The Town Square II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Town Square II

Postby ceppault » Jul 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Rough times, Sonny. When you are around, hope to hear how you and yours are coming along after your brother's passing.

Glad to see other residents of Ditto Town feel nostalgic about the old days when 10 or more pages of posts would pass in a day.

*Gorse One-Eye looks thoughtful as he considers the quiet of Ditto Town Square. "People come. People go," he says to ceppault. Ceppault replies, "Indeed, my old friend. That's Ditto Town."*
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby johobbit » Sep 15, 2018 8:26 am

*pops in briefly*

How're y'all doing?!

Sonny, continuing to think of you in this grief.

I'm sure glad summer is pretty much over and my favourite season is about to begin. Some summers I wonder how I am going to make it through. But I always do, so there's that. :P

*waves cheerily to all the denizens of the good ol' Town Square* :-h And just for fun, and because I can never find a good spot to put this emoticon ...
:o)

;))
johobbit

Postby ceppault » Oct 10, 2018 8:18 am

*pops in briefly for a cup of tea with Gorse*

Watching Hurricane Michael make landfall as a category 4.

It is feeling like Fall here. Been too warmish for my tastes. The leaves are changing color.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stargazer » Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Hey ceppault!

I've been watching the hurricane coverage as well.

It's rained here pretty much all month, leading to saturated ground and localized flooding. And now there's snow to the northwest of here, and we may get the season's first flakes tonight. This cold, wet weather isn't doing well for the fall colors, but I hope to still get a chance to take a trip out of town next week if it dries out and warms up a little.
"The eclipse will melt your spine!'

- Overheard in a telephone pictionary game, August 2017
stargazer

Postby Ryadian » Oct 14, 2018 6:52 pm

ceppault, are you safe from Hurricane Michael right now? Admittedly, I don't know a lot about hurricanes since I live so far away from any coasts, but I thought hurricane season was over. This one seemed to come out of nowhere.

I took a weekend trip with an 1 1/2 hour drive to get home today. I got to watch the world basically go from perfect fall colors to a world that looked like it had been dusted with powdered sugar. And then, of course, after I got to drive in it, the snow almost immediately melted. ;)) I have a feeling we're going to have a very short fall.

But, I had a fun weekend with local NarniaWebbers and I got to enjoy one last beautiful fall weekend, so I'm satisfied. :) I heartily ditto Jo - autumn is simply the best time of the year. Oddly enough, I've found that I've been getting very nostalgic memories of coming home from school - as in, elementary through high school. I never thought that I'd think back to those days so wistfully! Autumn does strange things to me. Strange, wonderful things. *Sighs contentedly*
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Previous