This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Library

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Library

Postby Shawna » Jul 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Okay. I've got another idea which I mentioned to Ryadian already, but it can definitely wait. In the mean time, I'll just keep working on my solo story.
author webpage: http://shawnacanon.com
Shawna
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Shawna » Jul 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Welp, guys, I started writing a Ditto Story of my own. Not sure how long it's going to end up being. I went ahead and started posting it on AO3, so if you want to, check it out.

It's hard to come up with a good title or summary for a story you've only just started, so for now it's just called "A Vampire Fancier Solo Adventure" although I do plan to bring in a couple other Ditto Town characters (and obviously a lot of vampires are involved).

Edit: I removed the story, as I'm not actually sure when it'll get finished, and I hate to have it hanging out there unfinished. Once it's done, I can put it up one way or another.
author webpage: http://shawnacanon.com
Shawna
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stargazer » Jul 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks for that link, Shawna. I enjoyed the segments you've posted; it was like old times reading about the Fancier and her charges. :)
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Sonny » Sep 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Hey y'all. Wow. I miss this place.
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ryadian » Dec 17, 2017 10:57 am

Well, with the announcement that this place is getting closed down soon, I just wanted to take a moment to stop by and tell you guys how much you all have meant to me over the years. This was one of my huge encouragements to grow as a writer beyond my very meager skills when I first started, was being able to participate in a story with such talented people that made me read and say, "I want to do that." Believe it or not, the Ditto/Original battles prompted me to think about the question on a deeper level, and ultimately come to a different perspective on unity vs. independence than I'd had before. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without having had this story with you all.

Even though the story is ending, I'd like to think the spirit of it can live on. After all, while there have been some very good stories in there, as well as characters we all love, ultimately I think what drew us all to Ditto Town had just as much to do with the community as anything else. Ditto Town was about a place that accepted folks of all kinds of weirdness, it was a place that existed to serve our wildest imaginings, and it was a place where we could all have fun together. Even though the Ditto Story's continuity is ending, I'm holding out hope that this spirit and these ideals can live on in the future. And, of course, we will always have the archives.

Dittos to you all. :ymhug: Thanks for the memories. To many more.
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Bob Saget » Dec 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks for writing with us, folks! We've got new writing threads coming out sometime soon. Stay posted in Ditto Town for further updates!
Good mortereve! Come on in, the water's great!
Bob Saget
Ditto Town Host

Previous