This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Shift the Ape

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Shift the Ape

Postby 7chronicles » Jun 30, 2012 8:03 pm

So I was trying to think of a character from the books that I haven't drawn yet, and I decided to draw Shift the Ape from The Last Battle.
The picture scanned sort of weird (I'm trying to find a better program to scan with) but I hope it still turned out ok. :)
Hope you guys like it! :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Shift the Ape

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 02, 2012 6:58 pm

I really like your shading on the trees. But then, I love a well-drawn and gnarled tree no matter the context. ;)) The composition and color contrast in the whole piece are excellent :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jul 07, 2012 10:18 am

Oh my goodness. You have such skill! :O

The focal point of the piece, Shift, is really excellently drawn. He looks so real! I love the basket of thread by him and the detail you put into his actions.
The tree is a really fantastic background. The roots are really smoothly done, and the tree itself is really amazing.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby CSLewisNarnia » Jul 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Wow that looks great!! It's done so beautifully! You really captured the fur and the tree very well. The shading is marvelous! (Hey, it could totally be a book cover or something ;)) ) Bravo, for such excellent work!
Icon by me. Sister: Aslanisthebest
Every time I think of a quote or witty comment to put here, the quote is not so spectacular and the comment is not so witty.
CSLewisNarnia
NarniaWeb Junkie