This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia: The Ballet art impressions

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Narnia: The Ballet art impressions

Postby Meltintalle » May 11, 2015 3:26 pm

I saw the Twin Cities Ballet production of Narnia: The Ballet and sketched out a few scenes...

This was my favorite piece, I think. It's the introduction of Aslan and was danced to From the Western Woods to Beaversdam.

The mice and little hedgehogs were ADORABLE. I'm so glad this scene was included.

I will probably replace these with better pictures later (and possibly finish up another couple scenes as well.)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Re: Narnia: The Ballet art impressions

Postby Mehinen » Jul 14, 2015 6:33 am

Beautiful sketches, you have managed to capture the movement from the ballet, Meltintalle! My favorite is the second one, I really like the subtle colors and the layout.
My art blog (both in Finnish and in English) http://mehinen.wordpress.com/
Mehinen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 16, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks!

(Oh, yeah! I was going to do one from when they were in the beaver's house too... wonder if I still have the base sketch for that one... ;)) )
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby SSBN_Dawn_Treader » Sep 29, 2018 7:07 am

Okay, necroposting time : There's a Narnia-themed ballet???

I have to go search for it NOW... My girlfriend loves ballet and has enjoyed the books, so I think she'll be quite happy to see both of them combined!
SSBN_Dawn_Treader
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » Oct 04, 2018 6:07 am

I hope you can find information on the ballet, SSBN_Dawn_Treader... pulling up the thread brought back some good memories. :)

(in case anyone is wondering, I have no idea what happened to the beavers' house sketch, and now I've lost the concept entirely; alas. I do remember there being a dance with the Land Army girls in a hayfield at the beginning and I think the suit of armor had a solo)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel