This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ze Ditto Town Mansion

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ze Ditto Town Mansion

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Aug 23, 2010 6:31 am

Kari absorbed the information. "What do you get if the amulet is reassembled?" She asked. "Is it just that everything will magically balance out?"

"That doesn't seem exactly fair." Xerec said thoughtfully. "Isn't it by choice that the Kiotaie and the other tribe have become evil? Is it out of their hands, or something like?"
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby narnianerd » Aug 23, 2010 10:11 am

Shono took all this in silently, it seemed that the others didn't take into consideration a few facts, first off, were these creatures telling the truth, secondly could this space and time distortion chamber jump universes. Because he was sure that the mansion had transported them to an alternate universe during this Game they were involved in.

Another thing to take into consideration, wouldn’t of the game master prepared for the Space and Time distortion chamber? I mean after all, it was his game and the rules left no reason for them to be allowed to jump out of it using the chamber.

While all this was going on in Shono’s mechanical head Matthews bio brain was utterly blank, and just taking in every thing. Before “How can we tell your telling the truth?” he asked out loud, minutes after Shono had thought it in his head, Shono facepalmed.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Aug 25, 2010 10:26 am

"That's quite a story to make up on the spot," Cosmi said slowly, still pondering it himself. "I think we can trust what they've told us. I believe them." He doubted if the device would really bring them back to their own universe, but they had to do something.

The Mouse glanced from Treasa to his master. Perhaps what she says is true, he thought. It's what she might not be saying that worries me. She seemed harmless, but then, so had Mona. Better to have one's fears dispelled than to be caught unawares.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 25, 2010 3:40 pm

"The amulet serves as the key to the Door that only the Honored Ladies passed through," Treasa replied. "Once it is opened, our research tells us that there are many devices that can be used to re-balance our world, you see."

"I don't think they do."

"Well, let me see if I can explain the history of the Honored Ladies. Perhaps that may help.
"The Honored Ladies are the last remnants of the old civilization that was on this world. When they were young, they were forcibly taken from their home. They were sisters, about ten years apart. Before either could return, almost the entire population was wiped from this world, courtesy of the Sith that had taken them. They had their revenge, and eventually returned to this world, to rebuild it. Between the two of them, they were able to, using the DNA of those passed on, to re-create the four basic people groups that had lived here previously."

"And they learned to create immortal genes," Isra added.

"At a price," Treasa murmured. "The elder Honored Lady, out of desperation, put those experiments to work too early, to save the younger when she fell ill. It had many bad results, and both sisters died shortly thereafter, before it could be undone. We don't know if it can be. But we do know that, once in the upper level of the library, we can find out. That was their workplace. And it has all the notes from their experiments."

Treasa paused, then looked to Xerec.

"I think that partly answers your question, too. And no race is any more evil than any other. They just have worse effects on some races than others. As for you,"--her gaze shifted to Matthew--"You may either believe us, or not. However, if you don't, do your best not to wander too far from the city."

"So...will you at least retrieve the first for us? There you will have a guide." Isra said, smiling.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Anime_tor95 » Aug 26, 2010 2:18 pm

with sweeetlilgurlie's permission

Kraid spun the knife through his fingers, as he always did when he was thinking hard.

He thought it perfectly logical to believe the women. After all, they were asking them to do a job...perhaps if they completed it, they could get out of here.

But then again they could be lying, death could be right around the corner.

He spun the knife faster and pondered between the two choices.

But he had already made up his mind, he would have to believe them if he was to have any chance of leaving.
Breaking the boundaries is the first step to adventure.
Anime_tor95
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Sylvia removed a handful of sawdust from a pocket and sprinkled it on the floor. Within a few seconds, a lounge chair shaped from saplings had grown into place. She settled down onto it and listened to the story, quiet for once.

"Would those two Honored Ladies happen to have names?" Sylvia asked. "But I'm in. Sounds interesting."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 02, 2010 5:08 pm

"Of course they do," Isra smirked. "However, their names are long and respected. So no one says them. Takes too much effort."

Treasa frowned at Isra.

"Their names are Vanya Miriel Kelliana de Sayana and Meav Ni Mallacht Beannaigh Claralynn de Sayana."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Sep 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Kari's eyes opened wide. The names were familiar to her from so many stories. "So they existed in this timeline, too..." She whispered. Then she composed herself. "I'm ready. What do we do first? Show us how to start."

Xerec readied herself for just about anything-- and envied Sylvia her beautiful lounge chair.
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Treasa's quick ear caught Kari's whisper, but she, wisely, said nothing. Deep within, however, she yearned to know what these ladies had been like in Kari's world. Both of the Honored Ladies were a cypher that the elemental only wished she could decode. After looking about, and seeing that the other travelers nodded their ascent, Treasa slipped off of the table and began walking deeper into the heart of the library.

"This way," Isra said over her shoulder, following Treasa. "There are too many of your company that could never survive the stairs."

After several minutes of winding in and out of bookshelves, pillars and reading tables, as well as skirting a number of sunlit areas, the travelers reached a large covered atrium. The strange patterns on the floor, which had been barely noticeable before, were much more obvious, and entwined with each other around a large metal disc. Without hesitating, Treasa walked to the centre of the disc, her bare feet making no noise on the inset. Isra followed, slowly.

"You will want to come here," Treasa said, her voice suddenly loud and echoey. "Stand as close to the middle as possible."

After a few moments of scuffling, all had arranged themselves in the centre of the plane, and it began to rise, apparently by its own accord. It gained speed as the ascended, passing floor after floor after floor, filled with books and scrolls. They could catch little glimpses of the readers, all quiet, all lost within the worlds they were reading of.

"The histories of all the worlds are said to be found within this library," Treasa said. "I doubt it, but it certainly does have exhaustive resources."

It grew steadily brighter as they rose, as, apparently, they approached ground level and more windows.

"Because it is still day, we will not leave by the main library entrance, as that would take us out of doors too soon. We will leave by the southgate."

"Which, if you're curious, points east," Isra added.

Treasa rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, that will get us out of the city, and hopefully we will be able to find Kiev without too much trouble...." Treasa shook her head. "We will see."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Oct 09, 2010 11:29 am

"We were underground?" Kari murmured, feeling like at idiot for not realizing it sooner.

Xerec, who was next to her, nodded knowledgably, "Of course." The library had felt a bit like a cave to her. She always had that feeling underground--a homey feeling.

"Why don't we want to go out of doors in the daytime?" asked Kari, "And does it take longer to get to the southgate or something? Are we going east?"
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 14, 2010 1:22 pm

"Yes, the library is arranged so that, even on the lowest floors, which are underground, we get natural lighting," Treasa replied. "We will not be going out of doors while it is light because of the...adverse effect it has on Isra. The southgate is closer to where we need to go, and yes, it does point east. No idea why, or who named it that. Anyway, we'll come out closer to the wooded areas, and in the shade of the evening."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Treasa kept moving, out of the library, and winding though the narrow passageways between buildings. The shadows protected them from direct sunlight, and they soon made their way to the gate. The gates, like the huge disc they had ridden on, moved seemingly on their own, and they were soon in the soft coolness of the forest. The sun was sinking rapidly, and a few fire-fly like creatures were seen floating around. Isra moved closer to Treasa.

"Evil little creatures," she muttered, pulling her sleeves down to cover her hands.

"Kiev!!!" Treasa called softly, and turned around, her eyes searching.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Sonny » Jan 05, 2011 10:26 am

Roj, though a hearty boy, and used to hard work in his father's mill, was weary from the journey. He swatted away the glowing bugs as he sank to the ground and leaned against an ancient oak tree. He shivered when Isra muttered about the bugs, though he wasn't sure if it was because the air was getting chillier, or because he felt very uncomfortable with Isra, or because of the "evil little creatures," which seemed to be increasing in number. All he knew was that he did not like being in the is place.

And his mother was going to be worried. They'd send out a search team... oh, no, they'd enter the Mansion and be trapped too! Roj jumped up, panicking. "Hey, we've got to get out of here!" he said with a wild look, and grabbed Kari's arm, because she happened to be closest to him.
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Jan 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Kari's eyes searched the darkness for the person that was meant to be their guide. She wondered what sort of species he or she or it could be. "Are those fireflies?" She whispered aloud. It seemed like the sort of place where one should whisper.

Then Roj grabbed her arm, and she jumped. "Whoa, calm down! We'll get out soon. Besides, I've got a blaster," She said, meaning to be comforting.
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jan 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Dayea walked slowly near the back of the group. She didn't like the feeling in the air and around her. Every muscle was taut and she was listening intently. Quietly, she loosened the strap around her bow so it could swing into her hand at a moments notice. The atmosphere seemed to be charged with energy. Was that just her or something from the fireflies (or whatever they were)... or something else? Whatever it was, she was ready.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 06, 2011 10:52 pm

"And I'm a goddess. Anything messes with us, I'll smite them," Sylvia said, with something of a nasty grin. She looked rather like she would enjoy smiting something.

"Be quiet, nasty sunshine girl," Desdemona interjected.

"How's about I plant a tree in your heart?"

"Try it and I'll dine on your heart's blood. I wonder if it tastes of roses?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

PreviousNext