This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Roleplay: Secret Origins

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Featured Roleplay: Secret Origins

Postby Madame Gosté » Aug 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Welcome to one of Ditto Town's featured roleplays.

Here in Ditto Town, when one of ze stories in ze Ditto Town Fountain becomes popular enough, I give them their own thread, to keep things neater and more organized. Moi, I’m proud to feature some of Ditto Town's best roleplays.

If vous would like to join any of these roleplays, please PM the creator first.

Please follow zese guidelines in your posts:
    • Please keep all posts rated “G” or “PG” for ze sake of our younger members.

• Cooperate with ze plotter, as they basically have ze final word for ze storyline.

• Please try to make your posts longer than 10 words and shorter than 600 words. If vous want to chat (“I’m at work today. How are vous?”) instead of role-play (“Chedder ze Chipmunk flings himself from branch to branch, looking for his lost thimble.”), please go to ze Cup & Platter Chatroom.

• All role play characters should be characters vous have invented yourself, not stolen from ze other authors. Vous can use names created by others, but zey must be different characters. Vous can use your characters from ze Ditto Story and Fountain, or ones made up just for this thread. Vous can post a biography of your characters in ze Ditto Town Post Office.

S’amuser!
Madame Gosté
Ditto Town Host

DT Featured roleplays presents:

Ze Ditto Jedi Archives: Secret Origins

created by:
Bookwyrm

written by:
Bookwyrm
BuBbLyLu
Captn. Peregrin
Faun Fan
Lady Arwen
~Lu~
narnianerd
Rising_Star
sweeetlilgurlie
The Black Glove
zlcva

Description:
Four thousand years before Order 66 and the rise of the Empire, the Jedi Order faced extinction as the Sith of their day hunted them down. A small group of Jedi came together on the moon Nar Shaddaa and fled the Sith through a wormhole that led them to the Ditto Galaxy. There they found a new home and a new enemy. This is the untold genesis of the Ditto Jedi Order.

Vous can read The Ditto Jedi Archives: Secret Origins from the beginning, starting here and continuing here.
Madame Gosté
Ditto Town Host

Re: Featured Roleplay: Secret Origins

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 06, 2009 12:49 am

Brutus tumbled through the Fountain's waters and emerged in the Wood. Aleena wasn't far behind the Sith Lord. Together, they stared blearily at the quiet wood. The townspeople who didn't feel up to fighting had fled through another pool to the hidden refuge. A small team of fighters, along with Lynda and Corvan remained.

"Corvan!" Aleen squealed as she snapped out of her lethargy. She ran up to the Dark Acolyte and attempted to jump into his arms. This was problematic since he was not expecting such a jubilant greeting and the two ended up on the ground, bruised and annoyed.

"Yet another thing you'll need to learn if you're going to be my apprentice," Brutus commented. "When women throw themselves at you, you catch them. Unless they're ugly. Then you just step out of the way."

Lynda shot an irritated glare at Brutus, but the Sith Lord pointedly ignored it.

"When Myrddin arrives, we need to decide what our course of action will be," Lynda said.

"Why do we need to wait for him? He doesn't own me," Corvan said, defiantly. "Besides, why should we be on your side anyway? We've served the Empire all our lives. Now they want to kill us and our response should be going on some holy crusade to free the galaxy?

"Eh, holy crusades are for Jedi. But idiotic feuding and revenge-seeking? That's definitely a Sith trait. I'm all for anything that makes my former pupil's life even more difficult."

Right about then, Myrddin appeared in the pool leading to the Fountain and then collapsed on the ground, unconscious.

Meanwhile, on the New Dawn, Lisan was pushing the ship as fast as it could go. The crewmembers were huddled nervously over their workstations, hoping the ship wouldn't tear apart. The various creaks and groans that echoed through the ship didn't help their worries. To make matters worse, most, if not all, had lost nearly everyone they cared about when the blast from their sun tore through Geangrai. They had nothing to return to and no way of knowing if any other ship had survived the wave of death.

Allyn paced the infirmary, nervously glancing at Juriel, no, Caelan lying on the bed. He had to keep reminding himself it was true. Maggria was still with him, even in death, and Caelan had somehow cheated death and returned to him. When compared to those two miracles, the loss of an entire planet seemed somehow less tragic. Allyn briefly considered that he was being callous, but he couldn't push aside his joy long enough to focus on self-recriminations.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby narnianerd » Sep 07, 2009 8:53 am

Shono of course had stayed with the remaining men and women; he rolled his eyes at the needless bickering. Then nudged Solarflare were the rib cage would have been if he had one. "These people are slower than a snail on salt" Then when the wizard came tumbling through mud puddle they seemed oblivious to him "Hey your solution arrived and he's passed out!
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Enyo had stayed in the Geangrai star system longer than was entirely wise, but she wanted to watch as the race that had been a constant thorn in her side died. First they'd rebelled and left her Empire. Attempts to destroy the Geangrai with vampires had failed and they'd successfully cut off access to their world via the Fountain on Orran. Then the Geangrai had pooled the considerable psychic talents of their race to place blocks in the minds of every other sentient being in the galaxy that prevented them remembering where the Geangrai home system was located. It had taken her months to work around the blocks and decide what to do with the knowledge. Her armies and fleets were worthless against the Geangrai now. Finally, she had discovered an ancient Sith technique that would allow her to destroy them. After all of that work, she certainly wasn't going to miss watching Geangrai burn.

To Enyo's dismay, a few ships escaped the conflagration, notably the New Dawn. She was aware that its journey to Dittotopia had caused her problems there and had hoped to watch it be torn apart.

"Oh well. Now that their planet is gone, I can hunt them down and blow their ships apart with my personal flagship," Enyo reassured herself as she journeyed through hyperspace back to Orran.

"Where are we going?" Ordana firmly asked Lisan. The other woman might be a goddess or whatever the Phoenix Force was, but Ordana had had just about enough of being drug around the galaxy like a child.

"To Orran. If my world burns, so does her's," Lisan spat angrily.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Corvus looked up from her spot on the floor, where she had been sitting the duration of the trip, idly picking the dirt out from underneath her fingernails and squishing any bugs that came by.

"Oh goody, I'll break out the marshmallows," she said dryly. Really she just wanted to stick Lisan between the ribs with the special knife and get it over with. Unfortunately she did that and they all froze to death in space. So she continued to endure the boredom.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby zlcva » Sep 08, 2009 2:16 pm

VACS finally heard the information he needed. He quickly signaled the Autobots.

<VACS to Warpath. New Dawn heading for 'Big Target'. Be advised.>

<Copy that VACS.> Warpath replied. <We're on our way.>

Solarflare glared down at Shono. Due to the height difference between the two robots, Shono's elbow didn't quite make it up to Solarflare's middle torso plate (the Transformer equivalent of ribs), instead hitting him in the gearbox. He fought the urge to smack the smaller bot in the back of the head and instead observed,

"Yeah, well, they've had one of those days." While he spoke, he took a subtle step back, putting him out of reach of Shono's elbow.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby BuBbLyLu » Sep 09, 2009 10:49 pm

There was something about floating around in an unconscious void that had a relaxing effect on Juriel. Not only did it provide him an escape from the creepy ghost who was after him for reasons he didn't understand, but it also shut down the train of screams that had invaded his mind. He welcomed this darkness filled with nothingness. There was not a care or pressing issue to disturb him.

How short lived contentedness is when you've suddenly realize you have an itch. Groaning softly, Juriel lifted his hand to rub the tip of his nose, finding relief the moment he did so. He squeezed his eyes tightly shut suddenly, though, when he realized the mistake he made. He was awake now. Uttering a curse, he tried to force himself back into his previous stupor state. He did not want to come back to the reality that many souls were going to die along with himself because of the vision he had.

Let it come while I'm out, he insisted mentally to whatever force had forced that vision upon him. I don't want to feel a thing. Mentally and physically.
graphics by hyaline12
BuBbLyLu
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Allyn had collapsed into a chair next to Juriel's bed. The infirmary staff had fled the room when their homeworld was destroyed. Given the pain he had felt when the Geangrai world died, Allyn could only imagine what it must have been like for the powerful telepaths, no doubt linked mentally to those who had just perished in the waves of fire.

The Jedi Knight stared at the prone figure in the bed next to him. He was terrified that Juriel might be dying right there, beside him, and there was nothing he could do. Allyn couldn't recall ever feeling more helpless. And then Juriel moved. Just a hand at first, moving up to his face. Then a muttered curse. Allyn smirked at his long-lost friend as he saw him trying to fake still being asleep.

"That trick never worked when you were a Padawan, why do you think it would work now?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby BuBbLyLu » Sep 11, 2009 9:34 pm

That voice definitely was not coming from his subconscious, which meant Juriel's attempt at conking himself back out wasn't working as it might if he was merely just trying to go back to sleep. This annoyed him more than the teasing words someone spoke beside him. He scrunched up his face, pinching his lips together tightly, waiting for the impact of death to fall on him like the weight of a thousand corpses.

. . . .

Juriel's brow smoothed, lips still sealed. Nothing was happening. He peered under his eyelashes. Why was nothing happening? There was a bright light burning his vision. Maybe he had died with the planet? Juriel blinked carefully as he slowly opened his eyes to check it out for himself. Then he frowned.

Heaven did not have incandescent light bulbs.

Juriel stared up at the ceiling, not sure what to make of this, but he was pretty sure he must be in that other place.
graphics by hyaline12
BuBbLyLu
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 12, 2009 11:47 pm

"Juriel, it's all right. We survived. Thanks to you and your vision, we escaped the supernova," Allyn said, sensing Juriel's anxiety.

-------

Brutus noticed Myrddin's arrival and subsequent collapse onto the ground surrounding the pool that led to Ditto Town.

"Well, it would seem our dear leader is out of commission. Guess that leaves only one person with the leadership experience necessary to take control of our little band of merry adventurers," Brutus said, unsubtly pointing at himself.

"If you think I'd trust you to lead us, you are sadly mistaken. Weren't you captured by your pre-teen apprentice and hung on a wall for almost twenty years? Even out here, we hear rumors," Lynda said snidely.

"Enough already!" Aleena snapped, surprising everyone."Quit bickering. Somebody pick Myrddin up and make sure he isn't dying or something. Everyone not actually doing something important, guard that pool. We don't know if Myrddin was able to kill all the clones."

Aleena sighed impatiently as everyone stared at her and a few purple sparks flew off of her.

"Yes, yes, I know. Ditzy planetary governor here. Whatever. I do have some leadership skills, actually."

Corvan shrugged and moved to Myrddin's side. He was used to taking orders from Aleena. He was somewhat surprised it had taken this long for her to snap and start bossing people around.

Corvan picked the wizard up and moved him to dry ground. Myrddin was extremely pale and Corvan frowned, worried. The wizard was showing definite signs of exhaustion, wearied almost to death. He was still clutching the Variform, now returned to its neutral golden ball form.

Aleena snatched the Variform from Myrddin's unresisting hand. She gazed into it for a few seconds and then it transformed into a rough stone cup, filled to the brim with water.

"Get his mouth open, Corvan. He needs to swallow this. It'll heal him," Aleena ordered.

Aleena knelt at Myrddin's side and tipped the cup over his mouth. The water ran into the Time Lord's mouth and color came back into his face.

"I thought I told you I didn't want you using that," Myrddin said, as he opened his eyes.

"You're welcome," Aleena replied scathingly.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby BuBbLyLu » Sep 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Juriel blinked. And then again as the words sunk in. Knowing now that this was not his conscious speaking to him, he realized he wasn't alone wherever he was and he turned his head, slowly as the movement made his head swim, to the sound of the voice. When he saw Allyn sitting beside his cot he felt as if he should have known it was the Jedi all along.

"What the--" He sucked in a sharp intake suddenly, the pounding in his head accelerating as he lifted his head. Juriel dropped back down with a grunt. "What happened?" he muttered, as if Allyn's explanation wasn't enough to account for the furious headache he was feeling.
graphics by hyaline12
BuBbLyLu
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Alàtariël tipped her head, looking at the strange combination of Brutus, Myrddin and Aleena.

"How did you happen to evade the wonders of the forest, while all your little same race minions cannot?" she demanded, looking around. "Oh, and you, funny-face cloaked-one. What did you do to the little elf? She seems to be out of commission, and she came through right before you did."

"He didn't do anything beside shove her in the fountain, Alàtariël," Neíhudir grumbled, ringing the water out of Sholi's jacket.

"Well, she seems worse for the wear. Why'd Arin have to bring her this time around?"

"Stop asking pointless questions, and help me with this kid."

"Fine."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Sep 15, 2009 5:54 am

David approched the X-wing with a grim look; it could take him a long time before he could get the thing off the ground, but then he saw the little astro droid out and about fixing things. So he walked and inspected the wing of the craft where it6 had been hit. "You did a good job little droid, what's your name? he asked it. The droid beeped "I have no name... my code number is R5-W3" and David- who understood droidspeak quite well- resoponded "What kind of name is that? You can't become famous with out a name" so he thought for a moment "Your name is Scrappy, how do you like it?" and the droid responded "I like it very much" it was the begining of a long friendship. Rather than a ownership "well lets get going!" said David as he jumped in the cockpit.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Sep 15, 2009 6:24 am

"I'm alright," Sholi mumbled, waving the elves away. He was feeling drowsy, but the yelling and the generally unusual aura of the Wood was enough to keep him from slipping off.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 15, 2009 12:52 pm

"Sure, you are," Neíhudir said, shaking Sholi's jacket and throwing it back on top of him. "We'll keep an eye on you, just the same."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Sep 15, 2009 6:47 pm

The droid fired its booster rockets and landed in the droid compartment. David fired it up and lifted off... sixty minutes later the first Benedict ever lf flew out of the atmosphere of dittotopia and into space, powering up the hyperdrive he went into lightspeed towards the station.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Next