This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Town Square I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Town Square I

Postby Lady_Liln » Aug 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Mortereve, all!

I haven't been up to much. Just this and that. :p

*enjoys only having to catch up on a page and a half*

*decides on Deas Vail's All The Houses Look the Same album as her music for this ketchup*

AJ wrote:Cool! So is my color permanent? Because I kind of like the hot pink. :D
Yep! Unless you develop an allergy to the color. ;) :p

AJ wrote:
I wrote:Hehe, well, I started lurking fairly consistently when PC's trailer hit. It was pretty much after that trailer that all the weird bits of news slowly started to form a horrific tale.
I don't know why that paragraph made me laugh uncontrollably.... /:)
Hey, I had warned you with a "Big Massive Warning" that it was going to be an odd post. ;) ;))

Valia, hehe, I am moving quickly through Avatar:tLAB, but I want to get through it before college starts. ;) I'm planning to PM you soon with my very random and scattered thoughts, hopefully tomorrow or this weekend. :)

Valia wrote:I ran a few errands, though, and checked out six books from the library today: three Agatha Christies (which all have to do with murders) and three local/state history books (which none have specifically to do with murders :P).
;)) I found the murder bit very humorous, not sure if that's normal. ;) :p

Ly, okay, I was thinking of the second one you linked to, but still a megaphone is pretty cool to have at your pool. Foghorn? ;))

Ly wrote:Yes, I'm transferring back to community college right now, and then to a state school in a year. Much cheaper and close to home, which I like. But I'm going to miss all of my friends sooooo much! I'm sure I'll be visiting more often than I should.
Prayers and best wishes as you start up at the community college. :ymhug: Are you still majoring in English?

Mel-y wrote:Yes, but Wren has now shortened it to Mel-y in some places, so how do I know you're not just thinking the rest, hmmm?
Because I'm not Wren? :p Maybe I am thinking of the full nickname, but as you said earlier "I'm all about sparing my fingers unnecessary effort." ;) ;)) [/teasing]

Dot wrote:*just lost her post for no apparent reason and decides the time has come. She must get Lazarus*
*nods vigorously in approval*

*receives Dot's special wave gratefully and sends one back in return*

Dot wrote:Lady L, I am still taking biology, but I finished Bio I and now I'm on Bio II. I still don't get what's so fascinating about the inside of a pig...........
Have you covered any physiology, or just the pig's anatomy? Cause I think it's rather interesting (though, I'm thinking more in lines of A&P, not regular bio). Though, I can see it being a lot of info thrown at you too, with the pace of a summer class.

*promptly faints at Jo's shockingly colorless posts* Though, I understand not wanting to write in the code over and over again. It can get tiresome. :p

Jo wrote:Speaking of ads, lately I've head the steady ad on the right that says "Meet the locals: go green; date your neighbour; cute guys galore" or something like that. /:) Yeah, right. :P
Wow. /:) That's why I like my ad blocker. :D ;))

She who posts in maroon (most of the time ;) ) wrote:Yes, Lady_Liln, it's still ugly-hot here, too, 'though that's supposed to break on the weekend. And August, for us, is generally much more comfortable than July's weather. But this stubborn hot, humid spell is going on 'forever'! (Since near the beginning of July!)
I just like our dear AC machine. :) It's pretty much always humid here til early/mid-September. Heat-wise, I suppose it might be better then July, but tis still too hot. :p

Jo, about the owl avatars wrote:DiGs works at a bird sanctuary, as part of his experience to become a vet :D, and there were many owls there, all of whom we were fascinated with, so we decided to have owls avvies when we returned home. They are truly beautiful and mysterious birds. The strong, silent type.
Ah, very nice. :)

Jo, the very quotable, wrote:*notes the Square has nearly come to its first 200 page-mark, which means we must needs call Abe Lincoln to fulfill his honourable task in a wee while*
Indeed! This Square's been slow to fill up, but great fun (At least, for the parts I've been around for). *begins to weep for the passing of the first (on the new forum) Square* ;)

KK, sounds like a pretty good major and minor. :) Judging by the Wiki article GIS looks interesting; I'd never heard of it before.

Ly wrote:By the way, folks, it's not that I don't love children ... I do. Very much so, in fact. And ordinarily, I enjoy watching/teaching them/whatever. It's just that this group doesn't appear to be very well-behaved AT ALL. They were constantly talking over the regular teacher. I'm not sure I'll be able to deal with that ... we may have a "no talking when the teacher is talking/running you through an activity" rule.
Ooh. Not fun. The best way I've found with a group like that is to just stop talking and silently look from each speaker to another. After a few nudges from the other kids, the loud ones usually get it. ;) :p

Aiden wrote:*waves back to LL!* When do you go back to college? Or is it too soon to think about that?
It is indeed to soon to think of that. ;) But, I can tell you the answer. :p Classes begin on August 23. :( :p

Ali, very cool that you're getting An Airplane Carried Me to Bed soon! :D

Ali wrote:But I've really had some bad experiences. I've had people insult and make fun of me to my face, or at least completely ignore and avoid me in pretty much every group setting I've been in.
Not cool. :ymhug: I don't know what to tell you, other then that just because a few have done that, does not mean that every teen around your age is like that.

Nice post, btw. ;) :p

Ben, nice about the condo. I can imagine it's much nicer then living in an RV. :)

Kathy wrote:*parades into the Square announcing that she will be going on holiday tomorrow, has somewhat recovered from her sickness just in time and, most importantly, :p the CD I was waiting for that was supposed to come on time then got delayed - still arrived yesterday* :ymparty: :D
Yay! That's all wonderful news!

AC wrote:I just came onto Narniaweb and saw the screencaps from the new trailer. B-) I'm a bit more excited for this movie now. Although the 4 Pevensies made another appearance.. /:) and come on, close-ups of Peter and Susan but not Edmund and Lucy?? [-( That's ridiculous.
I'm pretty happy with this new trailer. I'm choosing not to worry about the Pevensies stuff yet, as it's just too weird to make any sense. :p

Kathy, talking about Sky Sailing, wrote:Yes! The part that goes "pretend you're not alone.." *is happy that someone else noticed* ;)
Well, I don't recall if I completely caught it on my first listen through, but TheAlbumProject.net's review said it, and that's where it clicked as a not-just-me-imagining-things sound. :p

*has finished AtHLtS and starts Go by Jonsi*

Interesting dream QS. :p

And, Veggie Tales are fun. :p Though, without any young enough siblings, it's not very easy to see them very often anymore. ;) ;))

Ruby, sounds like you've been having a lovely summer!

*suffocates in Ruby's bear hug, catches her breath, and then returns the favor to Ruby* ;) :ymhug:

The most royal Square Onion, Cor wrote:I believe it all started with Lady A falling into the fountain all the time and then you decided I needed to "enjoy" the experience or something and then it became what we did.
Ah, but you have enjoyed it! ;) :p Poor Lady A has had many falls into the fountain. :p

*cheers Vern on and supplies him with many more buckets of cool water* ;) ;))

Aiden wrote:Why do you say eleven posts?
No, elven. It's because I made a typo a few pages back of leaving an "e" out of eleven. Mel turned a few posts into an elven font and it looked quite pretty. :)

And, I think that's everything. Sweet dreams and God bless all you Square Onions!

See you in the next Square!
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Queen Susan » Aug 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Johobbit wrote:we were having our traditional bonfire on Friday evening, when ramagut began singing an old church camp song, "It Only Takes a Spark" or "Pass It On". 'Twas exceedingly popular way back when. :P Anyway, it was nice to re-live that again, in my dream.
Oh, fun. :) Did any of the "younger attendees" ( ;) ) there know it? :)

*waves to Ruby* Your birthday sounds like it was greatly fun. :D How nice! :)

Edit:
LadyLiln wrote:Though, without any young enough siblings, it's not very easy to see them very often anymore. ;)
Very true. ;)) I think a Veggie Tales video is the only actual movie I own. ;)) But I received it when I was 7 or so. :p Not recently. ;)
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey! :D

again I'm feeling weird...you know what that means ;) . *listens to Justin Beiber's "Somebody to Love"*

maybe this isn't weird...maybe it's the new normal :p .

Kathy wrote:*sigh* then we'll just have to agree to disagree. :p (I had to restrain myself from asking why you think it's lame, because I know the discussion would be endless ;) )

oh yes, I could rant about the evils of that movie forever ;) .

Well, Sky Sailing came. :D :D So I'm not getting it.. yet. ;) But Sky Sailing is amazinggg.. you have to get it a.s.a.p. :p I'm probably going to have over-listened to it before I even get to Hong Kong... (like right now ;) ) Overnight I've become a huge fan of Adam Young, :p I'm going to have to check OC out more now. ;)

yes I ordered it :D . I think I'm starting to like Owl City better again though :p . Adam Young is the best best best guy you can be a huge fan of though ;) . Seriously, I love that dude :p . Get Ocean Eyes soon!

Mhm.. yeah, maybe. :)

so you don't think you know me well :p ? Really, most of my good friends are on the internet.

Really? :-\ The radio drama sounds like he's asleep. :p Oh wait, no, that would be the BBC version. :p I've finished PC, and I like him a bit more now, the growls in his speech are just a bit annoying. I'll have to listen to that part in HHB a couple of people mentioned.. but HHB is my least favourite so it might be awhile. :p *hopes she won't get things thrown at her for saying that*

I was gonna say... :p . I like the growls! Aslan is wild! Not completely tame and gentle! Lol, it's my second least favorite so you won't get anything thrown at you from me ;)) . I do love that part though...

Thank you. ;) :p Yeah, I agree.. but his voice is too high for me to like. :p

I like it when guys have high voices! They're seriously the best :p . Beiber's voice is pretty sweet. I just wish he sang in a band like Deas Vail or did something like Owl City. He has talent he just uses it in horrible ways ;) .

*gasp* I don't think I can talk to you anymore. ;)

hehe, I find organzing and putting things away enjoyable :p .

Aww.. I'm sorry you don't want to do it. :( :ymhug: You should come to my school.. you'd be hard pushed to find a group of more accepting people. :) But that doesn't really help... :p
I'm sure it won't be that bad. (sorry if I'm being clueless/insensitive and it actually is going to be really bad or something. :ymblushing: ) But at least you want to take the class! ;) Praying for you too. :)

;)) it's ok. I'm starting to get used to the idea, although I'm sure I won't like it...

:ymparty: When's it coming? :)

it's supposed to be sent August 9, and it takes 3-9 days to arrive... :D

*judges* jk :p

*pouts* I TOLD you NOT to! X( :p

AJoanna wrote: :-o Noooo, not to the dark side!! :(

aww come on. Why does no one like him!? :(( :p

*has been watching the BBC "Robin Hood" and thinks someone should give Robin a haircut*

He almost has Bieber hair. ;)) Oh, and, just saying, the costumes on that show are atrocious. :p But as a whole, the show is fairly entertaining.

season 1 or 2? I think it's perfect in season 2 but in season 1 it's too short ;) .

Beiber hair is awesome! Yeah most of the costumes are pretty bad. I hate pretty much all of Marian's but Robin and his men aren't so bad. I especially like Djaq's costumes. They make her's feminine but still active wear (something they can't accomplish well with Marian 8-| :p ).

Jo wrote:You aren't alone in needing these reminders, GtG. :ymhug:

:ymhug: .

So how are you doing? :)

Cor wrote:@ Ali. I'm afraid not. :( I have listened to some good stuff recently. :) ;)

Ack! You hate ketchup?!?! :-o I LOVE the stuff!! :D :ymdaydream:

As have I ;) . What music have you heard?

Ugh :ymsick: . I seriously can't even touch the bottle. It digusts me to no end. I think it's b/c of what I associate it with. I can't eat ketchup (or applesauce or cheese popcorn) either b/c I think of my younger siblings with the nasty stuff smeared all over their grimy faces :-s :p .

Micah wrote:Yup, yup.

Aw, that kinda stinks. :-s Yes, that, plus how Guy ends up. At least from what I've heard...

Like I said, I don't have a problem with purists, and I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking PC is a horrible movie, but I'm not a purist myself, so I allow for more slack, and try to just view it as a standalone movie.

;))

Don't tell me anything about Guy! I don't know anything about him. I'm almost done with the season though... :D

Yeah it's really hard for me to do that. It's like, if they're going to name their movie after a book, try to make it the same story, ok? /:) :p

LL wrote:*decides on Deas Vail's All The Houses Look the Same album as her music for this ketchup*

:-bd good choice (better than mine *ahem* Justin Bieber :ymblushing: :p ).

Ali, very cool that you're getting An Airplane Carried Me to Bed soon! :D

hehe I know! :D :p

Not cool. :ymhug: I don't know what to tell you, other then that just because a few have done that, does not mean that every teen around your age is like that.

Nice post, btw. ;) :p

:ymhug: thank you. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping.

hehe thanks ;)) .

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Benjamin » Aug 05, 2010 7:57 pm

*enters*

Meltintalle wrote: :-o Oh, you were just kidding. You had me a little worried there for a minute. :p ;))

lol! Yeah there is no way I would like that and still be sound minded.

daughter of the King wrote:Oh good. You were starting to scare me. :-s :p

;)) I suppose that would scare anyone ;)

stargazer wrote:Aye, it's one of my favorite things to do! So many great memories. :) And that stargazing session jo referred to (at the Ohio Moot) really was special.

I bet it was! Lots of good friends looking up at the stars together! :ymdaydream:

Ali wrote:ooh fun! What kind, if I may ask? :)

I don't mind if you ask but I don't exactly remember ;)) I think it was swing or something of the sort...

yeah...I don't know any movie where I can do that. I always hate movies that call themselves based on a book when they're totally different. I still fume incessantly about PC and PJO. X(

Yeah it is annoying when the say they are based on the books (even though they are "kind of based on the book by C.S Lewis")
PJO?

Oh! I know! The kiss was my faaavorite part :x ! It was so beautifully romantic and when "The Call" started playing.!... *melts*...BWAHAHA KIDDING! ;)) Hehe yep, we both hate it, as should any other sensible person ;) . Yeah the battle was pretty epic, especially when they run out of the ground, or open the pits and the Telmarines and horses fall in to them! lol, I enjoyed watching them die! Mwuahaha :ymdevil: . Boy, I sound creepy :p . I liked Edmund fighting Trumpkin too and....well when they enter Narnia and find Cair Paravel. But that's about it...

HAHA =))
The Call has a cool sound to it I think.
You do sound a bit *gulp* creepy :-s
Yeah when they enter and find is cool as well.

yeah I have one big copy but I want to get individual copies- easier to read :p .

Yeah they are! A lot nicer!

yes they are delicious, but I hate biting in to them b/c of my sensitive teeth :-s :p .

Well they are not that hard are they? Usually strawberries are pretty tender.

wheee!!! I scared Ben! Mwuhaha :ymdevil: =)) :p .

Yeah, well, we're both weird :p .

8-| [-(

That's a sure thing!

and there is both of our most used! ;)) :p =)) ;)

:p ;))

yeah but I sure hope I don't die that way :p .

Yeah that would be terrible!

no it's "That is correct, ma'am (madame, miss, something respectful)". Since you have started using the proper respect, I expect you to use respect in your manners concering me from now on :p .

8-| Yeah yeah whatever...

NA-UH!!! X(

8-|

that's not trust! If you trusted me, you wouldn't have to check! :p

True true, but if you are right then I can trust you more in the future :)

nope, sorry- mine is! ;))

Should we take a square vote? .... Well actually lets not! ;) :P

he does, but he doesn't completely have that wild and untamed side.

True but still they make him way to "Yeeeesssss yyyyooooouuuu mmmmaaayyyyy!!!" and like quotes. Not the actual line but the way he says it.

stargazer wrote:That's great news, Benjamin! Colorado is so lovely; I really enjoyed our visits to the Rockies.

It is very lovely! Where did you go in the Rockies?

Ali wrote:Hi Ben's face :-h ! Lol, I know I'm weird :p .

wow that's a great deal on the condo! God sure blessed you guys with that :) .

Ooh LWW- that's fun! Someone who hasn't watched it yet :-o [-( :p !

lol!

Yeah He sure did!
Yeah it was!
Well he was not allowed by his parents because of the odd creatures and things like that.
He really enjoyed it!

Aslans Country wrote:*waves to Ben after deciding that there is no way to continue the conversation they were having* :p

*waves back to Aslans Country* Yeah ;))

johobbit wrote:Benjamin, that's great to hear about the condo! I bet you're enjoying the spaciousness of it. :) Was this BBC LWW or Disney LWW you watched? Just wonderin' ... [/color]
[/color]

Oh yeah I am! B-) ;)) It was the Disney one, I have never watched the BBC one. To tell the truth I started watching BBC Voyage of The Dawn Treader, and had to stop :ymblushing: and after that never watched anymore... Yeah I know :-o ... ;))

*waves back to Micah* Good to see you as well! How is life for you?

Lady_Liln wrote:Ben, nice about the condo. I can imagine it's much nicer then living in an RV. :)

*loves the colorful post in the square*
Yeah! When I first walked in it I was like... "..." ;))

#:-s There we go, done :)

Edit: Ali: Just take a look at This listing of names from "Robin Hood" Season 2 Episode "The Angel of Death". Look closely at the name "Luke Scarlett" :P So should I trust you? :p ;) :)

Got to be headed off now others things to be done.

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 05, 2010 9:30 pm

*slowly walks in to the square wiping her eyes and holding her head*

I just finished watching one of the last episodes in season 2 of Robin Hood and it was so sooo sooooo incredibly sad and depressing. I'll put the rest in a spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet I can't believe Marian died! I knew she was going to, but still! It was sooo sad! Poor poor Robin! *cry* at least they got married before she died- that was the sweetest thing :( . Oh gosh now I'm going to start crying again. I have such a headache right now from crying so much. It's kinda funny b/c I really don't like Marian, but I feel so bad for Robin! Oh :(( . I can't believe Will and Djaq stay in the Holy Land too! I knew they weren't in season 3 but but :( . *sigh* anyway, I shall try to continue the rest of this post like my normal, semi-hyper/cheerful self :ymsigh: :) .

Ben wrote:I don't mind if you ask but I don't exactly remember ;)) I think it was swing or something of the sort...

;)) swing is cool. Reminds me of this movie we saw called Swing Kids. Soooo sad. Most WWII movies/books are :( .

Yeah it is annoying when the say they are based on the books (even though they are "kind of based on the book by C.S Lewis")
PJO?

yep
Percy Jackson and the Olympians. That movie was horrific. I bought PC on DVD (when I was young and foolish 8-| :p ) but I will NOT buy that. It was a worse adaption than PC was, which is saying alot.

HAHA =))
The Call has a cool sound to it I think.
You do sound a bit *gulp* creepy :-s
Yeah when they enter and find is cool as well.

;))
Eh, it was ok, I just really hated that they started playing it during the movie.
Hehe I know :ymdevil: :p
yep

Yeah they are! A lot nicer!

next time I have some cash that I'm not spending on CDs I will buy them ;) .

Well they are not that hard are they? Usually strawberries are pretty tender.

nope not hard, but they're cold.

8-| [-(

That's a sure thing!

hehe I did!!!! :p

and a good thing. Weird people are the best :p .

:p ;))

:))

Yeah that would be terrible!

no kidding! It would be terrible if you died that way too, but I don't think anyone in your family shoots, right? ;))

8-| Yeah yeah whatever...

yeah, that's not what I meant. Proper respect. Good manners . Get it?

8-|

X(

True true, but if you are right then I can trust you more in the future :)

oh fine then ;)) !

Should we take a square vote? .... Well actually lets not! ;) :P

it would be rather funny ;)) .

True but still they make him way to "Yeeeesssss yyyyooooouuuu mmmmaaayyyyy!!!" and like quotes. Not the actual line but the way he says it.

that made me laugh like a hyena :p . I guess that's true...I wish we could combine elements of both their voices... *is enjoying Perfect Land* :p

lol!

Yeah He sure did!
Yeah it was!
Well he was not allowed by his parents because of the odd creatures and things like that.
He really enjoyed it!

;))

:)

Oh I see. I'm glad he liked it though...any chance of him becoming a nut fanatic like us? :p

Ben to Jo wrote:It was the Disney one, I have never watched the BBC one. To tell the truth I started watching BBC Voyage of The Dawn Treader, and had to stop :ymblushing: and after that never watched anymore... Yeah I know :-o ... ;))

eh don't feel bad. I strongly dislike those movies- you're not missing anything :p .

Edit: Ali: Just take a look at This listing of names from "Robin Hood" Season 2 Episode "The Angel of Death". Look closely at the name "Luke Scarlett" :P So should I trust you? :p ;) :)

:| well in my defense, I just went and re-watched the episode and listened very closely and I realized I thought it was Lucas b/c Will says Lukey...see? Not my fault [-( :p . And yes you should trust me- I trust you :) ...sometimes :p .

ok that cheered me up some. But just thinking about...ah well, don't want to get too sad again. Off to listen to some Owl City :) .

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby starkat » Aug 06, 2010 6:30 am

*drops in* 200 pages. Time for a new Town Square. The first since the great forum move! Will be sad to see this thread go even if I didn't do more than just drop in once in a blue moon. Ah well. We shall see if my appearances improve on the next!

Cheery Dittos to all!
starkat

Previous