkward for a moment, not knowing whether the elf wanted me to take his hand or if he was just gesturing for me to follow. In the end I did not take the hand, simply nodded and moved my hands forward in little awkward pushes.

"Lead the way," I said with a sheepish grin.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 24, 2009 10:12 pm

I raised an eyebrow at Kate and smirked.

"Of course he is. He is a sociopath. But I'm not sure I should be aiding and abetting fangurlism. They might take my shiny mod badge away from me. And does Brutus' ego really need more inflation?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 26, 2009 11:05 am

Neíhudir looked at Ryan for a second, then lowered his hand and began back up the stairs.

"This way," he said.

I scurried up by Ryan as we reached the top of the stair, not sure how many of the others would be accompanying us.

"Yeah, I guess I should have briefed everyone on the strangeness of the elves," I said quietly.

"The Library is built in many different levels," Neíhudir began as he opened the huge double doors kitty corner across the landing. "Most of the library is kept at a certain environment to protect the books. As you can tell, the light is not always the best for reading unless all the curtains are drawn back. We more often use reading rooms for translating and study."

I wasn't quite listening to Neíhudir, since I already knew all of this, and instead had already found a book to interest me, thus nearly missing the fact that the half-elf was leading everyone out another set of doors. I slipped my book back into its place and hurried to catch up with the others.

The reading room was comfortably situated, much like a family room or drawing room, with tables, chairs, chaise lounges and, of course, writing desks. Neíhudir led us over to one of the desks, where Limwen sat. She finished her sentence, put her pen down, and then turned to us.

"Welcome," she said, smiling softly. "As you can see, we are still working on your request."

Neíhudir thumbed through some of the pages, then handed several loose pages to Ryan.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Oct 26, 2009 11:53 am

"Are we supposed to follow them?" I asked in a loud whisper. I'd never really known much about Elven etiquette, and I hadn't really paid attention to the bits mentioned in Amë's posts. Whoops.
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby PrinceCor004 » Oct 26, 2009 12:01 pm

I hesitated about following Ryan and the elves, not knowing if it was O.K to tag along or not. Would it be rude to follow? They didn't say for some us to stay here.... After a few minutes, I sighed and headed for the stairs.

"Well, I'm not sure if we are or not, but I'm going to follow them. The worst that can happen is having the doors shut in my face." I said with grin to Sweeet before walking up the long staircase and following the sound of the elder elfs voice through the library.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Nov 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Voronwë, a very dark and silent elf, stood for a few moments, watching the travelers. After two left, following his brother in law, and two more followed shortly thereafter, he finally came to the conclusion that the rest where confused as to if they should follow, or remain behind.

"Welcome, travelers," he said, putting his book down and stepping forward. "If you do not wish to accompany the others to the library, please, follow me. They will return and meet with you in a bit."

The tall elf turned and led the visitors to a large hall, in which, beside various chairs and a roaring fire, was a table with an arrangement of food and drinks.

"Please, help yourselves. You must be hungry after your journey."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Nov 01, 2009 10:04 pm

As tempting as trying elf cuisine was, I was far more interested in seeing the library. I trailed after Ryan, Lady A, and the elves into the library. I was now regretting the fact I had never worked up enough motivation to learn Sindarin or Quenya.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Nov 02, 2009 7:56 pm

I finally made it to the room where Ryan and the elves were. It appeared to be much like a normal living room, though with cases full of books and elvish furniture. So actually, it was not like a regular living room at all. Two elves were showing Ryan and Lady A some loose pages from a book, so instead of interrupting what was apparently an important meeting, I contented myself with looking around the room.

Having never learned any Elvish, well, except for certain lines from "Lord of the Rings", the different books lining the walls were all unreadable to me. Fortunately, they were all handsomely made and had beautiful spines, so simply looking at them was fine with me.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

PreviousNext