This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Library

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Library

Postby stargazer » Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am

Nice ending, Ryadian. (As we discussed last evening ;) )

The cat's out of the bag now; I posted another segment in our mini-story arc.

*is curious to see new posts from Ryan and Ravenbrook and other writers*
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby leuthilalda » Oct 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Aravanna wrote: Birds everywhere! I'm going to have to make a list of who's who and what kind of bird they are or I'm going to be lost. :ymblushing:

Now that we have gotten them introduced, here is a list (to maybe someday be put into the post office :) ). There are three families which will be involved in the story:

Mocking Birds: The father is Skra, the mother is Skrae and their son is Skrain.
Mourning doves: The father is Koo, the mother Koora, their son is Koolin and their younger daughter is Koolarin. (Koolin and Skrain are about the same age).

Cardinals: Reg, and his wife Regina. They have no children yet.

Other birds who made cameo appearances: Skreer, the head of the Mockingbird clan, and Nightgleam, an owl who, it appears knows Toby and Rose from their life in Narnia.

Note that Koo and Koora made a cameo vocal appearance in the previous story.
Hail, Cameron Rhodes. May you always have the best mushrooms in the Shire, and keep a sharp watch out in service to King Peter.
Narniaweb Chamber Orchestra
Neutralist Party.
Defender of the Order of the Cricket
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravanna » Oct 24, 2009 11:27 pm

See 'gazer, I knew you weren't the deceptive type. ;) Love it you two! And ditto about the new members posting more.

*wonders what Leuth is up to with his flock of birds* They're a fun addition, and they seem like they'll fit right in. I'm moving Lucid out by the way. ;) He'll try and keep in touch, and I bet Champion will want to keep in touch with Bob.

Anyways, JillPole helped me brainstorm this latest segment. :ymhug: I hope nobody minds a little bit of municipal planning between the two of us. All locations, concepts, and characters (except Lucid) introduced in this segment are intended for general use... you know, if any of you have a pressing need to include a geothermal power plant and its employees in your next plot or intrigue. ;)

EDIT: 6000th post. B-)
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Rising_Star » Oct 25, 2009 12:50 am

Okay everyone, confession time.

I'm considering pulling out of the Ditto Story. I know I barely started, and I really do like the characters I created, but I'm finding absolutely no inspiration concerning them. The blank Word document keeps mocking me, and I have no idea what to write.

I think I've got too much writing to get done as it is. Getting ready for NaNo, working on getting scholarships (i.e. writing essays), and keeping up with my two most popular fanfictions is draining my creativity to the point where it's hard for me to figure out what to write with the RPs, let alone the Ditto Story where my characters are not interacting with anyone. :P

So yeah, I haven't made a definite decision yet, because I do want to keep going, but yeah. This explains my lack of posting.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby stargazer » Oct 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Sounds like you're very busy,Ryan! Best wishes on all those ventures. You're always welcome back into the story if you're so inclined in the future - and as for future interaction with other characters, just drop one or more of us a PM, and we'll see what we can work out. :)

Thanks for listing your bird families and names for us, leuth. Nice to see them entering town!

Congrats on 6000 posts, Aravanna. I could see Erik poking around that geothermal power plant sometime, given the high power demands the Emporium must have. ;)
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Varnafinde » Oct 28, 2009 4:10 pm

From starkat's segment:
"No matter how far we may be apart, we will always be together."

I love that!
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby stargazer » Oct 28, 2009 7:01 pm

I like that as well. Another nice touch from your recent segments, kat, is the contrasting thoughts Katherine has regarding her link with her husband - "it's difficult" and "it's a good thing."
stargazer

Postby starkat » Oct 29, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks guys. I've still got quite a bit more up my sleeves. I'm sorry I haven't kept up with commenting on everyone's segments, but I shall endeavor to catch up this weekend. For the first time in a couple of months, I don't really have anything scheduled. :)
starkat

Postby stargazer » Nov 01, 2009 11:34 am

Very interesting addition, kat! Thanks for filling in some of the blanks between Katherine and Gwanuig's departure through the rift and their arrival in Manhattan - looking forward to more. :)
stargazer

Postby starkat » Nov 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks 'gazer. I finally got the second part of that up. Had to find time to write it and finally figured out when. :)
starkat

Postby starkat » Nov 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Double posting, but it has been a few days. ;)

This is the segment that can force the story two ways. The package that was stolen was indeed the waters that gave the Graysons and Gibsons their abilities.

The major change: everyone forgets all of them and they never participated in anything in town.

or and this one is the more likely of the two probably...

that the only thing happens is that they lose their abilities and they know they lost them.

I shall leave it up to ya'll to see where this particular angle ends up. ;))
starkat

Postby stargazer » Nov 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Wow, kat...just wow. :ymapplause:

Another reason why I like the ditto story so much...all the different authors contributing various ideas. (And the fact that I've been reading the time travel thread, and watching time-travel episodes in Lost, reminds me of how much fun time travel can be).

Either option would be really fascinating to pursue...full of implications and plot twists for the inhabitants of our little town. :)
stargazer

Postby stardf29 » Nov 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Well, after what has to be well over two months, I am back in the Ditto Story! This seg should catch everyone up on what's been happening, but more importantly, there's going to be more about how the whole structure of the Star Defenders works. I won't explain everything right away, though... see what you can figure out on your own.

And yes, that's a lot of new Star Defenders. Don't worry; for the current arc, only two of them will be of particular importance and will be focused on. The rest will get their day in the limelight in future arcs or side arcs.

Other than that, I will likely be pressed for time now that I'm at where I'm at, so bear with me if segs take a while to get written...
"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.
stardf29
Moderator Emeritus
I'm on a goat.

Postby leuthilalda » Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

starkat wrote:...I shall leave it up to ya'll to see where this particular angle ends up. ;))

Would it be fair to say though, that if the first option were chosen, Dittotown would no longer exist, or would be under total control of the Org? I would assume that they would still have been interested in the fountain. (Or to put it another way, I vote for the second option.)
Hail, Cameron Rhodes. May you always have the best mushrooms in the Shire, and keep a sharp watch out in service to King Peter.
Narniaweb Chamber Orchestra
Neutralist Party.
Defender of the Order of the Cricket
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby shastastwin » Nov 13, 2009 10:02 pm

I agree. Trying to affect all of the effects of Option 1 would be so...involved. Not that it wouldn't be fun, but it might be a bit of a strain.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby stargazer » Nov 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Nice to see you (and your Star Defenders) about, stardf! :)

A few more thoughts on the 'reset' in kat's post:

- the extra-dimensional characters (like the Star Defenders and the gargoyles) were not in the Ditto World at the time of the reset and thus might not be affected. This could introduce some fun complications.

- a while back we discussed the prospects for a unifying, overarching plotline for story 8. Perhaps this reset and its consequences could be such a plot - or perhaps be a big part of it? It certainly could take a while to explore all the side effects if we're so inclined.
stargazer

PreviousNext