This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ze Cavern Tavern I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ze Cavern Tavern I

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Mystery Mansion

I know a little Morse code (mainly because of a real finicky telegraph minigame>.< ), so I set about translating the "key" as soon as I realized what it was. I solve it the same way I'd solve any other puzzle, but instead of getting some cute phrase or cheesy joke, it says "GET OUT". It was actually REALLY creepy.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Arwenel » Jun 25, 2014 4:33 pm

This is Eden

So, nearly a year after i first considered it, i stuck some characters in This is Eden.

*psst* Ryadian -- it takes place in a town called Centreville, not Ditto Town. :)
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby Ryadian » Jun 25, 2014 8:12 pm

This Is Eden

Arwenel wrote:*psst* Ryadian -- it takes place in a town called Centreville, not Ditto Town. :)

...And this is why you post right away after reading up on something, instead of several months later. :P *Has some editing to do*
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jul 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Mystery Mansion

I believe this is where we post general thoughts on the Roleplays? If so, I apologize for Kai disappearing in the mystery mansion. I started working, and finals are coming up (with a bunch of papers due). I'm really sorry for disappearing, particularly to Booky and Lady A, whose characters Kai was interacting with. :ymblushing: I'll post tomorrow evening.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Mystery Mansion

Yup, this is the right place. And no worries! It's given Cor time to catch his characters up. :) Hope finals and papers are going/will go well!
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby stargazer » Jul 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Mystery Mansion

My apologies for disappearing as well. Out of town visits from family and all. I'm a bit lost as to what's going on. :ymblushing: I'll try to catch up over the next few days but in the meantime if someone has a way to get poor Angie back into the action, that'd be great.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Mystery Mansion

Is Angie still in the kitchen? (Maybe she spaced out, staring into her coffee?) I could have Cynthia go talk to her and get her up to speed on the happenings.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stargazer » Jul 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Mystery Mansion

Yup, that must be one great cup of coffee. ;)) For some reason Carly Simon's line in "You're So Vain" ("I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee") comes to mind.

We could say she was thinking about her husband and the other death she's heard about for a while, and go from there.

Thanks.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Mystery Mansion

I love that song! All right, sounds good. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 14, 2014 9:30 am

Mystery Mansion

For reference: the map pieces are here, here, here, and here.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Delia Death » Oct 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Mystery Mansion

The Mansion has now officially ended. If you would like to know how things turned out, you can read the resolution of the story in my last post. :) Depending on how the moderators hash things out afterward, you may receive a PM with some questions about your experience in the next few weeks.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Delia Death » Jun 24, 2015 11:00 am

Mystery Mansion 2

Good mortereve! This year's Mystery Mansion will open in about a week, on July 1st, so now is the time to indicate your plan to participate AND the character you intend to use. You can indicate your intention to participate here. Feel free to use the Tavern to discuss the upcoming Mansion with other writers.

Once you sign up for the Mansion, please PM myself (Delia Death) with a short summary of your character. Please do this before you build a full profile, as this is designed to help the Mansion team succeed in surviving. Each writer is only allowed one (1) character. It is up to your character to survive as long as possible, but keep in mind that your character is likely to survive longer if he or she is able to be part of a team.

You may use a character you have already created, as long as you are willing to modify them to fit specifications here. Characters may select one primary and one secondary strength, as well as one primary and one secondary weakness, from the list below. If the gamemasters feel like the team as a whole is overly weak in a certain area, they reserve the right to change a character's secondary strength to best fit the needs of the group. For the purposes of the story, if a challenge requires a certain strength, it is assumed that the character will be able to complete the task. If the writer feels uncertain in this, they can request assistance from the gamemasters.

For example, using stargazer’s Dan Baxter: Dan’s strengths would be Mechanical/Technical and Wilderness Survival. His weaknesses could be Animal Handling and Cooking. If a truck breaks down in the story, Dan automatically has the power to fix it. If the horses get loose, Dan is only going to make things worse, so he should probably sit back and let someone else go after the horses.

Strengths selected should compliment your character’s role. For example, if your character is a computer geek, "martial arts" would be a poor choice for a primary strength, while "hacking" would be more appropriate. Your character's appearance, gender, backstory, and all other details are of your own design.

If you wish to post your character's profile, you are welcome to do so here.

Characteristic List:
- Acrobatics/Flexibility
- Hand-to-hand Combat
- Long-range Combat
- Weapons Proficiency
- Marksmanship
- Strategic Planning
- Sleight of Hand
- Stealth
- Escapism
- Morality
- Investigation/Observation
- Logic
- Etic or Photographic Memory
- Animal Handling
- Insight/Intuition
- Healing
- Herbalism
- Cooking
- Foraging
- Building
- Mechanical/Technical
- Invention
- Metalwork
- Perception
- Wilderness Survival
- Tracking

If you have any questions, feel free to PM a moderator or post them here. Thanks!
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Mystery Mansion II

I'm in. I'll probably go with a completely new character as its been so long since I've written for any of my pre-existing ones... also, don't feel like digging through the archives to find them. ;))
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Mystery Mansion II

What? No Neal? :-o
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Mystery Mansion II

Not this time. Unless I *have to* under threats to my existence. ymwhisle
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Anhun » Jun 27, 2015 5:10 am

I'm playing. I'm making a new character named Dr. Valmai Dahktur. Her strengths are Healing and Escapism. Her weaknesses are acrobatics and cooking.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext