This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ze Cavern Tavern I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ze Cavern Tavern I

Postby PrinceCor004 » Oct 15, 2009 9:44 pm

A Funny Thing Happened

WooHoo!!! Now I don't have to worry about putting the name of the RP in my post!!! :D :p

Congrats Ryan!
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby zlcva » Oct 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Sorry, this post is going to be a bit long…

Well my friends, I’m afraid that I will soon be traversing the path that most of my past contemporaries have gone. Due to various personal issues I’ve been going through of late, I’ve decided that my time to leave Ditto Town has at last come. :( As some of you may know, I went on what I’ve called a “forced sabbatical” nearly two years ago due to my parents realizing I was spending too much time in Ditto Town and not doing work that needed to be done in the real world. Well, after a year I had gotten my life in order and decided that I could return to Ditto Town, but only for a short time due to my getting married shortly thereafter. I first joined Secret Origins, and then started Time Rift, both of which lasted much longer than I originally anticipated. :P As time went on, I found myself drawn completely back into the marvelous world here, and have, unfortunately, come to the realization that I’m back where I started, totally consumed with all things Ditto Town.

And so, I shall be leaving, this time for good. I won’t say anything here that will leave me any room to return like I did last time. This chapter of my life is drawing to a close, and I must move on for my sake, and for the sake of my wife, who, unfortunately has been neglected to an extent because of the time I’ve been spending here. I’m eating a lot of humble pie here admitting this, but I think it’s necessary to show the new authors just how too much of a good thing can become a bad thing if you’re not careful with your priorities. In other words: don’t make the same mistake that I have. Keep Ditto Town in perspective, and don’t let it consume your life.

Now, all that being said, I’m not leaving Ditto Town right this very moment. I believe in finishing what one’s started, and I’ll be doing just that. But very quickly. Since Secret Origins appears to be wrapping up soon, I’ll be sticking that one out. Same with the Mansion (at least the first level, which is all I planned on participating in anyway). That leaves (Slightly) Less and Funny Thing. As soon as I’ve posted this, I’ll be writing myself out of A Funny Thing. And since my storylines in (Slightly) Less have involved other people, I’ll keep going with that, but I’ll try to wrap up my storylines as quickly as possible. I anticipate being done with everything by the end of the month, possibly a little into November if absolutely necessary. I will not be joining any new stories. (Narnianerd, I’ll PM you about your idea).

All that’s left to address is the wiki, of which I’m quite literally the chief editor with over 1200 edits. For the past week, I’ve actually been working on a brand spanking new wiki for Ditto Town due to my extreme dislike of its current residence on Scratchpad (I’ve come across some bad stuff on that site in the past). It’s not quite live yet, but it will be within the next few days. You can check it out now if you like: DittoTown.wikia.com, but please refrain from editing it until I get it fully up and running. The wiki has been more of a time consumer for me than the forum, and so I will be giving that up as well. I have a few more articles I’d like to create on the wiki, mainly as reference for formatting of future articles, and then that’s it. But the wiki will need an administrator to keep it going and make sure everything’s working the way it should. If you’re interested in the position, PM me and if I think you’re fit for the job (or if you’re the only volunteer ;) ) I’ll let you know what you need to do. Once the new wiki is fully functional, I highly encourage everyone to contribute articles, both by copying articles from the old one, and by making new ones.

And that’s it! This has been a fantastic journey for me, and I’m glad I got to “meet” all of you here. This doesn’t have to be goodbye, though. You can still keep in touch with me via Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. And, Lord willing, it won’t be the last you hear of Zacce Nalum and the world of Delantare either, as I have plans to create a video series based on them in the hopefully-not-too-distant future… ;)

--Zack Lawrence
www.ZackLawrence.com
YouTube.com/LeonaPrime01
Facebook.com/ZackLawrence
Twitter.com/ZackLawrence
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Rising_Star » Oct 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Bye Zack!

We'll miss you something awful. :( But I know what you mean, and I totally understand your reasons for going. It's really sad to see the original RPers slowly drifting off one by one, but you can bet I'll keep in touch via facebook.

I wish you and your wife all the best and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Zacce and Delantare in the future.

Re: A (Slightly) Less Normal Life. All I need for you to do before you leave is to make sure Jakov makes it back to Ditto Town. ;)) Since the Metru is your domain, I don't want to bypass any security or mess anything up or whatever. :P

I really hope you find someone to be an administrator for the Wiki site. I love that site and really like how it's all organized. Unfortunately I'm not computer savvy enough to volunteer to keep it up and running. :(

Anyway, you'll be greatly missed, and I'm really sad to see you go, but I know you're doing the right thing and that helps. :)

God bless!

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby narnianerd » Oct 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Goodbye Zack
Ok... I think tear's are coming into my eye's right now... Wow, you know what I think I'm seeing our idea fall apart right now since so much relied on you particapating... But I understand your reason for leaving, ditto town is begining to consume my life... to many rp's... I'm getting lost in ditto town and find myself waiting for a lot of the RP's to end themselfs... anyways, good bye and will we still see you on the forum? :-s
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby BuBbLyLu » Oct 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Bye Zack!

I'm sorry that you must leave us, Zack, even though I completely understand where you stand. I'm not as active as I used to be, but Ditto Town has a way of sucking you in if you're not careful. It's definitely not a place for the weak. ;)

You will definitely not be forgotten. Your writing, characters, and creativity has helped shape what Ditto Town has become today, a wonderful place for the imagination to run free. I'm really glad to have the privilege of writing with you. :)
graphics by hyaline12
BuBbLyLu
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 16, 2009 8:25 pm

We'll Miss You, Zack

We will miss you, Zack, but I understand. God bless you in your travels.

Timeline

I glanced over the timeline, and I realize it needs a bit of editing. Currently, it reads:

Ancient Era
Due to sparsity of reliable records, the details of the Ancient Era are conjectural.
Date Unknown
The Fountain is built by an unknown entity/entities in the middle of the ancient landscape before any known sentient lifeform inhabited Dittotopia.
c. 4500 BES
The Vortex Hive is placed in hibernation on the northern mountains.
c. 2500 BES
Time Lords settle Dittotopia and construct an underground city.
c. 1000 - 500 BES
300-year Time Lord-Rakatan War.
Time Lords and Rakatans are wiped out, along with every other advanced civilization in the Ditto Galaxy.
c.500 BES
Human Civil War (a.k.a. The Aftermath)
After Elven Settlement
0 AES
The Elves appear on Dittotopia and begin to settle the planet.
182 AES
Ditto Town founded by humans from the planet Columbia

There's a slight problem with this: The elves settled there BEFORE The Vortex went into hibernation, b/c The Vortex went into hibernation from fighting with the elves. Also, the only people on Dittotopia before the first elves were the Time Lords. The elves wouldn't have been obvious, and wouldn't have been in contact with anyone else.

So, it should be,
Ancient Era
Due to sparsity of reliable records, the details of the Ancient Era are conjectural.
Date Unknown
The Fountain is built by an unknown entity/entities in the middle of the ancient landscape before any known sentient lifeform inhabited Dittotopia.
After Elven Settlement
0 AES
The Elves appear on Dittotopia and begin to settle the planet.
c. 4500 BES
The Vortex Hive is placed in hibernation on the northern mountains.
c. 2500 BES
Time Lords settle Dittotopia and construct an underground city.
c. 1000 - 500 BES
300-year Time Lord-Rakatan War.
Time Lords and Rakatans are wiped out, along with every other advanced civilization in the Ditto Galaxy.
c.500 BES
Human Civil War (a.k.a. The Aftermath)
182 AES
Ditto Town founded by humans from the planet Columbia

Dates will need to be adjusted.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Rising_Star » Oct 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Time Line

But if the Time Lord-Rakatan War wiped out every other advanced civilization in the galaxy, would the elves have been wiped out too?

I thought we all agreed that it was Time Lords, Rakatan War (where everything was wiped out), and then the elves who came to Dittotopia while it was barren (or empty or whatever) because no one had lived there since the war.

I don't know where the Human civil war came from since no humans were supposed to be there until Ditto Town was founded (at least that's what I understood). So the elves would have been there LONG before any humans were, but after the Time Lord war and everything was gone.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus

Postby narnianerd » Oct 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Time Line
When I created The Aftermath I took "advanced civilization" to mean having loads of tecy stuff unlike the humans at that time who had only midevil style weapontry and the like. The Rakatan's and Time lords of the time would of hardly noticed this small villege of humans, humans were like native's of ditto town, however these humans exepting a small percentege of people never survived the civil war ((Notably among the survivors are the Benedict line)) so when the human settlers arived these humans merged with the humans from Columbia.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Rising_Star » Oct 16, 2009 9:29 pm

Timeline

But there was no Ditto Town for your people to come from. Not until after the humans from Columbia. So there was no one for your people to fight with either. Since there was just the elves. And they weren't conspicuous anywhere. They were lying low.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus

Postby narnianerd » Oct 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Time Line
I ment Dittotopia ok? Me and Booky worked out these bugs a long time ago... These guys lived in ditto village, which by the time of the first ditto revolution had been over run by the forest around it.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Time Line

Um, no we didn't. All I did was tell you that there was no Ditto Town until after the elves settled on Dittopia. You said something about Ditto Village, but we were in the chat room at the time and I wasn't paying very close attention. I know for certain we never discussed anything about an established bunch of humans living on Dittopia around the time of the TL/R war. I believe I may have suggested there could be refugees on the planet, but never said there was a stable population of them.

zlcva

I'm sorry to see you going again, Zach. :( It's been awesome RPing with you again, but I can understand why you're leaving. Ditto Town can take up a huge amount of time.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby narnianerd » Oct 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Time Line
So... What... Now... I don't think you ever said anything about refuges on the planet... All I know is that you said there could be humans living on the planet... I expanded within the bounds of history, I made sure that little of the population survived the R/TL war and civil war. Therfor did not mess up the founding of ditto town thingy...
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Time Line

While we're on the subject of early Dittopian history, I glanced at the profile for David Benedict and according to it, he's a member of a royal family. We've never had royalty running things in Ditto Town before and I really dislike the idea. Where exactly were you going with this?
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby narnianerd » Oct 16, 2009 10:27 pm

History, time line, David Benedict or whatever we feel like talking about thingy
No where, the royalty ended with the civil war... David has no clue about this little fact. It will never come up in David's time or for thousands of year's and even if he did know he would reject the post... It's how the Benedicts are.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby zlcva » Oct 17, 2009 8:12 am

Timeline
Yikes, I didn't realize I would open a huge can of worms with that edit. :ymblushing: The only reason I put the Vortex where I did was because of what I read in Crisis. It was said that they had been in hibernation for about 6,000 years, IIRC, so according to the math, that puts them at 4500 BES. I haven't gotten to the point in the story that explains how they were put into hibernation yet, so I didn't know it was the Elves. If I had, I wouldn't have even bothered putting it in the timelines because of the contradiction. :P Now I wish I hadn't anyway. ;)) I think I'll remove it until this all gets sorted out. ;)
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Marshwiggle » Oct 17, 2009 8:14 am

Farewell Zlcva!

Thanks for all you've done for Ditto Town! It's odd to see you go since we started joining the rplays at about the same time back when the Ditto Town residents just wandered around the Fountain and your Autobots made their first appearance. I know you're doing the right thing by straightening out your priorities and hope you'll be able to continue to enjoy DT as a fond memory. God bless!

Long live the Fountain Fellowship!
It's empty in the valley of your heart. The sun, it rises slowly as you walk. Away from all the fears. And all the faults you've left behind.

So long...for now.
Marshwiggle
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext