This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Welcome to the new Fan Art! — FAQs and Tips

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Welcome to the new Fan Art! — FAQs and Tips

Postby Gymfan15 » Aug 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello everyone, and welcome to the brand-new Fan Art forum! I know it's a bit overwhelming getting used to a completely new forum style; trust me, it was hard for me at first. :) But I've taken the time to figure out how this place works, and to make things easier for you, here's some helpful FAQ's and tips on how the new forum works, and the changes that have been made. I hope that once you're done reading this, you'll have a clearer and less confusing understanding of the new Fan Art forum, and you can get started right away posting your wonderful graphics!

Posting Old Artwork
Because the old forum is not going to be used anymore, we're starting from a completely clean slate. Since we want to get artwork coming in as soon as possible and a good archive built up, we've decided to allow you to re-post any graphic, artwork, tutorial or resource you've already posted on the old forum. It doesn't matter how old it is, or how new it is. If you posted it before, you can post it again if you want, as long as you adhere to the basic Fan Art Rules (i.e. no double posting, maximum artwork per-post, etc.).

Posting Images and Uploading
As you may have noticed, we don't have a WYSIWYGI editor anymore, which means you have to format everything using BB tags. Some of you have been doing this already, but now it's required. You can find information on basic BBCode here, and you can find updated instructions on Uploading and Thumbnailing here.

New Pinned Threads
Since we're starting completely from scratch, the mods took the opportunity to reorder and rethink forum rules and the pinned threads. The old Wallpaper thread has gone the way of the dodo (All wallpapers will now need to be posted in their own separate thread) and we added a new Resource thread for posting, well, resources. We hope these changes will be beneficial and helpful to all!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™