This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Roleplay: Secret Origins

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Featured Roleplay: Secret Origins

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 16, 2009 11:34 am

"I didn't do anything to anyone," Brutus said. His expression was comprised of innocence and wounded feelings. One could almost believe his feelings had been hurt, but this was Brutus, so no one fell for it.

"What are you talking about?" Aleena asked the elf. She wondered vaguely where this new batch of people had sprung from. She certainly didn't remember seeing them in town on her previous visits. "Oh, wait. What is that?"

Aleena looked around, puzzled before yawning suddenly. "I see what you mean. There's some high-level psychic suggestion going on in this place. If my shielding wasn't so good, I'd probably be snoring right now."

"What are you jabbering about now?" Brutus asked, as he helped Myrddin to his feet. "I don't feel any psychic whatchamacallits."

"You're a Sith," Aleena replied, in her best talking to idiots voice. "You've spent your whole life building up shielding to prevent people from tampering with your mind. You probably wouldn't notice the psychic equivalent of a thermonuclear blast by this point."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

"Although it is surprising, you being mortal and all," Alàtariël mused. "I might need to investigate you...this repulsiveness to strange air is quite interesting. Do tell."

"I'm not talking to you," Neíhudir said to Aleena, "in which case, it hardly matters."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Sep 17, 2009 9:16 am

((Once again I'm going to do a little time jump for David... besides who wants to sit around while I describe the negative effects the space travel is having on him? I thought not 8-} ))
When David came out of hyper space he was no where near the off world sanctuary. "WHAT HAPPENED!" he yelled Scrappy replied "I don't know... The navigational system must have been damaged when you crash landed" David replied "And you didn't fix it?" Scrappy said "I only fixed the outside damage" David thought for a second "Find any ship planet or other wise something to land on and get this thing fixed" Scrappy said "Booting up sensors now"
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 23, 2009 10:46 am

"I'm not sure, really. You panicked over Maggria appearing to you," Allyn answered.

Ordana paced the bridge as the New Dawn finally arrived in the Orran system. She glanced nervously at Lisan. The woman had been eerily quiet during the entire trip. Ordana suspected that instead of becoming more stable, Lisan was quietly becoming more dangerously homicidal. She didn't think much of their odds of surviving if something didn't take Lisan out soon.

Lisan glared out the windows at the Star Forge. She reached out her hand and fiery streamers of light wrapped themselves around the Star Forge. It began to grow even more uncomfortably warm on the bridge and everyone retreated as far from Lisan as they could get. The Star Forge remained unaffected.

Ordana watched silently, but finally decided to interrupt.

"You aren't going to destroy it that way."

"And how would you know?" Lisan asked acidly.

"Um, are we forgetting that I'm a Force user?" Ordana asked, with a quizzically arched eyebrow. "That place is wrapped in Dark Side sorcery. I can feel the spells from here. Also, I happen to have learned the only way to destroy it is the self-destruct, which can only be accessed from inside."

"All right then. You and I will go aboard and destroy it. On second thought, bring along one of the others. If you die, I will still need someone to activate the self-destruct."

"You can't handle a few simple computer tasks?" Ordana asked, her voice edging dangerously towards a mocking tone.

"I seem to be having a negative effect on electronic equipment," Lisan said and placed a hand on a workstation. The station exploded in storm of sparks and flying pieces of plastic.

"Well, anyone want to volunteer?" Ordana asked, looking around at the people crowding the bridge.

(Ryan, that's your cue :P )
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby BuBbLyLu » Sep 23, 2009 9:50 pm

The corner of Juriel's eye twitched, a subtle reaction when Allyn mentioned an unfamiliar name. But the young Acolyte didn't register how this had anything to do with himself.

"Who the--" he started to demand when he suddenly blinked. Recollections of what happened before he lost consciousness came back to him in bits and pieces. So many scenes, disjointed, rushed in his mind with many faces, but there was only one that predominated his memory.

Breathing heavily now, chest heaving with renewed labor, Juriel sat upright again, slower this time, and twisted his head to look around the infirmary. "Where did she go?" he asked, as if he couldn't believe that they were the only ones in the room. Having now been visited by a ghost that had out-bested him, Juriel didn't trust his own instinct that there was nothing to be apprehensive of--minus the Jedi.
graphics by hyaline12
BuBbLyLu
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby narnianerd » Sep 24, 2009 10:39 am

Scrappy located a planet a few thousand miles away that seemed hevely populated "That I'll work a Scrapp, set our course towards it and keep us out of hyperspace, Alright?" Scrappy replied "Okie dokie David" The starfighter turned and took off in that direction
((Yah I reconsidered this post once I found out what was going to happen))
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Allyn shrugged and said," Wherever Force Ghosts go when they aren't haunting people? Not even the Jedi know much about the afterlife."

Lisan guided the New Dawn closer to the Star Forge, but was forced to halt as the station's automatic defenses came online and began pounding the ship. She moved the ship farther away and the autoturrets switched off.

"So there's no crew? No one on board that thing?" Lisan asked.

"Enyo is notoriously paranoid. After they completed the Imperial fleet, the Star Forge was all but shut down and all organic crew was transferred off. The only thing left on there is droids," Ordana answered.

"I can transport our party in a bubble of psionic power. Follow me to the shuttle bays," Lisan ordered.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Corvus's head jerked up as she overheard the conversation. Standing in one fluid motion, she raised her hand as if she were a school child in class and bounced slightly on her toes.

"Oh please, please, please pick me!" she begged. "I'm dying to do something other than just sitting here." At this point she did not care if the others thought she was insane or just plain weird. She needed something to do before she died of boredom.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Sep 24, 2009 4:52 pm

"I'll come with you?" Astri asked, interested at the thought of moving. She twisted her way out of Arin's arms and over to Corvus. "Please?"
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 25, 2009 9:51 am

Ordana's eyebrows did their impression of an elevator as she watched Corvus' antics.

"Sure, you can come, I guess," Ordana said, wondering why exactly a Dark Acolyte would be so eager to go destroy her employer's ship manufacturing station.

She glanced skeptically at Astri as she pleaded with Corvus to take her.

"Kid, it's going to be pretty dangerous, but if you really want to come, I suppose you can," Ordana told the little girl.

Lisan had already left the bridge, so Ordana hurried to catch up to her, nervously feeling for her many hidden weapons. She was extremely happy that the Geangrai rebels had seen fit to return all their weapons to them. Somehow she had a feeling her survival would be up to her; she couldn't imagine Lisan going out of her way to protect her mortal prisoners.

Meanwhile, on Dittotopia, Brutus was beginning to get a headache. The Dittopians, Corvin, Myrddin, and Aleena were still bickering over what their current course of action should be. Finally Brutus had had enough and shot a bolt of Force Lightning at Aleena, blasting her off her feet.

"The next one of you to yell or vocalize in anything more than a normal tone of voice will get twice that," Brutus said matter-of-factly. "Now, let's act like sensible, reasonable adults and settle this logically. All those in favor of storming Orran and ripping Enyo's head off, raise your hands. Those not in favor, don't. Is that simple enough for you? And, for the record, I am in favor, but I'm a Sith Lord and we don't like to look like small children in public, so no hand-raising for me."

The show of hands included Aleena and Corvin, an enthusiastic Lynda, and a reluctant Myrddin. A little over half of the remaining Dittopians raised their hands.

"Anyone who doesn't want to come doesn't have to. No pressure," Aleena said, but there was a glint in her eye that made a few of the dissenters slightly nervous.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby zlcva » Sep 25, 2009 10:16 am

Solarflare stepped forward.

"We're in," he said, making a point to keep his arms folded across his chest.

----

Space Case and the other Autobots that had been following the New Dawn broke away from the Geangrai ship and moved as close to the Star Forge as possible without entering into the auto-defenses' range.

"Alright people," Space Case said to his wingmates. "Now we wait for Warpath and the others to get here."
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 25, 2009 10:24 am

"Kid, if you come you'll probably get killed and you are way too young for that," Corvus said with a frown down at Astri. "Seriously, stay here and play with your little . . . light-up toy." She gestured dismissively to the half lightsaber in the little girl's hand. "I'm not going to play babysitter."

Turning on her leather-booted heel, Corvus followed after Ordana and Lisan, fingering her side slightly where the knife Death had given her lay hidden beneath the black leather.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby zlcva » Sep 25, 2009 10:52 am

VACS skittered along the roof, following Lisan and the others at a distance. He sincerely hoped that he wouldn't get killed before the big battle started.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianerd » Sep 25, 2009 12:09 pm

"Aiy" said Shono steping forward out of the shadow of Solarflare "Speak for yourself" he muttered

David and Scrappy aproched the planet which seemed to be one big city, Scrappy seemed to recognise it "This is Orran!" he beeped David sat up and hit his head on the low parasteel canopy "Yes!" he yelled while rubbing his head "Now I can take my revenge on the emperor and who ever else was behind my enslavement"[/color]
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Lisan wordlessly created a solid bubble of telekinetic force around herself, Corvus, and Ordana. It sealed in the air they would need to survive the flight through space to the Star Forge. After she formed the bubble, Lisan lifted it into the air and they flew out of the New Dawn

Ordana glanced down nervously at the view of space between her feet. She could feel what felt like a floor, but there was nothing to see. She dearly hoped Lisan wouldn't be distracted by something and forget to maintain the protective force field.

Empress Kasandra Fury stalked through the halls of the Star Forge, her elite guard of Gungans trailing behind her. She was still very angry with Enyo for forcing her to take on the group of ugly, brainless creature as her guards. Who cared if she normally flirted with her guards? It's not like it kept them from throwing themselves in front of any stray blaster bolts aimed at her.

Finally Kasandra reached her personal shuttlebay, only to spot three strange woman and a little girl landing inside it.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Sep 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Astri nodded seriously. "I can handle it. I can help, I bet." She nodded to herself and stood as close to Corvus as she dared.
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

PreviousNext