This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Is it possible that heaven is Aslans Country

C. S. Lewis, his worlds, and his faith.

Moderators: coracle, Lady Arwen

Re: Is it possible that heaven is Aslans Country

Postby Lilygloves » Oct 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I have been thinking about this recently, and I thought that Aslan's Country is not a completely perfect idea of heaven. The dwarves are there and have the ability to reject Aslan, showing there is (for lack of a better word) sin in Aslan's Country. Eustace also interrupts Lucy, a minor transgression but still would be considered sinful. I figured that it may be as if the further up and further in one goes into Aslan's Country, the less the ability to sin is. They noticed that they could not feel fear when swimming up the waterfall as they got further up and further in.
I am not sure if that was what Lewis intended, but it reminded me of spiritual growth. One cannot become a better person without growing closer to God (going further up and further in) and one cannot grow closer to God without becoming a better person.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby parableproductions » Nov 14, 2012 9:36 am

I don't think that Lewis meant for it to be a perfect idea of Heaven. Lewis was a flawed man - just like the rest of us. As such, he was unable to fully capture what Heaven will be like - none of us know for sure, other than we know we will be in the presence of God. What Lewis was able to do with his discription of Aslan's Country was to give us a taste of the joy and excitement that we'll find in Heaven.

As far as the dwarves are concerned - were they still there after the judgement? I can't remember, and I haven't found the box that has my copy of the book.
Further up and further in!!
parableproductions
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnian78 » May 09, 2020 2:40 pm

I believe that Aslan’s Country is heaven. Whether it exists in fiction in the Narnia stories or if it is the real heaven doesn’t make much difference because the goodness in it is the same. The heaven of Narnia is generally C.S. Lewis’s view of the real place, and I think he had a pretty accurate picture of what heaven will be like.
Narnian78
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous