This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ze Cavern Tavern I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ze Cavern Tavern I

Postby stargazer » Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Supernova

I'll be offline this weekend (Friday-Sunday), camping with friends. I hope to make another post this evening, but the Baxters will be remaining in Camp Watzmilion and will be available to meet others in the Hopeful/Hunted subplot. Dinode, feel free to write a segment with Jenny giving them a tour of the camp.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Arwenel » Jul 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Supernova

I'm still here - just working, and a little unsure of where to go next. I'll try to write up profiles for the Archer family in the next few days, and find a way to hook up Josiah and Michelle with other Parksville people here shortly.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 23, 2011 11:38 am

Supernova

Sounds good, Arwenel! I'll pm you as soon as we reach a point where the Hopeful/Hunted plot characters can start convening. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Shade of the Poplar Trees, I am happy to announce, will start sometime early to mid August. I will post again once I have an exact date.

I would also like to make another announcement. Once Shade of the Poplar Trees is firmly on its feet, I'll possibly be opening up another roleplay; this one in a Steampunk style. If anyone would like to be involved in its early stages, feel free to PM me. I already have some plot ideas forming in my head, but I am very open to the ideas of the other members on here. :) I know there are a lot of Steampunk fans here on NW. (I would also like to thank The Rose-Tree Dryad for the idea, along with LadyA and Booky. :) )

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 24, 2011 9:50 am

Legends of Erandor

Today's the day! LoE has now officially begun in the Ditto Fountain. You can find the first post here.

For the beginning of the RP, it starts off in Erivale where they are having their annual harvest festival. You're welcome to have your characters join in the fun, or introduce them elsewhere.

And as always, PM Lonnie, Chloe, and I if you have any questions. :) I'm really looking forward to reading your introductory posts and getting this show on the road! :D
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stargazer » Jul 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Supernova

I'll be away for a few days, from tomorrow (Thursday) through next Monday. (For those who may have deduced any special abilities for the Baxters, please don't mention them in the story quite yet. Thanks. :) )
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Supernova

Ditto Gazer. I'll be gone too. shall try to post, though, in an airport or something.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby stargazer » Aug 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Supernova

I'm moving this weekend, so I won't be on much (if at all) for a few days.
stargazer

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Supernova

TO THOSE WHO PLAN TO INTERACT WITH DOCTOR LEWIS DREYMAN:

Lewis has an extremely powerful superpower which means that everything he says feels very persuasive to his listeners. It's not mind control exactly, but when people hear him reasoning to them or arguing with them, his arguments make sense in their minds and they choose to believe him and support him.

This persuasion does not wear off if you get far away from him or over time. If you want to be temporarily under his influence and be jerked out of it, PM me and we'll figure something out. He will have a weakness, but I'm not telling you all what it is yet. :P

The reason for this post is that those who interact with him have to act accordingly. His power will affect them; whatever he says will seem very logical and reasonable, even if it's not, and while they do have the ability to argue back and clarify, they'll come around to his reasoning in the end.

If you're not okay with this, just don't go around Dreyman. I'm sure you'll be fine.

-Sweeet
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Dinode » Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Supernova

Okay, so Lewis Dreyman's power is like Saruman's voice in The Lord of the Rings, except stronger? Also, does it effect animals?
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Aug 08, 2011 7:13 am

Supernova

@Dinode: Sounds right, if Saruman's voice in LotR is what I described about Lewis. I think that the power would not affect animals as strongly, even if they could think and talk, because Lewis has never had the occasion to reason with animals before and they aren't generally the sort of creatures that you convince. You usually command them. :P

and another note...

TO THOSE WHO PLAN TO INTERACT WITH CAT NICKLESON:

Cat's superpower is being awkward and clumsy to the millionth degree. Her awkwardness and clumsiness is so big that it affects people and things around her. She can make the most cool, calm and collected person start stuttering and losing their trains of thought just by being with them. She can make a building start to collapse by walking near it.

It's a really out of control power which, at the present time in the roleplay (Day 2) is not extremely strong, but which will mature and grow stronger as time goes on.

In a nutshell, if your character interacts with Cat, bad things will likely happen. She doesn't influence the thoughts of your characters, just the outcome of events-- i.e., your character could have a perfectly composed sentence in his head, all ready to say, and it would come out really badly worded or with lots of stuttering.

Again, if you're not okay with this, stay away from Cat. She'll feel lonely, but that's okay. :)
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Dinode » Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Supernova

I have made some additions to Jenny Taylor's character information. For all the details go here. In short, Jenny's father was executed for attempting to assassinate the president, but Jenny believes he was innocent. Any one who learns her full name has a chance of suspecting she's related to him.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Arwenel » Aug 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Supernova

So i go and start up some new story lines, then realize my posting will be sporadic over the next few days. Sorry. Might not be able to post at all tomorrow, though i should be able to write up something on Friday.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby stargazer » Aug 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Supernova

I'll be away from later this afternoon (Sunday), returning sometime Wednesday. I'll try to be online occasionally tomorrow and Tuesday but probably won't post in the RP until I get back.
stargazer

Postby Rising_Star » Oct 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Everyone

I'm really sorry I've been so absent from my roleplays lately. This month has been really hard for me with my schoolwork, but now that this month is winding down, I'll be posting soon. :)

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Dinode » Dec 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Supernova

I'm going to be out of town for about a week and a half, I'll still try to keep up, but I won't be as quick as usual.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext