This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Fountain I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Fountain I

Postby LadyGrace » Dec 31, 2010 2:57 pm

Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters

Grace looked into Liam's eyes, "Good bye...", is all she could manage to say. She really liked Liam, but she wasn't going to try to keep him. She kicked herself for allowing her feelings for Liam to go so far. She knew from the beginning that he would leave. She knew nothing about him, really. He never talked about family, or a home, or a job. He had nothing for all she knew... But what she felt for him was something new, exciting, and she didn't want it to end so soon.
LadyGrace
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lover of narnia » Dec 31, 2010 3:21 pm

Liam brushed his lips again'st the back of Grace's hand, then looked into her eyes once more. I promise that I'll come to see you again

With her image forever printed within his mind he turned away, his heart burning with every foot fall. He risked peering back to look at her, to get that final glance, before stepping out of the inn. He drank in a long breath of thick morning air, heavy with that weight of dew, then approached Stendar, who was holding the reigns of their horses. The older man had left the inn while Liam had been saying his goodbyes.

"Ready?"

"Yes." Liam mounted smoothly. He yanked the hood of his cloak over his head, and watched Stendar as he mounted and nodded.

"Let's ride. Dawn is fast approaching"

Liam spurred his horse, and sent it into a fast canter. At the sound of hoof beats, several people appeared standing outside, but when they reached the street only the backs of the two riders could be seen, riding into the rising sun.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Warrior Of Narnia » Dec 31, 2010 4:52 pm

Viris and his soldiers had left the plains two hours ago, riding hard to reach the small village located in the forest. The scout had pinpointed it on their map, and since the stupid fellow had no horse, Viris had left him on the plains to walk back to the Capitol.

The trees whipped past them quickly as their horses pounded down the road between the massive trees that loomed above them. This was one of the oldest sections of the forest, where the trees were taller than many other parts, and their shadows covered everything except where motes of light stabbed through to prick the dirt and grass.

The scout had said he had left the town a week ago. The chance of them finding any clues leading to the fugitive was slim, but they were determined.

Ahead, after cresting a hill, the village came into view. A cluster of houses and small shops filled the clearing that the villagers had made. He slowed their approach, but did not disperse his men, they would ride into town proudly, as a soldier of the king.

As they broke from the cover of the trees, the sunlight caught their silver equipment, glinting, reflecting. A mere few moments more, and they were on the main street (not to mention the only street) in the village. They slowed to a walk, and came up to a building that looked to be a tavern. "Dismount!" He barked.

They complied, getting off the horses and forming into an orderly group, all watching and observing the town and few inhabitants that were milling about because of their arrival. Viris turned toward the door to the tavern, and motioned for his Lieutenant to follow him. The Lieutenant took a roll of paper from his saddlebag, and they entered.

Once inside, Viris took the paper, and raised his voice, "Attention! In the Name of the King! We are searching for a dangerous fugitive that has been reported in this area." He unrolled the paper, "This is his likeness, as close as we know. If anyone has any knowledge of this individual, please step forward now. There is a reward for his capture, which will be delivered to the person that gives information leading to his arrest. Any person providing shelter to this person, who does not come forward, will be arrested as an accomplice."
"We are Spartans... impossible is what we do."

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Sisters - LON (RL), Chloe, Rosie
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1
Warrior Of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lover of narnia » Dec 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Jack was sitting at a corner table in the tavern, swigging down a tall glass of ale, when the guard's entered. No townsfolk around this area of the country had ever seen such pristine king's men. Their armor shone, even in the dim light coming from the establishment, and they stood at attention, in perfect posture. Several tavern goers marveled at the sight of them, others kept their distance eying them cautiously.

Jack was in shock for several moments, until the captain produced the wanted poster. His mouth dropped open and he swallowed his eyes fixing on the sketch of the man. There was no doubt he knew who that was. It's that guy! That guy that Grace was seeing....no wonder he left! This resentful farm boy had discovered that morning, after rising about 7 am, that his 'rival' had left. He had found this out not by questioning Grace, but by doing his own investigating and finding their horses gone, and their room (which he had found they were staying in) empty.

This could be my chance! I could get back at both of them! Grace for betraying me, and that guy for coming in the first place. Yes. This is my chance...and plus there is a reward

Getting up from his seat, he ignored his friend's warnings, and came walking straight up to the captain. "Sir! I know something of that man!"

Yes, it's true, many other of the people in the building knew Liam. Knew that, that was him on the wanted poster, and also knew he had been staying in the inn, but all of them had grown to like Liam. Especially after he had saved the small girl from the obnoxious guard in the street. So, known of the others had spoken up, but as Jack did, several of the people glared coldly at him.

L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Warrior Of Narnia » Dec 31, 2010 8:30 pm

Viris was watching the people, his Lieutenant was as well, when a young man spoke from the back and shoved his way forward.

The Captain raised an eyebrow as Jack approached, and then lowered the paper, "You say you know something of the man? What information do you have?"

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1
Warrior Of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lover of narnia » Dec 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Vayond: The Shadowed hunters

"Yes, I know a good deal of him" Jack said, planting himself firmly in front of the towering captain "He has been staying in the Inn, sheltered by a woman there named Grace. He's been there for over a month, hiding out. He left only today, and I'm not sure where he went, but I'm sure Grace could tell you" with that, he set his jaw, and waited for the captain to say something.

Several village men straightened their shoulders and glared at Jack's back, as he told of Liam.

L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Warrior Of Narnia » Dec 31, 2010 8:52 pm

Viris gave a short nod, "We'll go to the inn then, and see what this 'Grace' has to say about this. You'll come with us." he ordered, spinning on his heel. The Lieutenant stepped between the captain and Jack, and they stepped back out into the sunlight.

Viris headed down the street, while his subordinate gave orders for a few of the men to stay with the horses, and the others to follow them.

At the end of the street, the inn stood, looking a bit lonely, and rather deserted since no one was staying there. The guards marched straight up to the door, and stepped through one by one (since they couldn't fit more than one of them through the door in their armor anyway).

Viris immediately stepped over to the reception desk, and pounded a fist into it.

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1
Warrior Of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lover of narnia » Dec 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Jack hadn't expected to be drug along with the captain and his men, but walked smoothly with them. When they entered the Inn, his face curved into a malicious grin, and his eyes sparked. Only a month ago he had entertained thoughts of marrying Grace, but after many weeks of watching the 'Fugitive' and her, he had grown to hate her for betraying him. Yes, he saw it as betraying, and all he could think of now was revenge.

L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby LadyGrace » Dec 31, 2010 9:07 pm

Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters:

Grace heard him bang on the desk, and she came into the room. "Hello. How may I help you gentlemen?" Grace said, eying Jack.
LadyGrace
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Warrior Of Narnia » Dec 31, 2010 9:56 pm

Viris nodded, "Ma'am, we are searching for this person." he held out the wanted poster, showing Liam's face.

"He is a fugitive from the law, we are King's soldiers, looking for him. He was reported to be in this town, and this young fellow." he motioned at Jack, "Said he had seem him staying at your inn... do you have any information?"

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1
Warrior Of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 01, 2011 9:27 am

~*~~ Terribly Secret~~*~

"Lewis?"

This was the first time in hours that he had felt relaxed, comfortable. Lewis sighed and stretched out in his armchair as his mother came into the room.

"Lewis, it's you! I'm so glad! You should have visited sooner!"

"Couldn't get off work." Lewis yawned.

Plus, I had other problems of my own.

"How's Kirsten? And the baby?"

"They're fine. We're still trying to figure out a name for the little guy..."

Lewis allowed his thoughts to drift. Why did everything have to be so difficult?? He had plans! Plans for him, for his dear wife, Kirsten and their new baby. After three years of marriage, they'd finally fulfilled their dream.

And now, this to muddle things up.

Why does it all have to happen to me, when I should be the happiest ever? I can't even enjoy my wife and new baby, and all because of...because of...

My sister

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior Of Narnia » Jan 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Jarien sat listening to the small talk that went on. Adi sat next to him, leaning on him slightly as if for support, her own knife sheathed and tucked beneath the folds of her shirt. He was flipping his white-bladed knife in his hands, and the motions made his mind wander.

He thought about how quickly he had become friends with the others in their little group. People he wouldn't probably have ever met or gotten to know, thrown together... it was amazing how fate conspired.

He felt more than saw the subtle change in the mood around the camp when the woman got up and began to braid Shyanne's hair. Something wasn't right and he snapped out of his thoughts. He looked at the old woman, and then saw something he should have earlier. Her hands... they weren't old and careworn.

He stood, too late. The woman had a knife to Shyanne's throat, and threatened to kill her if he didn't drop his weapon. He held his hands out, but didn't drop it yet, "Just hold on... wait... let's talk..."

He prayed that the woman wouldn't hurt Shyanne... and something told him that they wouldn't. They looked like bandit's that wanted money, something they didn't have much of... but Shyanne could be used for ransom.

Adi stood as well, but didn't draw her knife yet, keeping it hidden. She stayed slightly behind Jarien, and then heard noises outside the cave, more bandits.

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1
Warrior Of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 01, 2011 6:29 pm

~*~~Terribly Secret~~*~

Lewis realized that this was the time. Now. Now, or never.
He approached the petite woman, gluing his eyes to her mass of curly blond hair. She turned to him with a smile that slipped off of her face as soon as she saw who he was.

"Brother," she said "You have put this off far for too long. No- we have put this off for far too long."

"I know, Emily," he said, tears blurring his vision, "And I'm sorry. That's why I'm here."

Lewis bent down to the ground, hands clasped , face looking imploringly towards the woman.

"Emily, sister ...will you please forgive me for all that I've done?"

He waited, tears dripping onto the knees of his khaki pants.

"Of course I forgive you."

He had said it. She had said it. Lewis jumped up and embraced her.
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady_Of_Sunsets » Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm

~^*^~Remember~^*^~

For a moment, Justin felt as if he were suspended in the middle of the sky during a storm of thunder and lightening, because of the glowing flashes that somehow penetrated through his closed eyelids, and the rough, cold pummeling that felt very like a heavy wind. A roaring sound filled his ears, and then it subsided to a tension-filled murmur. This last noise sounded strangely out of place in his stormy surroundings, so he opened his eyes, not sure what to expect. A myriad of people surrounded him, no, not him, something else, though they pressed so close about him that it was hard not to feel a little defensive. He tried to brush of his shirt, which he suspected would have accumulated more than its fair share of dust and grit; he was surprised to see that, not only were his clothes completely clean, they were changed entirely. Sturdy red trousers under a black tunic, around which a leather sheath held what appeared to be a sharp-edged scythe (he grimaced, knowing that he really wasn't the violent type) and around his upper arm was a thin banded copper bracelet, he wondered if his arm had turned green yet.
Avatar and Signature by Jillhope
Co creator of role play ~^*^~Remember~^*^~. Pm me or Jillhope to join!
Lady_Of_Sunsets
NarniaWeb Newbie

Madam Sephora/Lady Shyanne

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 01, 2011 9:06 pm

"Oh, we will talk about it." Sephora said, even having the audacity to chuckle as she adjusted the knife. "When I say so."

"Now, I'm losing my patience and I don't think this poor girl can hold out much longer before she loses consciousness. Having a knife to your throat is a very tiring and frightening ordeal, you know.." Sephora shrugged lightly. "Put your weapons down." Sephora said through a clenched jaw. Her eyes snapped with impatience as she gave the command.

"Put them down!" Shyanne said, her eyes widening in fear. Her voice quivered, despite her attempt at remaining calm.
"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Brywahr Academy

Postby Jillhope » Jan 01, 2011 10:20 pm

~*~Brywahr Academy~*~

Lilly looked around again to regain her bearings. Her leg still hurt like it had been kicked by a horse (which when she came to think of it wasn't to terribly far from the truth). She stood and started again to walk down the hall to the boys' room; as she walked she tried not to think about how badly her leg hurt... and how much she wanted to twist her braid. She reached the door and knocked, trying to straighten herself out so that hopefully she wouldn't look like she'd been limping as badly as she had... Lilly never had liked feeling week or insecure.

~Lady Fiona
Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air... ...your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"
Jillhope
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: A small planet somewhere near the location of Betelgeuse

PreviousNext