This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Role-play: Unilluminated

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Featured Role-play: Unilluminated

Postby lover of narnia » Jun 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Vivian stood in the dark corner of a hotel room, looking down at her finger nails, polished black at the tips. Her exotic taste for beauty was not often appreciated so she kept to herself most often. A cool breeze floated in from an open window, the tattered white silk curtains fluttering pitifully. She caught the fabric between two slender fingers, and rubbed the material; wondering why the feeling was so vague. Her glittering white skin shone like polished ivory, as she moved away from the darkness into the center of the room. A fold of her pants straightened as her long muscled legs strode to the door. Brown hair flowed down around her exposed right shoulder, and her mouth opened slightly revealing fangs. Her golden eyes, flicked around the abandoned hall, as Vivian held the door open. She knew the other members of the coven were somewhere about, doing there business, conducting daily things. She wondered where their leader, Rahpael, was and if Mihael was with him as he most of the times was. He is Raphael's right-hand man....oh what any of us would do to have that position. She sighed, bored, hating the waiting part of living. But I'm I living? she chuckled, feeling thirsty.

Slightly strange yes, but no one could call her boring. She was forever trying to do something new, black finger nails was only they beginning. She wanted people to notice her more, but they seemed to walk past just knowing she was part of the "family". they don't even look twice....if only Raphael would look. she thought again. But being slightly quiet, she understood that they barely even heard her. I wonder if half of them know my name she glided down the hall, and entered a room. She tried to stay sweet and distant, in hopes it would attract someone. A veil of loveliness hid an inner loneliness. The others wondered why she was odd....but they couldn't look inside. Masking a troubled expression she turned to the interior of the room. Sophia was there, saying something about feeding the dog, to Marcus, who she seemed to forever disdain. "Hello" Vivian said simply looking around the room to see if Mihael was there, to her disappointment he wasn't. Though he wasn't that talkative it was better to converse with another vampire than a sorceress.

(((OOC: Hi Everyone! *waves*)))

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Marshwiggle » Jul 23, 2010 6:41 am

Past

“Thanks,” Kanti replied after Jason explained. “Could you send me the address of the tavern too? I’d like to look at it if it isn’t crawling with our people at the moment.”

Elisabeth raised her chin slightly, “I’m in no need of your assistance Unnatural,” she replied, almost feeling the need to go wash her face in the adjoining bathroom just to prove once and for all to the jinn that she was quite pretty enough- even without makeup. Of course if she did that she’d lose all dignity, so instead she sniffed and turned on the female detective as soon as she was off the phone.

“Any clues Detective, or are we still at the obvious conclusion that vampires were fighting in the room?”

Taken aback by the princess’ snide tone, Kanti looked between Thomas and Alice before addressing the princess. “I’m being sent pictures that match up with the marks on the walls- marks from another attack. If we can take a look at the other crime scene or talk to any witnesses, we might have a lead on who this vampire is.”

--

“Yeah...probably not,” Cyrano agreed, trying to imagine what the people inside would think of that particular disguise. He looked at the building and sighed. “Well we aren’t going to find out anything staying in here. How about this? The car broke down, so we went in to see if we could find a janitor or someone to let us use a phone? Sounds marginally plausible...” he offered, thinking of similar scenarios in tv shows that hadn’t worked out well for the plotters.

Present

“I appreciate the sentiment,” Abijah offered, appearing from the woods unannounced. He sat down on one of the turned over logs and accepted the food that Naomi had immediately brought over. Members of his own pack had become suddenly silent in the presence of their alpha, who looked between Josh and Indigo between bites of the stew.

“I agree that we need to use immediate action. We can’t leave her in there any longer. There’s no time to waste.”

Timothy who had been listening from a safe distance, perked slightly at the words, feeling a sense of déjà vu.

”We can’t leave her in there any longer. There’s no time to waste,” Terrance said urgently to his brother, whispering in the darkened corridor of the boys’ dormitory. They’d been standing there arguing for five minutes already and Timothy was beginning to feel the dangerous sway of Terrance’s words.

“She’s probably just doing advanced testing. Besides, her mom’s on the board, Terrance. How bad do you think it can be?”

Terrance looked at the younger shape-shifter with a raised eyebrow. He knew Timothy hadn’t been in the project as long as he had, but he thought that his brother would have picked up on some things by now. Students did not leave for a few days for no reason at all and the ‘testing’ was not something to make light of.

“Timothy. I’ll never ask anything of you ever again alright? Just come with me this once- help me and I promi-”

“We both know you’ll ask me something sometime,” Timothy said, shaking his red hair out of his eyes. He started down the corridor with worried, hunched shoulders, “Let’s get it over with. We might as well be expelled together.”

Terrance grinned and ran after his brother on light feet, transforming into a kitten mid-step to bound ahead.

She found them on the stairs. Timothy had been walking slower and slower, dark paws slowing before he heard a familiar, if weary voice.

“Now why are you kittens out of bed?” Ziya asked, bending to pick them both up and hold them close. Her eyes didn’t sparkle- but they were a comforting sight in the vast, dark atrium. Neither protested, though Timothy noticed the bags under her eyes and the slow pace she took back to the dormitories. Terrance rubbed his head under her chin and she sighed a soft, “I’m alright.”

Both of them knew she wasn’t- otherwise why bend the rules and let them come back with her to her room, jump on her bed, and curl next to her atop the covers. Timothy watched her sleep almost the entire night, wondering if Terrance’s kitten heart was pounding like his own...but no. Terrance was purring, so his little brother finally closed his eyes, wondering what really did happen when they took you away...

--

“This is ridiculous,” Ruth muttered, pushing people aside as she tried to get closer to the sidewalk. What had meant to be a fairly unexpected appearance by the Unnaturals had turned into a parade-like atmosphere...if parades had angry citizens and protestors normally that was. Of course, none of the sign-toting mothers on the side of Ditto Town’s main road could be as frustrated as Ruth at the moment.

Here she was, the leader of the SFPU, renowned and feared activist, and instead of leading a charge on the naïve Unnaturals, she was waiting to watch just like a normal citizen. All because of a phone call. If she didn’t have deep conviction in what she was trying to accomplish she’d be waiting to fire on those sick creatures...but he had said no. And when he said no, only when he said so, she listened. Something was happening that was bigger than this sickening display of liberty and she hoped for everyone’s sake that it was worth standing here and grinding her teeth over.

