This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Mansion: Christmas and the New Year!

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Mansion: Christmas and the New Year!

Postby stargazer » Dec 27, 2011 11:34 am

Erik and Abby couldn't help beaming. Once again their child - like countless infants before her - had brought joy to complete strangers just by being herself.

Yet there was more to it than just their baby's innocent sweetness. It was clear that Elaina had a gift with children. Molly just loved all the attention she was receiving. They couldn't help grinning at Elaina's babytalk.

As soon as their new friend asked about the cider, Erik quickly excused himself to retrieve a cup of the sweet beverage for her. "You have your hands full, after all," he said upon returning.

While he was gone, Abby answered the young woman's other question. "She's about a year old." She added, "I was wrong before. She doesn't just like you - I think she loves you."

Then Abby leaned in close to Elaina and stage-whispered, "You know, she's really ticklish at the tip of her tail. Go ahead and give it a try if you like."

The parents also blushed at Lady A's praise of their daughter. "Thanks. We're thrilled to have her."

Moments later Lady A raised her glass. "And may we party all the way through it."

"Sounds like a plan!" Erik agreed. "We'll be here all night." Then the commedian in him prompted him to add, "So be sure to tip your waitress."

Abby issued a very unlady-like snort and gently poked him in the ribs. "Wise guy."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 27, 2011 4:42 pm

"Party all night long, eh? I think one needs music for that..." With that, Ben put down his mug of cider and bounded over to the huge sound system nestled in one of the corners of the mansion, below and to the side of the Grand Staircase.

"I hope everyone loves film scores and earth music from the 1960's-1980's as much as I do." the young man said with a grin as he opened a cabinet with plenty of CD's and vinyl records. Quickly finding a collection of Bee Gee and ABBA hits, Ben put on the records and slipped into DJ mode.

"Everybody CELEBRATE!" :D
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby zlcva » Dec 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Zack winced as the Bee Gees screeched over the sound system. Zace clasped his hands over his ears and grimaced.

"That's the music where you come from?" he asked Zack.

"That's what some people call music," Zack replied as he walked over to the DJ.

"Excuse me," he said to Ben, and quickly pulled out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it at the record player. Hitting the button, the emitter diode flashed green (it couldn't be heard over the falsetto wailing), and sparks burst from the wires, mercifully killing the sound.

"Sorry," Zack apologized to Ben with a pleasant smile, "But how about we have some actual music?"

He put his screwdriver back into his pocket, and from the same pocket withdrew a brass penny whistle. Putting it to his lips, he began to play one of the few jigs he knew, hoping there were other musicians at the party to play along.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » Dec 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Erik and Abby cringed a bit when the Bee Gees music started. This wasn't because they didn't like disco music as such - Erik himself owned a copy of the ABBA Gold CD, and Molly had shown an unexpected preference for "Dancing Queen" - but for another reason.

"Seems rather odd music for a Christmas party," Erik whispered to those around him, not wanting to be too impolite.

"That's different," Abby responded once the disco stopped and the jig began. "Would you like to dance?"

"I'd love to, my lady," Erik replied with a bow. "That's if Elaina is comfortable with Molly in the meantime..."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Lady A nearly died from sound poisoning as the evul earth music screeched over the ancient sound system. She slowly stood from her assumed crash position as Zack debilitated the system, and then began playing a merry piece. She felt her toes begin tapping...she didn't mind playing a bit of music herself, but since one wind instrument was already being played, and she didn't have a stringed instrument with her. Hmmm....
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 28, 2011 6:36 pm

"I have other, better music I could put o... oh." Ben stopped mid sentence as billows of white and grey smoke issued forth from the antique sound system around him. "Eh, should have gone with Goldsmith..."

After evacuating his DJ persona, the young earth-man ventured back to his seat and started to enjoy the Celtic flavored music. "You need a guitar,I believe." Ben said as he produced a foldout guitar from his cloak and put the instrument together. Soon, Ben was accompanying Zack's jig on rhythm guitar.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Aravis_Tarkheena011 » Dec 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Enna, embarrassed by the compliment that Abby gave her, flushed a deep red. "Thank you! I've always loved children, and it's always such a pleasure when they're as sweet as yours." Abby then mentioned the state of ticklishness on the end of Molly's tail and Enna was set to comply with the suggestion when Erik returned with the cider which he had been so kind as to get for her. "Thank you! I have a terrible soft spot for cider... If it was possible to obtain a drunken stupor off of cider, trust me, I would be in loads of trouble". She smiled to indicate the joke. It was at this moment that the cacophonous music reached her ears and, though in general she liked this sort of music, the sound did not effect her in any good way. The problem was solved swiftly, however, as the music was substituted with a sweet Celtic air. And, as with the cider, she had a terrible weakness for Celtic music. Eric then asked Enna if she would be comfortable taking care of the baby while he and his wife danced to the lovely music, to which she responded with an emphatic "Of course!". So far this Christmas party had been worth every second of her long ride on the back of her Reine.

~Elaina
Christian, first and foremost.
NW Twin to Gathmandais
Aravis_Tarkheena011
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stargazer » Dec 29, 2011 8:07 pm

"Thank you, Enna," Erik said with a smile, and the joy in Abby's eyes reflected her own gratitude.

Erik took his beloved's hand and led her out to the dance floor. Then, with an elegant bow and delicate curtsey, the pair began to dance - Celtic music had long been among Abby's favorites.

The couple was careful to keep their wings caped about their shoulders and their tails out of the way of the other dancers.

"Merry Christmas, my love," Erik whispered in Abby's ear as the first dance came to an end.

"And to you, my dear," she replied.
stargazer

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Lady Z was slightly annoyed that her sister had taken a drink out of her cup without asking, but as the music started, she forgot about it and discarded the cup of cider. Producing a violin case from seemingly out of nowhere, she pulled out her violin, raised the bow, and started playing, even though she'd never heard the tune before in her life. She grinned at the other musicians, her lavender eyes lighting up. "This is fun, don't you think?" she called above the noise.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Menelve » Dec 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Elsa looked around a bit befuddled at the sudden surge of music. This is unexpected, she thought. However, soon her foot was tapping along to the beat. Just when she was about to join the dancers, she heard another sound enter the mix. This sound, however, was off key to the main music and emanated from her cape's pocket. Elsa dug around in the pocket until she located her portable magic mirror. It read, "Incoming Call."

"Oh bother, I suppose I'll have to take this. I wonder who in Ditto Town or out of it would pick this inconvenient time to call?"

Since the music was so loud, Elsa exited the room. She found a nice quiet one a few floors up and entered. She shut the door behind her, settled down into a comfy armchair and said, "Hello?"

(OCC: Relatives are arriving today and staying till Sunday so I won't be able to post. Elsa will come out of seclusion once I can start posting again.)
Menelve
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lady Courage » Dec 30, 2011 4:56 pm

With a double bump, two beings dropped more-or-less gently to the ground on the other side of the fountain. Cheery music by a penny whistle, a fiddle and a guitar filled the air of the Town Square.

"Ooooh!" softly squealed the female of the duo. "It's so dance-able!"

"Well, go ahead and dance then," replied the male, fastening the bottom two buttons on his denim jacket.

"But... But this isn't right for dancing in..."

The teenaged boy glanced at the girl; "Looks fine to me. Those loose pants should really work well."

The girl peered down at her bright orange and hugely flared pants. "No, it's not for dancing in."

"Whatever." The boy went back to buttoning his jacket and watching the festivities.

"It sounds Irish..."

"Sorta. But since when have you known about Irish music?"

"So it should be Irish dancing!"

"Sure. ... I guess."

"I love Irish dancing! Let's go!"

"But wait a minute; I thought-" he turned to look at her and stopped.

She beamed at him. "You like it?"

"Well..." The green dress with the gold trimmings was indeed attractive. "Yes, but it doesn't look very... Christmas-y or New Year's-y."

"How 'bout this?" In a twinkling of an eye, the dress morphed into this.

"Um..." He hesitated, "Yeah, that's pretty Christmas-y..."

She grinned and grabbed his arm, "Well then, brother dear! Shall we dance?"

"Sure Jane; we can dance."

Together, they twirled into the cleared area and began to dance; though admittedly, it looked anything but Irish.
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby stargazer » Dec 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Erik and Abby loved the dance, and the music was lovely. As the jig ended, they retreated to the tables bearing refreshments, and retrieved cups of cider.

One they offered to Enna, who was still enjoying herself with Molly; another was for Lady A, who seemed quite entranced by the music.
stargazer

Postby zlcva » Dec 31, 2011 2:07 pm

The song ended, and Zack grinned as he pulled the penny whistle from his lips.

"Now that was music," he said. Zace approached with a cup of cider in each hand, one of which he offered to Zack. Zack thanked him and took the glass, enjoying the sweet taste of the cider.

This is great, he thought. A nice, relaxing party. No threats to the universe, no villains, just a good time. Zack smiled to himself as he thought of some of his old comrades who probably would have added some random villainy just to "spice things up." Zack was a little disappointed that no one from his era (that he recognized) had shown up, but he was still enjoying being in Ditto Town once again.

"How about another song?" he asked.

Zace cleared his throat and withdrew a wooden flute from a pouch on his belt. He gave Zack a challenging twitch of his eyebrows as he raised the flute to his lips.

"Try to keep up, Author," he said and started off on a fast-paced reel (or at least the Delantrim equivalent).

Zack yelped as he looked around the room for... ah, there was a bodhran hanging on the wall nearby. He grabbed it and quickly found the rhythm of the tune.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby zlcva » Jan 02, 2012 10:33 am

((OOC: Sorry for the double post.))

As the song wound down, Zack felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He fished it out and read the text message he had received, and sighed.

"Well my friends, looks like it's time for us to go."

"Oh really?" Zace said sadly. "I was just warming up!"

"Yeah, same here. But our ride just informed me that he won't be able to keep the portal open for much longer."

"Alright," Zace replied in resignation and packed away his flute and followed Zack to the door. Zack waved to everyone in the room.

"It was great partying with all of you! Cozy slippers and Happy New Year to you all!"

And with that, the pair went out into the snowy night and vanished in a green glow, returning to their respective homeworlds.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravis_Tarkheena011 » Jan 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Enna accepted the cider gratefully. She had never tasted anything so good (except maybe chocolate which doesn't count because nothing can ever taste as good as chocolate). She then handed molly back to her parents and went in search of the musicians who had produced the lovely music which had been floating through the air just a few moments before. She couldn't help but feel a rather magnetic pull when there were musicians about, for she was one herself, you see. So off she went, like I said, in search of the affore mentioned musicians.

~Elaina
Christian, first and foremost.
NW Twin to Gathmandais
Aravis_Tarkheena011
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stargazer » Jan 03, 2012 12:07 am

Aby and Erik returned from their dance just in time to bid farewell and safe travels to Zack and Zace.

Then Abby accepted Molly and offered her thanks to Enna for watching the child. She and Erik stood side by side a moment, silently watching as the young woman made her way to the group of musicians.

"I think she's getting hungry," Abby said, indicating her now-squirming hatchling. "But I bet you could join those musicians while I'm taking care of her."

Erik chuckled. "You know me. Can't carry a tune in a bucket."

"Could you dance with me, Uncle Erik?" came the little voice behind him. He turned to see little Grace Baxter smiling up at him.

"It would be my pleasure," he replied, offering a hand to her. With a giggle she put her small hand in his and followed him to the dance floor.
stargazer

PreviousNext