This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Avatars - First Edition!

Postby flambeau » May 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Thank you all for the comments! :)

Reilla, oooh, #7 is great! I love the coloring on that one, and on #3!
Kira, I like the last one best! Really good textures on the other three as well! :)
Adeona, I love the cropping and text on #7!

Some more new ones from me...

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » May 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Flam, I just came in here and saw those six at the top of the page and my breath got taken away. That coloring is absolutely beautiful. I love the negative space and the use of textures and lighting. Wonderful! Keep it up! Can you do a tutorial on number 6? Please?
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby campgirl » May 10, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks for all the comments! :D :ymhug:

page 82--
HM, I love that picture, and all the different croppings you did! :)
Keia, Love the colorings! My favorites are #2, 3, 4, and 6. :)
flam, (first post) The blues are so pretty!! :D Fabulous job! (2nd post) Again, the blueness of these is just beautiful! My favorites are #1-4. ;))
Lover, (first post) Thank you for the tutorial! :ymhug: Your avvies are stunning! And no, it has nothing to do with the subject... lol jk. ;)) My favorites are #1, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13!, 15, 17, 18, and 20. Great job! (2nd post) Beautiful! My favorites are #1, 3, and 6. :)
Shasta, nice work! My favorites are #1, 2, and 6! :)
Djaqqie, Those are lovely! :) My favorites are #1, 3, 7, 8, and 9. ;))
Wunder, I love them! 1, 3, 4!, 6, and 7. :D

page 83--
flam, (first post) Lovely! My favorites are #1, 3, 5, and 6! You're awesome. ;)) (2nd post) Very nice! Favorites are #2, 3, 4, and 5. #4 is awesome!
tps, Nice! My favorites are #1, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12. :D (And those other two ;) )
Wunder, (first post) wow!! Awesome! :D My favorites are #1, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 18. ;)) (2nd post) Those are great. #2 is definitely my favorite! :D
lizzy, I love the coloring you chose!!
Lover, Beautiful coloring! I love #1 and 5!! :D
Julie, Love them! Favorites are #1, 3 5, 6, and 10. :)
Adeona, (first post) Wow, they are really good with quote stuff! I like the 3rd LB one and the first two MN ones. :) Thanks for sharing! (2nd post) Nice work! I like #6. ;))
Ithilwen, I love the last 4!
Kira, that last one is beautiful!!

page 84--
flam, I'm soo in love with these!! They're gorgeous!!! I love the negative space! :D

Whew. #:-s Some from me...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

C and CC are great! Feel free to use, credit would be nice if you do. ;)

-- cg
Team Hoodie! | Keeper of the Secret Magic | ♥
campgirl
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Elanor » May 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Great work, everyone! :D
Page 83: Ithilwen: Wow - I really love all of yours, they're really creative and you picked beautiful pictures! I think my favorites are 6, 7 and 8, and I love the mistiness in 5 and 6. And of course, 3 is hilarious. :D
Kira: Great job - those first three are really unique and I don't think I've seen anything like them before. And I just love the 4th - so magical! :ymapplause:
Adeona: Without exception, my favorite is 7 - but I really love 2-4 - that's such a cool picture - oh, and thanks for the heads ups about who made those ones. :)
Page 84, flambeau: I'm naturally attracted to your post, because of all that beautiful blue - you did an excellent job! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: The 5th is my favorite, it's so magical!
campgirl: Every.one.of.your.avatars.are.perfect. Seriously, I'm stunned. I don't know how it would be possible to pick a favorite, the 1st one has to be the most beautiful Lilliandil avatar I've ever seen, the 2 and 3 one's are so beautiful - Georgie looks stunning and really mature!! And of course all the Ben Barnes one's are amazing, 6, 7 and 8 are my favorite's! :D You did an amazing job!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » May 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Flam, I like 4 & 5. :D

Adeona, I got that tutorial up for you now. :) -- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=140&start=272#p160826

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby flambeau » May 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Thank you all for the comments on my previous batch of icons! :D I really appreciate them!

sweeet wrote:Can you do a tutorial on number 6? Please?

I'm honestly not sure if I can. I haven't attempted to recreate it yet because I'm really not certain of what coloring I used, but I'll give it a go and see if I can get it close.

Girly, *gazes in delight* #6 is gorgeous!!!!! I would really really really love a tutorial if you possibly could do one. ;;) #5 is awesome as well!

Okay... so I was bored one afternoon, and bemoaning the fact that I don't have a livejournal and can't enter 20in20 icontests, when Becca brilliantly suggested that I go ahead and make a set of graphics using the latest Narnia icontest themes for fun. So I took her up on it, chose Caspian as my subject since I rarely make graphics of him from PC, and here's what I came up with! :) I hope they look okay... I went a little out of my comfort zone with some of them, but I think I like them.

Image Image Image Image Image
(Very Close Crop, Black & White, Layer, Looking Down, Tired)
(Day, Favorite Moment, Quote, Sinister, Smile)
(Category - Same Image)
(Artist's Choice)

Alternates and rejects coming in my next post. ;)

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby lover of narnia » May 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey y'all! :D I think it's about time I returned to this thread. I've been absent for far to long; letting my icon piles build up. Thank you for all your comments on my last batch! They are much appreciated.

Brief comments for page 83:

NAH, Lovely! I'm finding myself adoring the coloring on #6. The cropping on the rest is well done.
Adeona (first post) I saw those on LJ! They are fantastic! The artists were very creative with their textures. (second post) These are quite nice! I like 1 and 7 best. 7 especially, though, with it's cropping. :)
flam, Gorgeous. As they never fail to be. :) The croppings are very nicely handled on these. I'm really, really liking them. Not to mention your ravishing coloring. My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, and 4. #4's coloring is especially vivid!
Ithy, Very nice. I like the soft feel to them all. I like 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 the best.
Kira Pretty! Indeed! 4 is especially nice. I love the coloring.

Comments for this page:

flam, (first post) It's so very nice to see you posting so often! :ymhug: Your icons in this batch are as fantastic as ever! I'm adoring the negative space! Definitely lovely! And your coloring is as always breath-taking. My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. (second post) :-o *sputters* :-o You never cease to ever amaze me. And I think it's beyond awesome that you did the 20in20! :D I'm SO flattered, that you did the themes I posted. :D I get to see the themes I posted made into icons by the best! My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20. :D They are fantastic; creative and wonderfully colored. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Icons to come!

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby violetfirekrazed » May 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh heavens I haven't been in this thread in forever!

I've been looking through the last page and the level of sheer professional quality you guys keep bringing to the forefront on this thread is astounding! :-o

I have a small batch... I hope y'all like 'em, it's not much and I wish I could comment on everybodies, but that would fill up about two pages of the thread :P

Not much, and not spectacular or anything, but anyone is free to use with credit :) Thanks All!

~VFK~
violetfirekrazed
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » May 23, 2011 3:07 pm

I know I've been really bad with comments. Sorry. :(

A few icons from me.

Image Image Image Image

Comments are ♥! Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby campgirl » May 27, 2011 6:01 pm

No time for individual comments, but fab job y'all!!! :ymapplause: Everything looks stunning! Thank you for the comments!

flammie, Thanks so much!! I really loved the way #6 turned out.... I believe what I did was: Becca's 9th tutorial (the Caspian one; I left out 2 of the screen layers in the first step) and then I used the textures in your 102nd tutorial. Maybe with some added Hue-Sat or Brightness-Contrast, I'm not exactly sure. And here's the picture I used. :) You're icons are.... gorgeous! I love them! My favorites are #3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, and 20. That last row is great. Awesome job!! :D

Well camp starts Sunday, so I probably won't be on much at all. :( I'll try to keep an eye on y'all though, make sure y'all are behaving (ha, yeah right!). ;)

-- cg
Team Hoodie! | Keeper of the Secret Magic | ♥
campgirl
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » May 28, 2011 1:57 am

Vi, amazing job, as always! I think these might be your best so far. :) My faves are 5, 6, and 7.
WunderLu, My favorite is number 4. :D Great blending.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jun 02, 2011 10:50 pm

I finally found time to make a few! I don't like the last one very well. I like the idea but not how it turned out.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Texture on 6 by hyaline12. Please don't use number 3 while I'm using it.

No permission necessary but please credit!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm

After a long absence from this thread...

Textures by the usual people.

Anyone can use. C&CC
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Elanor » Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

This thread has been going too slowly, lately; but what is here, is stunning!!!!! :D
Flambeau: I love how you did all those Caspian one's; that must have been a really cool challenge! I have to say, the "Artist's Choice" one's were all my favorite; you have very good taste! I especially like 4, 6 and 10, and the coloring in 17 and 19 is just stunning!! :ymapplause: Excellent job!!
violetfirecrazed: Lovely to see you posting in here. As you may possibly be able to tell, I am the HUGEST fan of your graphics, and I am not disappointed with this post! :D I LOVE the haziness and colors, and the vintage feel that all of yours have, it's really cool and pretty! Favorite's are 3, 4, 6 and 7.
Wunderkind_Lucy: Few, but beautiful. :) The soft colors in 2 make it really lovely, and 3 is just really cool! :ymapplause:
narnian_at_heart: Oh, goodness, I love all your Susan one's; they're all so perfect! I like 1, 3, 4, and 5 the best.
dotk: Wow. AMAZING! ;) 3 is my very favorite, it's just so cool! I love how it's like half b&w, but with hints of color. STUNNING color and vintage feel on four, that's such a pretty picture. I also adore 7, 8 and 9.
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Evelyn » Jun 08, 2011 9:23 am

Wow! :-o These are all amazing! :ymapplause: Mine are not that good.
But, hey! You only get better with practice, right?

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

I would love any of your comments!
Please don't use with out asking - thanks!
Merry Christmas!

"I'm here to save Elizabeth!" ~ Will Turner
Evelyn
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AslansChild » Jun 09, 2011 2:34 pm

sppcfdqfawavatar.png
crashandburnavatar.png

sffnstpcavatar.png

Hi everyone, I just wanted to pop in and say "Hello". Also, I wanted to share some graphics I made. Any comments and criticism is welcomed... I've watched your guys work for a long time...you're all very good.

AslansChild
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext