Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Postby Meltintalle » May 27, 2019 1:10 pm

Norah paused in the entry on her way to the dining room, an awkward armful of boards sticking up toward the ceiling.

"You folks say your son is missing? Are we talking "he was right here a minute ago" or "I haven't seen him since Dinkling Falls"? 'Cause the first, he'll show up when I ring the dinner bell, like as not, and the second you might want to have a chat with the sheriff."
avatar by wunderkindlucy
Image
Visit the Silver Chair Reading Group!
User avatar
Meltintalle
Moderator
Ra-pun-z-mel
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Oct 06, 2005
Location: Scanning your bookcases

Re: Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Postby Blackstar » Jun 10, 2019 1:36 am

"I haven't seen him since before we got here, so the latter." Eliza replied.
"Ya and we're getting a bit worried." Marcus added while scanning the group once more.



((OOC) I am again sorry about not posting. And to let you know I will not be back online until around the 16th. Good night and thanks for reading.)
User avatar
Blackstar
NarniaWeb Regular
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Feb 14, 2019

Re: Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Postby Ryadian » Jun 10, 2019 12:16 pm

"Zale?" Cody heard the familiar name, and pushed past the crowd to get to the couple he'd heard say it. He realized the pair must be Zale's parents, and felt a great deal of relief. "Did you say you're looking for Zale? He's here... I mean, he's in town with us. Last I saw him, he was sitting under a tree."

Cody was struck by guilt for abandoning Zale like he did. He'd more or less assumed that someone had found him and brought him back into the group once they'd all started moving on. He really should've double-checked that. His eyes dropped to the floor as he added, "He... he looked like he wanted to be alone for a while. But I know he was looking for you. I mean, assuming you're his parents - he was looking for his parents."
Image
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
User avatar
Ryadian
Moderator
 
Posts: 11998
Joined: Jun 10, 2004
Location: Minnesota, US
Gender: Female

Re: Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Postby Blackstar » Jun 25, 2019 12:32 am

“Thank you. That really helps narrow down where he could be.” Eliza sweetly smiled at Cody for the information that he gave to her. Marcus also smiled knowing they were one step closer to finding their son.


* * *


Zale felt a bit awkward just standing outside so he finally decided to gather up the courage to go inside. Once he had made it inside he saw that there was a group of people talking to each other. While looking closer at the group he noticed Cody near the center. Zale wanted to get Cody’s attention because he was one of the only people he knew, but it seemed that he was occupied with whatever the group was talking about. Meanwhile, he spotted an unoccupied seat and sat down.
User avatar
Blackstar
NarniaWeb Regular
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Feb 14, 2019

Re: Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Norah gave the dinner bell a good, hard ring. No one--unless they were deaf as the grave--could miss the sound.

"Come 'n get it!" she hollered for good measure.

Her guests soon filled the benches. Norah and her helpers bustled between the kitchen and dining room, keeping the serving bowls full. Conversations sprouted around "please pass the salt" and "did you try this dish?"

It was later than the usual dinner hour, but they were unusual guests. That didn't affect any appetites that Norah noticed. With a smidge of luck she could pack everyone up to bed, content and well fed, and let tomorrow bring what it would. A good night's sleep would give perspective to the situation.
avatar by wunderkindlucy
Image
Visit the Silver Chair Reading Group!
User avatar
Meltintalle
Moderator
Ra-pun-z-mel
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Oct 06, 2005
Location: Scanning your bookcases

Re: Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Postby aileth » Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Molly smothered a big yawn. If she wasn't careful, she was going to fall asleep into her plate of food.

"Wonder what kind of sleeping arrangements they've got around here. Sure hope that 'hitting the hay' is only a figure of speech," she muttered to the boy beside her. "Are you Zale? My name's Molly. Actually, hay wouldn't be too bad, considering some of the things I've tried to sleep on," she continued, chuckling.

Other people seemed to be finishing up their meal, so Molly began collecting up the clean-scraped plates and stacking them into a pile.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
User avatar
aileth
Moderator
Peripatetic powder-room sub
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Jan 02, 2014
Location: Beautiful British Columbia
Gender: Female

Re: Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Postby Lady Arwen » Jul 19, 2019 6:07 pm

As quickly as Molly scraped the plates, Grace whisked them away and into soapy water. Another dried, and Jephthah carefully stacked them. Clean up passed quickly, and soon everything was back where it belonged.

Grace stood in the doorway, watching as Nora bustled about, directing the last few folks to their appropriate rooms.

“It seems you have everyone quite sorted, so think I’ll head out and get these two to bed myself,” she said. “Goodnight, Nora, rest well.”
Avatar thanks to AITB
User avatar
Lady Arwen
Moderator
The Mermod
 
Posts: 8019
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Location: may vary
Gender: Female

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron