This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Roleplay: Secret Origins

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Featured Roleplay: Secret Origins

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Dec 16, 2009 7:52 pm

"I say we go after her." Emere said aggressively.
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 16, 2009 8:38 pm

"Well, since the planet is dissolving and our ride just left, I don't think we have much of a--" Arin stopped abruptly as a small elfin creature appeared.
"Oh no. What did you have to bring HER for?" she grumbled.

"You're the one that got her out of her house in the first place!" Alàtariël retorted.

"I wouldn't have gotten her if you hadn't been so combative!"

"If you listened to what I told you, we wouldn't be in this mess period, and you wouldn't have to be dealing with utter Chaos, now would you?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby zlcva » Dec 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Solarflare waited to see if anyone else would give their input. He wasn't sure what course he should take. As much as he wanted to see the fight be over, he knew he wouldn't be a match for the super-powered Enyo, even if she was dying. He thought their best bet at killing her off would be David, since he seemed to be conveniently immortal, but the kid was unfortunately nowhere to be found.

I hope he didn't get himself killed. Solarflare thought. The kid was rough around the edges, but he had potential.

----

Up in space, Warpath directed the Autobots attacking the Star Forge to withdraw as the station exploded from the inside out. As the fighters checked in, and Warpath tallied their losses, he noticed that Space Case was absent. His spark sank at the thought of losing such a valuable member of their team. But just as the survivors had finished their report, Space Case burst out of the Star Forge's remains and spiraled madly away, barely ahead of the inferno.

"I am definitely taking stunt flying lessons when we get back!" he called out, utterly exhausted by the ordeal.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 18, 2009 12:54 am

"You know, I'm typically jaded, cynical, and hard to impress, but I think that was quite possibly the most exciting moments ever of my life. Nice flying," Ordana said, a huge grin on her face.

-----

Enyo stalked through the Wood, barely holding in whimpers as the Darkhold spell ravaged her body. She was aware enough of its process through her body to know she only had a few hours left, at most. Less than that until her Force powers disappeared as her midi-chlorians died. Still, that was time enough for something of a revenge.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby zlcva » Dec 19, 2009 4:31 pm

"Yeah, well, just don't ask for an encore," Space Case panted as he rejoined the Autobot squadron.

"Awlright, y'all," Warpath drawled. "Let's head down to th' surface and see if they need our help." Turning his fighter towards Orran, he led the Autobots towards the planet.

---

In the Wood Between the Worlds, Nadif Nel wandered aimlessly around, completely under the spell of the Wood. Due to his author's forgetting about him, he had missed out on all the excitement. But he didn't care. The violet-skinned J'onnz could barely remember what life had been like before he had stepped into the Fountain in... whatever that Place was.

As he drifted slowly amongst the trees, he suddenly came upon Darth Enyo as she stalked painfully through the Wood.

"Oh! Hello there," he said peacefully, not realizing who she was or what danger he was now in. "Who are you?"
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 23, 2009 5:44 am

Enyo's journey through the Wood was interrupted by the approach of the Dittopian. She vaguely remembered him, not well enough to know his name, but well enough to know he was a Dittopian.

"Your master," Enyo hissed and unleashed a violent Force Push. "I don't have time to waste on you. But know this, your world will crumble into ash before the day is done."

Enyo continued on her way to the Dittopia pool and disappeared within it.

-----
YOU CAN GET UP NOW, YOU KNOW.

Aleena stepped up out of her body, looking as calm as one could under the circumstances.

"I've seen you before. You're Death."

WHAT GAVE IT AWAY?

"So what happens now?"

I GUIDE YOU TO THE AFTERLIFE YOU'VE BROUGHT UPON YOURSELF AND THEN I FILL OUT A LARGE STACK OF PAPERWORK FOR THE ONCOMING DEATH OF THE PERSON CATEGORIZED AS DARTH ENYO. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN SINCE SOMEONE WAS KILLED WITH THAT DARKHOLD SPELL? I'M NOT EVEN CERTAIN WHERE I PUT THOSE FILES.

-----

Brutus got to his feet shakily, looking around for Enyo. He spotted the fallen corpse that once was Aleena. He shrugged and looked around to see if anyone else was still alive.

"She'll most definitely die," Myrddin answered. "The spell Aleena used, I had only heard of it before. I don't understand how she could now it, much less be able to use it. It's from the Darkhold, the most vile and repulsive grimoire to ever exist in the multiverse. Every foul magical means to destroy life and cause destruction is written inside."

Corvan stirred and sat up. The first thing he saw was Aleena's body. He remembered being in love with Aleena and was certain he should be devastated by her fate, but couldn't muster up even a tear. Even a Sith should feel pain or anger at her death and yet he was only able to feel a vague sense of loss. It was then that he began to suspect Aleena's hand in his feelings for her.

Right about then, a clone randomly stumbled out of the smoke and rubble. She spotted one of the elves and ignited her lightsaber before leaping at the elf with a fiendish cry.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby zlcva » Dec 24, 2009 9:53 am

Due to the magic of the Wood, Nadif was only mildly surprised as he flew backwards through the air and slammed into a tree with enough force to snap it in half. As he lay there in a daze, he wondered distantly what that had all been about. But pretty soon he forgot what had happened and continued to sit half-buried under the tree. For all he knew, he had always been there, just as he was.

-----

Solarflare slowly holstered his pistols.

"So it's over, then?" he asked Myrddin. "Enyo's been defeated? We can all go back now?"
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Dec 25, 2009 8:42 am

Sholi's spine tingled. He turned, ignited his shoto, somersaulted toward the clone, cut its lightsaber hilt (and a couple fingers), and landed on a gremlin in one movement. He spun around (decidedly less fluently) and attempted to get the shoto into the gremlin.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 25, 2009 6:29 pm

The clone easily deflected Sholi's attack, and probably would have seriously injured the young man if Neíhudir's strong hand hadn't caught the back of Sholi's shirt and pulled him out of the way. The half-elf's long sword was out in a moment. The clone lifted his lightsaber again and swung it in a decapitating movement. Neíhudir moved out of the way, and tried to catch the lightsaber on his own blade, a move that often could offer him an advantage. Much to his surprise, the sword did not stop the saber, as it passed cleanly through the blade, dividing it asunder.

Neíhudir did not allow his surprise to incapacitate him for long. Pushing Sholi aside, he snatched up Alàtariël's long sword, and pushed Chaos' basket over.

"I spent all morning condensing that, and now you spilt it!" Chaos cried, her lower lip quivering. But Neíhudir had found what he wanted. Pick up the first round object he could locate, which happened to be a dinner roll that Chaos happened to have, he turned and threw it at the clone, while simultaneously stabbing the clone. Limwen also sent a weapon flying toward the clone, figuring that trying to defend from three things instead of two would be harder.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 30, 2009 2:20 am

Myrddin shrugged and looked uneasy.

"I'd be more comfortable saying we didn't have anything to worry about were we to find her body."

The clone collapsed to the ground under the assault of the elves' various attacks. She didn't get up.

So does this mean we can go back now?" Brutus griped. "I've satisfied my bloodthirsty desire for revenge. I've things to do. People to find.

Corvan gingerly removed Aleena's knives from their sheaths. For some reason, his memories of the last few years were vaguely foggy, but he knew that Aleena had wrapped them in enough enchantments to make them just as good as any lightsaber.

"Yes, let's go. This place is giving me the creeps.

-----

Allyn spotted Juriel and ran up to him.

"Where are you going?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby zlcva » Dec 30, 2009 9:57 am

After an uneventful flight into Orran's atmosphere, Space Case landed near the group assembled by the Fountain. He lowered his gangplank.

"Everybody out," he said with a sigh, relieved that the danger finally seemed over.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Rising_Star » Dec 30, 2009 10:48 am

"As much as near-death experiences are exhilarating," Corvus said. "I think I'm looking forward to my next assignment. All this traipsing around the galaxy doing nothing but the occasional killing of a cyborg is rather dull."

She waved lazily at Corvan. "Hey twin," she said. "I see the witch is dead. Are you going to fall into deep depression now? Just think you should give us a warning if you're gonna go all dark!Corvan on us and try kill yourself along with the rest of the town."

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Neíhudir stepped forward and gingerly picked up the clone's lightsaber.

"This deserves deeper inspection," he said, flicking it into its activated and then deactivated modes. He stuck it into his pocket.

"Now what?" Arin demanded, obviously impatient...again. Alàtariël rolled her eyes at her twin.

"Whatever."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby BuBbLyLu » Jan 01, 2010 5:47 pm

All that he had seen could not have been real. After all he has been through, the star's destruction that almost killed him as well and crashing on this godforsaken planet, he must be surely be out of his senses. In his mind that could only explain what Juriel had witnessed.

Around him was total desecration, and not by his hand. Juriel hadn't lifted a finger since he recovered himself from the wreckage of his pod, whether by physical inability or mental disarray--it was probably both. But the carnage he saw was enough to sicken him; yes, the madness was enough to churn this young, indomitable Acolyte's stomach. Juriel couldn't help but think the uncharacteristic weakness as abominable.

It wasn't until the killings seemed to have died down that he found himself able to move. He wandered over to a particular spot that seemed to have his attention, even though happenings that had a fixated him were over. Ignoring the people that were around, he leaned over the Fountain's edge to stare at the cloudy waters. Juriel did not look at his reflection, though, but frowned as he wondered if this was the answer.

He was startled then when a voice cried behind him and this reprieved him. Lifting his head, his old self returned to harden his features and glare at Allyn.

"So you weren't in the pod," he said angrily disheartened to himself. Although he had been nauseous to think it, a part of him, his old self that remained untouched from everything that had occurred, wished he had been the only one to survive. He looked back at the Fountain's waters.

"What does it look like I am doing? I'm going in."
graphics by hyaline12
BuBbLyLu
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 02, 2010 2:42 am

Ordana stepped out of the talking droid and looked around, trying to spot any familiar faces. She assumed they had landed on Orran, but one wouldn't know it by the looks of things. The courtyard they had landed in was covered with rubble. There were corpses scattered everywhere, some human-shaped, others resembling things Ordana wished had remained in whatever nightmare they escaped from. There were a few people gathered around the Fountain in the center of the courtyard, so she approached them, trying to make out their faces. There was one figure that looked decidedly familiar, down to the swirling and now-raggedy black cloak.

"Brutus?" Ordana shouted. "Brutus, is that you?"

Ordana quickened her steps and rushed up to the man she had spotted. She reached out her hand to touch his shoulder and
he turned, catching her hand and very gently squeezing it.

"I thought you were dead," Brutus said, doing his best not to beam happily at Ordana. Exuberant emotional displays in public were not good for a Dark Lord's repuation.

"I thought you were too. I couldn't sense you after that huge droid attacked and then there was the whole kidnapping thing. I'm just so happy you're alive."

"I'd slaughter whole armies to be with you," Brutus said earnestly before continuing in a cocky tone," I kinda did, if you hadn't noticed."

Ordana punched him in the shoulder and sighed in exasperation, "You never change."

"And you love me for it," Brutus said with a smirk.

"Oh, hi Corvus," Corvan said, sounding distracted. "No, I don't think I'm going to kill you all. Should I? I'm feeling a bit off right now. I don't think you did anything to merit death recently. Are you planning on it?"

"Unless I'm very much mistaken, he's suffering from some kind of magical withdrawal right now," Myrddin interrupted. "All the more reason to get off this rock and back to Dittotopia."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby zlcva » Jan 02, 2010 9:25 am

Solarflare cast an exasperated glance at Space Case as the latter transformed into his robot form.

"Looks like we get to perform ferry service again," he sighed.

"I don't mind," Space Case shrugged. "Just as long as I don't have to fly through exploding space stations again."

Warpath and a few other Autobots set their ships down nearby, while others continued to fly around, picking off any stray monsters that had escaped the carnage. Warpath disembarked and was quickly appraised of the situation by Solarflare and Space Case.

"Well, the transwarp cells on the fighters are still workin'. We could get back to Dittotopia in a couple a cycles," he said.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext