This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Library

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Library

Postby stargazer » May 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Yet another in the Bad Alternate Reality posts - with the next one (Abby's reset) coming in a few days (if everyone's ready - but even if that one's posted, it'll allow us to explore this alternate reality/HTD plotline).

This latest one answers Varna's questions posted earlier: Shannon has returned Jade/Molly to her home universe; she's the only "Molly" there. It does introduce another fly in the ointment, as it were: the alternate reality extends past Ditto Town into the gargoyles' home world.

However, that doesn't mean that the original isn't still alive and well, in much the same way Sonny describes above with the De Honds seeing both sides of things.

Varna, I'm not familiar with the series you mentioned in your most recent post above, but that might be another part of how we (or our characters) end up resolving this.

Enna and Ravenbrook, please don't let this odd plotline discourage you from continuing participation! If we end up with dual storylines going, it means our original characters are around, and (most likely) available for interaction! I suggest sending a PM to the writer (or writers) you'd like your characters to interact with.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Varnafinde » May 01, 2012 4:22 pm

So that portal is not a special portal between realities, it is a normal portal between universes, only in the other reality (of course portals between universes is a completely normal thing 8-| - at least in Ditto Town ;) ).

And in her own reality, Molly is now an orphan, but she's back with her own people in their universe.
I think it's better for Molly to go with her own clan than staying with Shannon - Shannon means well, but she knows too little about how to raise and care for a gargoyle. I don't blame her, I wouldn't have known so myself either.

Oh, - and a beautiful segment.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby leuthilalda » May 03, 2012 7:23 pm

The dittotown elder strolls into town and hears rumors of strange and terrible happenings. It becomes evident that he has been away far too long.

Greetings everyone. I am not sure how to interact with the 4/1 story arc, although one small contribution does come to mind. Save for that, I will probably just let you all continue until the "Reset." I have trouble getting my mind around alternate reality stuff :)
Hail, Cameron Rhodes. May you always have the best mushrooms in the Shire, and keep a sharp watch out in service to King Peter.
Narniaweb Chamber Orchestra
Neutralist Party.
Defender of the Order of the Cricket
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » May 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks Varna. I enjoyed writing these past few segments...I still like a happy ending. (by the way, I'd enjoy reading about your character's trip to London!)

Hi leuth! Great to see you about. :) I'd like to see your contribution, if you'd like to share it with us.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby leuthilalda » May 03, 2012 7:34 pm

stargazer wrote:I'd like to see your contribution, if you'd like to share it with us.

It has yet to be written :D I will see what I can do over the weekend, and will PM it to you first.

And I could probably do some interaction with Enna if her character is near the fountain at this time.
Hail, Cameron Rhodes. May you always have the best mushrooms in the Shire, and keep a sharp watch out in service to King Peter.
Neutralist Party.
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » May 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Very good leuth! (No pressure or anything :) )
stargazer

Postby Sonny » May 05, 2012 12:03 pm

OK OK OK! Now I have to write a post where Loren and Eliana wake up from being knocked unconscious. I think for storyline sake, they will have been knocked out long enough for the previous events to occur. That way I don't have to back-track in the timeline at all.

I am flattered that y'all liked my idea... :ymblushing:
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aravis_Tarkheena011 » May 08, 2012 1:16 pm

My character is, indeed, near the fountain right now, Leuthilalda. Perhaps we could work out an interaction of sorts.

~Enna
Christian, first and foremost.
NW Twin to Gathmandais
Aravis_Tarkheena011
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stargazer » May 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Fun posts, leuth. I like the use of the bush and the description of the birds. Excellent use of the different font colors and points of view as well.

Don't let this discourage any additional posts in the 'alternate' plotline, but...

Here comes Abby's RESET post.

Or maybe not? ;))
stargazer

Postby leuthilalda » May 13, 2012 8:12 pm

If there is going to be an explanation of this, some of my characters would love to be around to hear it ;). Of course, they are already in the next morning after the events in question, so they may have to get it second hand after the first discussion. :D
Neutralist Party.
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » May 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Abby's RESET post (the real one!) will come sometime this week, I think. Then I might fast-forward to sunset and a discussion between Abby and Erik in which he theorizes on what's happened (my take on all this is the parallel-multiverse concept used in the first couple seasons of the TV series Sliders).

leuth, this might be a great chance for a little collaboration. Maybe Rose and Toby go to the Emporium to see what's going on, and the discussion can go from there? PM me if you're interested (but no pressure to do so, and no immediate rush).

(And perhaps this could tie into your interaction with Enna's character as well, if that's agreeable with both of you).
stargazer

Postby Ryadian » May 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Haha, stargazer. :P I have to admit, when I first read "son", I was trying to figure out how I misread it. :P I suppose it just wouldn't be April Fool's without one more twist! ;)

leuth: I like how you incorporated Rose's dreaming into all of this--very cool! :) (Can't imagine the headache your characters must have right now, though! XD)

Just posted the "real world" version of Ryana and Kirane's conversation. That was intended as a one-off post, so I can jump back into the "bad reality" any time we want. :)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby starkat » May 15, 2012 5:09 am

I didn't mean to drop off so randomly. My life's kind of exploded schedule wise the last couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll get to post again before June. I'll try and get caught up on all the recent posts as soon as I can.
starkat

Postby leuthilalda » May 18, 2012 4:41 am

And so my "mini-arc" ends. Hopefully, there will be some more discussion at the Emporium, but we will need to collaborate on those segments :)
Neutralist Party.
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » May 20, 2012 12:33 pm

And... we're back. :)

My characters are available for collaboration.
stargazer

Postby Ryadian » May 21, 2012 11:02 am

This is so much fun to watch!! :P :D (Okay, so I'm participating, too, but... you know what I mean. :P )

Okay, I've got a question which might apply more to people who have been around since at least story 5. Basically, my next segment (for now) is starting with Kirane asking Ryana more questions about the town's history, and I realized a problem. Ryana pretty much only got involved after the Organization tried to take over the town, so she wasn't involved in the discussions/battles/etc. when certain details (e.g., the Fountain of Youth, how many people used to work for the Organization, etc.) were revealed. So, how much do we want to say is common knowledge for Dittopians, and how much might a member of the Patrol know compared to others?

(To clarify--I'm not planning to go into extensive detail in this post, but an idea of how much Phoenix Archer should know would really help. :P :) )
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

PreviousNext