This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Roleplay: Supernova

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Featured Roleplay: Supernova

Postby Shastafan » May 28, 2011 10:49 am

— Day 1 —
Burg, Boriel
On a road to school

Topaz Jaydis hated walking to school. Besides being the slowest person in the world, her bike had a flat tire, leaving her to walk on her own. None of her friends walked this way, and whoever did was in a bus or being driven by someone. If only Mom didn't have such a time-consuming job, she thought grumpily. Then I wouldn't have to been left trudging by myself and getting to school late everytime.

Just then, a fancy car stopped on the side of the road next to her. The window rolled down, and a snobby guy snorted, "Look at that! Miss Slowpoke is bumbling her way to the class of later-losers!"

"L-l-leave m-me al-lone! I a-am not th-that slow!" she hissed and then cringed. She had stuttered. Again. How could she make a point across if she couldn't even talk like a normal person?

"Whatever! See you later, Tortoise!" The teen drove away before Topaz could say anything else.

"T-typical," she mumbled as she returning to walking. "J-just because y-you have the fa-faster r-ride, you're b-better."

All of a sudden, the ground began to shake. The sky above darkened, and glass was shattering everyone. For the first time in her life, Topaz wondered if she was still dreaming and experiencing a living nightmare. "W-what's g-g-oing on-on?!" she cried. She tried her best to run for it, but she couldn't build enough speed because she was so slow.

Noise of people screaming and buildings breaking around her made her wish that fo once, she was able to run faster. She worried if her best friend Clarissa was alright, and if her little brother would know what to do in a situation like this. To catch her breath, Topaz stopped running and stood in the middle of the chaos. She looked up into the sky, where the sun seemed to have ceased to shine, and had been replaced by a darker look and feel. This can't be happening! she thought in wonder and fear

Crack! A telephone pole broke and started to fall. Too late, she realized it was about to on her. "H-help!" Wailing, she collasped as the pole crashed into her and knocked her down. Briefly, she felt like lightning was running through her body, attacking all of her cells. She barely murmered "I d-don't want t-to d-die." before everything went black.
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Lewis Dreyman, Judicia

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » May 28, 2011 11:02 am

--Day 1--
Judicia, Erbaine
Capitol University
(About 45 minutes before the Supernova)

Styre? How was he supposed to know if Liam's last name had an "s" on the end or not? Why was that important? Then, strangely, Lewis felt a tingling sensation start on his scalp and begin to spread all over his body. He tried to ignore it, but it was persistent. Liam seemed to be feeling something too; Lewis could see him muttering to himself.

He shrugged and resolved to ignore the feeling, focusing on Liam's words. This student was absolutely ridiculous, Lewis decided. He hadn't been listening during class and was obviously blind to the corruption in the Azureman government. He was going to put this kid in his place. No, more than that. He was going to convince him and make what he said stick.

"Liam Styre," Lewis accentuated the last syllable, "Scientists all over the world have done simulations of supernovas on highly advanced computer equipment and calculated what the effect of a supernova would be on a neighboring solar system exactly the distance that Beta System is from ours."

He looked hard at Liam, willing him to understand, for the communication to go through this time. "They have determined that there will be an effect. It could be radiation, physical destruction, or something new and different. It could be big or small, but it will be there.

"The government is not manned by scientists. Even more, they have so much power that they seem to think themselves capable of making decisions concerning scientific matters with little to no advice from scientists. In short, there is a potential health and life hazard slated to happen tomorrow, and what has the government done? For the sake of averting a panic, it has decided that there is no risk to the people of Azurema, while in fact it has been proven that there is risk."

He looked at each member of the class in turn. "What the government is doing here, is, in reality, ignoring the evil that is obvious and present in hopes that it will go away. The hazards will not go away. It is better to know a problem and prepare for it than to ignore the problem."
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby PrinceCor004 » May 28, 2011 11:03 am

Day: 1
Somewhere Outside of Aridia...

"You're a very unlucky man, Mr. Smithee..." Christopher Howard said nonchalantly as looked down upon the sniveling man at his feet. The man in question was a high profile banker of Burg who had been taking out personal money from his clients accounts... especially political clients.

Hence why Chris was called in to "clean things up".

"I-I can give you $30000 i-if you don't kill me! I'll t-top anything they offered you!!" Mr. Smithee stammered out finally, trying to sway the bounty hunter.

"... You know what I hate the most in this world? Soggy roast beef sandwiches." the banker looked up puzzled at the seemingly juvenile answer and gave a croaking, nervous laugh. Chris was not smiling. "Slightly seconded by that is... people who try to pay there way out of my fun." the bounty hunter leaned down to his preys level. "Has it not occurred to you that I can simply take the wad of cash in your jacket after you're dead?"

As Chris stood up, he removed his revolver from it's hip holster, cocked it and shot off three bullets. After a minute (to make sure his catch was dead) the bounty hunter removed the money clip of cash from the corpse and kicked the body into the lake they were standing by.

"Good day...." Christopher Howard said to himself as he counted his gains on his way to his car. It was at that moment that the sky burned and the Event happened, the shockwave of which flung Mr. Howard against his sports car and the world went black.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » May 28, 2011 12:50 pm

((OOC: Man, Arida is already moving, and I haven't even posted!! :P ))

Arida--Day 1, pre-supernova

Xandria Martinez stepped out of her room at the convent and hurried out to the wide parking lot, where Allee was waiting for her, in the car. The bedecked swimmer had arrived in Arida only the previous Wednesday for a Water for Kids event, and, even having gone to college in the town, wasn't the most adept at getting from place to place without getting lost.

"Sorry I'm late," she exclaimed, opening the passenger door and throwing her bag into the back. "Think we can still make it there before the kids show up?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby MountainFireflower » May 28, 2011 1:10 pm

-Day 1-
Arida
Pre-supernova

Allee Miller sat back in the driver's seat, sipping her coffee out of its shiny plastic cup through a green straw. She had gotten up early, so the caffeine was most welcome.

She aimlessly clicked a few buttons on her smartphone, looking through her contact list. Laney. Her cousin. She'd have to call her later and set something up. Dinner, maybe. It had been way too long.

Allee pushed a lock of brown hair behind her ear, a stray piece that had fallen out of her messy bun. She had thrown her hair into a haphazard updo, and stuck her pencil in the midst of her crazy, tangled hair. It kept her pencil where she could reach it, which was a good thing. She stuck her smartphone back into her messenger bag, and glanced out the window for a sign of Xandria. Together they were going to a WfK event. Allee was excited to get some practice covering a major news story, as well as teach kids about the ocean. A chance to do two of her favorite things at once.

She looked over as Xandria opened the car door, then sat down in the seat next to her. "I think so. Most of the time, the kids are late anyway." She pushed her key into the ignition. "Ready to go?"
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » May 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Arida--Day 1--Pre-supernova

"'Course!" Xandria grinned, settling into her seat. "The competition this afternoon is gonna be fuuun. Except for the part that I can't win. I'll probably have to find some little tot with the blow up arm thingies to walk beside." She giggled. "But first to finish up at the aquarium. What do we have left? Sharks, or something? All I remember is it was something big with scales."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby MountainFireflower » May 28, 2011 1:39 pm

-Day 1-
Arida
Pre-supernova

Allee smiled as she pulled out of the parking lot, and took another sip of coffee. "Yes, I'm looking forward to watching it. I'm sure you'll do great."

She tipped her head in thought for a moment. "It's the sharks." She shivered and made a face. "You know, you'd think that with my affinity for the ocean, I'd like sharks, but nope." Allee sighed. "I'm not really looking forward to that part of today."

She shrugged. "Other than that, I suppose it'll just be a day like usual." She steered through lots of traffic, keeping her eyes on the road although her mind was wandering all over the place.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » May 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Day 1--Arida--pre-supernova

Xandria smiled again.

"I like them fine, except for the teeth," she shook her head. "I'd rather have one row of nicely groomed teeth. Of course, I doubt sharks have toothpaste."

The swimmer sat quietly for a few moments.

"I--wanna know what you think of something," she finally said, taking Allee's drink out of the holder, and popping the lid off to take a sip.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby MountainFireflower » May 28, 2011 2:01 pm

-Day 1-
Arida
Pre-supernova

Allee nodded. "I don't like the thought of being in a tank with a shark. I can handle them when they're behind glass pretty well, but still."

She raised her eyebrows at Xandria. "Sure, you can have some coffee. Thanks for asking," she said sarcastically with a smile, watching her friend drink. "I think you drank it all," she said as she took the coffee back from Xandria. A little coffee was left in the bottom, and loud slurping noise filled the car as she drank the rest.

"Sure, what is it?" Allee asked, leaning back in her seat.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » May 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Xandria grinned.

"Well, it wasn't exactly like you brought me one of my own. Anyway--I think I'm gonna get a tattoo."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby MountainFireflower » May 28, 2011 2:25 pm

-Day 1-
Arida
Pre-supernova

Allee laughed. "Yes, I know. I should've bought you a coffee. Sorry about that. I don't function well early in the morning. It was all I could do to make it out the door this morning."

At Xandria's news, Allee's eyes widened a bit. "Really?" Then she shrugged indifferently. "Hmm. Well, I wouldn't get one, but if you want to, I won't stop you." She smiled, then looked at her GPS. "By the way, we're almost there."
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Melian_Maia » May 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Day One
Arida
During the Supernova

Laney lay on the seat of the bus. The tingling only grew stronger with every moment. Her eyes, which had just reopened after being unconscious for most of the ride into Arida, burned as she peered out of the window to look up in the blue sky at the clouds. There was something different about the way the sun beat down this morning. Her eyes watered and she looked away, studying the familiar streets on the way to her the martial arts studio. They were crowded, as usual. Every so often she would catch sight of a familiar face. Some were from school. There was the girl who worked the cash register at the grocery store. Sometimes she could put names to the faces. Other times it was just random people, milling about during the early morning.

The bus braked to a stop at the bus stop less than a block away from the studio. Laney stood up, trying to ignore the buzz that filled her ears when she did so. She paid the bus fare and started the trudge down the street and around the corner.
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Arwen » May 28, 2011 2:31 pm

"Yay," Xandria smiled. "I'm serious about the tattoo, though. I really wanted to get one of a mermaid, 'cause they're really cool, and plus, they're swimmers, too, but I don't like any of the designs. I guess mermaids lend themselves better to paintings than line art. I dunno, maybe I'll just get a tribal band. Or," she said, throwing up a mock air of superiority, "something on my face."

She burst out laughing a second later.

"Oh lord, I am giddy today. I wonder what has gotten into me."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Anime_tor95 » May 28, 2011 2:46 pm

--Day 1--
Burg
--45 minutes pre-supernova--

Kyle Brooks was vigorously rubbing his eyes, the oil tank in his car had just ruptured all over him.

A man behind him lifted his welding helmet and yelled, "That piece of crap ain't ever gonna start Kyle, just let it die!"

Kyle blinked and rubbed his eyes some more, "I bet you 20 bucks it'll be running by tomorrow!"

"That's not a bet, that would be me stealing your money! Cause that thing will never start!"

Kyle rolled his eyes and went back over to the beast he called his car, he caressed the edges of the large hole in his oil tank...he would have to buy a new one. He examined the hole some more, then angerly slammed the hood shut.

The man with the welding helmet hollered again, "Alright Kyle, break's over! A guy just brought in his car with a busted transmission, get over there and see what you can do about it!"

-------------------------

Jack Hollander rushed up the street, he had the guy cornered in an alley, "Get on the ground and put your hands behind your head!"

He use to get a little rush from saying that, but after twenty years of saying it, that feeling had very much faded.

"Alright, get up...anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law....You know, you should know what I'm going to say by now, I've arrested you four times this week Johnny."

"Sorry Jack, we all gotta eat don't we man?"

Jack reached inside Johnny's bag, "Are you planning on eating this diamond necklace you just stole?"

"I, uh...It's for my wife!"

Jack gave an irritated sigh, "You're not married."

"Well, um..."

He forcibly turned Johnny towards the car, "why don't we just bring you down to the station and maybe you'll think of a better excuse when we get there."

Jack had been a police officer in Burg for fifteen years, and had previously been a homicide detective in Brink City. But when he was wrongly accused for giving false information, he was demoted to officer and sent back to Burg, which in turn left him bitter.

Everyday he wakes up wishing his situation would change, but he had no idea this was the day everything would change.
Breaking the boundaries is the first step to adventure.
Anime_tor95
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » May 28, 2011 3:10 pm

-Day 1-
Arida
Pre-supernova

"I can see that happening." Allee smiled. "You remind me of a mermaid, being the swimmer that you are." She laughed. "Although, I would suggest you don't get anything on your face. You might regret it later."

Allee gave Xandria a sideways glance. "You're right. You are giddy. I don't know what's gotten into you either." She laughed. "Whatever it is, the kids will love you today."

Allee stood outside the shark tank, a camera around her neck as she watched Xandria come out of the tank, dripping wet.

"I can't believe you did that," she said, snapping a picture. "Oh wait. I can. I'm just glad it was you in there and not me." She snapped another, then laughed. "These shots will be going in my article, by the way. You look great. And soggy."
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » May 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Xandria laughed, reaching for a towel and wiping her face off before she climbed the rest of the way out of the tank.

"No, I don't think anything would induce you to climb in there. I've got to say, though, it was a ton of fun, and wasn't really dangerous. Not like I was swimming with Great Whites or anything. By the way, you know how they train the sharks to not eat the other fish, right?" Xandria turned to the kids, raising her voice a bit so they could all hear her. A chorus of giggles, nos, and shaking heads met her question.

Xandria smiled.

"When they first get the sharks, they put a pane of glass between the sharks and the smaller fish. When the sharks try to go after the fish, they bump their noses on the glass. Sharks don't like bumping their noses, and they think it is because they are trying to eat the little fish. So they stop, and the aquarium takes the glass out of the way, so they can all swim together, and the sharks know to only eat the food the aquarium gives them."

"I dint know dat," a little redhead said. Xandria smiled at her.

"Water's fun, isn't it? Let's hurry up to the buses, so we can all go swimming! I'll see you all over there!"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

PreviousNext