“Excuse me.”

Ruth glared at the shrimpy looking teenage girl who was pushing past her. “Watch it!”

Glaring back, Bryony hurried past, not eager to stop and argue with any of these people. She wasn’t here to see the Unnaturals- she was here to see her father. It had only been a day, two days since the police had come to tell her Coriander was dead. It had only been two hours since social services had come to pick her up from her neighbor’s house. She wasn’t sure what had possessed her to kick the man’s shin and make an escape- she usually wasn’t that brave. But the same thought had been circling in her brain day and night, she had to find her father.

So that’s why she rushed now, red ponytail flying behind her as she dodged through the crowd and towards the seedy street of town where a few pub owners might have information about where-

A hand grabbed her arm and pulled her roughly under a store pavilion.

Struggling, she happened to look up and see staring down at her, her father’s face.

Basil frowned at his daughter, “Bryony- what are you doing here?”

Caught by surprise, the girl temporarily lost her voice. “What am I doing here?” she finally said, breathing heavily, “Coriander is dead- killed.”

“I know,” Basil answered, gritting his jaw.

“The Social Services guy came to get me- wait you knew? Why didn’t you come for me? You just left me?” Bryonywrenched her arm out of his grip. “I thought- I thought even if you didn’t want me, you’d come for me, you’d at least take me somewhere safe...maybe to some relative I wouldn’t get along with and then disappear like usual.”

Basil stood staring back at her without expression, noting the rare tears that were beginning to form in her eyes, eyes like her mother’s. “Let’s go talk,” he finally said and took her arm again, not giving the option to refuse.

Bryony walked on with her father, feeling a flush of embarrassment as a strange girl with a scar looked at her tear-stained face.

Curse watched the girl and man pass before she looked back at Caerwyn. I wanted to come. You’re my family. she offered mentally and then reached to pull the hood of her cloak up as they approached more groups of people. There’s so many people gathered, I wonder how they all knew?

--

Zaref had boarded the bus with Selena and was sitting in the aisle seat with his hood up. Apparently Latch had thought of defending the bus against enemies, but hadn’t considered that the sun might pose a problem. Even so, the vampire couldn’t help but be a bit hopeful. Once they were inside the reservation, there’d be little chance that Tallulah would be able to get at him ever again.

--

“...And of course, most importantly, no getting off the bus,” Maev concluded. She’d been giving the list of rules for a couple minutes, all nerves by the time she was done. It wasn’t every day that she rode a bus with a crew of Unnaturals, many of whom did not seem very disposed to following rules in the first place. Of course Latch’s men weren’t much help, the four men, armed and wearing black flexi-armor were sitting silent in the front.

“This should be fun,” Pepper dead-panned, wondering what exactly the word ‘fun’ was supposed to mean in the first place. She looked over at Terrance, who sat across the aisle from her, hoping that when they got to the reservation, he would explain to her what he knew about her dreams. It’d been obvious to the zombie for some time now that he must know something...

Mr. T dodged Pepper’s searching look and turned his attention to the passing scenery. It wouldn’t be that long before they passed into town limits. He couldn’t really imagine that many Unnaturals would want to join them on such short notice, but with persecution growing in the town, perhaps some were ready to jump onboard...literally.

”How long have we been working here Terrance? You know that only information relevant to the department is revealed,” Ziya said with a sigh. She’d only become more beautiful as they’d grown up together. Her eyes were still big, still uncannily blue, still expressive of every thought flying through her head. It was no wonder that she’d been placed in a more administrative position within TP- she wouldn’t be able to do Terrance’s work. Being an agent required some grasp of subtlety.

“Ziya,” Terrance began, grabbing her shoulders so he could turn her towards himself, “I’m not asking you to betray your mother. I’m asking you to do what’s right. Listen, I was charged with the ‘elimination of three threats’ yesterday. You know what those supposed threats were? It was a lady in waiting, a bumbling ship’s cook and a little girl.”

“They must have had their reasons,” she protested weakly, her eyes betraying that she found it as horrible as he did. Pulling away from him, Ziya paused before asking, “So, did you...”

“Follow those insane orders? No. Ziya, don’t turn away- listen. I’m leaving tonight. The report for my work won’t be turned in until tomorrow morning. We could start over somewhere different, together.” Terrance grabbed her wrist and pulled her close, pushing away a stray curl before he bent his head to touch her lips with his own.

He could feel her hesitancy in the kiss, returning it, but only in careful ways until she finally pulled away and rested her head against his shoulder. “What about Timothy?”

Terrance stiffened at the name of his younger brother. “He won’t come- I’ve tried to ask him before. He’s a coward. He’ll stay in this place until he turns to dust.”

“We don’t belong anywhere out there Terrance,” Ziya said with some finality, pulling back to meet his eyes, “We wouldn’t grow old and people would suspect us. Right now persecution of anything different is growing. The old feudal systems are dying out and as the peasants gain their freedom they’ll start coming together to attack other enemies. We’ve seen it all before- and we’ll see it again in another hundred years.”

“I love you Ziya,” he said, grip loosening on her.

“You don’t know what I’ve done. My work- what my mother wants- it’s worse than killing a ship’s cook Terrance.”

“I know you Ziya.”

She shook her head, curls bouncing as the tears ran freely down her cheeks. “I just can’t.”
It's empty in the valley of your heart. The sun, it rises slowly as you walk. Away from all the fears. And all the faults you've left behind.

So long...for now.
Marshwiggle
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Present

It had taken the Darkling a bit longer than expected to reach Monstropolis, but after a few extra hours of walking, Neal was finally at his destination.... sort of. There was still the problem of finding the shop he was looking for. The City had grown and expanded somewhat from the last time Neal had visited and the small curiosity shop the Darkling was looking for had moved.

After an extra hour of searching through the city and inquiring at a few food and newspaper stands, Neal finally found the place he was looking for. It was a small, old, un-opposing two story building nestled between two much more recent stores on the West side of the city. Young's Book and Curiosity Shop The sign above the door read in a fancy font. Piles of books could easily be seen inside the shop through the large bay windows and oval glass in the front door. "Well, at least Bernie has moved up in choice of locations..." Neal quietly said to himself as he read the sign on the door giving the shops hours.

The shop had closed an hour ago, but most of the lights were still on inside. Taking a chance, Neal tried the door... which opened. Quietly stepping in, the Darkling was greeted with the scent of old books and the faint aroma of tobacco. Some things never change. The Darkling thought with a smile as he set his travel bag down on the open area of a desk and began browsing through the shop.

A few minutes later, a young man of about 19 or 20 entered the room in obvious distress at the tall, dark clothed man's presence. "What are you doing here? We're closed! Can't you read the sign?!?" The young man said in a slightly whiney voice that perfectly fit his appearance: lean, with curly light colored hair and horned rimmed glasses which he kept pushing back into place.

"The lights were on and the door was unlocked, so I came in. Does Bernar.."

"Whether or not the door was unlocked and the lights on is a matter of complete indefferance!" The boy rudely interrupted. "We're closed. C-L-O-S-E-D. Now please leave or I'll call the cops."

"Fine, fine..." Neal said with raised hands before grabbing his bag from its resting place. "One thing though: Does Bernard Young still own this shop?"

"OUT!" the young man practically screamed at the Darkling, pointing to the door.

"What's all this racked about, Max? Running away an honest costumer or are being robbed again?" A voice with a slight British accent inquired from the top of the staircase in the right-hand corner of the room.

"Just a vagabond that's stumbled into our shop after hours. I was just telling him to leave." The young man, Max, replied with a cocky tone to the old man who was now descending the stairs and walking towards the boy and Unnatural.

After reaching the place where the two younger men were, the old man looked at Neal's face carefully as though he was trying to remember who the man was. "Neal? Is that you?"

"Yes it is. It's good to see you still alive, Bernie." The Darkling replied as he pushed his fedora brim up with his thumb.

"Ha-ha! So it is you! So glad to see you again, old boy!" Mr. Young said with a smile before giving the Darkling a quick hug. "Max, go and do something useful like... fixing us two drinks. Two beers?" Mr. Young asked his guest, who nodded, before shooing the slightly stunned Max out of the main room and back to the kitchen.

"Ah, many apologies about Max. He's my sisters son's son and thinks his "Old Man" needs looking after..." Bernard explained with a chuckle as he invited Neal into the back of the shop where a small makeshift kitchen and table were. "We have a great many things to catch-up on...." Mr. Young added as he and Neal sat down at the table.

-----------------------------

"Unfortunately, yes." Karl replied to Staugh with a grim look. "If your still interested in visiting the Unnatural camp, now would be a ..." The Hybrid stopped mid sentence as a familiar smell caught his attention. Gwen's Little Killer is in town. There was no mistaking the scent. The boy was in Ditto Town, which meant... "You're in luck, Staugh. The Unnaturals have already left camp." The Hybrid informed the Shade as he began walking towards the street.

"If your interested in tagging along, I suppose you can. But I'm not looking out for you.... either of you." Karl called back to Steel and his pet as he continued walking.

------------------------

"Ello, Vivian." Marcus said to the female vamp with a boyish smile. Vampires were always trouble, but the cute ones were... well, cute. The Warlock still kept his distance, but a bit of long distance flirting never hurt. "I don't suppose you would want to feed our local werewolf today, would you?" Marcus playfully asked, knowing full well the answer to be "No".
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Jul 24, 2010 8:41 pm

"Mmm... Them leaving this early changes things. Makes easier for us actually, cause Mark wouldn't risk an ant's life if he knew he could prevent it from dying. Even if it meant risking his own life. Now he will come to me, we don't even have to do anything" Staugh said with a smirk.

"Wait, who? What? Where? When and why?" Steel said, completely confused. He was still a bit out of wack from meeting his son again. That and not drinking a blood in a long while.

"Don't worry about it" Staugh said with a sigh "You'll pick it up as we go along"

---

Mark and Brand crept to the edge of the forest where Mark dismounted and said "Wait here for my call" he said and walked towards the down, leaving Brand in the woods.

A few minutes later he was walk into the town when he bumped into a young boy "Sorry about- Reagan?!" Reagen responded with "Shh" and pulled him into a corner. "Your supposed to be dead" Mark said in a hushed voice "So are you" Reagen replied just as silently "So, how did you end up here?" Mark asked his cousin.

"I'm following this coven around, currently me and Zac are finding food for them" Mark laughed and said "You were always quite the suckup" Reagan rolled his eyes while playfully punching Mark in the shoulder "Sure, whatever you say... So why are you here?"

Mark let out a sigh of expiration when his cousin asked him that question "Among other things... Staugh is trying to kill me again" Reagan swore "Him again? Doesn't he ever quit?"

---

"I agree" Josh said in a somewhat hushed tone "Who knows what's happened to them..." he spoke in a mumble now.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Marshwiggle » Jul 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Naomi squeezed Josh’s shoulder in passing, noting his solemn gaze. Circling to each to refill empty bowls, she noticed Timothy was looking off as well. Something was bothering him.

Of course Terrance had to go and leave- he couldn’t imagine not causing chaos somewhere, Timothy thought to himself, unaware of the conversation going on around him. Then he nearly burns the academy down, breaks Ziya’s heart and runs off, not bothering to tell me anything but- ‘Take care of her for me’.

“Timothy can take care of that for us,” Abijah said, finishing off his food before he glanced over at his spacey pack member. “Timothy!”

“Huh, what?” Timothy said, sitting up straight. He would have rolled over onto his belly at the look Abijah gave him, but it didn’t seem as endearing to their pack leader when they were all in human form.

“I said, you can be of use to us- I’m amazed you didn’t think of it yourself, what with your unique capabilities,” Abijah said with a look that all but stated how little he thought of Timothy’s intelligence.

“Well- I can…shapeshift?”

“Yes…” Abijah said with painful patience, “Which means in your normally useless bird-state, you could fly over Savage’s estate unnoticed.”

“He doesn’t have the nerve,” Azriel spoke up finally, wondering where Haleh was. Only her common sense could rescue Timothy now. Azriel wasn’t extremely fond of Timothy, but he knew that meekness would get him killed in Savage’s world.

“I’m not a coward,” Timothy said softly, looking up through messy red hair at Azriel. His almond-shaped eyes flashed dangerously for a moment and then returned to normal, like a swift storm blowing over.

“You’re a coward Timothy.”

“Is Ziya a coward? She’s not going with you either.”

Terrance didn’t respond, content with staring angrily at his younger brother. “Take care of her for me,” he added and turned.

“I will- I-” Timothy watched as Terrance transformed into kitten form and leapt down the stairs, dashing towards the doors before TP authorities realized he was there. After his little ‘protest’ (protest meaning he set paperwork on fire and left it burning in the offices of the board of directors), they’d been keeping a keen eye out for him. Timothy could only wait for them to come and question him. Ziya’s mother might protect her…but no one was going to believe that Timothy had nothing to do with his brother’s escape. He wished Terrance realized that it took more courage to stay here…

--

“So it begins,” Maev said softly as they passed the sign for the town and began driving down the main road. There were already more people around to stop and stare at the bus than Maev had expected. She wondered if Latch had tipped off people just to draw a crowd. However they knew; it made her nervous.

“Is that one already?” Pepper asked as the van slowed in unison with her question.

A teenage girl jumped on as soon as the doors swung open, looking behind her like she was afraid some of the scowling citizens might stage an attempt to flood onboard with her. Turning her gaze on the denizens of the vehicle, she locked eyes with Pepper, shaking her scarlet bangs out of her eyes.

“Don’t stare at me like that, freak.”

“You’ll have to fill out this registration paperw-”

“Yeah whatever,” the girl answered, cutting Maev off and pulling the clipboard out of her hands. She passed the rows and slouched in the back seat before beginning on the paperwork with a furious look.

“Somehow I expected ta be thanked for pullin’ them out ta safety,” Maev grumbled.

Terrance simply replied with a feral grin and waited as the bus pulled away from the curb and continued towards the center of town.
It's empty in the valley of your heart. The sun, it rises slowly as you walk. Away from all the fears. And all the faults you've left behind.

So long...for now.
Marshwiggle
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Rising_Star » Jul 28, 2010 9:40 am

Past

Jason went ahead and sent her the address of the tavern along with the pictures.

Alice made a face at Elisabeth. "I don't know why people are so prejudice against all Unnaturals. It's not like all of us did anything to you. I grant people's wishes, for goodness's sake. Shouldn't people want me around?" She crossed her arms and pouted.

Thomas looked sympathetically at Alice before glancing at his sister. Then he turned to Kanti.

"Will you be able to arrest a vampire?" he asked, wondering how the legal system worked in response to vampires.

------

Ian nodded. "Sounds good to me," he said, getting out of the car and starting up the walk to the university.

"Hmph. I still think my idea would've been more entertaining," Melanie said, shaking her head as she got out of the car and followed her brother.

Ian paused as he came to the door, something feeling not quite right. He got the prickling sensation that something bad was waiting for them at the other side of the door.

Melanie hesitated by her brother, sensing something was wrong. "What is it?" she asked softly, following his gaze inside.

"It's nothing," Ian said, shaking his head. "Let's just . . . get this over with as quickly as possible. Empty buildings give me the creeps." He laid his hand on the door handle, somehow knowing that it was unlocked. He pulled open the door and held it open for Melanie and Cyrano, trying to ignore the feeling that the building wasn't entirely empty. It seemed like someone (or something) was waiting for them inside . . .

Present

"You'd better not be," Indigo growled at Timothy. "If you mess this up, I'll rip you to shreds and I don't care what your pack does to me afterward. Understand?" He stepped up to the shapeshifter menacingly, his massive height and build rather intimidating.

------

Caerwyn observed everyone outside, pulling his cloak hood up over his head as well. Someone probably tipped them off, he said, not very concerned about it. He looked over at the new girl, staring at her and wondering why she seemed so angry.

A pricking sensation in his mind startled him and he shut his eyes briefly as the sound of Gwen's harsh laughter echoed in his mind. If he could've looked any paler, he would've for the sound was unexpected and ominous.

He opened his eyes and turned his eyes away from the girl, suddenly feeling uneasy. He reached out and curled his fingers around Curse's wrist, tensing slightly as though waiting for someone to attack them. The laugh came again and then the soft sound of singing.

Hush little darling, don't say a word
Mother's going to buy you a mockingbird . . ."

The words trailed off into a malicious chuckle. Caerwyn sat stiffly, his eyes straight forward, doing his best not to tremble as his grip tightened on Curse's wrist.

Mother's not finished with you yet, darling, the voice whispered, and Caerwyn could hear the devious smile in the words.

-------

Selena reached over and took Zaref's hand. "How do you fare, my sweet?" she asked gently, leaning forward slightly to peer around the edge of his hood.

-------

Sofia sniffed. "I would do it myself, but the wretched thing hates me," she said. "It tried to bite me last time it was my turn." She pouted and looked at Vivian disdainfully, always seeing the beautiful vampire as competition for Raphael's affections. Though he didn't seem to see anyone in a romantic light, though he still flirted with them. At least, she saw it as flirting. If only he didn't appear so young.

A soft chuckle caused her to whirl around and she blushed as she saw Raphael leaning in the doorway. Mihael stood behind him, not looking pleased at all. It was well known among the coven that Mihael was extremely protective over their leader, not wanting anyone get to close. He was always afraid of an assassination attempt, despite the fact that Raphael assured him that everyone loved him too much to try anything like that.

"Arguing about who's turn it is to feed our sister again?" Raphael asked, stepping into the room. "My dear brother and sisters, we are not toddlers. Nor are we not compassionate toward our fellow Unnaturals." He stepped forward and smiled at Vivian, running his finger along her jawline.

"Don't worry, sweet," he said with a charismatic smile. "You need not feed her today. It is indeed Sofia's turn." He turned toward the sorceress with a pointed look. "Isn't that right, sister?" he asked.

"Yes, Raphael," Sofia said, a little sullenly as she turned her gaze to the ground.

"Then I suggest you go do that now," Raphael said.

Sniffing indignantly, Sofia grabbed the bucket by the door and swept inside with her nose raised haughtily in the air, slamming the door behind her. Raphael chuckled softly and then turned to Marcus.

"We seem to be missing a member of our family," he said pensively. "Where is Reagen, Marcus?"

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby lover of narnia » Jul 28, 2010 10:25 am

Vivian found the acknowledgement of her presence refreshing. She didn't smile at Marcus, who shot her his boyish grin and asked if she would like to feed their werewolf, but instead stayed impassive. The corner of her mouth twitched and an answer was on the tip of her tongue when a soft chuckle floated through the room. She turned abruptly and saw their revered leader, Raphael, there in the door. Her knees felt the need to bow, but she didn't knowing it would be awkward. Though he did command respect his authority was around him, in the very way he acted. Mihael was there too, behind him, at his traditional post. She cracked a little smile in his direction, but kept her golden eyes mainly fixed on Raphael's pale face. He said a few words then ran a hand on her cheek, calling her sweet, telling her there was no need for her to feed their sister. Her smile was wiped away by his touch, and she stood stalk still. Her black nail polish glinted in the light and she placed both hands, clasped, behind her back. Silence, like a thief, stole her voice. She waited, head tilted down for words to return. Then Raphael moved on, the little brush of her face meant nothing to him, but to her it did. Everyone wished to get close to their leader.

She looked up at her leaders back, a happiness reflecting in her eyes, her fangs showing in her smile. Maybe she wasn't so unnoticed after all......

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 28, 2010 4:19 pm

After an hour of catching-up and Neal explaining where he had been for so long, Mr. Young finished his beer and then leaned forward in his chair. "Serrena was a fine young lass.... what a pity she died in such a way." After a short pause, the old man continued. "I'm glad to know you have been doing well, though and that you seem to have finally found a home where you belong after all these years."

"Thanks, for both your condolence and your congratulations." Neal said before taking the last swing from his beer bottle and tossing it into the garbage-can near Max, who had not left his spot by the kitchen door since he delivered the two beers over an hour ago.

"Now I must ask you, lad, why are you here? If you've found a place where you are accepted and belong, what are you doing in a place like this?" Mr. Young asked, looking at his young friend as though he could see through him.

After a minute or so of slightly uncomfortable silence, Neal answered his friends question. "I need to know how to kill a Hybrid."

"What kind of Hybrid?"

"Half werewolf and half vampire. It's Karl, Bernie. He's the one I need to kill. He's been stalking around Ditto Town killing everyone and anyone he meets just waiting for me to do something about him." The Darkling said in a suddenly serious and determined tone. "I knew if anyone would know how to kill him, you would." He added with a weak smile.

Bernard did not answer imidiatley, instead stroking his short beard and looking down at the table top. After what seemed an eternity to Neal, his friend suddenly stood up, took his cane and motioned for Neal to follow him. "I think I might just have what your looking for...." Mr. Young said as he led Neal to the very back of the store... to his own personal collection of books on Unnaturals.

--------------------------------------------------

"It probably senses that you hate it back..." Marcus muttered as Sophia tried to explain why she wouldn't feed the werewolf. The whole excuse became rather mute a few seconds later when their esteemed leader entered the room. After telling Sophia to feed the werewolf and toying with Vivians affections, Raphael finally addressed the Warlock.

"Out collecting food for those of us who can't quite stomach a steady diet of blood." Marcus replied to the coven leader as he quickly stepped out of Sophia's way. "Would you like me to go retrieve him or just let him return whenever he returns?" The Warlock asked in a ever so apathetic tone.

Unlike the rest of the coven, Marcus merely viewed Raphael as an equal.... and sometimes as slightly lower than himself. The Warlock had no deep sense of loyalty to the vampire nor did he feel there was any real need to. He had never been particularly loyal to any of the long line of kings or politicians that he had served under, so why should he start know with a vampire that was stuck at looking 15?
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Jul 29, 2010 11:48 am

"Unfortunately, no" Mark said sullenly, Reagan rolled his eyes and replied "He seems to have an abundance of unnatural persistent, no pun intended, so if Staugh is out there, I assume you are going to attempt to stop him again?" Mark nodded and said "Ait"

"Well then, I'll have to come with you, the coven I am with discourages fighting between fellow Unnaturals. Honestly fighting humans is just getting boring and I'm itching for a challenge" Reagan replied "Make sure this doesn't make it back to the coven or I'll get my butt kicked out" Mark nodded before saying "Follow me"

---

Josh appreciatively smiled at Naomi's supportive gesture "Prove it" he said to Timothy, regaining his posture. He hadn't known the shapeshifter for long but frankly Timothy had already pushed a few of his buttons. Plus he was told by Mark to agree with every thing the alpha wolf said.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Jul 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Night was sitting in the very back of the bus, clutching Christopher's hand a little too tightly. She kept glancing up at the new girl through the veil of hair draping her face.

"Would you relax?" Christopher asked impatiently.

"I don't like this. How do we know she's really an Unnatural. Maybe she's an assassin. Or a suicide bomber. Maybe she has a giant UV grenade and she's going to kill the vampires with it. Or what if ... "

"What if the sun goes nova and destroys all life on Dittopia?" Portia interrupted, popping into view next to Christopher and Night.

"Or Blibber Dustin goes on tour with the Three-Headed Joe Band?" Malachi interjected as his head appeared over the top of the seat in front of the other three.

"Why would that be bad?" Night asked, momentarily distracted from her panic attack.

"Oh. You're one of those girls. Never mind," Malachi said and slumped back down out of view.

"What kind of girl are you talking about?" Night asked indignantly, completing forgetting her worries of the moment before. She leaned over the seat and jabbed Malachi in the back with a gloved finger, interrupting him in the act of making a particularly hideous face at someone holding a sign that read "God Hates Freaks".

"He means fangurls, darling," Portia said and teleported onto the seat next to Malachi. "Are you single?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Marshwiggle » Aug 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Past

“And what if someone wished for something terrible? What if one person’s wish was another’s nightmare?” Elisabeth ground out, finding Alice to be completely insufferable.

Kanti looked up from her phone and met the gaze of the prince. “Yes- if we can identify him as the same vampire that was at the bar then we’ll have a warrant for his arrest for murder and for breaking and entering- not to mention destruction of property. The hard bit is actually capturing him. Most of the time it’s the freelance bounty hunters that actually bring in the vamps. The equipment needed to catch a mature vampire isn’t exactly legal.”

She paused for a moment, looking to be deep in thought. “You’d think the vampire would have struck again already. One that is this out of control usually runs into trouble with its own kind or with someone who wants to collect a bounty. In any case, we could start by going to the bar and trying to match the marks.”

