This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ze Cavern Tavern I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ze Cavern Tavern I

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 16, 2012 9:15 am

Zombeh Story

Wait, if you're basing it off of my timeline, does this mean you're roping my characters in already? :P
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Supernova

Hey all! Just wanted to give everyone involved in this RP a heads up that for the Burg plot, we will be doing a little time jump to the evening of Day 3. :)

Also, if anyone would like to make a cameo or guest appearance as someone from the political scene of Burg, feel free to drop in. You know.. if you're bored or somethun. ;) There will be a ball being hosted at Lawrence Manor, so I need more "extras" then just mine and Sil's characters.

Anyway, just letting y'all know what's going on in this plot line. :)
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Supernova

I don't mind doing a cameo or two, as long as it really is a, well, you know. Cameo. :P
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Dinode » Jun 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Supernova

How exactly does someone do a cameo? I might like to send someone, does it have to be political or could someone somewhat famous come too? If so I was hoping to do a best-selling author named Lewis Jackson ;) .
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Supernova

@ Wren. Truly just a cameo. Just have a character be at the party mingling, etc. and then... poof! They can never reappear again unless you want them too. :)

@ Dinode. Political or someone of importance in Burg/from Burg. So yeah, an author would work fine I think. ;)

Again, the only reason I'm trying to enlist y'all is just so I and Sil don't have to write for our characters PLUS all the party goers. ;))
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Supernova

I'm interested! I can barely keep my eyes open right now, but I'll think about a character and let you know. This should be fun. :D (Warning: As is the case with minor characters, they may end up becoming full-fledged characters and creating their own extra subplots. It's happened to me before. *coughJuliettaandRomanocough* ;)) )
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby narnianerd » Jun 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Zombeh Story

Nah, but the AES timeline is the most established timeline of Ditto Town history. :P But hey, if it gets you to join... ;)

General announcement

I'll be gone for the week. I may be able to get on, but probably not. Just letting Y'all know. :)
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 17, 2012 8:28 am

Supernova

Hey, Romano and Julietta were designed specifically for comic relief, and comic is just what they're doing. Or, rather, melodramatic. :P

Cor, I have a government official not from Burg that can be visiting the city and pop into your party.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Jun 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Absolute Terror

Hey y’all, it has come to my attention that my story summary fell short of its desired goals. So I’m here to clear some things up.

The Zombie Virus carrying Travelers are Humanoid Aliens from a distant world known as Kalyke to its native inhabitants. Long ago in Kalyke’s distant past a deadly disease evolved simultaneously with the Kalykian people, it caused symptoms rather similar to the ones found on Earth in the virus known as rabies. Except the virus on Kalyke didn’t immediately kill its hosts, instead it remained in the body for an unlimited amount of time and basically took the body over.

You see, this virus needs a host to survive. It won’t last more than a few hours in the open and if the body dies, it dies with it. So in order to protect itself the virus augments the host with powers such as super strength and super speed, however the worst part of this virus is that will use the host’s brainwaves to generate a hive mind which it uses to communicate with its brethren. This disease nearly wiped out the planets most early tribes and continued to plague the Kalykain’s throughout their history up until a millennium ago when suddenly the outbursts ceased, they had finally become immune.

Finally without the constant culling of their population, the Kalykain’s were now free to develop as a race, they left their tribal ways behind and became civilized and eventually forgot about Virus Z even as it lay in wait within their bodies for all those years.

This planet is where the Travelers come from.

Now they brought dormant Virus Z with them to Ditto Town, where our heroes must fight through a series of challenges in order to find a cure. Or die.

--
Other Stuff

I should have explained for those of you who don’t know, but I will now. This is Ditto Town; the characters can literately be from any world imaginable. It’s like the Final Fantasy game series, a bunch of characters from pop culture shoved into one world.

If you want to join, but you aren’t sure of what character you would use PM me, I’ve got some character slots that need filling, otherwise, if you know what you want, just make sure you let me know about it.

Zombies are controllable by anyone once the story starts (this excludes Zombies which were formally another authors character, of course)
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Dinode » Jul 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Absolute Terror

I just wanted to let everyone who hasn't checked out the post office lately that I'll be participating, does anyone have a character who can meet him in some nearby woods after he falls out of the sky?

Also, I intend for this adventure to open his eyes to his need for the Ditto Town equivalent of God (isn't he called the All? I forget). Anyone think they can be a mentor for him?
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Absolute Terror *or* Re: Ditto Town and God

Ditto Town does not have an official equivalent of God, for the same reason that it does not have an official Church structure. The reason for this is there are so many different views of God represented in DT that it, well, just didn't work. The talking animals have Aslan, the Jedi and Sith have the Force, the elves have their Father, and beyond them there are many representations of God--ranging from ones listed above to Christ himself. This actually was a huge discussion when Ditto Town's map was drawn out, since some wondered if it would be appropriate to have an official Church. Because of the reason listed above, however, the consensus was that if any religious-y sort of meeting needed to take place, it could take place in the Mansion or in one of the other locations around Ditto Town.

Further, the All was a character that Marshwiggle and Apprentice created specifically for the stories that their characters, and when they left Ditto Town, they requested that no one use any of these characters without their permission, since the stories involving those characters were over.

Hope that helps provide some insight on DT's view of God. :)
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Dinode » Jul 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Absolute Terror

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I'd still like some sort of mentor for Mango though, so if anyone's interested they can PM me.

Also, Ditto Town has a map? Cool, where is it?
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Silvan_Haven » Jul 09, 2012 7:21 pm

From what I know, they were going to make a map but decided against it. Ditto town is a rather vague place when it comes to where everything is, things are more or less only in positions relative to each other. FRom what I heard they wanted to keep it that way.
"The road the hell is paved with good intentions.

Heh,

So is the read to Heaven."
Silvan_Haven
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Ditto Town Map

Actually, not only does Ditto Town have its own map, but Dittotopia got a map, as did the entire solar system. I shall endeavor to find those links for you, Dinode.

EDIT:
The town map is here
The planet map is here
The solar system map is here
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Supernova

I will be gone for the rest of the week including the weekend, so don't freak out when I don't don't post anymore this week. ;))

By the way, I'm about to introduce a new character, so please don't have anyone trying to talk to Malcom. Thanks! :)
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Silvan_Haven » Jul 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Wow, either those are big continents or that is a small planet.

Forget what I said, looks like they have a map after all.
"The road the hell is paved with good intentions.

Heh,

So is the read to Heaven."
Silvan_Haven
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext