This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Fountain II: A New Beginning

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Fountain II: A New Beginning

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Feb 13, 2011 3:47 pm

A.N.T.I. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently): The Rebellion

(((Cor, talk to me before you post again? Thanks. :D)))

"Yes, yes, whatever you want," the Count said with an impatient wave of a skeletal hand. "Just make sure the trespasser is eliminated, but not before I have a chance to interrogate the vermin. You say she is a dryad? Highly irregular, but rather convenient. The mutants will be able to track her down by sniffing out her plant DNA in no time."

Pulling the remote out of his pocket, still glowing with a pale blue light, he pressed a series of buttons, then entered a vocal command in a monotone. The light flickered to dark red.

The Count peered through a nearby window, staring down at the jungle below with a rapt expression that was not unlike someone who was watching a favorite sport.

"They'll be on her like wolves. I wonder how many seconds it will take? One, two, three. . . ."

Just as Agent Thorn was reaching up to touch the mind control device around the immobile mutant's head, the spell broke and the night seemed to come back to life. Suddenly the creature before her seemed to jerk awake, and for one terrifying moment, the mutant's goggly eyes locked onto hers like a missile that had found its target.

With one powerful, furry swipe, it grabbed her wrist in a death grip, threw her over its massive shoulder, and started off into the jungle towards the cliff.

"Put me down!" She cried, pounding, pulling and pushing at the creature with all her might, but to no avail. It was like fighting a rock.

She hastily raised her gauntlet, and aimed it at the brute's heart. She pressed the thorn trigger—and nothing happened.

"The stupid things aren't dried out yet!" She howled, furious, not caring one bit who heard her just now. "For the love of cheese puffs, why didn't Dr. Weirdsworth make these water proof?"

The entourage of mutants didn't respond, didn't act like they could even hear her at all. They only marched doggedly on, like zombies, and slowly began to ascend the cliffs. Agent Thorn had no idea what they were planning on doing up there until a bolt of lightning ripped through the sky, and a small castle at the top of the mountain was illuminated.

That's where they're taking me, she realized with a gasp.

"Well, that was quick," the Count said, pleasantly surprised, as the remote suddenly glowed green.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lady Arwen » Feb 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Just as a quick mod reminder, please label your posts with the story title. Thanks!!!
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Feb 13, 2011 7:44 pm

ANTI (or American Nitwits Think Intelligently

Cheyenne's expression went from pleased to slightly miffed in an instant when the Count agreed to their terms, then ordered his furball army to retrieve Thorn. She was my captive, after all..... the rogue thought sulkily as he watched the Count meddle with his controller-thing and peer out one of the large windows.

After the Count announced that the girl had been secured, Cheyenne was about to inquire as to when he would receive his payment when a loud banging was heard on the massive entrance doors. Forgot those brutes were fast! the turncoat thought as he casually backed his way into the shadows of a large pillar.

From his hiding spot, Cheyenne got a lovely view of the entrance room and could hear any conversations perfectly. Thank the sea this place has great acoustics... The rogue thought with a sly smile as the front doors opened and the familiar sight of the Furball Troop entered.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Feb 14, 2011 2:18 pm

A.N.T.I. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently): The Rebellion

CyKo rushed over to Joe, who had fallen upon the deck of the ship. "Doctor! Doctor Weirdsworth! JOE!" The Doctor did not wake.

CyKo let the tears flow freely, for it was with the Doctor that he had founded ANTI and been on such amazing adventures. The two had become great friends over the past years... and now he appeared dead.

Attempting to see where the wound had struck (and whether there was a way to save him), CyKo pulled off the Doctor's lab coat.

Underneath was a bulletproof vest.
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Arwen » Feb 14, 2011 6:32 pm

War of the Overdoms: Battle at Lover's Lookout

The Queen rose before dawn on Valentine's Day, humming softly a tune from the Vitamin Quartet album Saint Valentine's Day Massacre. She hurriedly, but carefully, donned her war garments, and then hurried to the foyer, where others from her troops had gathered.

"Welcome, dear ones," she said. "Today, we must go to war against all smoke and shadow. None of you are forced to go on, or forced to be here: you have all come by choice. Let us move bravely forward, and together we will conquer. Now, Button and Leia have kindly offered to beam us to our appropriate battle positions. Please, step on the appropriate pad, and we will be on our way."

As each person found their personal beaming station, Lady A grabbed an extra phaser and then stepped onto the platform.

"Everyone have their communicator? Okay, let's go."

And in a few flashes, everyone disappeared from the castle. Seconds later, they appeared in their appropriate positions. Lady A ran up the bluff and jumped up onto a rock.

"Here we will have an advantageous position. If you have a phaser, please set it to "Frappe." Thank you."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Feb 14, 2011 6:56 pm

War of the Overdoms: Battle at Lover's Lookout — Strike Team

A tall woman dressed in a long, dark green cloak with the hood up stalked along the looming, menacing gate that ran around the Tower's grounds. After slipping from shadow to shadow for nearly a mile along the fence, she finally stepped into a grove of trees, and pulled off her hood.

"Mountie? Silver? Are you here?" She whispered.
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby MountainFireflower » Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm

A tall, dark, mysterious figure walked quickly but silently along the road from her beloved Castle down to the Tower. She folded her arms under her hooded cloak, darting from shadow to shadow much like Rose had done. Mountie ducked into a grove of trees just in time to hear the whisper.

"Of course, I'm here now, Rose. Has Silvie arrived yet?" Her eyes adjusted to the light and she smiled at the Dryad, the commander of their current mission.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Silver the Wanderer » Feb 14, 2011 7:34 pm

War of the Overdoms: Battle at Lover's Lookout - Strike Team

"I'm here."

Silver stepped out from the shadow of the trees, pulling down the hood of her navy blue cloak. She wore no helmet or heavy armor - only the armor-like fabric of her new uniform protected her. Which was just as well - this mission was more about stealth than combat. Still, she was comforted to have her new rapier hanging at her side.

She looked around at Rose and Mountie. "Looks like we're all here now."
Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Feb 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Trying not to tremble, Pattertwig's Pal follows Lady A up the bluff and waits for further instructions or something to happen.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Lady Galadriel » Feb 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Yet another mysterious silhouette, wearing a dark blue dress with matching cloak that was made of the armor-like fabric, her long dark hair in a braided crown for war, and bow and quiver full of arrows slung over her shoulder, appeared and stepped up behind Lady A. "I'm here," she whispered.
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MountainFireflower » Feb 14, 2011 8:20 pm

War of the Overdoms: Battle at Lover's Lookout - Strike Team
Near the Tower

Mountie's cloak for this occasion was a deep red, which went rather well with the green and navy blue. She gripped her sword handle. "Yes, we're all here." She nodded after glancing over Rose's and Silvie's faces, who were quickly becoming her close comrades.

She cast a quick glance over her shoulder. "Looks like we're alone. Should we commence with the plans of disappearance?"
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Melian_Maia » Feb 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Lia stood on Lover's Lookout. She had just arrived and quickly spotted her friend Mountie. Gripping her bow tightly in her hand her joined Mountie. "Well. I'm here." She strung her bow and stood, ready to fight at any moment.
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Feb 14, 2011 9:23 pm

Having left on his mission, he joined with the Barracks of the Bounty Hunter guild- which turned out to be dead in the water. He ventured back to Lady A's castle, but found that battle lines were forming. Joining himself with Lady A's "goons" as he thought (with a chuckle) to himself, he decided that he would set up an aid station.

This station was filled with high energy drinks (Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee, and other caffeine things) as well as caffeinated sugar by the pound. He would give this to those in battle as they passed his station, all on the house.

He made a little lemonade-stand like structure, painting "Fritz's High-Energy Products for Those Who Are Goodguys", then sipped from coffee from a foam cup, waiting to serve his allies.
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MountainFireflower » Feb 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Near the Tower

((OOC: Lia, I'm actually just outside the tower, not with Lady A and her troops - but I can remedy that in my post. ;) No worries! :D))

The message came on her communicator, from Lia. Mountie quickly excused herself and walked a short way from Rose & Silvie.

"Hi, Lia," she spoke in hushed tones. "I'm glad you've arrived. Tell everyone else to be of good courage, and not to lose heart. Hopefully our mission shall succeed, and there will be no reason to fear. That goes for you too." She smiled, then returned to Silvie & Rose.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Feb 14, 2011 10:03 pm

War of the Overdoms: Battle at Lover's Lookout — Strike Team

"Excellent," the dryad said as she saw the other members of her small team assembled. "Silver, doth ye hath the invisibility enchantment ready? We hast not a moment to lose."
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Bookwyrm » Feb 15, 2011 12:59 am

The Office of the Grand High Dark Overlord

"Oh, Pilot?" The Grand High Dark Overlord sing-songed.

"No, sir, I have not spotted your bestest archnemesis' forces yet," Pilot replied.

"I didn't even ask anything," The GHD Overlord said, threatening to pout. "I could have been asking for refreshments.

"Yes, you might have been, except the last 47 times you've contacted me, you've asked if enemy forces have been spotted. Logically and statistically, my assumption was reasonable. Something we're rather short of today."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Some of the Igors and Igorinas are passing around strange-shaped red objects and playing kissing games in the closets. Tower is starting to protest and I rather agree with her."

"Oh, just send some DRDs down there and have them use their cattle prods on the Igors. That'll get them back to work."

"Sir, the Igors enjoy the sensation of being shocked. Cattle prods will just make them sillier and harder to manage."

"Well, threaten to take away their My Little Brain Surgeon dress-up kits. That'll settle them down."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

PreviousNext