This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Roleplays: Crisis in the Snow and TWBTS

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Featured Roleplays: Crisis in the Snow and TWBTS

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 17, 2009 3:57 am

Crisis

Cassandra felt a convenient disturbance in the Force and spun around in time to see the ice creature forming. She cautiously drew her lightsaber from its place on her belt, but didn't ignite it yet. For the moment, she wasn't sensing danger from it and threatening it with an activated weapon could be the very thing that caused the creature to turn dangerous.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 17, 2009 10:50 am

((BOOKY! Now I don't want to post in this thread until after Christmas. Argh! :P ;)) ))

Neíhudir cocked his head, and the twins knew he was trying to determine if he was seeing something or if it actually existed.

"What is your business here?" he finally asked.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby OurDLF » Dec 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Crisis

Gratus frowned. "We know little of anything elvish, much less their lands. News never travels our way - these people are a fairy tale in northern lands. We know where the Eberim are, though, and one must assume that is where the Elves are as well. We can send out joint scouting parties to search them out."

He sat down on the table. "I feel that we should strike as soon as possible, in order to take advantage of the confusion that must arise with the Elves taking in the Eberim."
NWSO Principle 2nd Violin & Founder
Veteran Ditto Fountaineer & Mansionite
Humble Knight of the Order of the Spoiler Free Monasterie (Incorruptus!)
OurDLF
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Crisis

"Then you know little," Träm said, shaking his head. "The elves walk cloaked, invisible to the human eye. They have many alliances, which is why we have come--to strike them before their alliances strike us. They say that a rogue beast, crafted by the elves, passes unseen, now as snow, now as rain, then as water. But it has rebelled from its master--or is trying to win its freedom. It is after the power of the elves, but any others who cross it will feel its wrath. You are right that the arrival of the Eberim has caused trouble--and weakness. The refugees have been taken in, and should strengthen the elven forces, but our spies report that the elves have forced their visitors to surrender their weapons. The elves will be weak, and ready to fall. If we strike before their trust returns to the Eberites, it will be well."

"What of the dragon rider?" a small worried voice ask. A small creature appeared from the folds of Träm's cloak. A low, dark laugh rumbled through the meeting place.

"I will crush them," Legion smiled, a slight sneer on his face.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Jan 19, 2010 4:51 pm

The thing stared at Neíhudir with its multifaceted eyes. The chitin at the bottom of its face began to click together.

Charis looked at the creature, interested and disgusted at the same time (She'd never had a thing for bugs.). She wondered how it would talk, and then suddenly, to her surprise, she realized that she could hear patterns in the way the thing clicked its chitin. Was it...? Yes! It was speaking, using its chitin and maybe some other things, but definitely its chitin. It was using them, somehow, in the way that humans used their vocal chords!

Charis was intrigued and concentrated harder. Presently she could understand what the bug creature was saying.

The creature spoke in basic, in its curious, grating, and icy voice.

"Can you understand me? I said that I come on an errand of peace."
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Neíhudir squinted at it for a moment, then surprise flashed across its face.

"Yes...I can. What sort of peace errand do you come on?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Jan 23, 2010 5:48 pm

The creature turned its head to watch Neíhudir more closely. "I wish to form an alliance between myself and your people to prevent many deaths."

Charis began to realize what this creature was, and almost hit herself in the forehead for not realizing it earlier. It was one of the species of creatures who had come down the mountain, in an avalanche, demanding the Magnecrystal.

"Do you wish any payment in return for your services?" Charis spoke up, wording her sentence carefully.

The creature's eyes swivelled to look at Charis. "No." It said simply. Then it focused back on Neíhudir, who it thought seemed to be in charge.

"I am a member of the vortex species, and I am called G-9. I have come here alone on my errand, unknown to my species and against their will."

G-9 stared at Neíhudir while he paused, seeming to be looking at him harder than before. "My species and yours fought once, long ago, for possession of a certain crystal of great power." He paused again. "Know you of how that ended, elf?"
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Crisis

"I do, for I was young then. These others, however, do not," he said quietly, hoping that G-9 would expand on it while Neíhudir chewed on this beginning of a proposal.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby OurDLF » Jan 26, 2010 9:12 am

Crisis

Fingon stared at the creature before him, eager to learn more of this strange new kind.

The ability to change forms would be advantageous to the Vortex on the battlefield, and must cause all sorts of grief for their opponents. This was the first of many thoughts that came to the forefront of Fingon's mind. How they fought was a different matter.

The elf continued to study G-9. Having on of the Vortex on their side would be very helpful, to say the least. They would be able to understand more about these creatures; how they fought, how they thought, how they moved about, how they interacted with one another. Not only would this help battle strategies, but the intellectual knowledge appealed to his elvish nature.
NWSO Principle 2nd Violin & Founder
Veteran Ditto Fountaineer & Mansionite
Humble Knight of the Order of the Spoiler Free Monasterie (Incorruptus!)
OurDLF
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Arwen » Apr 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Meav coughed loudly in all directions, and began whittling away on a small ice statue that began looking like an incredibly mutilated human form.

"You were saying something?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby ericnovak » Apr 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Far out to sea a group of sirens wailed their mournful, but hauntingly beautiful tune, "Lost, lost! All is lost! Where have you gone? All is lost!"
ericnovak
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Cassandra heaved an exaggerated sigh of boredom and began practicing lightsaber forms while she waited for someone to do something.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Meav jumped up and tossed her mutilated ice form at Cassandra.

"I suppose we could play around with this, since there isn't much else to do...."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Cassandra grinned diabolically and began levitating large clumps of snow into the air. With a twitch of her hand, she flung them in Meav's direction.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Meav gasped at the first snowslide that hit her, then batted several away with the Force. Finally, she let out a stream of fire from her left hand. It hit the nearest clump of snow, which promptly burst into millions of little sparklies, which, after putting on a dramatic fireworks display, faded into oblivion (although one did find its way down the back of Cassandra's collar, and turned back into ice particles).
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 18, 2010 11:30 pm

"EEeEEE! That's cold!" Cassandra squealed and began flapping her shirt, trying to get the ice out.

When she judged that Meav was properly distracted by her antics, Cassandra used an ancient and little known Force technique to make sparkly sticky glitter fall from an invisible portal and land all over Meav.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext