This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ze Cavern Tavern I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ze Cavern Tavern I

Postby Aravis_Tarkheena011 » Dec 31, 2011 10:25 am

*Enna comes into the Tavern with a stack of fliers in her arms. She walks over to the counter and from there she distributes them all over the dim room.*

The front of these fliers looks something like this:

And the back reads as so:

"Coming Soon To Ditto Town:

It is the year 2557 and the government has been awry for centuries. Ever since the world has become one country, things have been utter chaos. There has been corruption in every corner of the media, from the covering up of political deaths to the brainwashing that has become imbedded in all entertainment, but the worst part is that nobody realizes it. And, in the middle of all this deception, there have been disappearances. Children between the ages of 7 and 21 have been disappearing for no apparent reason and with no apparent pattern. The kidnappers? The government. The world’s citizens don’t know it, But power thirsty leaders of this world are scared. Not of grown men and women with the ability to sway the tide of fate, but of children: Children who are gifted. The Y.P.P.A (Young People Protection Agency)have, unbeknownst to the general public (and on the orders of the government) have been kidnapping children who have show peculiar aptitudes towards high intellects and, in some, even indications of something else. Magic. They have, for 67 years now, been abducting and sending to a secret academy, hidden deep in the woods and far under the ground, called G.I.F.T. as many of these children as they can find. Why? Because they fear that if these children are let to live freely upon the earth they will find the corruption that has been seeping through the cracks. Once they are brought to G.I.F.T. these young people are brainwashed into forgetting all of their past, and after this they are trained to work as government officials, news agents, Y.P.P.As, and one from every ten years will be elected as president of the U.W. (United World).

Some of the children, however, Have found ways to get through the brainwashing process without forgetting who they are. These children must find eachother without letting the others know and when they do they must find a way to escape G.I.F.T even if they have to sacrifice their own lives in the process.

Brought to you by: Silvan_Haven & Aravis_Tarkheena011

Honourable mentions: Lover of Narnia, Ithilwen, and Lady Arwen
"

*Enna clears her throat to catch all of the Ditto-er's attentions "For additional information or if you would like to join please PM either Sil or me. Thank you!"*

~Elaina
Christian, first and foremost.
NW Twin to Gathmandais
Aravis_Tarkheena011
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Rising_Star » Dec 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Supernova

Sorry I haven't been around, guys! Could someone please fill me in as to where my character is now and what he's supposed to be doing exactly? XD Thanks!

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 01, 2012 10:13 am

Supernova

I'm lost too; if anyone remembers (if not I know why XD) my characters, Bob and Allison/Ally, and wants to fit me in somewhere...let me know. :) Bob could see footprints even on concrete and Ally had Rapunzelesque hair, if that helps.

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Arwenel » Jan 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Supernova ~ Parksville people

Sorry for the delay guys, i'll post sometime tomorrow.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby stargazer » Jan 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Supernova

In my latest post, Dan Baxter might be almost asleep on his feet, but that doesn't mean he's not available for a brief conversation with the David or Lauryn about their adventures. ;)
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Warrior Of Narnia » Feb 10, 2012 11:07 am

Supernova

I was just commenting this morning to LON that I have no idea where anything is in here any more :P...and I'm supposed to be a subcaptain! :P

If a person well versed in SuperNova would pop me a PM or something to explain where everything's at, It would be appreciated.

And... OOC Not in relation to a RP

Wanted to bring everyone's attention to a piece of Software that I've written...Called Forum Formatter.

I wrote it to help with Post Loss...I've heard countless stories (and had it happen to me) where a long and meticulous post has been lost through one circumstance or another. A Browser Crash or Accident, whatever....

It's Free! (though you can donate to it's development if you want) You can get it here: Melvin Software - Forum Formatter

And please, if you use it and like it, use the Suggestions Feature in the Help Menu to send me any ideas that you have to make it better. :)
"We are Spartans... impossible is what we do."

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Sisters - LON (RL), Chloe, Rosie
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1
Warrior Of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Arwen » Feb 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Yup, I did it. This Is Eden is an open RP (meaning anyone can join) that has no real plot. I intend to use it to experiment with some characters, so every now and then I might throw in some plot structure, but this is largely a happy-go-lucky story. This story is NOT intended to be part of Ditto Town's history, thus I've placed it in the wonderful city of Centreville, which doesn't exist. :P Have fun! The first post is here.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby MountainFireflower » Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am

This Is Eden

Oh, this is brilliant. I love unplotted RPs. ;)) I'm in. :D

I'm definitely going to put Julietta in. Other than that, I might add some more characters. We shall see. :)

It's exciting to see the Ditto Fountain revived again. :D
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stargazer » Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm

This is Eden

Great idea! I'm thinking of using some of my existing characters - but in ways they'd likely object to in their home stories. ;))

I'll likely start with the Baxters and Norwoods from Supernova (without any of their supernova abilities). The opening post I'm considering (which may not appear until next week) will have a few surprises for poor Dan.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Arwenel » Mar 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Supernova

I've been pretty busy with video ga - er, i mean work; yeah, work - lately, but i'll try and post something tomorrow.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby stargazer » Mar 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Supernova
This is Eden

My RP posting the next couple weeks will be reduced or delayed, as I'm taking a trip to Seattle.
stargazer

Postby stargazer » Jun 08, 2012 1:08 pm

*dusts off a table in the empty Cavern Tavern*

Supernova - notably the Parksville group

Once again, I'll have limited internet access over the next few weeks as I help extended family move cross-country and then visit friends in another part of the country (roughly June 9-26).

I don't want to hold up any subplots, so during this time the Baxters and Norwoods can be used by other writers to advance the plot. But please keep these guidelines in mind while doing so:

1. Don't kill or seriously/permanently maim anyone. ;)
2. Please try to keep their behavior consistent with earlier posts (for example, Dan loves and protects his family, but it's extremely unlikely he'd kill anyone in doing so. He's more likely to find some other way out).
3. In these 2 families, only Holly has consciously shown any abilities. Please do not give any more abilities (or reveal any suspected powers) to any of my other characters.
4. Holly's restrictions: She understands (as much as any child her age can) that she must be very careful in using her ability around others.
-Her healing touch is pretty limited, to comparatively minor injuries or
illnesses, and in most cases will only work on people she has a close
connection to. She doesn't yet know this, however, and a 'failed' in-story healing attempt that reveals this is okay.
5. One or more (in any combination) of the three little girls (Grace, Holly, Ivy) can be captured and taken to Quadrant 9 as we've discussed. Note that this will almost certainly prompt their families to try a rescue, but we can work this into the plot as discussed.

If you have questions, or want to run an idea by me (and can wait a day or several for a reply) feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Thanks!
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Jun 11, 2012 10:49 pm

DITTO TOWN PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Greetings! Please note that the section rules have been updated. You can see the revised rules here. Please take a moment to read them. :)
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby narnianerd » Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Absolute Terror

In the distant past, Ditto Town has weathered some pretty crazy stuff. Siths, Time Rifts and Drakons are among the many things that have threatened the existence of Dittotopia itself. But this time it's different, much different; this is Absolute Terror. This is Terror that no one planned, that no one expected. In this story the only evil mastermind is evolution itself.

A group of travelers from a distant galaxy, a deadly and gruesome disease for which the inhabitants of Ditto Town have no immunity, evil seeping through the cracks of peace. Fear, anger and all such primal instincts are up front and in-charge. Dead walking through the streets, searching for targets. Searching for food.

Zombies. Now is a perfect time to panic.

Hey y'all, this is a Teaser Post for a Zombie-Style role play that will be set in Ditto Town. I've set this up to see if the interest is here, from what I've seen in chat and in other places around the forum there is, but I figured I'd make it official and see if I can't get some feedback from those who haven't heard my plans yet.

Since these are just plans, many of the questions you may have to ask me might go unanswered until I answer them for myself. :P But if you shoot a PM my way, I'll be willing to give your questions a shot. Be aware that in the coming weeks, a much more detailed posts will be put up detailing... Well... The details of this RP.

- Little Joe
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 14, 2012 1:52 am

Zombies? I am so in. I await further information, Sensei Joe.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby narnianerd » Jun 14, 2012 3:50 am

Absolute Terror

Hey Y'all, I'm back with a detailed description of the early plot of the Zombie Style Role Play that I've been planning. B-)

The Story

Just ten years after the events of Crisis in the Snow, a new threat has arrived in the form of some very lost travelers. These travelers and their ship fell through an ill placed Worm Hole. Now of course, this Worm Hole led to where all Worm Holes lead; right to the Ditto Galaxy.

Like all lost travelers in distant galaxies, this crew limped their battered space ship to the only habitable planet in the Galaxy they could detect with their scanners. Dittotopia. What they were surprised to find was that not only was this planet habitable, it was in fact a habitat for a melting pot of races, species and people.

Billions of people, none of whom had ever been exposed to that exact galaxy and the diseases that had been bread there. With every passing moment these travelers remain on Dittotopia, the laws of physics and biology dictate that they would transfer all sorts of diseases and illnesses to the natives, some far worse than could possibly be imagined.

It was supposed to be a fairy tale, something that adults told to children to scare them into being quiet during camp outs. You'd think that they would have figured it out by now, fairy tales always have morals.

On the traveler’s home planet, there was a rumor, a whisper that once very long ago in the distant past there had been a disease. A curse that drove men wild, this curse was told to cause men to lose their mind and become cannibals. However just like us humans, the nature of those people caused them to dismiss these myths as mere camp fire tales and nothing more.

And now, they went and brought this curse upon Dittotopia.

Zombies. Run or Die.

Other Info

If you are interested in joining or just have questions, shoot me a PM. :D The Role Play itself will hopefully start in Mid July to the beginning of August, hopefully that will us enough time to get characters down pat and me enough time to smooth out the plot.

This is the first Role Play I've started since I was twelve or thirteen and probably the only one I ever should have started, so I hope that we'll have a ton of fun with this one.

(Yes, I did take the format of this post from Rosie's Supernova intro post, so thanks to her for that. :P)

- Sensei Little Joe

PS. If you are one of the newbies to Ditto Town and have no idea what Dittotopia is or what Crisis in the Snow is all about, don't be afraid to ask. One of my main reasons for creating this Role Play is to introduce the actual Ditto Town to Y'all. Just shoot me a PM and I'll try my best to explain, or send you onward to someone who knows more than me.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

PreviousNext