This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Wallpaper

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

VDT Wallpaper

Postby Adeona » Sep 26, 2009 6:39 pm

This WP is made from a photo of a small town in Italy. As soon as I saw it, I thought, "Narrowhaven!" This was before the set for the movie was made.
I finally got around to making a WP out of it. I ended up making it in two variations. I think that I like the first one best; the text is better placed for one thing.
Finally I can thumbnail!!! :ymsmug:
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Re: VDT Wallpaper

Postby greenbird37 » Sep 26, 2009 8:30 pm

I do love the first one too, its so beautiful and you captured it very well!! Well done!
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lion's Emblem » Sep 26, 2009 10:12 pm

A nice pair of wps Adeona. I actually prefer the second wp. I think the texture on the second adds a picturesque quality to it which enhances the image and the concept. Your choice of imagery works well for the concept of the piece (although, some portions feel out of place with the visitors on the beach and the roadway). Text also works nicely with your choice of imagery: in context, layout (on both), font (a bit difficult to read in some places though), and coloration. Nice work on both versions :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ForeverFan » Oct 01, 2009 5:17 pm

I like how different this piece is, Adeona. Not different in a bad sense, but it's unique in that it's of something that hasn't been graphic'd much. The image works well representing Narrowhaven, it has that look about it. :) I would probably agree with Lion's Emblem that I like the look of the second one better, due to the texture. The texture makes it look like a painting, which I think is a neat effect which fits well. :)
[center]Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
ForeverFan
NarniaWeb Zealot
Keeper of Thursdays (BC), Retired