This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Town Square II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Town Square II

Postby starkat » Apr 27, 2018 10:11 am

I struggle with getting on a computer these days. My life has shifted to behind a camera or teaching riding lessons. I've got two small businesses starting and I've got to get them up and running. My writing is so out of practice it's rough. Though I've been seriously considering trying to put something together along the lines of "So you bought a horse... Now what?" lol.
starkat

Postby Sonny » May 02, 2018 3:54 am

I have been gone so long that I missed all the closures... I am actually trying not to cry, because I started writing in the Inn Between about 10 years ago. Even though it had trailed off it seems like a kind of loss that it is officially over. This forum was a huge instrumental part of me getting to know myself and breaking out of a toxic environment. I know we're all busy but I hope to get some writing don on the new projects.

How have y'all been? I've been getting by, though not as well as I'd like. I am hoping to go back to school but there is some fear in me that i think is blocking my progress. I have lots of supportive friends, however, so I'll draw on them for support!
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 05, 2018 8:45 am

It has been a long time since I've been on this forum too. I used to have another account, but lost the information to that as it has been many, many years since I logged in. Can't believe time goes so fast, and that it has been 8 years since the last Narnia movie was released. I have very good memories of anticipating the films with all of you. I hope we can do it again some time with Silver Chair.
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Movie Aristotle » May 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........
How 'bout some new stuff? Huh, Mods? *Nudge, nudge.* Time to make some new memories don't you think?

I, for one, was always scared of Ditto Town, but I posted in the Christmas thread last year and was able to keep track of what was going on pretty well.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aileth » May 08, 2018 7:09 am

Valiant_Nymph wrote:It has been a long time since I've been on this forum too. I used to have another account, but lost the information to that as it has been many, many years since I logged in.

Just out of curiosity, do you remember your former screen name? Not that I was around then, but many of the old names are familiar, from having read zillions of posts from the old days. Of course, if you'd rather not say, consider the question unasked :)
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 08, 2018 10:33 am

aileth wrote:
Valiant_Nymph wrote:It has been a long time since I've been on this forum too. I used to have another account, but lost the information to that as it has been many, many years since I logged in.

Just out of curiosity, do you remember your former screen name? Not that I was around then, but many of the old names are familiar, from having read zillions of posts from the old days. Of course, if you'd rather not say, consider the question unasked :)

Valiant :) As you can see from my current screen name, I liked it a lot :)

How did you find Narniaweb?
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Arwen » May 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Aravanna, I was going to ask if you know how aloe vera does in desert/seasonal desert areas, however, I recently ran across two very impressive aloe vera plants when I had to go to a bridal shower. They were doing quite fine being planted in fairly direct sun, so I think I got my answer.

In general, I'm concerned for my herbs this year. Even my sage didn't survive, so I'm back to square one, and I haven't had the time to tend to anything.

I'm sorry, Sonny, that you didn't get a chance to slide a last post in before the official closure. :( I'm glad you're still around, hanging with us!

MA, everything is so busy right now, I'm surprised brain hasn't been dribbling out my ear. :P I would love to have at least one event this summer, however, provided people are up for the idea. :) I've been wanting to do some writing, and it would be nice to do a group story again.

Welcome back, Valiant_Nymph. I think I remember your wanderings here in the past. :)
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks Lady Arwen! Nice to check back in here. I remember having a lot of fun back in the day. I hope things pick up once again when/if Silver Chair production starts up.
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » May 09, 2018 4:45 pm

It's nice seeing some familiar faces returning to the Square!

Spring has finally arrived and with it, clouds of tree pollen that make it hard to breathe. Fortunately that is usually over in just a few weeks.

I also like the idea of a group story or other collaborative venture. It would be fun to do something like that this summer.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Ryadian » May 12, 2018 6:27 pm

I'd love to get another Ditto Town story up and running soon. I've really missed having an active one around here, and having something that combines the best of the olden days with new activity would literally be a dream come true. (Sonny, I'm also so sorry that you didn't get a chance to post again in the Inn Between before it closed down. :( :ymhug: I really miss it as well - lots of memories I'll never forget were made with all of you guys.)

Hello all! :) It's been too long since I've stopped in. Hello, Valiant_Nymph! I don't believe I met you the last time around, so it's nice to meet you and see you around the forum. :) I hope you're enjoying your time back (and I echo your sentiments about it picking up when SC news starts picking up!)

Still working on my writing projects. :P I've been trying to focus on one particular novel until I finish a draft, but even though I've been doing at least a little bit every day all year, I keep changing my mind about the story and all-but starting over. I seem to only have two intriguing characters and a very basic concept, and everything else is subject to change based on how frustrated I get. ;))

Not helping today is the fact that I just saw Infinity War last night, and... I'm going to avoid saying too much, but yeah, it's hard to focus on my own projects right now, my mind's still spinning from that. ;)) I've kind of let the MCU slide from my attention in recent years - I haven't really been excited with any of them since Civil War, and I think it peaked with Winter Soldier - but suffice it to say, I think it has my attention again. :P

Anyone have Mother's Day plans? I'm going to have lunch with my family tomorrow, and then we're very likely going to go for a drive. It's turned into an informal family tradition - a few years ago, we were going to go to the Zoo on Mother's Day because it was a gorgeous day, but we got there and realized that everyone else had the same idea. So, we just drove around to various stores we wouldn't normally visit, and found a place that sells ice cream, and all around just had a really good time. I'm hoping we have another nice day for it again, but it should be a fun time either way. :)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Sonny » May 30, 2018 3:56 am

I don't know if this is OK, but I want to just say that I'm in a rough place right now... My brother died on Sunday. I'm 31; he was 28. We used to be close when were were young but drifted far apart. I just can't believe it; and I have hurts.

:'(
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » May 31, 2018 7:59 am

Dear Sonny, I cannot imagine what you are going through now. Was this in any way expected or was it sudden? :ymhug: May you have family and friends surrounding you at this time.
And even through this great grief and sorrow, may you know the peace of God. I'm glad you felt free to share in NWeb's Square.
johobbit

Postby Sonny » May 31, 2018 8:38 am

He was sick for two weeks but hadn't gone to the doctor. When he finally went to the emergency room, he only lasted 4 hours Something about fluid in his lungs. I didn't even know any of this till later that morning.
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 09, 2018 7:36 pm

My deepest sympathies, Sonny; death is never easy, but it is especially difficult when it is someone who is still young. I hope you and your family are able to find peace about your loss in the coming months. I'm sure all of us in the Square don't mind if you post about it here; we might be slow lorises when it comes to reading or posting, but I think we are our own odd sort of family here.

In short, many :ymhug: for you and yours.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 10, 2018 10:18 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your sudden loss, Sonny. I know it must have been quite a shock. :( I'll be praying for you and your family. May you all find peace and comfort. *hugs*
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stargazer » Jun 11, 2018 3:44 pm

You and your family are in my thoughts during this difficult time, Sonny.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

PreviousNext