This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Avatars - First Edition!

Postby Elanor » Apr 22, 2011 7:46 am

Amazing work, everyone! :)
Shasta: Yours are so cute - I love the 5th one, it captures that sweet little smile which I love so much. :D And the 6th is so gorgeous - Georgie is beautiful indeed! Great job! :ymapplause:
flambeau: Wow. *jawdrops* Those first two are simply stunning!!!!!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Everything about them is unique, beautiful, some of the loveliest avvie's I've ever seen. Seriously. GREAT job!! I love the 5th one too!
Becca: More lovely Caspian one's!! :ymapplause: Love those top three, and the coloring on the 4th is incredible!
Djaq: (First of all, I love your current avi! :P) All of yours are lovely - they're all so vibrant and clear, and just lovely to look at. 6 is my favorite. :ymapplause:
W. Lucy: Really great work - they're all so unique and pretty - Love the 4th and 5th. :ymapplause:
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby flambeau » Apr 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! :)

@ Becca, I'm afraid that a tutorial for #5 in my last batch is a big no-can-do. I'm absolutely clueless about what coloring I used. ;)) Sorry about that! I'll send you the background texture soon. :)
Lovely icons! I love the super close crop on #2, the split-screen on #3, and the negative space on #6! They're all very striking! :)
Dee!! :D Graphics from you! Yay! Totally love #3, 4, 7, 8, and 9! Love the cropping on #9! 'Tis highly epic. :P
WunderLu, oooh! I love the blending on #2, and the negative space on #4 is very striking! I also really like #3. :)

Some more new ones from me. Sorry for the variations. I'm indecisive. ;))

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Thanks to WunderLu for the text texture in #2.

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby theprincessspy » Apr 23, 2011 11:06 am

Oh, what lovely graphics! (Why doesn't my RSS reader only pick up a smattering? Grr...) Gorgeous coloring on those Susan avis (and the running Lucy ones), HM Swanwhite. *saves* Flambeau, that final one of Peter, square inside a square, is brilliant. :) Everyone is doing a stellar job! :)

A few from me:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Texture credits: aravis_autarkeia, wunderkind_lucy, theprincessspy, missaravis, and hyaline12 @ NarniaWeb, and dustymemories, sanami276 @ LiveJournal.

Credit is great, comments make me smile, and a quick PM/shout-out to let me know you're using one makes my day! :)
~tps

EDIT: Two more that I forgot:
Image Image
Texture by NW's aravis_autarkeia.
I Am An Authoress Blog
I answer to tps.
Avi by Wunderkind_Lucy ~ Sigi by campgirl
theprincessspy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Apr 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Some from me!

Image Image Image Image Image

Comments are ♥! Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby lizzyhenley009 » Apr 26, 2011 1:46 am

Flambeau: I love the bright colours on yours. I like #2 and #6
theprincessspy: Gorgeous text on #1 and #2, #8 is really cute as well.
Wunderkind_Lucy: There's lots of beautiful colours, I think my favourites are #2, #8, #11, #12 and #14

A few from me...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Textures from flambeauDjaq, screencaptures from Enchanted.
C & CC welcome.
"She seemed invincible. The same woman who enchanted my childhood, enchanted my time on Doctor Who and enchanted generations who have watched her and fallen in love with her – just like I did." -David Tennant
lizzyhenley009
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Elanor » Apr 26, 2011 8:49 am

Wow - all of the posts above are amazing - great graphics!! :ymapplause:
flambeau: So pretty - those first two are just stunning, though I can't decide which one I like better. The picture on the 3d and 4th one's are really great, I've never seen them before!! :ymapplause:
theprincessspy: Great job, you're very creative!! The 4th one is really lovely, I love the blurriness, and the words. The 5th one is so adorable, she has such a cute smile, great job on that! And the 9th one is amazing!!! :ymapplause: Colors on the last two are really cool!!
Wunderkind_Lucy: Wow so pretty!! So many bright and clear colors! It's really hard to pick a favorite, but I LOVE 12, 14, 15 and 17. :) Great job!! :ymapplause:
lizzyhenley009: Your colors are so beautiful - I love 2, 4 and 5. :ymapplause:
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Apr 26, 2011 2:07 pm

A few more! ^^

Image Image Image Image

Comments are ♥! Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby lover of narnia » Apr 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks for all the comments on my latest batches!

Page 82...

Dee, The tutorial is done! It's not the best, so very sorry. You can see it here. Gorgeous avatars from yourself! Lovely, warm, blue, coloring there. :)) My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Wonderful! :ymapplause:
Wunder_Lu, I think you already know how much I love these. :D Your coloring is beautiful, and your blending is very well done. I like: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Awesome! :ymapplause:

Page 83...

flam, Alright! That's fine, I perfectly understand. ;) Ravishing graphics, as always! Lovely textures and coloring on all of them. I'm really liking the levels and black lines. My favorites are: 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. Great, great, job! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
theprincessspy Nice! :) I really like the croppings and the black frames. My favorites are: 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13.
Wunder_Lu (First post) OH! So lovely! And so many! :D Gorgeous textures and coloring. My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,17 and 18. Awesome! (Second post) Pretty! :D My favorites are 2 and 3. My only CC is that on 4, the text is a little distracting at the texture a bit over powering. But good job! :ymapplause:
LizzyHenely009 Very, very, pretty coloring! :) It's lovely, really! I like: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9. Keep it up! :ymapplause:

A few from me...

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

C & CC is great. Credit is appreciated, but not required, if you use.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian_at_heart » May 02, 2011 1:15 pm

Finally, I found some time to make some new Narnian graphics.

Comments:

flambeau, I love the way you did them with two pictures. Especially the two Lucy ones.

tps, I love the Ed ones. They're so pretty with the blurring at the edges and coming through the window.

wunderking_lucy (first post), I like them all! You have such lovely coloring especially on 2, 5, 8, and 14.

lizzyhenley, I love the blue-purple coloring and the cropping on all of them. One little bit of constructive-criticism: some of them look like they were stretched a bit vertically. Maybe fix that? Other than that, they're lovely.

wunderkind_lucy (second post), beautiful ones again! I love number 1!

lover of narnia, I love your coloring! I love the way you did 2 with the light streak in the middle and at the bottom corners.

(In case no has noticed yet, I am obsessed with coloring!)

Textures by hyaline12, wunderkind_lucy, and Aravis_Autarkeia.

Tutorials (very loosely) on 1, 2, and 5 by Wunderkind_Lucy. By very loosely, I mean that I follow the tutorial for the first 1 - 10 steps or so and then I think "HEY, I love the way that looks! How about if I do this now?" and then I go my own way with it. Or, I try to remember how I kind of followed the tutorial the last time and do what I can remember and mess around with it a bit. So I never actually finish a tutorial. :p ;;) \:D/

C and CC appreciated. No permission necessary but please credit if you use!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Adeona » May 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Comments:
narnian_at_heart: Very pretty! My favorites are 5, which has lovely coloring (the dark edge is a nice touch as well), 7, 8, and 10 (nice texture choice).
lover of narnia: #1 is adorable - dear Susan. :) Great job with the text! #2 is splendid. Stunning coloring and blending! :ymapplause:
Wunderkind_Lucy: 1st Post: I like 7 and 8 - texture backgrounds are very neat, and you do a great job with them. :) But my favorites are the VDT Lucy ones. 12 so pretty! 19 also stands out, unique and very well done. 2nd Post: Great job blending on 1, and 3 is so pretty. You nailed the coloring on that one!
lizzyhenley009: I like your coloring on this batch - it works best on the Aslan and Reep avis. My favorite is #5 - nice cropping!
theprincessspy: I like 4 - great job matching textures and text to fit the image! #12 is my other favorite - lots of fun!
flambeau: beautiful job with the VDT avis! :ymapplause: I like those a lot. Especially 1-3!

Avis:
Please note that I did not make these avis! I requested them on LJ and will label who made what. I just thought that others might like to see these lovely text avis, especially the MN ones, considering we may be getting a movie soon...

These three LB text avatars were made by kauniimpiminua on LiveJournal. (My favorite is #3)
Image Image Image

These eight MN text avatars were made by nnyleinahpets on LiveJournal.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I like that last one best of this batch. :)

The two avi makers are fine with anyone using, as long as they get credit. :)
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby flambeau » May 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Thank you all for the comments! :)

tps, good work on those! My favorites are #4, 6, 7, and 10!
WunderLu, first post: great batch! My favorites are #3, 7, 9, 10, 15, and the coloring on #20! Second post: wonderful coloring on #2!
lizzy, what cute coloring! My favorites are #2, 4, 5, and 8!
Becca, #2 is stunning! Wonderful coloring and background! I also love #6!
Julie, excellent coloring on #3! I also really like #4 and 5!
Adeona, awesome quote icons! They both did a great job! :)

Here's some work from me. They aren't exactly new, but whatever. ;)

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby Elanor » May 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Marvelous work, everyone! :D
Wunderkind_lucy: All of yours are so beautiful and creative, that its really hard to choose a favorite! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I really like 2 and 3, and 4, of course, made me think of Libby . . :P Great job!!
flambeau: Wow - as soon as I looked at your batch, that first one caught my eye - it's so beautiful! :D All of your colorings are great, I have to like 1, 2 and 4 the best.
narnian_at_heart: I really like all of yours - you did a great job capturing some facial expressions that are sometimes un-noticed. :) 1, 4 and 5 are my favorites, I think, but it's hard to choose! :ymapplause:
Adeona - LOVE all of yours! :D :ymapplause:
flambeau again . . :P: I love the first four really, really much - it really captures Edmund's feelings and stuff - but they're all excellent. Great coloring! :ymapplause:
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » May 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Wow, great work everyone!

WunderLu - My faves (from your first post) are 2, 6, 7, 9, 12, and especially 14. :D

Flam - My faves are 3 and 6. ;)

Here's some VDT ones from me:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC appreciated. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Kira » May 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Those are lovely Ithilwen! My favorite is the Caspian 'search' one.
Gael is so cute. :)
(By the way, do you go by Ithilwen or Riella?)

Here are some Lucy avvies. Again, many variations on one because I'm indecisive. :ymblushing:

Image Image Image Image
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
- Isaiah 46:4
Kira
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » May 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Kira: Very nice texture use and coloring on #4! I hope you don't mind me saying that the first three feel a little too "Busy" Your cropping is nice, though!
Ithilwen: Lovely coloring on these! Particularly #1. Do you think you could do a tutorial on that one? ;;) Also, the Gael avi is adorable! You did a great job cropping it.
Elanor: Thank you, :) but I just wanted to make sure you knew that those avis aren't by me - they were made by two different members on LiveJournal, kauniimpiminua and nnyleinahpets.
flambeau: Beautiful Ed avis! :-o It's really hard to choose, but I would say 1 and 6 are the best.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Credit to quite a list of graphics artists, most notably to Aravis Autarkeia and flambeau for text brushes. :) Thank you!

Comments, criticism, and credit are ever welcomed!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Ithilwen » May 09, 2011 1:03 am

Kira wrote:Those are lovely Ithilwen! My favorite is the Caspian 'search' one.
Gael is so cute. :)
(By the way, do you go by Ithilwen or Riella?)

Thank you! And either is fine. Or Ithy or Izzy. :)

Adeona wrote:Ithilwen: Lovely coloring on these! Particularly #1. Do you think you could do a tutorial on that one? ;;) Also, the Gael avi is adorable! You did a great job cropping it.

Thank you so much! And I would love to do a tutorial. I'll try to get to work on that as soon as possible. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

PreviousNext