This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Town Square I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Town Square I

Postby NarniaNut95 » Aug 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Mortereve all!

Ali wrote:
lol but you're not a hopelessly sentimental girl are you :p ? Oh poor poor Robin :( . I felt so bad for him in that episode. Yeah I really liked Roy.

And another warning, this season is SAD. I bawled so hard tonight :( . I hope it isn't sad the whole way :-s .

Yes I did. I'm having a hard time being optimistic for VDT b/c of it. I just thought they completely detroyed the story. Sorry if you think it was a good movie, but I hate hate hate it :p .
That's true I'm not. ;)) Still, those were very sad episodes, even though I didn't cry. ;)

Really? That kinda stinks. Is it sadder than Season 1? I know it has a sad ending.

Well, I certainly wouldn't be offended at anyone saying it was an awful movie. But, I'm not as purist as some people, and even though it did rather botch the story in so many aspects, I don't really have as many problems with it as some people. I'm very optimistic for VDT, however! We'll see how things play out.

Kathy wrote:Well, I don't think I'll be quite that elaborate. :p It's rather hard to name someone when you don't know them. ;)
Not yet, really. :p I've just been hanging out with friends, and recovering from the stress of last year. ;) Next Friday, our family is going to this island off of Hong Kong for two weeks, so that should be really good. :) And we get back and school starts the following Monday... :p
And you?
That's true! I've had many nicknames in the past, but now they've dwindled down to a few regular ones.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! Do you often travel about like that? :)
I've not been up to much lately. Last week was our Vacation Bible School at church, and the week before I went with our youth group to camp. Other than that, not much is going on.

Rosa wrote:Nah, I think I'll just send a wave this time; a warbling wanderoo can wait until an.. un-flairful moment. /:)
That sounds fine. There's a time and a place for warbling wanderoos, but waves are just fine!

KK wrote:I'm about to be in college Aiden.
So this is going to be your first year, eh? No wonder you're starting so early!

Winty wrote:*Waves to Aiden* How are you?
Quite mahvelous! And how art thyself?

F2 wrote:Hehe, yes. ;)) But no matter. For the record, we still haven't finished Season 5. I'm very glad to hear your vacation was great! :) Ours went very well, thanks! We went down to Ohio to visit friends for a week or so, that was great, of course. :)
Really, you're still working your way through Season 5? Glad to hear your vacation went well, as well! ;)) :)

*waves back to LL!* When do you go back to college? Or is it too soon to think about that?

*waves to Aunty Jo*

Wow, looks like we're finally reaching the end of the very first Town Square (on the new forum, of course). It's sure taken a long time!

Mortereve all!
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stargazer » Aug 03, 2010 3:01 pm

*stumbles into the Square muttering something about excessive heat and humidity*

Oy! It may be the dog days of August, but it's just too hot here! Well, there's only 42 days until the start of the possible snow season here (though it'll likely be a couple months before we get any 'real' snow).

And now, a little ketchup:

Benjamin wrote:Oh I love star-gazing with friends! Its so refreshing somehow...

Aye, it's one of my favorite things to do! So many great memories. :) And that stargazing session jo referred to (at the Ohio Moot) really was special.

I too, it appears, was pronouncing lysander's nickname incorrectly. :ymblushing:

*echoes Mel's observation that elven pages of posts would be quite elegant indeed.

NarniaNut wrote:Wow, looks like we're finally reaching the end of the very first Town Square (on the new forum, of course).

Indeed we are! Perhaps we can have some elven posts in the next one. :)
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 03, 2010 8:01 pm

hi :) !

I'm in a weird mood and am listening to Justin Beiber...don't judge me! :p

went to Canobie Lake Park today and completed a great feat- I went on a roller coaster :D :p ! That's a huge thing for me b/c I've only been on one once before and I almost passed out when I came off- I was pale (well, paler :p ), shaking, and couldn't go on another ride for around an hour 8-| . And the coaster I went on went upside down! I only did it b/c Yuka wanted to go on and we couldn't let her go on by herself and I was the only one brave enough to do it :ymsmug: :p . But it was pretty awesome actually, the only bad thing was I have a massive headache now from my head banging back and forth, along with the various spinning rides we went on :p .

Also, they had a Summer of the Superstars event going on were people would impersonate Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Michael Jackson, Elvis, and "the divas". Of course the MJ show was every day except Tuesday :| . But we saw the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill show. The guy who did Tim was amazing and he looked almost exactly like him. "Faith" was pretty good too. After the show was done they came out and shook hands with everyone in the audience and when "Tim" came over, my younger sister Emma was facing the opposite direction so he just kinda shook her shoulder and she looked up and saw who it was and then turned to me "he shook my arm! He shook my arm!" totally awestruck :p . "Faith" also said that Emma looked like a mini Taylor Swift, b/c she has the same hair except shorter ;)) .

Lys wrote:Glenstorm: NARNIA IS NOT DISNEY! It's Walden Media. X(

(This message brought to you by friends of Auntie Coracle. All fees, thanks, complaints, etc., should be directed to her. ;) )

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Forgive me! :-s :p ;))

Morgon and his siblings are royalty, but in an agricultural society. There doesn't seem to be as much distinction between the aristocracy and the lower classes as in most kingdoms. Hed is small, and its kings and princes seem more like land-barons than anything else.

oooh ok. B/c I at first I thought they were royalty but then they started talking about farming and then I found out he got a crown and started getting very confused :p .

Are the Muse's lyrics "good"? Do you mean clean? Thought-provoking? Or merely well-written? I don't recall any swear words, but there may have been some on the album I listened to, and the worldview is definitely not a Christian one. They're pretty existential, I'd say, and sometimes difficult to understand. But well-written, yes.

Ok yeah, worldview is what matters to me. Thanks.

Ah, si, entiendo todo que tu digas. Y si, quiero aprender mas ... pero no me gusta la presion de escuela quando estoy apreniendo una lengua.

(Gah, totally off the cuff, that. Don't judge me!)

;)) it wasn't bad at all :p . My grammar and spelling aren't the best since I learned everything I know only from speaking it at home. Si intiendo tus razones para no querer tomar mas clases. Pero todavia vas a tratar a aprender mas?

Lady_Liln wrote:But, swimming and walking around Boston are amazingly fun. :D Did you walk the Freedom Trail or just general wandering? *loves Boston and is curious*

yes they are :) . We followed the Freedom Trail for a little bit but mostly wandered. We've been to Boston alot so we know where most things are now, especially since my dad works in Cambridge :) .

;)) None of the songs are horrible, but "Brielle" is far and above my personal favorite, "Sailboats" being second. I do hope to hear your thoughts when you get the full album.

My favorite would be Captains of the Sky then Brielle then Sailboats. I just ordered the CD yesterday so I'll be hearing the rest soon :D .

Ali, I understand struggling to relate to peers your own age; but, you may be surprised at who you meet. Also, working in a group class setting isn't horrible and not quite as dire as your post sounds. ;) :p :ymhug:

I probably did sound overdramatic ;)) . But I've really had some bad experiences. I've had people insult and make fun of me to my face, or at least completely ignore and avoid me in pretty much every group setting I've been in.

AJoanna wrote:Ali, I know exactly how you feel, especially with the whole nerd/geek thing... and the wearing skirts stuff. Until about two years ago, I was in the same boat. But, don't worry, it'll get better. You'll find some kindred spirits, so to speak, and believe me, there are few things that are better than a great group of teenage girls. ;)) I can't imagine life without the girls in my "group" now. Just hang in there, and don't give up on kids in your age group entirely just yet. :ymhug:

Thanks :) . See that's why I like NW- I can have my kindred spirits on here ;) .

Valia wrote:Oh, good! I'm glad to hear you're doing better now, GtG. :)
Ah, I see. Well, I like the heat at times. But lately it's been making me feel a bit weird---I don't think I've been drinking enough water. :P And it'll be nice when I can step outside without instantly sweating. ;))
And I somehow missed your comment about taking a class at a school before. :ymhug: I took a math class at a Christian school in 10th grade (and 11th) and was scared absolutely stiff beforehand---I'm definitely not a people person, and I'm not good at interacting with people I don't know very well---but it turned out being a really great experience. The teacher was wonderful, and my classmates, even if I never really became "friends" with them, were nice. :) You know, too, sometimes it still surprises me when I go into an uni class and realise that though there's no one in the class I know, I get along okay. I'm definitely not a "cool" kid, either. :) I'm sure God will get you through it, if you end up taking the class (what class is it, if I may ask?). :ymhug:

lol I drink water alot so I don't have a problem with feeling weird :p . I love the heat, besides that I'm allergic to my own sweat :-s /:) :p .

I'm praying my class (if I take it) will turn out like that :) . It's a writing class, which I would be excited about, if it weren't for it being at a school...

Ben, my rivalry twin :p wrote:*enters into the square with a tap of the foot* My sister has some dancing music on ;))

ooh fun! What kind, if I may ask? :)

That movie I can not except as just another movie, I can do that with some but not that one..

yeah...I don't know any movie where I can do that. I always hate movies that call themselves based on a book when they're totally different. I still fume incessantly about PC and PJO. X(

I liked Edmund sword fighting Trumpkin... Thinks Oh and then the kiss at the end! I was like Aww! I'm so glad they added that! :ymdaydream: .. NOT! NO WAY! As you know I hated that! But anyway back to the stuff I like... Umm... I liked the battle just because it was kind of fun watching and because of the trees.

Oh! I know! The kiss was my faaavorite part :x ! It was so beautifully romantic and when "The Call" started playing.!... *melts*...BWAHAHA KIDDING! ;)) Hehe yep, we both hate it, as should any other sensible person ;) . Yeah the battle was pretty epic, especially when they run out of the ground, or open the pits and the Telmarines and horses fall in to them! lol, I enjoyed watching them die! Mwuahaha :ymdevil: . Boy, I sound creepy :p . I liked Edmund fighting Trumpkin too and....well when they enter Narnia and find Cair Paravel. But that's about it...

Well we did have them all in a big book then that fell apart so I started getting them individually, and The Voyage of the Dawn is the only one I'm waiting for...

yeah I have one big copy but I want to get individual copies- easier to read :p .

Strawberries is the the best with chocolate! I have only tasted them a few times when they were already dipped but I did not do it or know how they did it then...

yes they are delicious, but I hate biting in to them b/c of my sensitive teeth :-s :p .

*gets a bit freaked out at the devilish face* AH!

Look who is talking!

wheee!!! I scared Ben! Mwuhaha :ymdevil: =)) :p .

Yeah, well, we're both weird :p .

So true! ;)) :P

and there is both of our most used! ;)) :p =)) ;)

lol! That would be really weird indeed! Though it would be better than nothing!

yeah but I sure hope I don't die that way :p .

Yeah yeah whatever!

no it's "That is correct, ma'am (madame, miss, something respectful)". Since you have started using the proper respect, I expect you to use respect in your manners concering me from now on :p .

TRUE!

NA-UH!!! X(

I will trust you till I go back and check :P

that's not trust! If you trusted me, you wouldn't have to check! :p

And my view point is the best view for sure!

nope, sorry- mine is! ;))

*shakes head very disapprovingly* Liam Neeson does such a good job!

he does, but he doesn't completely have that wild and untamed side.

Lys wrote:*will check out Brielle*

yay! Do tell if you like it! :D

and also, you still didn't answer my question! And I even provided a link [-( !

So a few more thoughts on GtG's class/outside group predicament....

I really think that the whole not fitting in/social interaction thing gets easier as one gets older. I am a people person and a big talker (as Valia can probably attest, even though we've only met in person twice and four a couple hours at a time), but I certainly had trouble finding people like me, accepting of me, when I was younger. I don't struggle with that as much now. For one thing, I myself have mellowed out some, but I also believe that as others mature they learn not to see you as a "type," a thoroughly predictable and unoriginal individual they can put in a box. Hence, social interaction becomes a much more laid-back affair. I really loved the Christian college I attended because I had such a large network of friends there, who loved me and accepted me for who I was ... but I also get along well with my coworkers these days, even though most of them lead radically different lifestyles than me.

I'm not sure if this helps, or even makes sense, but ... praying that if this class goes through, it will actually be a good experience for you, Glenstorm. :ymhug:

:ymhug: Thanks so much :) . I hope it gets better, though my experiences have gotten worse the older I got. I'm a much weirder and different person than I was 5 years ago, so I think that might have something to do with it ;) . I am not a people person or talkative at all. Or at least I think so. I've always thought of myself as an introvert, but some friends of ours (that are pretty good at figuring brain types and such) said I'm definitely an extrovert, I've just been deceived in to thinking I'm an introvert. Which I can believe since when I was younger I was pretty talkative and extroverted, it was just when I got older and the teasing got worse that I got quiet and shy. But yeah, thanks for trying to lift my hopes up some :) .

Mel wrote:Yes. ;)) (Loves how applicable that answer is, and really, I just love the way Morgon is both without being self-conscious about it except in the context of his relationship with Raederle. It's such a nice change from the "I can't wait to get off this ball of dirt" attitude. And of course, McKillip writes it so well. :) )

;)) . Yes, the book is great so far :) .

I've always been the odd one out, but never ridiculed to my face about it, so... I'll be praying for you. :ymhug: But if I can extrapolate anything from my own experiences, it's that a smaller group and an activity where people actually want to be there is a better atmosphere. Which, ah, won't help if the writing class is compulsory for some of the students.

yeah see I've endured alot of insults to my face and spread behind my back. I've had people point, laugh, whisper, and push and shove me around. The worst was when my best friend of 10 years turned on me and joined all the bullies in picking on me to my face and behind my back. That experience totally changed me, and I've never been the same since. I suffer alot from insecurity which is part of the reason I hate groups of people. I'm never sure of myself anymore. But thank you- I covet your prayers! I'm really hoping I can convince my mom to not make me go, but if she does, I'll really need praying :) .

There's another kind?

...OH! You mean this kind. :))

*high five for my partner in calling The Epic One lys*

;))

*high fives back* :)

dotK wrote:Ah, I see. Yes, the way you make it definitely sounds more healthy then anything you would get at....was it a bowling alley?

yep that's where it was ;)) .

GTG, I'm sorry you've had a hard time. :ymhug: Things will get better. I used to be the shyest and the tiniest kid on the planet. When I wasn't being teased I was treated like a baby. It was so annoying. But now I am President of Student Government and respected by many people. Some people still think I'm on the weird side because I was homeschooled, but they still respect me. You'll always find people who don't understand, but you will also find people who do.

I'm glad you've had success :) . Thanks for the encouragement :) .

Jo wrote:Dear GtG, praying for you in this. I, my siblings, and now our children went to public schools. Many of them are really not that bad. If you do go, may you find a kindred spirit there. Often there are Christian groups in the public arena, which is really cool and supportive. And know that God is with you each moment. :ymhug:

:ymhug: thank you :) . It is actually a Christian school, but the only groups and classes I've done outside the home were all Christian too...Yes God is with me, thank you for reminding me. It's funny how sometimes you forget the most basic things ;)) .

Actually, I always pronounce it 'lice", but I rarely think of the little gnat when doing so. :P *thinks that "liss" sounds too much like "diss" or a few other nasties, so avoids it* The way I actually think it is a lot more sophisticated and ... epic. B-) And with great affection, to boot.

;)) the only "problem" I'd have with Lys is that it sounds a bit...feminine. But I like it :D :p .

Jo wrote:
GtG wrote:Ah-li-sahn-druh
So pretty!

:ymblushing: thank you. I used to hate it, but I love my name now...besides the fact that no one can say it or spell it correctly :p .

Jo wrote:*loves Veggie Tales, especially the older ones*

ditto-I'm really not liking the new ones too much [-( .

KK wrote:I was bad this morning...didn't get out of bed until half an hour ago. I can claim the excuse that I'm attempting to enjoy my last week of summer and my last week of a somewhat normal, non-adult life.:P

:)) you should see what time my mom's side of the family gets up at! They are complete night owls, and like to party until 3 or 4 in the morning and sleep as late as 1 or 2! :p

Yes GtG, there are other singers that are good as well.

mmhmm...

Micah wrote:That's true I'm not. ;)) Still, those were very sad episodes, even though I didn't cry. ;)

Really? That kinda stinks. Is it sadder than Season 1? I know it has a sad ending.

Well, I certainly wouldn't be offended at anyone saying it was an awful movie. But, I'm not as purist as some people, and even though it did rather botch the story in so many aspects, I don't really have as many problems with it as some people. I'm very optimistic for VDT, however! We'll see how things play out.

;)) yes they were...

much sadder. I've cried in almost every episode :( . Do you mean Marian dying?

Hehe yes I'm a crazy purist ;)) . Yeah we'll have to see about VDT...

*waves to stargazer*

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kingskid » Aug 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Good evening everyone.
I am tired.
And finally eating dinner.:P But life is good.

Just recently returning from fishing. We had a great time, and caught a number of good eating sized catfish.
This is probably the last time I will get to go for a while.

Only three days....:(
Actually Aiden, I think we just start early, always in early to mid August.

Hola SG. I hope that you're doing well this evening, even though it is excessively hot.
I may live in the South, but this is getting ridiculous.
They did drugs and they're all dead.
I went hunting and I'm still Ted-Ted Nugent
James 1:19-20"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God
Kingskid
Moderator Emeritus
Blessed Birthday Hunter (BC)

Postby Benjamin » Aug 04, 2010 5:17 pm

*enters*

Hey all!
Sorry don't have time to do a catch up but I wanted to at least show my face :)

So I did not tell you all but a few days ago we got into a condo that we rented while we are out here in Colorado. I need not tell you that I was very happy about getting out of the RV and into a bigger place! We got an amazing deal on it 900 a month for a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom really nice condo! In the winter they rent this condo from 400-600 dollars, ready? A night! Outrageous! So I'm very glad we are getting the deal we are!

Alright I got to be off I'm about to head over to my brothers condo to watch LWW with them (him and his wife) and a friend that has not watched it yet so...
I bid you all a fair Adieu :)

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stargazer » Aug 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Wow, GtG, that's one of the longest ketchup posts I've ever seen! Impressive. :)

Glad you enjoyed your fishing, Kingskid. Early August seems quite early to be starting school; do you end early in the spring then?

We'll get a couple days of slightly lower humidity, but then we're back 'into the soup' for the weekend and part of next week. We're sure to exceed our annual average of days over 90F.

That's great news, Benjamin! Colorado is so lovely; I really enjoyed our visits to the Rockies.

And a public service announcement: if your sky is clear tonight, check out Mars, Saturn, and Venus gathering close to each other low in the southwest sky as soon as it gets dark. A little later, look to the north to see if all the solar activity of late is providing some northern lights displays to watch.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi hi! :D

KK wrote:Good evening everyone.
I am tired.
And finally eating dinner.:P But life is good.

wow that late?! I thought our family ate late :p .

Just recently returning from fishing. We had a great time, and caught a number of good eating sized catfish.
This is probably the last time I will get to go for a while.

fun! I haven't been fishing in probably 7-8 years...can't even remember if I like it or not :p .

Ben wrote:Hey all!
Sorry don't have time to do a catch up but I wanted to at least show my face :)

Hi Ben's face :-h ! Lol, I know I'm weird :p .

wow that's a great deal on the condo! God sure blessed you guys with that :) .

Ooh LWW- that's fun! Someone who hasn't watched it yet :-o [-( :p !

stargazer wrote:Wow, GtG, that's one of the longest ketchup posts I've ever seen! Impressive. :)

;)) . Yeah it took a while but it's worth it! :)

Wish I could have seen the planets and stuff but we have waaaay too many trees out here for much stargazing :( .

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslans Country » Aug 05, 2010 12:56 am

*parades into the Square announcing that she will be going on holiday tomorrow, has somewhat recovered from her sickness just in time and, most importantly, :p the CD I was waiting for that was supposed to come on time then got delayed - still arrived yesterday* :ymparty: :D

Oh dear, there are too many posts I haven't read. I hope I don't miss my name somewhere..
I'd actually caught up with about 1/3 of the posts two days ago, but I gave up due to not feeling well. :( I'm so glad my fever's down though, right before I leave the country. :) #:-s

I just came onto Narniaweb and saw the screencaps from the new trailer. B-) I'm a bit more excited for this movie now. Although the 4 Pevensies made another appearance.. /:) and come on, close-ups of Peter and Susan but not Edmund and Lucy?? [-( That's ridiculous. But anyway.. some kind of catchup will follow:

ForeverFan wrote:*waves to Aslan's Country* How are you?

*waves* the answer to this question would be, I was doing very well before I got sick, the last few days have been awful, and now I'm recovering, so I'm doing well. :p :) And you?

Cor wrote:@ AC. Well, as I've told a few people now, we got a new AC!!

BTW, is there another nickname you would prefer besides "AC"? I seem to remember noticing somewhere that you disliked that name, but I can't remember where and I'm too lazy to go look right now.

Yay! :ymparty: (sorry, I like that smiley :p)
;)) Now so many people are asking me this. :ymblushing: :p I don't mind too much, but you can call me Kathy, if you want, instead.

ValiantArcher wrote:*returns Aslans Country's wave* How are you doing?

*wonders how many times she is going to answer this question in this post* :p It feels rude to point above, so I'll just say that I'm doing okay, excited about going to Hong Kong. ;) And you? :)

*waves to Ben after deciding that there is no way to continue the conversation they were having* :p

Lady Liln wrote:That would be "A Little Opera Goes a Long Way" correct?

Yes! The part that goes "pretend you're not alone.." *is happy that someone else noticed* ;)

Ali wrote:*shakes head dissaprovingly* even as a movie, it's pretty lame. Sorry .

*sigh* then we'll just have to agree to disagree. :p (I had to restrain myself from asking why you think it's lame, because I know the discussion would be endless ;) )

no amazon! lol you know how I love my physical copies .

Well, Sky Sailing came. :D :D So I'm not getting it.. yet. ;) But Sky Sailing is amazinggg.. you have to get it a.s.a.p. :p I'm probably going to have over-listened to it before I even get to Hong Kong... (like right now ;) ) Overnight I've become a huge fan of Adam Young, :p I'm going to have to check OC out more now. ;)

Mmhmm. Yeah it's hard...really hard sometimes. But you can still talk, and you can be close to someone without ever seeing them .

Mhm.. yeah, maybe. :)

. Neeson is ok, but I think his voice is too gentle. Not wild enough.

Really? :-\ The radio drama sounds like he's asleep. :p Oh wait, no, that would be the BBC version. :p I've finished PC, and I like him a bit more now, the growls in his speech are just a bit annoying. I'll have to listen to that part in HHB a couple of people mentioned.. but HHB is my least favourite so it might be awhile. :p *hopes she won't get things thrown at her for saying that*

*squeals* I love 'Sailboats', which just started playing.. *forces self to stop talking about this CD*

Yes, Lifehouse is more than half decent, but Beiber is less than half . No...well I used to hate him, but that was mainly b/c he was popular . Once I listened to his stuff...well I believe he has real talent, he just uses it badly .

Thank you. ;) :p Yeah, I agree.. but his voice is too high for me to like. :p

Libby wrote:at Soulfest in 2005, they were advertising for LWW and they had the teaser trailer. along with it, there was some behind the scenes footage and interviews! this is why I think I am going to get more information/footage on VotDT! I hope so! Walden Media always has a booth at Soulfest and they advertise whatever movie is coming out next that they are putting on!

I read this wrong skimming and somehow interpreted in my head that you had already been and had seen new footage. *smacks self on head* :p

WinterStar wrote:*Waves back* How are you?

Good, thanks. :) I don't think we've met? (well, we have now :p) Now probably isn't the best time for introductions considering that I'm leaving for 2 weeks ;) but , hi. :)

Ali wrote: (yes I like cleaning my room )

*gasp* I don't think I can talk to you anymore. ;)

my mom told me today that I might be going to a school took a class this fall ! I hate hate HATE schools and co-ops and anything that has to do with groups of kids my age . Ugh...oh well, if I don't succeed in convincing her that I don't need to take the class (even though I kinda want to- it's a writing class!), the Lord will, somehow, help me through it...*sigh*

Aww.. I'm sorry you don't want to do it. :( :ymhug: You should come to my school.. you'd be hard pushed to find a group of more accepting people. :) But that doesn't really help... :p
I'm sure it won't be that bad. (sorry if I'm being clueless/insensitive and it actually is going to be really bad or something. :ymblushing: ) But at least you want to take the class! ;) Praying for you too. :)

AJoanna wrote:Parts of it were ok... And I still liked the characters... Actually I don't think I've exactly watched the entire movie... I skip a few parts that I know from trailers and such are going to be too painful to watch. I should probably watch it again.

lol, so you actually never watched the whole movie? :p No matter how bad VDT could potentially be, I still won't be able to resist going to watch it in the cinema. ;)

Ali wrote:I ordered the new Sky Sailing CD too

:ymparty: When's it coming? :)

*catches talk of Veggietales and smiles reminiscently, particularily at the silly songs* :p

Nut (sure you don't mind this? /:) ) wrote:Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! Do you often travel about like that?
I've not been up to much lately. Last week was our Vacation Bible School at church, and the week before I went with our youth group to camp. Other than that, not much is going on.

Haha, no, not really. ;)) But it's hardly more expensive to travel to somewhere in Japan than go overseas within Asia, so.. ;) We do go somewhere every summer, but not always overseas.
Not much? ;) That's about as much as I've done most of the summer. :p Not quite.. but still.

Ali wrote:I'm in a weird mood and am listening to Justin Beiber...don't judge me!

*judges* jk :p

Well, I'll see you all in 2 weeks, in a brand new Square! Unless there's suddenly some huge lack of posts and you all don't even fill up 3 pages. :p
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AJoanna » Aug 05, 2010 7:48 am

Good morning, all!

This is the beginning of a great day. I actually got to sleep in until 9:30. :ymparty:
Thank goodness for summer. :D

I'm going to do a little, erm... ketchupping...

Kathy wrote:the CD I was waiting for that was supposed to come on time then got delayed - still arrived yesterday*

Hmmm, I haven't listened to an actual cd in probably years. I buy everything online. The only thing I miss is the little whatchamacallit insert thing with all the cool pictures of the artist, lyrics, etc. But, hey, small losses. And my older brothers have a huge collection of music, so I just steal theirs and sync it to my zune.

Life is good. :D

Really? :-\ The radio drama sounds like he's asleep. :p Oh wait, no, that would be the BBC version. :p I've finished PC, and I like him a bit more now, the growls in his speech are just a bit annoying. I'll have to listen to that part in HHB a couple of people mentioned.

We don't speak about the Aslan in the BBC version... or the BBC version period. :p Those movies were a huge disappointment for me when I was like ten. My sisters and I had just read the books and we were so excited to see it... and then... :| I still have nightmares about the White Witch. "I TOLD YOU AGAIN, AND AGAIN TO BRING THE OTHERS WITH YOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!" :-s

Ali wrote:I'm in a weird mood and am listening to Justin Beiber...don't judge me!

:-o Noooo, not to the dark side!! :(

*has been watching the BBC "Robin Hood" and thinks someone should give Robin a haircut*

He almost has Bieber hair. ;)) Oh, and, just saying, the costumes on that show are atrocious. :p But as a whole, the show is fairly entertaining.

Ok, I think I need breakfast. A good day to you all! :D

Signature by enigmaffliction
AJoanna
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Queen Susan » Aug 05, 2010 8:07 am

Last night I had a dream that mixed a family reunion, graduation, and Narniaweb meet-up of some kind. ;)) (I assume that part had to do with seeing everything about the recent Mod Moot) Anyway. It was rather interesting. I met Jojo, Jo, ramagut, DiGs, NL101, possibly kingskid, Dr. Elwin Ransom, his wife, and then there were about 15 people who were there that I knew were Narniawebbers, but I didn't know which ones, and I'd never seen them before. ;)) It was an interesting dream. ;) One thing is, DiGs looked nothing like what I've seen in pictures. :p

*waves to Miss Rosa and LadyLiln* :)

Valia wrote:Oh, have you heard "Why Don't We Just Dance"? That's a rather fun song.
No, I haven't. :) I'll have to give it a listen. :)

Winter wrote: Is it for a friend or relative (the bridal shower, I mean)? Ooh, zoos are such fun. Is there one near you or do you have to treck an hour to get there, like we do? I've not been up to much, finishing off physical science, and trying to finish literature. I've worked on my dollhouses some, too, which is fun.
It was for a friend, we've known their family for... 13 years? Quite a while! :D
We have a zoo about half an hour away from us, and it's a really big one! I think. ;))
Oh, dollhouses? What do you do with them? Do you... build them, furnish them, what? :)

Lys wrote:your comment about Ketchup makes me think of Veggie Tales ...

I hear it's floooooooooowwwing
with milk and honey ...

Sounds sticky!
;)) Haha! When I quote Veggie Tales, a few of my friends look at me like I'm nuts. "You watch Veggie Tales frequently?" they ask.
"Not for fun," I say. It's background noise mostly. ;)
And it's sort of fun to quote. :p

Kingskid wrote:But life is good.
:-bd
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 05, 2010 10:45 am

Dot wrote:*notices talk of Princess Bride* "Murdered by pirates is good."
I believe it was Alyosha who made a signature featuring that quote with the subheading: "Society for the appreciation of tragedy and angst in literature: join today". ;)) *is tempted to dig it out and use it*

lys, I've only ever run across that particular story in one place. *goes to see what Google has to say on the subject* I think this is my book (which is utterly silent on authors and origin of the stories it contains), but this this looks more or less like the same story, with frills and furbellows.

lys wrote:Maybe I could give you a general outline of what I'm doing and bounce some ideas of you via PM, if you wouldn't mind.
I would love that!!! :D :D :D (And if I ever start being a pain about it, be sure and tell me. I know it takes time and that a good story should never be rushed and that you have other stories to tell.) Also, yes, I am soliciting opinions on my NaNo, and if you're willing/interested enough to read even a chapter or two I'd be thrilled. :)

*watches the new VDT trailer* Visually, I'm going to be very happy with this movie... storywise, the jury is still out and will probably remain out until the 10th of Dec.

gazer wrote:Perhaps we can have some elven posts in the next one. :)
I'll see what I can do. B-) Also, I missed the Northern Lights. :( I didn't even remember to look, though I was running around outside pretty late that night...
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby johobbit » Aug 05, 2010 11:35 am

Cool about your dream, Queen Susan. I've been having a number of Moot dreams since our get-together, so that's been kinda fun. ;)) The latest actually happened at the Moot: we were having our traditional bonfire on Friday evening, when ramagut began singing an old church camp song, "It Only Takes a Spark" or "Pass It On". 'Twas exceedingly popular way back when. :P Anyway, it was nice to re-live that again, in my dream.

*agrees with QS that Veggie Tales is very quotable*

Kingskid wrote:Wait....is that really you Jo? I don't think so, why in the wide world of sports would you go maroonless??? So wrong..:P
I hope that you're doing well today.
I Robot has a lot of intriguing storylines, it's a good one. =)) @ cozy tights =))
Yep, that's me. Wouldn't have guessed it, huh? ;)) I'm hoping to make this one maroon-full, but we'll see how many times I have to quote. :P Yep, love that BBC Voyage tight funny. :))

The Epic Lifeguard wrote:*will have to demand that people say his username and any/all of his nicknames if (I mean, WHEN!) ever he should meet them, just to hear all the different pronunciations*
Will do. ;))

Ditto wrote:Well, the folks in my writer's group really liked my story.
:D What's the premise, or have you said already, and I just missed it? : :ymblushing:

NN/Aiden! Good to see you. :D Sounds like a fun July with VBS and camp.
:)

stargazer wrote:Perhaps we can have some elven posts in the next one.
That'd be lovely. :)

GtG wrote:Yes God is with me, thank you for reminding me. It's funny how sometimes you forget the most basic things
You aren't alone in needing these reminders, GtG. :ymhug:

Catfish, Kingskid? Very nice! Are they quite tasty?

Benjamin, that's great to hear about the condo! I bet you're enjoying the spaciousness of it. :) Was this BBC LWW or Disney LWW you watched? Just wonderin' ...

stargazer wrote:And a public service announcement: if your sky is clear tonight, check out Mars, Saturn, and Venus gathering close to each other low in the southwest sky as soon as it gets dark. A little later, look to the north to see if all the solar activity of late is providing some northern lights displays to watch.
Unfortunately it's been too soupy here, even a night, to have a clear night sky. :( Tonight the humidity is supposed to break, so I'm hoping for some good star-gazing this weekend with the more comfortable temperatures.

Have a great holiday, AC! Glad you're feeling better ... in the nick of time. :D *googles that expression to see where it originates*

Mel-y-poo (nearly wrote Melt-y-poo :P) wrote:*watches the new VDT trailer* Visually, I'm going to be very happy with this movie... storywise, the jury is still out and will probably remain out until the 10th of Dec.
Ditto. Yep. Uh-huh. Likewise. Precisely. ;))

Mel wrote:though I was running around outside pretty late that night...
*loves running around outside pretty late at night ... especially with NarniaWeb Mooters* \:D/

*waves a cheery HELLO to AJoanna* Image

Hey ho, it's Friday! No, wait. No, it's not. :P Well, good Thursday to all you SquareOnions. :D
johobbit

Postby RubyGamgee » Aug 05, 2010 12:18 pm

*A young hobbit enters the square with a strawberry milkshake*

The entire family is finally all home together! I'm relishing the few short days that we will be. My oldest sister leaves within a few days to go to college and then my other sister, Moon, is moving out Friday. Moon will be no more than an hour away from us, but still, it's not the same as having her home all the time.

Our family, save my eldest sister who stayed home to work, just arrived Tuesday night home from visiting extended family. I love seeing all my cousins. Most of them are younger than me, but they're still a lot of fun. I don't get to see them enough, nor my aunts, uncles, and my grandmothers. I've just started realizing how precious time really is. It's interesting to see how I act when I know I only have a little time left with someone as opposed to my siblings who I've always thought would stick around for the rest of my life.

We never think to say the things that are really important until we're down to our last few minutes. Odd, isn't it? I'm trying to improve on that.

Well, anyway, in honor of my sixteenth birthday, my father took me out to Baker Bookhouse, the bestest Christian book store in the world! He likes each child on their sixteenth birthday to buy a handy comentary or helpful reference book. So, I bought John Calvin's Institutes of The Christian Religion in two hard-back volumes. I've never read them before (at least, not all of them) so it will be interesting. My sisters already have Calvin's commentaries, Luther's sermons, and several others. I get to now add to our collection. :)

But, best of all, I got the entire sheet music to Tenth Avenue North's album "Over and Underneath". I can almost play the entire song "By your Side" and "Hold My Heart" from memory. I'm working on "Lift Us Up To Fall" now and "Love Is Here". I know, I know, I'm such a fan girl when it comes to that band. I really hope I can go to their "Light Meets The Dark" tour when they come to our area!!

Two other little highlights: My sister, Moon, bought Andrew Peterson's newest album "Counting Stars". If you've never heard Andrew Peterson, you really should go and listen to him. His greatest album is probably "Resurrection Letters Vol. II" but all of his songs are really good. If you've ever listened to Michael Card or Rich Mullins, you'll probably like him. And if you enjoy profoundly meaningful Christian lyrics in your music, you should definitely check his music out!

On the road trip up to visit our relatives, we stumbled over an interview with Andrew Peterson. It was so cool! I already went on and on about it on my blog, so I won't say anything more here. :P

And we bought Sanctus Real's album, "We Need Each Other". That band is really, really growing on me. I want to get their newest album "Pieces of A Real Heart" and a couple of their older ones. :)

Enough about all my favorite artists. How has everyone been doing on the Square? I was so thrilled by all the birthday messages and wishes. You all are so sweet.

johobbit! It's been forever since I talked to you! :ymhug: Everything's been going well, I hope? How has the summer turned out?

I, for one, can't believe that summer is practically over!! In about two weeks, I'm starting school again. First two years of high school have come and gone already.

*waves to Aiden, Liberty Hoffman, AC, Lady Liln, Prince Cor, Meltintalle, Queen Susan, Ali, KK, and Benjamin* :ymhug: BEAR HUGS TO ALL!!!

I'll hopefully be able to get on here more often what with my schedule settling down a bit. :)

God bless!
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 05, 2010 1:16 pm

*Cor and Vern enter the Square with the Prince rambling on about the latest film scores he has discovered while the Royal Dragon..... listens*

Sooo, when I'm able to get some more CD's, I'm planning on getting those. :D

*Sounds good. It will be nice to have more variety in what you constantly listen to. ;) *

Hey! :-o

* ymwhisle *

[-(

Anyway, Mortereve all! I'm surprised the a new Square hasn't started up yet. :-\ Oh well, this gives me time to make one last catch-up on the old Square. :ymsmug:

*Cor and Vern take their usual spots by the fountain munching on some homemade chocolate cake*

------------------------

@ Poggy. Yes and a little nervous. It will a totally new experience for me, being in an actually classroom with other students and having to take notes and such.
Still, it should be fun.... I hope. *crosses fingers*

Yes, no AC is terrible in the summer. #:-s Well, I'm still here, aren't I? ;) :p

@ AJ. Heh, long posts in the Square are as common as the strange people, er, fun and lively people that frequent here. *nervous laugh as he looks around at his fellow SquareOnions and hopes no one has any rotten fruit to throw at him*

@ Lys. Aye, I will try my best not to succumb to such a pathetic fate! Alas, it may befall me once I start college... :-s

@ KK. The only time recently I've been in a classroom is taking the ACT as well. Shall be interesting on my first day of classes...

Very difficult indeed! (trying to live without AC)

@ Ali. I'm afraid not. :( I have listened to some good stuff recently. :) ;)

Ack! You hate ketchup?!?! :-o I LOVE the stuff!! :D :ymdaydream:

@ LL. It's not? :-\ *kidding!* Well, you are quite welcomed and thank you for not haunting me. :)

*Ahh, you have a good suggestion there, my lady. Then again, fountains may make Cor feel more at home. :) ;) *

I believe it all started with Lady A falling into the fountain all the time and then you decided I needed to "enjoy" the experience or something and then it became what we did.
I think I have that straight....

*quickly hides under a nearby tree as Vern circles around the Square with a bucket full of water he got from LL*

Whew, I think he's gone now... *SPLASH!!*

Or not. :|

@ Valia. I haven't really been that much either, recently, so it's nice to be back around. :)

Yes, yes, yes and yes. :p Intro to lit and overview of American history along with a basic math class. Orientation is pretty much getting a bunch of written up and having to get various people to sign forms, at least that what everyone at the school said it was. ;))
Like I said, it's unfortunately one of those classes you have to take to graduate. At least it doesn't sound like a big deal. :)

@ Dot. *He's already hard to live with. What will a little sleep deprivation do to harm him?*

Oh well, at least I have the weekend off this semester.

@ Jo. My first day of classes will be August 23rd. :) Thanks for the prayers, Jo! :ymhug: They are much needed.

It appears I'm her stand-in when it comes to this thing...

*Ah, fish! Thank you most kindly, miss Jo! :D Vern proceeds to broil the fish with herbs with his dragon flames.*

@ Kathy. :D (perfectly O.K. It's a good one.)

Very well, Kathy you shall be from now on. :) I have a favorite aunt named Kathy. Granted, I think everyone has an Aunt Kathy. :p

@ Ruby. RUBY!!! :ymhug: :D Glad you had a great 16th birthday and great to see you in the Square again!

-----------------------------------------------

Alright, I need to head back to the castle now. Goodbye for now and talk with all of you later!

*Cor and vern exit the Square enjoying the delicious cooked fish provided by Jo*
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Kingskid » Aug 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Good mortereve everyone. I hope that ya'll are doing well this rainy and hot afternoon.

*waves to everyone who has posted above me*

Yes 'gazer, I will be done the first week of May.(or so I think)

Yes, fishing is always fun.:)

Jo, that is a great memory to dream about.

I had a moot dream as well, but I don't think it was as realistic, more goofy than anything.;):P

No, it completely threw me off.:P That does look much better I must say.

Yes Jo. I don't know if those were, but the others I've had out of that pond are, so I will assume that they are also good.

Yes Cor, it will be interesting.

Ruby, that is a very cool tradition. Sounds like a great addition to the collection.:)

This will probably be my last post for a couple days. We leave tomorrow, and move in on Saturday.

I hope that ya'll have a great weekend.

God Bless. Talk atchya'll later.
They did drugs and they're all dead.
I went hunting and I'm still Ted-Ted Nugent
James 1:19-20"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God
Kingskid
Moderator Emeritus
Blessed Birthday Hunter (BC)

Postby NarniaNut95 » Aug 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Mortereve all!

stargazer wrote:Indeed we are! Perhaps we can have some elven posts in the next one. :)
Why do you say eleven posts?

Ali wrote:;)) yes they were...

much sadder. I've cried in almost every episode :( . Do you mean Marian dying?

Hehe yes I'm a crazy purist ;)) . Yeah we'll have to see about VDT...
Yup, yup.

Aw, that kinda stinks. :-s Yes, that, plus how Guy ends up. At least from what I've heard...

Like I said, I don't have a problem with purists, and I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking PC is a horrible movie, but I'm not a purist myself, so I allow for more slack, and try to just view it as a standalone movie.

KK wrote:Only three days....:(
Actually Aiden, I think we just start early, always in early to mid August.
You mean the whole school starts that early? Wow! I've heard that freshmen sometimes have to start earlier than everyone else, but for a whole school to start that early is kinda strange. Especially since colleges usually start even later than regular schools.

*waves to Ben* Good to see you!

Kathy wrote:Haha, no, not really. ;)) But it's hardly more expensive to travel to somewhere in Japan than go overseas within Asia, so.. ;) We do go somewhere every summer, but not always overseas.
Not much? ;) That's about as much as I've done most of the summer. :p Not quite.. but still.
Nope, I don't mind being called Nut at all. ;)) In fact, Djaq calls me Nutty. :D ;))
Wait, so do you live in Japan?
Well, it really isn't all that much... it only took up two weeks of my summer.

Aunty Jo wrote:NN/Aiden! Good to see you. :D Sounds like a fun July with VBS and camp. :)
Thanks! Yeah, it's been great. Haven't seen too much of the Square lately, unfortunately. I've been kept busy, which is a good thing.

See you all later! Perhaps in the new Town Square! Mortereve!
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext