This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ze Cavern Tavern I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ze Cavern Tavern I

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 27, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm in. I'll have to create a new character, but I'm thinking stealth/acrobatics as the strengths with morality/cooking as the weaknesses.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby narnianerd » Jun 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Mystery Mansion II

Against my better judgement I have decided to join, Ainsley is just gonna have to die in a rapid manner.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Mystery Mansion II

Just a little reminder: while characters having sidekicks is perfectly fine, please only bring one character to the Mansion party itself. :)

Have fun Mansioning!
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Delia Death » Jul 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Mystery Mansion II

Hey guys, time to start pulling it in. The official mystery will start on the 7th, so everyone needs to be in the Mansion at that point in time. Also, due to time constraints, be forewarned that we will not have time to RP through the party--once most everyone arrives, the story will start.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Delia Death » Jul 14, 2015 12:02 am

Mystery Mansion II

Just in case anyone was wondering, your mission at the moment is to catch a zombie. So go have fun and don't chance getting bit. If you aren't sure about a particular action, feel free to post here or PM me.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Delia Death » Jul 21, 2015 6:19 pm

Mystery Mansion II

Hey all! So, couple things. First off, a quick reminder that you can discuss game strategy here in the tavern. This might be handy for planning. ;) Secondly, the Mansion was originally planned to last for about six weeks--and we just hit the 3 week mark. If the plot is not finished in the next three weeks, you won't all automatically lose or anything, but some players may not be able to continue playing past that point, so keep that in mind.

Now, down to business. We have something new to introduce to the game: badges!

We have three badges to give out at this time:
    Bookwyrm earned a red badge for being the first to arrive at the party.
    PrinceCor004 earned a blue badge for organizing the first tracking party.
    Anhun earned a blue badge for getting the other players to try to figure out how to cure/what caused the infection.
The way the badges work is pretty simple. There are three types of badges: red, blue, and green.
    Red badges are worth 1 point and can be earned for simple things, like being the first to do something everyone is expected to do (in this case, show up at the party).
    Blue badges are worth three points and can be earned for taking the initiative and doing things that move the plot forward (anything that helps the story progress when the story is stuck).
    Green badges are rare, and are reserved for things that the gamemasters deem to be extraordinary. This might be something that is not necessary to the plot, but shows off your character's character, and highly benefits the group as a whole. A green badge is worth 5 points.
While in most cases, only one badge will be given out at a time, the gamemasters reserve the right to "stack" badges. For instance, if a character does something that moves the plot forward and simultaneously saves the lives of other characters, the gamemasters might choose to award both a blue and a green badge. All gamemaster decisions regarding badges are final.

The gamemasters keep track of the points awarded. Points can be spent to increase the chance of a positive roll. (Example: if your character's strengths are finger painting and basketweaving, and they get cornered by a horde of zombies, they would have to roll a 1 to survive the attack. If they have three points, they can use those points to up their chances, so they only have to roll a 1, 2, 3, or 4 to survive the attack.). In cases where there are more than two possible outcomes, the player may choose where they wish for the increase to go. Points can also be spent to manipulate the rolls of others either positively or negatively.
    It costs 1 point to manipulate your own roll by 1 (max purchase: 5 points)
    It costs 2 points to manipulate another player’s roll by 1 (max purchase: 4 points)
Because of the introduction of points, there will be a small amount of lag time introduced to rolls. Once a gamemaster posts the chances of any particular roll, players have 24 hours to to apply points or to decide not to roll at all. Character(s) may choose to roll immediately, rather than wait 24 hours. Only the character rolling may make this decision.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Mystery Mansion II

I wasn't 100% sure what to say with Aron's debriefing in my post here, so if anything I said doesn't work, please let me know! Melian_Maia, I hope it was okay that I posted first. If Austyn has anything to add, please feel free. ;)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Bob Saget » Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks for writing with us, folks! We've got new writing threads coming out sometime soon. Stay posted in Ditto Town for further updates!
Good mortereve! Come on in, the water's great!
Bob Saget
Ditto Town Host

Previous