--

“You’re not the only one with the creeps…” Cyrano muttered, wondering why he was here in the first place. He kept looking behind them, expecting to see something or someone jump out of the shadows.

Present

Timothy looked back at Indigo with a nervous chuckle. “Cool it muscles…I get it,” he said, scooting away from the crowd of people. Naomi offered her hand and Timothy took it appreciatively. Without Haleh around, she was the only ally he had at the moment.

“I’ll do it,” he said finally, addressing the ground.

“Good,” Abijah said, never having expected Timothy to refuse. “We’ll be going on paws.” He turned to face Josh, “You can keep up I believe?”

“What should we bring?” Azriel asked, ignoring the question to the elf.

“You’ll bring nothing,” Abijah answered shortly, “I want you to stay and wait for Haleh and the others. They’ll be back and the pack shouldn’t be left. If anything happens-”
Azriel didn’t hear the rest of the sentence as he stomped away angrily.

--

“What’s wrong?” Curse asked aloud, glancing over at Caerwyn. She frowned, wondering if the less than friendly crowd was broadcasting hurtful thoughts into her friend’s head.

In the back of the bus, Hana scowled at the staring girl, picking up every word of the half-whispered conversation with her beyond human hearing. “There’s a scanner up there,” she volunteered loudly, eyes still narrowed, “I felt it- something in the doorway of the bus- heard a noise too, like a droning. Though I suppose, if I wanted to blow you up I’d just make that up anyway.”

“Oh, did I forget to mention that?” Mr. T said, turning back to address the group in the back seats, “Latch and I came up with that feature together. Wouldn’t want any humans climbing aboard,” he turned back to Maev “Except for you of course.”

“I canna tell you how thrilled that makes me,” she answered roughly and turned away from the shapeshifter.

“Though that doesn’t do much for crazy Unnaturals…well more crazy than us- hey new girl,” Terrance added, turning his head back to speak to the teenager, “I’d stay away from the wolves if we get any- they can smell a fox a mile away.”

Hana scowled and turned her eyes back to the window, adjusting in her seat subtly.

--

“I’m fine- just a bit worried. I was wondering where Satin could have gone,” Zaref answered with a weak smile.

“You should be worrying about us lover boy,” Udi offered with a disgusted expression. He leaned over from the seat across the aisle. “Mind cutting down on all this lovey-dovey-ness by the way? The two of you may be newlyweds, but you’re making me sick.”

Aspros

Joe glanced at Odi briefly. He had never much cared for the Satyr- but with his natural defense system he didn’t offer much in the way of food…livestock never tasted as good as a human anyway. They’d made deals before. Some newcomers had disappeared because of him, some had been turned to gradually marginalize the non-vampire population. Needless to say, Odi had proved useful despite his shortcomings- one of which he was displaying right now. Panic.

“You’re going to hurt her,” Odi offered to the snarling Anjali. He backed away from the female vampire, but kept eyeing Darileen as if he expected her to explode at any moment. “She has great power- I’m not sure what she could do, but it could hurt even you.”

Smiling, Joe ignored the Satyr and headed towards Anjali, offering a dark hand which she nuzzled into like a dog. “I wanted you to bring me something special.”

“And I have- I have,” she replied, closing her eyes, heedless of how foolish she looked in the eyes of the outsider. “I f-f-followed what you said and now we have her. She’s the one we needed…you said the skin white as p-p-paper and eyes like oil…” Anjali stopped and flinched, meeting the eyes of her leader now with the gaze of cornered prey.

“You smell them now, don’t you Anji? I can expect this foolishness from the ram, but you? You offered to prove yourself a faithful servant and instead of aiding me, you’ve led strangers into our midst,” Joe turned his back on the now trembling vampire and faced the shadowy entrance to his sanctuary, “You can come out now,” he offered, waiting for the figure/s to emerge from the darkness.

((Opening for whoever wanted to follow inside))

So long...for now.
Marshwiggle
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Present

"Max, would you be so kind as to turn off the lights at the front of the store. We don't want anymore visitors this evening." Bernard asked/told his young nephew before turning back to Neal and the large stack of books the Unnatural was looking through. It had taken them an hour or more to locate all 15 volumes that Bernard wanted, not to mention the difficulty in getting the books down from cluttered top shelves.

"Werewolf lore.... History of the modern Vampire.... These are all fine reads, Bernie, but we still haven't found anything on Hybrids." Neal said in an exasperated tone as he slammed the thick book he was looking through shut.

"Perhaps you should look at the volume with the red binding. You just might find what you need in there." Mr. Young said with a gleam in his eye as he sat down in a nearby chair.

After moving three volumes, Neal found the book his friend mentioned: an old leather book, about as thick as a dictionary with red binding. The first page read: The History of Vampires: Part 2 and A Brief History of the creatures Known as "Hybrids. "You sly dog! You knew which book it was all along!" The Darkling said holding up the book in question. "Why did you have me get all these other books down?"

"Because your strong and I could trust you. I'm too old to be climbing up and down those ladders. Besides, I couldn't trust Max with getting some of those titles down. He would be more likely to turn them into the athuraties." The old man replied as he retrieved his glasses from his house coat pocket. "I believe what your looking for starts on page 277.... If my memory holds." Bernard added as he made his way over to Neal's side.

After finding the page, it did not take the Darkling long to find the information he was seeking:
------------------------

"October 5th, 1846:
The Elders have decided that the terror that has swept our town is a living, breathing being. Not a ghost as originally thought. Still, no signs are left at the sites of carnage.
"

"October 10th:
The town hall has been completely ransacked. Half of the Elders were found dead, strung up in the center of the great hall. For the first time we have prints from the killer. It appears we are dealing with a great demon-wolf....
"

"October 13th:
We have finally caught the beast!! It appears to be a great bipedal wolf with large wings.... We are meeting tonight to decide it's fate....
"

"October 14th:
Great Scott!! The beast has revealed itself to be one of our own, Milton the farmer. Milton has been tried by the counsel and found guilty. He shall be hung today.
"

"October 16th:
It has been two days since I write for the happenings of the 14th are still too vivid in my head, yet I must share them.

On Monday, we hung Milton, but the beast did not die. Instead, Milton turned into his beast form and began fighting back. It was only after stabbing the brute through the heart and finally chopping it's head off that it died... at least for a time.
During the night, the beast came back to life. Only half life, but still it lived and moved. We burned the barn down where the corpse was kept and spread the ashes over the ground. Hopefully this shall kill the beast once and for all. I hope....
"

Except from the diary of Alan Johnston, Head of Police in Cronanberg (1820-1855)

------------------

"So, I need to stab Karl through the heart, lop off his head and then burn the corpse?" Neal asked his old friend after he finished reading the passage.

"I'm afraid so. That's the only way to truly kill a Hybrid of his kind. If there is another, I have not come across it." Bernard replied as he walked back to his seat. "I wish there was an easier way, for your sake. It took me 15 years to finally find a copy of old Alan's diary. Turns out the whole town became infected by Milton and was burned to the ground shortly after that last entry. Johnston took full responsibility for burning the town and kept warning about the Unnaturals. The poor man was considered insane and thrown into a looney bin for his troubles. Poor man, trying to do good but everyone around him did not realize it. Much like now-a-days, eh?" Mr. Young said as he cleaned his glasses.

"Yes, much like modern times...." Neal replied as he looked over the stacks of priceless books on Unnaturels that surrounded him. "I guess I should be going. I've already intruded enough for one visit..."

"You can't be leaving already? Stay for the night, Neal. No, no, I mean it. No, it won't be any inconvience at all. I hope you don't mind sleeping in the loft, though." Mr.Young said as he escorted his Unnatural friend to the loft. "Max! Where the blazes is that boy.... MAX!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------

Aspros

"I wouldn't call myself a stranger... at least to your kind, Joe." Desmond said dryly as he emerged from the shadows behind the vampire.
"I would much appreciate it if you would not harm the new arrival... Though, who am I to tangle with a powerful vampire?" the Darkling continued in his usual droll tone as the vague form of a winged creature with burning red eyes appeared in the shadows. The creature did not enter the room, but stayed in the darkness eyeing the head vampire with obvious hatred... as it did all beings but it's master.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Aug 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Present

Josh waited while Azriel and Abijah had their spat then replied to the alpha wolf “Yeah, just let me get my stuff and I’ll be ready to go” as he stood up “I’ll be waiting he said as he retreated to a corner to get his pack ready.

--

“Hey, where is Adam, usually he’d be with you during this kind of thing” Reagan asked. Mark flinched, “Captured” Mark said bluntly “Who… “Savage took him, along with Becca; I’ve made a pact a werewolf clan who lost some of their members to him”

Reagan replied “Crap, man, I don’t know what to say. Anything I can do to help…” Mark blinked away a tear and said “Nah, I don’t want to get you in anymore trouble with the coven then I already have”

“Dude, my cousins are captured and you think I’d still be worrying about that stupid coven, how big of a jerk do you think I am?” Reagan asked “Wait, don’t answer that question” Reagan said punching Mark in the arm “Come on, we have a date with Staff and whatever posse he came up with this time”

Mark grinned at Reagan’s joke and said “Well I’d better make contact with Staff and see if we can take this where no innocent bystanders will get hurt. Hold on”

Hey Staugh Mark thought to Staugh Darn you Mark he replied then thought Careful when you go roaming through my mind, Mark, you might get lost in there Mark snorted.

Amen brother, so you want to take this out back? Stough replied No, I want to do this right here, in the middle of town. Mark sighed Jerkface, well see you in a few seconds

Stough grinned and said "Well, Mark is on his way" to Karl and Steel "I'd turn around" Mark said, standing at the end of the alleyway next to Reagen "You two got dragged into this two? Joy"

---

Brad jumped out of the company's van, as he did he was tying his tie. He hated having to report things on short notice, at least he didn't have to fix his hair. On the way to the street- where the Unnatural busses where driving through- his make up lady was once again pestering him.

"Bug off, I'm fine" he said rudely, pushing the annoying lady away "hurry up Snoot, be ready to get me on air as soon as we get to the street!" there was no need to worry of course, his cameraman was one the best in the world.

As soon as Brad was situated Snoot began counting down "On air, in three, two, one" Brad put on his fake smile "Hello Monsteropolis, I'm here in Ditto Town where the Unnatural crew that Senator Latch is funding to go to a Reservation.

Which he has also funded. As many of you know the Ditto Town residents are strongly opposed to any sort of Unnatural, so as you can see many of them have congregated along the edges of this street to protest"

Charlie ducked under a thrown stone as he ran to catch up to the bus, then as he walked up to the door he was hit in the forehead with a stone "Jerk!" he yelled at the teenager throwing stones.

His stone throwing nemesis was quickly stopped by a policeman, Charlie grinned before he realised he was bleeding from his forehead "Great, and I'm about to get on a bus full of vamps" he muttered, being human with weird powers didn't give you advantages with vampires.

Aspros

Desperado jumped out the shadows next to Desmond doing over dramatic karate moves and yelling "I'm a super stealth ninja! HIHAH! Mahahaha! EAT THIS" as he jumped in the air preparing to punch the ground.

Which of course in all the ninja movies sends a shock wave out on the floor and knocks down all the bad guys, lets just say it didn't work out so well and moments later Desperado was rolling around on the floor holding a severely sprained wrist.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Rising_Star » Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Past

Alice stiffened indignantly. "I have a rule," the petite jinn said flatly. "I can't kill anyone, I can't raise people from the dead, and I can't make people fall in love. So I'm harmless really."

"Great, let's go now," Thomas said, eager to help take down a vampire. He never thought he'd be getting this kind of action when he had begged his mother to let him and Elisabeth stay to oversee the investigation.

-----

Ian crept down the hall, searching for anyone who might be waiting to exchange information with whoever was asking questions about the siblings. They'd only gone about halfway into the building when Melanie suddenly pushed Cyrano against the wall, clasping a hand over his mouth.

"Stay hidden," she whispered close to his ear, her breath sliding across his skin like a soft breeze.

At the same time, Ian ducked and a dart that flew from the darkness before them buried itself in the wall behind him. Dark clothed men emerged from the dark and came toward him. He ducked again a split second before another dart flew over his head. He saw now that the darts were coming from a gun in one of the darkly clothed men' hands.

While this was happening, Melanie kissed Cyrano firmly on the lips before whirling away and landing a karate kick right on the back of one of the men's heads.

The men leaped into action, coming at the siblings with darts and physical violence. Something seemed to snap in Melanie's mind and with a cry of anger mixed with annoyance, she whirled, kicked, punched, elbowed, and cartweeled around the men, knocking down one after another with the skill and grace of a martial artist.

Ian, who had never lifted a finger to hurt anyone his whole life, found himself ducking and swerving to miss the fists and feet and darts coming at him. He seemed to move a split second before the men did, almost as if he anticipated their movements.

Melanie did everything she could to keep the men down and away from her brother, but the men kept getting up after she'd knocked them down. But then she slammed one guy's head into the wall so hard the wall cracked and blood spurted from the wound. The guy slumped to the ground and for a split second Melanie was frozen; she'd never killed anyone before.

That was all it took for the men to grab her. She tried to squirm away but four men held her down while another shot her with a dart. She grew limp and one man flung her body over his shoulder.

Ian turned when he saw Melanie being taken away. "No!" he shouted, elbowing a man in the face that tried to get to him and trying to follow the man with his sister. He only took a couple steps before the other men were on him, holding him down.

"Well, well, the Stryder siblings. Today must be my lucky day." Out of the darkness stepped a well-dressed man with slicked back white hair. He smirked triumphantly at a struggling Ian. "I've been searching for you a long time now, always just a step behind. Luckily I'm a patient man."

"What do you want with us?" Ian cried out, struggling in the men's arms. He'd completely forgotten all about Cyrano and was just worried about Melanie now, who he couldn't see anymore.

"What I want from every Unnatural I come across," the man said calmly. "Your abilities."

-----

Present

Indigo needed no further instruction. He ran into the trees and shed his shorts before emerging once more in his massive wolf form. He trotted over to Abijah where he stood still as a statue, waiting for orders.

-----

Caerwyn started at Curse's voice. He glanced up at her, then down at his pale hand gripping her wrist. He slowly released her, frowning slightly at the red mark his tight grip left. He picked up her hand and kissed the spot lightly, lingeringly.

It's nothing. I'm sorry. He looked up at her face, his expression entirely apologetic.

-----

Selena raised an eyebrow at Udi.

"This coming from a shameless flirt," she said idly.

-----

Raphael studied Marcus for a long moment, taking in his expression and tone. His brow furrowed ever so slightly before the he smiled abruptly.

"I trust my followers," he said, turning away from Marcus to address everyone in the room, even Sofia as she exited the werewolf's room and hung the bucket back up by the door.

"No one here is here by force," Raphael reminded everyone. "Anyone may come and go as they please. I merely believe that as a group we are stronger than as individuals. We are a family here, and as leader of this family I offer protection to those in hiding, healing to those in pain, and providence to those in want. I offer love, peace, and harmony. These things we will all need to survive the upcoming battle between Unnaturals and the mundanes. If we do not hang together, we shall all hang separately." The corners of his mouth twitched faintly.

Mihael couldn't help but watch his friend with a look of respect and slight awe during the vampire's speech. There was always something that stirred in his chest as Raphael, his cold, beautiful face severe yet compassionate, spoke to his followers. He couldn't help but glance suspiciously over at Marcus, watching the warlock's expression during Raphael's speech. While his leader was confident that no one would try to assassinate him, Mihael was always wary, always on the watch.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 03, 2010 4:51 pm

"Currently," Malachi said with a grin. "How about you."

"Perennially," Portia said, "accidentally" elbowing Night off of the back of their seat.

"Adults. And they say teens are ruled by their hormones," Night said, sitting back in her seat with a disgruntled look.

"Now that we know that crazed assassins aren't going to come through the door at any moment, I'm going to take a nap," Christopher said. His wings slipped through slots in his shirt and unfurled before wrapping around him to form a cocoon of downy feathers.

-----
Aspros Island

Morgana slipped out of the shadows, glancing in distaste at the crazed individual rolling around on the ground. She'd sheathed her athame, but hadn't let go the magics she'd gathered to her. She was fully prepared to fight her way out of this, though going up against vampires wasn't her idea of the way to live a long and healthy life.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Present

After a hearty breakfast of eggs and some sort of sausage begrudgingly fixed by Max, Neal finally gathered his things and thanked his friend for the advice on killing his enemy.

"I knew you would have something on Hybrids. Thanks again for letting me look through your collection and also for letting me stay the night." The Darkling said as he slung his travel bag over his shoulder and retrieved his fedora from the hat rack.

"It was my pleasure, Neal. Anytime you need... anything, just stop by. You're always welcomed." Mr. Bernard said with a friendly smile as he led Neal to the front door. "By the way, one word of advice on dealing with Karl: Don't let him get under your skin and for the love of everything good, don't let the hatred you have for him cause you to do something stupid." The old man said with a stern look as he leaned on his walking cane by the door. "Besides that, live long and prosper."

"Live long and prosper, Bernie." Neal replied with a smile as he quoted his friend's favorite line back to him. "Oh, and stay out of trouble!" the Darkling added as he walked towards the bustling main street of Monstropolis.

"Same to you!" Bernard called out as he watched the Darkling disappear into the usual crowd of city. "That boy is going to be remembered for something great, I'm sure of it...." the old book collector and part time Unnatural historian muttered to himself as he walked back into his shop and flipped on the "Open" sign outside.

----------------------------------

"Not really dragged, more.... asked to join." Karl replied to the elf, pulling his hands out of his jacket pockets. The ever so subtle pre-twitches of transforming ran down the Hybrids arms... Not yet. Karl thought as he waited for Staugh or the elves to make the first move.

--------------------------

Another speech to rally the troops.... Apparently a requirement if you wanted to be a leader of any sort. Marcus had heard the same basic spiel many times, the only things that would change is who the speaker was and who/what he was trying to rally.

Noticing that Mihael was watching him, the Warlock gave the vampire a slight nod before appearing to be suddenly interested in watching the two females that were present. Raphael's right-hand-man always seemed to be overly on his guard against someone wanting to usurp his friend and leader.

The thought of taking the place of the vampire and becoming leader of the coven had never crossed the Warlocks mind.... well, it had but he always pushed it aside. The last thing Marcus wanted was to be in-charge of something, especially a coven.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

PreviousNext